S.H. MonsterArts 4.0

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
MandaSaurus
Sazer

Re: S.H. MonsterArts Thread 4.0

Post by MandaSaurus »

Tired of this nonsense. What's coming up next, Tamashii? I swear, you'd think they WANT SHMA to die, the way they treat it like a red-headed stepchild. Pony UP, you shits, or let it die, if you think the NA market is not that important. And you can take that lame ALIEN/Predator sh*te & SHOVE IT...

They KNOW we'll buy it, but sick of them letting us dangle... :mad:

Manticore
Gotengo Officer

Post by Manticore »

Chill, dude.
Mr. Xeno wrote:
Manticore wrote: Also, I pretty much agree with the poll results. Sorry, I'm not that much of a fan of the campy, absurd Showa era.
Then you're not a TRRRRrrrRrrUUUUuuUUuuUUuueEEeeEEeeEeeE FFFFFFFAAAAAAaAaAaAaaaaAAaanNnnnnnNNnnNnnNnnNnNN!

SJM925
E.S.P.Spy

Post by SJM925 »

MandaSaurus wrote:Tired of this nonsense. What's coming up next, Tamashii? I swear, you'd think they WANT SHMA to die, the way they treat it like a red-headed stepchild. Pony UP, you shits, or let it die, if you think the NA market is not that important. And you can take that lame ALIEN/Predator sh*te & SHOVE IT...

Calm down. Release in Jan, two releases in Feb, two months off, then a release in May.

Your posts, my god.

Godzilla 2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla 2000 »

MandaSaurus wrote:Tired of this nonsense. What's coming up next, Tamashii? I swear, you'd think they WANT SHMA to die, the way they treat it like a red-headed stepchild. Pony UP, you shits, or let it die, if you think the NA market is not that important. And you can take that lame ALIEN/Predator sh*te & SHOVE IT...

You have fuckin' issues, dude. I think it's time to get off the computer and get some air.

I mean, what are you, 6 years old? You claim to be like, what, in your forties? You're a trip, man.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

I'm tired of their sh*t, releasing stuff that NO ONE in NA has heard of. They KNOW that the NA market is gobbling up SHMA, & they don't frickin' care. WE don't want AVP, when NECA is doing stuff for $20, & THEIR stuff is at least TWICE that in price! We want KAIJU, & at this point they have NO CLUE how to proceed, as all the 'safe choices' are gone. Get some BACKBONE, Tamashii...

Manticore
Gotengo Officer

Post by Manticore »

Dude, you don't want AVP, that's fine. But who is this "we" you speak of? Don't pretend you speak for everyone or that you know their business better than themselves.
Mr. Xeno wrote:
Manticore wrote: Also, I pretty much agree with the poll results. Sorry, I'm not that much of a fan of the campy, absurd Showa era.
Then you're not a TRRRRrrrRrrUUUUuuUUuuUUuueEEeeEEeeEeeE FFFFFFFAAAAAAaAaAaAaaaaAAaanNnnnnnNNnnNnnNnnNnNN!

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

Manticore wrote:Dude, you don't want AVP, that's fine. But who is this "we" you speak of? Don't pretend you speak for everyone or that you know their business better than themselves.
I could come up with better choices for SHMA than Tamashii. Don't tell me that none of you think that...

Godzilla 2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla 2000 »

MandaSaurus wrote:I'm tired of their sh*t, releasing stuff that NO ONE in NA has heard of. They KNOW that the NA market is gobbling up SHMA, & they don't frickin' care. WE don't want AVP, when NECA is doing stuff for $20, & THEIR stuff is at least TWICE that in price! We want KAIJU, & at this point they have NO CLUE how to proceed, as all the 'safe choices' are gone. Get some BACKBONE, Tamashii...
I remember you doing the same song and dance the last time we went ever so slightly longer than usual without an announcement. Same shit, almost point for point, I think.

"They're releasing stuff no one wants!"
"Do they want SHMA to die off?"
"The NA market doesnt matter to them!"
"Where's the next announcement?"
"They have no idea what they're doing!"

SJM925
E.S.P.Spy

Post by SJM925 »

MandaSaurus wrote:I'm tired of their sh*t, releasing stuff that NO ONE in NA has heard of. They KNOW that the NA market is gobbling up SHMA, & they don't frickin' care. WE don't want AVP, when NECA is doing stuff for $20, & THEIR stuff is at least TWICE that in price! We want KAIJU, & at this point they have NO CLUE how to proceed, as all the 'safe choices' are gone. Get some BACKBONE, Tamashii...

