Gamera 3 Blu Ray Subs

For the discussion of Toho DVDs, Blu-Rays, CDs, streaming services, VHS, and other formats where Toho films and soundtracks can be found.
Kaiju no Kami
Futurian

Re: Gamera 3 Blu Ray Subs

Postby Kaiju no Kami » Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:16 pm

The Mill Creek subtitles are atrocioius. I got their replacement disc and the subs still sucked as there were missing lines and poorly translated areas. I just hope someone competent gets the movies at some point and gives us the release we deserve.

Maritonic
E.S.P.Spy

Postby Maritonic » Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:05 am

MikeSTZillak wrote:
Maritonic wrote:I always considered buying a new copy, but wasn't sure if I was just going to get screwed over and get another defective copy.

The non-defective copies have "63054-12-A" on the disc:
Resized Image

That's cool and all but that requires purchasing and opening said disc. Not like you can figure it out prior to purchase.
Resized Image

What doesn't kill me makes me Vicious

goji89 wrote:So.......are we gonna Kinkshame the skreeonking birds or what?

MandaSaurus wrote:I think a lot of you here don't exactly know what LOGIC actually means.

Terasawa
JXSDF Technician

Postby Terasawa » Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:49 pm

I’ve only watched this once on Blu-Ray, with the finalized Mill Creek subtitles, but I remember understanding the movie much better than I had in all the times I watched the ADV release.

My favorite of the three Mill Creek releases was the one where the subtitles were the size of the screen. I still have a copy of that in storage.

KillCrites
Interpol Agent

Postby KillCrites » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:08 pm

My copy of Gamera 3 from the Heisei Trilogy box set has mostly pretty good subs except for a few minor typos.
Resized Image

Titanoterror98
Interpol Agent

Postby Titanoterror98 » Mon Nov 26, 2018 10:48 am

Yep, happened to me too. I'll have to double check mine. But even if it suck, it's still watchable.
"Kaiju are underrated." - Me
"Trust God from the bottom of your heart; don't try to figure out everything on your own." - Proverbs 3:5
"The only lemon content that should be on the internet is Lemon Demon music." - The Dapper Critter(A.K.A. Also me)

Dr. Professor
EDF Soldier

Postby Dr. Professor » Thu Jan 17, 2019 5:53 pm

My copy of Gamera 3 has shitty subtitles as well. They're not that but there are some missing lines here and there. I've only watched the film once because of it. I'd love to get a new copy, but I also don't wanna take any chances.
goji89 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:Why not have 2 shared universes? One for America/Worldwide, and one for Japan/Worldwide?

Are you skreeonking mad? We can barely handle a "single" movie......imagine the shiit that would occur with TWO shared universes? Itd be the Kinos against the pleebs up in this beach.

Terasawa
JXSDF Technician

Postby Terasawa » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:41 pm

Not G3 but I noticed that the Guardian subtitle track doesn’t subtitle any of the on screen text outside of the title. I haven’t compared them just yet but I suspect those subs came from the first ADV release where all that text was translated through crappy superimposed graphics. And while those subs aren’t dubtitles, I thought there were a few lines where the translation didn’t seem accurate. I’m not holding my breath but I hope there’s a new translation for all three films in their next U.S. release.

mikelcho
Yin-Yang Master

Postby mikelcho » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:52 pm

Maritonic wrote:
MikeSTZillak wrote:
Maritonic wrote:I always considered buying a new copy, but wasn't sure if I was just going to get screwed over and get another defective copy.

The non-defective copies have "63054-12-A" on the disc:
Resized Image

That's cool and all but that requires purchasing and opening said disc. Not like you can figure it out prior to purchase.
I checked my copy and it's got the right code number. Can hardly wait to watch it when I get the chance!
Last edited by mikelcho on Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Toho Media”