S.H. MonsterArts 4.0

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Mr. X
Keizer

Re: S.H. MonsterArts Thread 4.0

Post by Mr. X »

MandaSaurus wrote:Unless we get some really good stuff later this year, 2015 will go down as the Worst Year of the line to date. MKG & Gammy can't save it by themselves... :(
Well, 2011 only had two releases... ;)

But yeah, agreed with you there. Honestly, I think its going to take some Showa figure reveals to save this year. First half of the year is pretty blah, only getting two really decent releases out of it. And if they really are opening the second half of the year with a Biollante Rose...
G2000 wrote:
2004Zilla wrote:May God have mercy on this site.
He's given up
2009MECHAGODZILLA wrote:
G2000 wrote:What about leeks? Can we post leeks?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... 3/Leek.jpg
http://orig02.deviantart.net/f900/f/201 ... 9nqjrv.png

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

^ I know where they can STICK that rose, thorns & all... :mad:

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

MandaSaurus wrote:^ I know where they can STICK that rose, thorns & all... :mad:
Ya Rose Biollante would be pretty underwhelming. Still want my articulated Varan.
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

Chris55
Site Director | Media Relations
Site Director | Media Relations

Post by Chris55 »

I'm conflicted on the Spitfire Godzilla. It looks cool and all but it's the 2nd repaint in one year. But, re-paints help pay for more figures which is why companies do them. It just would have been nice to get another design.

Hopefully it'll be like Adult Jr. was and they'll go in and fix little things to the existing model. Better paint application, slight retooling of the inner workings so the jaw doesn't get slack jawed etc.
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

Godzilla21 wrote:
MandaSaurus wrote:^ I know where they can STICK that rose, thorns & all... :mad:
Ya Rose Biollante would be pretty underwhelming. Still want my articulated Varan.
No kidding. A LOT of us would like an SHMA Varan...

Salzilla
Interpol Agent

Post by Salzilla »

Because I wrote them all out anyway while trying to figure out my Top 5, here's my entire list from favorite to least:

1. Mothra Larva 2. Kiryu 3. X-Plosion G 4. Biollante 5. Kong 6. Mothra 7. Battra Larva 8. MOGUERA 9. Space G. 10. Gigan 11. Little G 12. Burning G 13. Heavy Arms (placeholder, jury's still out) 14. Birth G 15. G14 16. Ghidorah 17. Destroyah 17. G2K 19. Rodan 20. Junior 21. Mechagodzilla 2 22. G64 23. G94 24. Evo set 25. Battra
ULTRAZILLA TOYS
Latest Kaiju review: Bandai Movie Monster Series Godzilla Ultima https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCkhkPWINDI

Shannon Squid
G-Force Personnel

Post by Shannon Squid »

MandaSaurus wrote:
Godzilla21 wrote:
Ya Rose Biollante would be pretty underwhelming. Still want my articulated Godzillasaurus
No kidding. A LOT of us would like an SHMA Godzillasaurus...
*Using Tamashii Goggles*

Godzilasaurus it is!

GhidoGoji
Gotengo Officer

Post by GhidoGoji »

Naruto65 wrote:It's official, Godzilla (2014) Spit Fire ver. will be released as a web exclusive. Pre-orders from the Bandai web-shop will begin February 16, 2015 JP time.

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2014 ... Breath.jpg
After months of waiting patiently....Re-paint.
Damn.

Any chance we'll still get some new announcement in about a week?
MandaSaurus wrote:@Maritonic: No, most people's aren't. But I have an eye for detail that few here can match. I've been collecting longer than most of you have been alive. I'm also nearsighted, which means that I see things up close CRYSTAL-clear, which means I can point out details & differences like the guy who sculpted the item. So, forgive me if there's only a handful of folks in these forums whose opinion I put on a par with MINE...

Varan04276
Monsterland Worker

Post by Varan04276 »

I really hope so, but I doubt it.
Allons-y

Mr. X
Keizer

Post by Mr. X »

Expecting brown Rodan to make a reappearance any day now. Followed by a black Kiryu (or two!), and if we're lucky, a "Special Color" version of Gigan 2004 in original Showa Gigan colors.

