Legendary Pictures' Detective Pikachu (May 2019)

For the discussion of Shin Godzilla, the Godzilla anime trilogy and Toho produced and distributed films after 2015. Includes US movies financed by Toho like Detective Pikachu.
Cryptid_Liker
Samurai

Re: Legendary Pictures' Detective Pikachu (May 2019)

Postby Cryptid_Liker » Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:52 am

Seen it twice. 8/10.

eabaker
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby eabaker » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:15 pm

Posted about this in another thread, but I just found out that my friend Caroline, who has done some production design and GFX work for me in the past, designed the main credits for Detective Pikachu!
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

tyrantgoji
Futurian

Postby tyrantgoji » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:20 pm

eabaker wrote:Posted about this in another thread, but I just found out that my friend Caroline, who has done some production design and GFX work for me in the past, designed the main credits for Detective Pikachu!

Holy poop, can i get Caroline's autograph?

eabaker
Seatopian Daikaiju

Postby eabaker » Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:24 pm

tyrantgoji wrote:
eabaker wrote:Posted about this in another thread, but I just found out that my friend Caroline, who has done some production design and GFX work for me in the past, designed the main credits for Detective Pikachu!

Holy poop, can i get Caroline's autograph?

I can probably arrange that!
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

GodzillaFan1990's
Keizer

Postby GodzillaFan1990's » Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:53 pm

A film I regretted not seeing in theaters. Figured I took the opportunity and decided to do a commentary on it on some other forum.

Solid flick I must say if I had to give it a rating it'd be 7 out of 10. Slow build up but its necessary given its a crime-detective film with great chemistry between the two characters and eventually leads to some big moments that promises to deliver and a twist I never would had thought to have seen coming at the end.

Surprised the film didn't do any better then it did. Given Pokemon's popularity I was certain it would had been a billion dollar hit or at least close but I guess it makes sense because this film along with Shazam!, Godzilla: King of the Monsters and others were among those suffer from Endgame fatigue.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GojiDog
JXSDF Technician

Postby GojiDog » Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:37 am

Yeah I thought Detective Pikachu was going to make a ton of money at the BO, but it felt like Endgame really killed the entire month of May.

Return to “Reiwa Era (2015-Present)”