My Opinion is Better than Yours: The Post
Manticore wrote:Dude, you don't want AVP, that's fine. But who is this "we" you speak of? Don't pretend you speak for everyone or that you know their business better than themselves.
Exactly. They did Wolf because he's a fan favorite. They screwed the pooch hard with it, though, but saying "we" don't want Wolf is an opinion which includes maybe Manda and the mouse in his pocket.

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

Wrong there boyo. I say make more AVP stuff. Just don't bother releasing it in Japan. They aren't that popular over there. Just make them American exclusives, and they could probably see an increase in sales maybe.
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

Hybrid Gojira
Interpol Agent

Post by Hybrid Gojira »

Castellan Zilla wrote:If I were to start making custom beams for the SHMAs, would anyone here be interested in them? I have some materials being mailed to me and I plan on making some this upcoming Tuesday. Most likely just gonna start with doing Godzillaesque beams and when I get more comfortable do fancier ones.
I'd be interested. There are plenty of monsters that I need beams for.

Also, what about a custom laser horn for Destoroyah?
MandaSaurus wrote:I could come up with better choices for SHMA than Tamashii. Don't tell me that none of you think that...
I'm sure there are plenty of toys all of us want which haven't been released. I'd jump on anything Showa related. But I'm actually happy their kaiju releases are sort of slowing down because I'm on a budget and both Gamera and MKG are appealing to me and that's 250 bucks between both. I''m hoping Legion will be released, but could you imagine that price tag? Ugh.
Kaiju Transmissions Podcast Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/kaijutransmissionspodcast

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

The 'mouse' is not in Manda's pocket, but in his fist, like a .357 Mag revolver( which I own AND carry around at work ), & I'm sick of Tamashii's bullsh*t...

Godzilla 2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla 2000 »

MandaSaurus wrote:The 'mouse' is not in Manda's pocket, but in his fist, like a .357 Mag revolver( which I own AND carry around at work ), & I'm sick of Tamashii's bullsh*t...
Then do something about it, tough guy.

Like, ya know...stop giving them your money if their business practices offend you so much.
Last edited by Godzilla 2000 on Sat Dec 20, 2014 6:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Manticore
Gotengo Officer

Post by Manticore »

MandaSaurus wrote:The 'mouse' is not in Manda's pocket, but in his fist, like a .357 Mag revolver( which I own AND carry around at work ), & I'm sick of Tamashii's bullsh*t...
Yes, we heard you the first two times. Dude, I'm not trying to be an armchair mod, but I think you should log off and relax.
Mr. Xeno wrote:

Noble Saber
Xilien Halfling

Post by Noble Saber »

Then don't buy their products.
Thank you. Contrary to what people may think, there are some who want AVP merchandise.

Oh, and one more thing, Manticore.
Resized Image
Love the avatar.
Last edited by Noble Saber on Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SJM925
E.S.P.Spy

Post by SJM925 »

MandaSaurus wrote:like a .357 Mag revolver( which I own AND carry around at work )

No one cares.

Wonder if I should buy two more of the effect sets at EE... hmmm.... Wonder if anyone would be interested in the beams....

cmdmstudios
JXSDF Technician

Post by cmdmstudios »

Just chill, Manda. This isn't the first time that this has happened. Hell, if we can go 10 years without a Godzilla film, 12 for a Toho made Godzilla film, we can go a few months without any information about some expensive, multi-articulated figurines. The way you're handling this is similar to that of a child throwing a tantrum.
Well, that's certainly a thing.

"Well, you see, the Higgs Bison is the friendliest species of the water buffalo."

GTU
Xilien Halfling

Post by GTU »

There a point to this little rant of are you just stroking your peen?
[clever statement pending]
Genuinely likes Godzilla's Revenge
Steam Profile thing (PM me if you send a friend request)

Derpzilla
Monarch Researcher

Post by Derpzilla »

I actually like the aliens and would love to have some more made. I like very highly articulated figures of those creatures (no interest in the predators though but still part of the franchise) which aren't revoljunk joints. They just need to put a bit more effort, scale and QC into them next time. I'll still buy. Neca have their place but I also think that the SHMA versions have their own place too. I place not actually filled by anything at the moment, which is a real opportunity.

On that line I would LOVE some Jurassic park/world dinosaur figures. Particularly some raptors. Just imagine a super articulated raptor finally :'D. My first very own bought toy was a Jurassic park brown raptor. Still have it. Doesn't move much, but it was the shit back then.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

I want a real Alien warrior and the break is going to give me a nice chance to finish my collection.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image