Heck, let's give MM's "Battle-Damaged Spacegodzilla" a chance, too. That can open up a whole new world of battle-damaged variants. That way they can keep pumping out the Heisei characters, too. Its a win-win!
G2000 wrote:
2004Zilla wrote:May God have mercy on this site.
He's given up
2009MECHAGODZILLA wrote:
G2000 wrote:What about leeks? Can we post leeks?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... 3/Leek.jpg
http://orig02.deviantart.net/f900/f/201 ... 9nqjrv.png

Salzilla
Interpol Agent

Post by Salzilla »

It's to the point where Rose Biollante is going to look AMAZING to us because it ISN'T a repaint.
ULTRAZILLA TOYS
Latest Kaiju review: Bandai Movie Monster Series Godzilla Ultima https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCkhkPWINDI

Serfontein
GPN Volunteer

Post by Serfontein »

I don't need a figure of a rose.

If I want to represent rose biollante I can go out to the garden in late spring and pick a one myself. Also means I won't have lost any money when I have Godzilla incinerate it just like in the movie.

GhidoGoji
Gotengo Officer

Post by GhidoGoji »

Mr. X wrote:Heck, let's give MM's "Battle-Damaged Spacegodzilla" a chance, too. That can open up a whole new world of battle-damaged variants. That way they can keep pumping out the Heisei characters, too. Its a win-win!
I wouldn't mind a Battle-Damage Godzilla if he had blood spewing out of his shoulder like a geyser.
Spoiler:
MandaSaurus wrote:@Maritonic: No, most people's aren't. But I have an eye for detail that few here can match. I've been collecting longer than most of you have been alive. I'm also nearsighted, which means that I see things up close CRYSTAL-clear, which means I can point out details & differences like the guy who sculpted the item. So, forgive me if there's only a handful of folks in these forums whose opinion I put on a par with MINE...

gigan72
Keizer

Post by gigan72 »

GhidoGoji wrote:
Mr. X wrote:Heck, let's give MM's "Battle-Damaged Spacegodzilla" a chance, too. That can open up a whole new world of battle-damaged variants. That way they can keep pumping out the Heisei characters, too. Its a win-win!
I wouldn't mind a Battle-Damage Godzilla if he had blood spewing out of his shoulder like a geyser.
He said battle damaged Spacegodzilla, not Godzilla.
[quote="KaijuFiend"][quote="Birdman"]Do you like what you see?[/quote]
No, and if I didn't value my eyesight so much, I'd bleach my eyes so I never had to see that shit again.[/quote]

11-22-13/11-23-14/12-27-14

Jeff Nesteruk
G-Force Personnel

Post by Jeff Nesteruk »

Mr. X wrote:Expecting brown Rodan to make a reappearance any day now. Followed by a black Kiryu (or two!), and if we're lucky, a "Special Color" version of Gigan 2004 in original Showa Gigan colors.
Brown Rodan would be cool, especially if it came with an out of scale Baby Godzilla. But there would be nothing wrong with Gigan 2004 in Showa colours, it'd be very awesome.
[quote="Smuggers"]Yeah, I can't wait for GOゴジラLA to come out.[/quote]

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Mr. X wrote:Expecting brown Rodan to make a reappearance any day now. Followed by a black Kiryu (or two!), and if we're lucky, a "Special Color" version of Gigan 2004 in original Showa Gigan colors.

Heck, let's give MM's "Battle-Damaged Spacegodzilla" a chance, too. That can open up a whole new world of battle-damaged variants. That way they can keep pumping out the Heisei characters, too. Its a win-win!
Showa colored FW Gigan would be the greatest thing ever.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Jeff Nesteruk
G-Force Personnel

Post by Jeff Nesteruk »

miguelnuva wrote:

Exactly.
[quote="Smuggers"]Yeah, I can't wait for GOゴジラLA to come out.[/quote]

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

miguelnuva wrote:

I did a few mock images forever ago. Modeled the colors after Tamiya Metallic Acrylic Paint. Not true Showa accurate colors, but pretty. I've seen a few people actually repaint the BC/BJ figures in true Showa colors. It's very appealing.
Spoiler:
Last edited by SpaceG92 on Thu Feb 12, 2015 2:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hybrid Gojira
Interpol Agent

Post by Hybrid Gojira »

miguelnuva wrote:

False. A regular Showa Gigan would be the best thing.
Kaiju Transmissions Podcast Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/kaijutransmissionspodcast

GhidoGoji
Gotengo Officer

Post by GhidoGoji »

gigan72 wrote:
GhidoGoji wrote:
He said battle damaged Spacegodzilla, not Godzilla.
Um....No. Might want to consider re-reading the post....