S.H. MonsterArts 4.0

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Locked
User avatar
BARAGONZILLA
JXSDF Technician
Posts: 1164
Joined: Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:57 pm
Location: Some where, in a vast land.

Re: S.H. MonsterArts Thread 4.0

Post by BARAGONZILLA »

What lava set?

I pulled out the first release Godzilla yesterday. He was more accurate than I remembered. I don't really care about the articulation because Godzilla suits aren't that mobile.
This is the beginning of the end.

User avatar
g2vd
Xilien Halfling
Posts: 6916
Joined: Mon Sep 15, 2014 9:36 am

Re: S.H. MonsterArts Thread 4.0

Post by g2vd »

BARAGONZILLA wrote:What lava set?

I pulled out the first release Godzilla yesterday. He was more accurate than I remembered. I don't really care about the articulation because Godzilla suits aren't that mobile.
http://www.amazon.com/Bandai-Tamashii-N ... B00I2KAUX2
Godzilla

User avatar
MandaSaurus
Sazer
Posts: 11238
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:40 pm
Location: Somewhere between Copperas Cove & Huntsville TX

Re: S.H. MonsterArts Thread 4.0

Post by MandaSaurus »

BARAGONZILLA wrote:What lava set?

I pulled out the first release Godzilla yesterday. He was more accurate than I remembered. I don't really care about the articulation because Godzilla suits aren't that mobile.
The Battra Larva/Mothra Larva Set that came out earlier this year. THAT larva set.

It's the 19th - announcement time begins. And even if there's nothing Godzilla-related, there could be something from SHMA...

Some at Tamashii have said that ALIEN & Predator will return, but quite frankly, as those figs have taken such a drubbing price-wise on Amazon & the like, don't see why they would bother...

User avatar
Godzilla2008
Monsterland Worker
Posts: 184
Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2014 5:31 am

Re: S.H. MonsterArts Thread 4.0

Post by Godzilla2008 »

:destoroyah: got Dessy Final form and he looks awesome! i do wish the eyes were yellow but its fine. The eyes on my G14 are good but the teeth are very "bloody" and red paint is all over the top lip. Oh and is the larva set that good?
My Mickey is ready to trill its way to victory

User avatar
MandaSaurus
Sazer
Posts: 11238
Joined: Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:40 pm
Location: Somewhere between Copperas Cove & Huntsville TX

Re: S.H. MonsterArts Thread 4.0

Post by MandaSaurus »

Godzilla2008 wrote::destoroyah: got Dessy Final form and he looks awesome! i do wish the eyes were yellow but its fine. The eyes on my G14 are good but the teeth are very "bloody" and red paint is all over the top lip. Oh and is the larva set that good?
Some have had complaints about Battra & Mothra's paint aps, but IMO it's a nitpicky issue. Sculpt-wise, it's outstanding, & Battra Larva is HUGE. I got mine for about $90 before shipping at AI, & I have no regrets.

User avatar
Godzilla21
Keizer
Posts: 8887
Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:39 pm
Location: Colorado

Re: S.H. MonsterArts Thread 4.0

Post by Godzilla21 »

MandaSaurus wrote:
Godzilla2008 wrote::destoroyah: got Dessy Final form and he looks awesome! i do wish the eyes were yellow but its fine. The eyes on my G14 are good but the teeth are very "bloody" and red paint is all over the top lip. Oh and is the larva set that good?
Some have had complaints about Battra & Mothra's paint aps, but IMO it's a nitpicky issue. Sculpt-wise, it's outstanding, & Battra Larva is HUGE. I got mine for about $90 before shipping at AI, & I have no regrets.
How much did you pay for shipping
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

User avatar
Naruto65
Futurian
Posts: 3190
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2012 2:27 am
Contact:

Re: S.H. MonsterArts Thread 4.0

Post by Naruto65 »

There are no new May Web Exclusives. Still waiting on regular releases.

User avatar
Hybrid Gojira
Interpol Agent
Posts: 544
Joined: Sat Dec 07, 2013 9:42 pm

Re: S.H. MonsterArts Thread 4.0

Post by Hybrid Gojira »

Snagged Revoltech Anguirus and Gyaos.

Both are awesome - Ang is an amazing figure and scales well with the 64 SHMA which is why in posting here.

I really wish revoltech would have been able to do more Godzilla stuff.

Image

Image

Image

Originally I was going to pass on the Revoltech Rodan, but the quality of Gyaos and Ang might make me reconsider.
Image
Kaiju Transmissions Podcast Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/kaijutransmissionspodcast

User avatar
Castellan Zilla
Keizer
Posts: 8298
Joined: Tue May 07, 2013 8:48 am
Location: Inside Source

Re: S.H. MonsterArts Thread 4.0

Post by Castellan Zilla »

Get these low grade Revoltechs out of the thread of our Overlords. You disgrace them with figures of low quality!

Nice getting Anguirius, he actually scales decently with a large majority of the SHMAs.
I will explain slowly why you are wrong.

20th Century Boy
Futurian
Posts: 3615
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:39 pm

Re: S.H. MonsterArts Thread 4.0

Post by 20th Century Boy »

Big Chap's back to $23 on Amazon for those of you who missed out.

User avatar
Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling
Posts: 6005
Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 5:19 pm
Location: Everywhere doing everything
Contact:

Re: S.H. MonsterArts Thread 4.0

Post by Kaijunator »

20th Century Boy wrote:Big Chap's back to $23 on Amazon for those of you who missed out.
SJM already told us. And he gave us a link!
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)
Dillyziller wrote:Evangelion 4.0: This is (not) a joke

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!

