Fan-Made Kaiju Redesign Thread

A place for users to show off their creativity in the forms of art, music, movies or games.
Dracosaurian
JXSDF Technician

Re: Best and Worse Kaiju Redesigns

Post by Dracosaurian »

I love this take on Ultraman Tiga's Gazort.

Source: https://www.twitter.com/MUGI30007073

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

Cryptid_Liker wrote:Here's a Heisei version of the Skullcrawlers.
That's definitely a Godzilla skull and those are definitely Godzilla spikes. Is the design philosophy behind this one that the skullcrawlers are the result of G-Cells like Biollante and Spacegodzilla?
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

Not a big fan of the Godzilla face and dorsal spikes on that Skullcrawler, get rid of the those and put the original face back, keep the beefy arms, the design would look a-ok.
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

G2000 wrote:
Cryptid_Liker wrote:Here's a Heisei version of the Skullcrawlers.
That's definitely a Godzilla skull and those are definitely Godzilla spikes. Is the design philosophy behind this one that the skullcrawlers are the result of G-Cells like Biollante and Spacegodzilla?
The artist said the similarities are due to the Skullcrawlers being the result of some of Biollante's spores landing on the Heisei era's version of Skull Island, where they developed into 'mini-Biollantes'.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

UltimateDitto
EDF Instructor

Post by UltimateDitto »

Then give them a crocodillian like mouth like Biollante.
"There's no respect for Legendary Godzilla on this site. None. Bemular? Really?" - Juan, 2019

Tournament stats: 2 wins - 3 losses
I ♡ Image

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

UltimateDitto wrote:Not a big fan of the Godzilla face and dorsal spikes on that Skullcrawler, get rid of the those and put the original face back, keep the beefy arms, the design would look a-ok.
The entire point of the design is that it's like if it was in the Heisei era. If the changes you listed were made, it wouldn't really look like a Heisei monster.

SoggyNoodles2016

Post by SoggyNoodles2016 »

Cryptid_Liker wrote:
UltimateDitto wrote:Not a big fan of the Godzilla face and dorsal spikes on that Skullcrawler, get rid of the those and put the original face back, keep the beefy arms, the design would look a-ok.
The entire point of the design is that it's like if it was in the Heisei era. If the changes you listed were made, it wouldn't really look like a Heisei monster.
You are right, a Godzilla face and Godzilla spines are the only way to make a Heisei monster.

I loved how that design feature was incorprated into King Ghidorah, Mecha King Ghidorah, Battra, Mothra, Rodan, Moguera, Destroyah, ROM Mothra, Leo, Desghidorah, Grand King Ghidorah, Daghara, Orochi, Utsuno, Kashin Muba, Kumasogami, Shockirus, and the dragon from Princess of The Moon.
Last edited by SoggyNoodles2016 on Sat Apr 25, 2020 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RIP Evan.

Loganrules115
Interpol Agent

Post by Loganrules115 »

Dracosaurian wrote:I love this take on Ultraman Tiga's Gazort.

Source: https://www.twitter.com/MUGI30007073
I like these quite a bit, odd as they are.
Planet X did nothing wrong. :xilien:

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:
Cryptid_Liker wrote:
You are right, a Godzilla face and Godzilla spines are the only way to make a Heisei monster.

I loved how that design feature was incorprated into King Ghidorah, Mecha King Ghidorah, Battra, Mothra, Rodan, Moguera, Destroyah, ROM Mothra, Leo, Desghidorah, Grand King Ghidorah, Daghara, Orochi, Utsuno, Kashin Muba, Kumasogami, Shockirus, and the dragon from Princess of The Moon.
You forgot the pointless beam attacks!
Last edited by Cryptid_Liker on Sat Apr 25, 2020 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

Not sure if this was uploaded before, but here's some interpretations of the KOTM Titans from BozzerKazzoers on DA, albeit not really the best drawn.
Quetzacoatl
Sekhmet (not really sure how i feel about a lioness with dreadlocks)
Leviathan
Baphomet
Abaddon
Amhuluk
Orochi (probably the most boring design)
Kraken
And personal least favorite, Tiamat
EDIT: Whoops, almost forgot two of em!
Bunyip
Typhon
Last edited by Gigantis on Sun Apr 26, 2020 10:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

tyrantgoji wrote:Not sure if this was uploaded before, but here's some interpretations of the KOTM Titans from BozzerKazzoers on DA, albeit not really the best drawn.
Quetzacoatl
Sekhmet (not really sure how i feel about a lioness with dreadlocks)
Leviathan
Baphomet
Abaddon
Amhuluk
Orochi (probably the most boring design)
Kraken
And personal least favorite, Tiamat
EDIT: Whoops, almost forgot two of em!
Bunyip
Typhon
The only one I like is Quetzalcoatl. The rest are generic at best.

SoggyNoodles2016

TBH, I hate basically every fan design for the unseen Titans.

Literally NONE of the ones we saw resemble the mythological counterpoint but all designs bascially do the myth verbatim.

Switch it up you unorignal hacks.

RIP Evan.

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:TBH, I hate basically every fan design for the unseen Titans.

Literally NONE of the ones we saw resemble the mythological counterpoint but all designs bascially do the myth verbatim.

Adding to this is the fact that we have actual portions of designs for some of the unseen titans, and they look absolutely nothing like the fan designs do. https://wikizilla.org/wiki/List_of_Mons ... ters#Films
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

SoggyNoodles2016

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote:
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:TBH, I hate basically every fan design for the unseen Titans.

Adding to this is the fact that we have actual portions of designs for some of the unseen titans, and they look absolutely nothing like the fan designs do. https://wikizilla.org/wiki/List_of_Mons ... ters#Films
That too. Even if it isn't "canon" because it's not shown on screen, this is basically the closest we have to what they're supposed to be.

RIP Evan.

Gigantis
Sazer

Post by Gigantis »

GodzillavsRayquaza wrote: Adding to this is the fact that we have actual portions of designs for some of the unseen titans, and they look absolutely nothing like the fan designs do. https://wikizilla.org/wiki/List_of_Mons ... ters#Films
Considering Mike said Sekhmet's X-Ray isn't even accurate, i wouldn't hold these to the highest examples. Plus, these pictures were made before the rays were discovered.

A guy who randomly stumbled upon this place one day, invested much too much time into it, and now appears to be stuck here for all eternity..and strangely enough, i do not regret it!

GodzillavsRayquaza
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by GodzillavsRayquaza »

tyrantgoji wrote: Considering Mike said Sekhmet's X-Ray isn't even accurate, i wouldn't hold these to the highest examples. Plus, these pictures were made before the rays were discovered.
Fair points.
KWC Co-Operations Manager
KWCE Administrator

ShinGojira14 wrote: Neither. Hideki Anno wins because he writes a hilarious comedic satire movie where Shin and Legendary have to team up to destroy a grotesque crap-monster created by the constant toxic bickering of Shin fans and Legendary fans.
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote: Yup, my dad works at Legendary, the Nebulans are gonna be in the next movie and they're gonna get beat because Madison throws coffee in the leaders face.

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

Nice

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

tbeasley wrote:Nice
I'm pretty sure that's just the 50th anniversary Gamera.

tbeasley
EDF Instructor

Post by tbeasley »

Yikes I meant to put that in the random fanart thread...

Cryptid_Liker
Xilien Halfling

Post by Cryptid_Liker »

Here's a slightly off-looking Rhedosaurus.