User avatar
mirror
Samurai
Posts: 97
Joined: Tue Oct 28, 2014 5:03 am
Location: NNJ
Contact:

Re: S.H. MonsterArts Thread 4.0

Post by mirror »

Hybrid Gojira wrote:Snagged Revoltech Anguirus and Gyaos.

Both are awesome - Ang is an amazing figure and scales well with the 64 SHMA which is why in posting here.

I really wish revoltech would have been able to do more Godzilla stuff.

https://fbcdn-photos-a-a.akamaihd.net/h ... e918f30766

https://fbcdn-photos-d-a.akamaihd.net/h ... 2268ada1bd

https://fbcdn-photos-b-a.akamaihd.net/h ... 7522740f9f

Originally I was going to pass on the Revoltech Rodan, but the quality of Gyaos and Ang might make me reconsider.
They look great! After seeing a few of the other releases, it almost makes me want to start another line. :huge:


^_^_^

20th Century Boy
Futurian
Posts: 3615
Joined: Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:39 pm

Re: S.H. MonsterArts Thread 4.0

Post by 20th Century Boy »

Kaijunator wrote:
20th Century Boy wrote:Big Chap's back to $23 on Amazon for those of you who missed out.
SJM already told us. And he gave us a link!
Whoopsies, didn't see that.

User avatar
LazerWhale
JXSDF Technician
Posts: 1057
Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:06 pm
Location: Canada

Re: S.H. MonsterArts Thread 4.0

Post by LazerWhale »

A quick question, one I hope doesn't get ignored this time, but how do I swap out Adult Junior's hands? I've heard that if it's done improperly, it may damage the figure, so I thought I'd ask.
Lazer's Art Thread:viewtopic.php?f=19&t=21430&view=viewpoll
My DeviantArt: http://lazerwhale.deviantart.com/
Just because someone likes something you don't, don't treat them poorly for it.
But,
Just because someone doesn't like something you do, don't treat them poorly for it, either.

Lest We Forget

User avatar
Gojira tai Mosura
G-Grasper
Posts: 1327
Joined: Fri Sep 05, 2014 8:36 am
Location: Right next to Mothra
Contact:

Re: S.H. MonsterArts Thread 4.0

Post by Gojira tai Mosura »

I'm very confused here, where do I go to buy the S.H. MonsterArts? Do I have to go on Amazon and find a good price?
Gojira Tai Mosura: Clumsiest Toho Kingdom Member Ever.
I disappear for fifteen thousand minutes, come back for two seconds.

User avatar
Gargantua
Samurai
Posts: 88
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:16 am

Re: S.H. MonsterArts Thread 4.0

Post by Gargantua »

I think SHMA needs to get on up with some Jurassic Park action.

User avatar
Mr. Xeno
Futurian
Posts: 3451
Joined: Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:33 pm

Re: S.H. MonsterArts Thread 4.0

Post by Mr. Xeno »

20th Century Boy wrote:
Kaijunator wrote:
20th Century Boy wrote:Big Chap's back to $23 on Amazon for those of you who missed out.
SJM already told us. And he gave us a link!
Whoopsies, didn't see that.
How could you expect us to find Big Chap on Amazon without a link? Think for a second! 95% of people don't even understand what an Amazon is, let alone find a "Big Chap" thingy on it!
Castellan Zilla wrote:What? No dots on SHMA Mothra?! In the trash she goes.

User avatar
GhidoGoji
Gotengo Officer
Posts: 1519
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:39 pm
Location: No Place In Particular

Re: S.H. MonsterArts Thread 4.0

Post by GhidoGoji »

Gojira tai Mosura wrote:I'm very confused here, where do I go to buy the S.H. MonsterArts? Do I have to go on Amazon and find a good price?
A few (About 4 or 5) are available at Barnes & Noble, but you've got to be lucky to find them there. For the most part, you've got to get them online.
MandaSaurus wrote:@Maritonic: No, most people's aren't. But I have an eye for detail that few here can match. I've been collecting longer than most of you have been alive. I'm also nearsighted, which means that I see things up close CRYSTAL-clear, which means I can point out details & differences like the guy who sculpted the item. So, forgive me if there's only a handful of folks in these forums whose opinion I put on a par with MINE...

User avatar
Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling
Posts: 6005
Joined: Sun May 18, 2014 5:19 pm
Location: Everywhere doing everything
Contact:

Re: S.H. MonsterArts Thread 4.0

Post by Kaijunator »

Gojira tai Mosura wrote:I'm very confused here, where do I go to buy the S.H. MonsterArts? Do I have to go on Amazon and find a good price?
Amazon, eKnight, HLJ, AmiAmi, HS, BBTS, AI, and MANDARAKE.
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)
Dillyziller wrote:Evangelion 4.0: This is (not) a joke

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!

User avatar
GhidoGoji
Gotengo Officer
Posts: 1519
Joined: Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:39 pm
Location: No Place In Particular

Re: S.H. MonsterArts Thread 4.0

Post by GhidoGoji »

LazerWhale wrote:A quick question, one I hope doesn't get ignored this time, but how do I swap out Adult Junior's hands? I've heard that if it's done improperly, it may damage the figure, so I thought I'd ask.
If you're in such a hurry to get the answer, you could just look around for a few reviews.
Just slowly and (especially) carefully pull them out, I believe the best was is to swivel them back and forth as you pull. I don't have Adult Junior yet, but that's what I do when I switch out parts for Gigan and I've had no issue, aside from needing to put in a little force with the stubborn neck pieces.
MandaSaurus wrote:@Maritonic: No, most people's aren't. But I have an eye for detail that few here can match. I've been collecting longer than most of you have been alive. I'm also nearsighted, which means that I see things up close CRYSTAL-clear, which means I can point out details & differences like the guy who sculpted the item. So, forgive me if there's only a handful of folks in these forums whose opinion I put on a par with MINE...

Locked