S.H. MonsterArts 4.0

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
GhidoGoji
Gotengo Officer

Re: S.H. MonsterArts Thread 4.0

Post by GhidoGoji »

Hybrid Gojira wrote:Also, this popped up on FB:

https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos ... e=554F1585

I like the original colors better. :|
This is just what I've been waiting for! Thanks for posting this. I absolutely love these new colors - better than the original by far.
MandaSaurus wrote:@Maritonic: No, most people's aren't. But I have an eye for detail that few here can match. I've been collecting longer than most of you have been alive. I'm also nearsighted, which means that I see things up close CRYSTAL-clear, which means I can point out details & differences like the guy who sculpted the item. So, forgive me if there's only a handful of folks in these forums whose opinion I put on a par with MINE...

Hybrid Gojira
Interpol Agent

Post by Hybrid Gojira »

Chris55 wrote:
Swift wrote:That's why I was so crazily hunting for the original G2K before I finally tracked him down.

Though I'd thought from all of the reviews I read that he'd be a stronger shade of green. Just looks pretty much gray to me. But worth it for the purple spikes!
It's been a little while since I've seen the G2K but are the claws/toe nails painted better on this new version?
Here's a pic. Hope it answers your question.

Kaiju Transmissions Podcast Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/kaijutransmissionspodcast

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

Salzilla wrote:BOX DAY delivery from Muteki Sales!

http://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/ag1 ... 41b0dd.jpg
How much was the shipping?

I like both G2Ks the same.
@MandaSaurus: Yeah, would be nice. Hoping for MUTOs or Showa stuff.
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)
Dillyziller wrote:Evangelion 4.0: This is (not) a joke

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!

Salzilla
Interpol Agent

Post by Salzilla »

Kaijunator wrote: How much was the shipping?
I had lunch with the owner, no shipping. ;)
ULTRAZILLA TOYS
Latest Kaiju review: Bandai Movie Monster Series Godzilla Ultima https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCkhkPWINDI

Kaijunator
Xilien Halfling

Post by Kaijunator »

Salzilla wrote:
You get free shipping on all their items?
If you have digital copy codes for movies you want to give away, I'll gladly take them! :)
Dillyziller wrote:Evangelion 4.0: This is (not) a joke

It opens with Shinji, Asuka, and Rei walking along the lifeless, red earth. Suddenly the ground begins to shake.
Godzilla bursts from the ground, killing the 3 pilots. Godzilla will then battle his newest opponent...
parental issues.
TitanoGoji16 wrote:"Do you think C-Rex and FeMUTO could make sweet love down by the fire and give birth to Gabara?"
Best song ever.
YouTube!

Swift
Monarch Researcher

Post by Swift »

Salzilla wrote:
I feel like I've created a great and powerful friendship between two people I've never met.

Salzilla
Interpol Agent

Post by Salzilla »

Swift wrote:
Salzilla wrote:
I feel like I've created a great and powerful friendship between two people I've never met.
You did! Thanks, man. They are big comic book fans, and I happen to work in comics, so all the better.
ULTRAZILLA TOYS
Latest Kaiju review: Bandai Movie Monster Series Godzilla Ultima https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCkhkPWINDI

Swift
Monarch Researcher

Post by Swift »

Hey, me too!

Uh, sort of. Do comics about toys count?

the-killer-wc
JXSDF Technician

Post by the-killer-wc »

Im sad, my mecha godzilla II fall today, his neck break, i cant find a way to rapair it, i think is going to be super glue so it can at least have his head in pose.

Mr. Xeno
Futurian

Post by Mr. Xeno »

mikenes wrote:I think that they may go with the "safe" option and release Gamera '99 just to tantalize us even more about the line before they do any of his foes, especially Legion. If they see that Gamera '99 does as well or better than Gamera '96, then they would probably commit to making Legion or Irys. But my guess is that they would go in this order:

Gamera '99
Hyper Gyaos
Legion
Gamera '95
Super Gyaos
Nightmare Gamera
Irys
Why do so many people put Nightmare Gamera on their lists? The rest make sense, but what justification is there for Nightmare outside of them releasing a G'99 that sells like G'2000?
Castellan Zilla wrote:What? No dots on SHMA Mothra?! In the trash she goes.

SUPERTOHOREMIX
Futurian

Post by SUPERTOHOREMIX »

GhidoGoji wrote:
Hybrid Gojira wrote:Also, this popped up on FB:

https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos ... e=554F1585

I like the original colors better. :|
This is just what I've been waiting for! Thanks for posting this. I absolutely love these new colors - better than the original by far.

In your opinion ;).

Salzilla
Interpol Agent

Post by Salzilla »

Mr. Xeno wrote: Why do so many people put Nightmare Gamera on their lists? The rest make sense, but what justification is there for Nightmare outside of them releasing a G'99 that sells like G'2000?
Nightmare Gamera is absolutely bad@$$, and fans generally gravitate towards bad@$$dom even if it appears in fleeting moments.

I'd personally like a Toto and Zedus from Gamera the Brave. I just watched that again recently, and really, that's just such a sweet movie all around. Really brings out the kid in me.
ULTRAZILLA TOYS

Mr. Xeno
Futurian

Post by Mr. Xeno »

Salzilla wrote: Nightmare Gamera is absolutely bad@$$, and fans generally gravitate towards bad@$$dom even if it appears in fleeting moments.

I'd personally like a Toto and Zedus from Gamera the Brave. I just watched that again recently, and really, that's just such a sweet movie all around. Really brings out the kid in me.
Don't get me wrong, Nightmare Gamera is badass, but we literally saw nothing but his head for about 7-8 seconds total throughout the entire film. Even if that was somehow popular enough to warrant a figure, there isn't anything to go off of to make a figure, unless they made up their own design.

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

Certain characters with small but memorable scenes are justifiable to make (Rebirth) but not sure about Nightmare Gamera. Cool yes. Has any figure of him been made so far?
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

darkcancer
Monarch Researcher

Post by darkcancer »

Yeah, there are several Nightmare Gamera figures and some garage kits also.
Godzilla & Gamera High Grade (gashapon) collector.
Looking for: spare High Grade insert papers (various sets)

1tisoygoji
Gotengo Officer

Post by 1tisoygoji »

darkcancer wrote:Yeah, there are several Nightmare Gamera figures and some garage kits also.
And most of them look really cool.

tymon
Futurian

Post by tymon »

Yeah, doing a Nightmare Gamera isn't a strange idea at all considering how many figures of him already exist...
JAGzilla wrote:And then there was The Giant Condor. He...seemed very dedicated to what he was doing?

Heartless
G-Force Personnel

Post by Heartless »

Strictly speaking, I'd say Nightmare Gamera is more deserving of a figure than a concept G2K and Adult Junior figures. Of course, those both had special circumstances surrounding them, but at least Nightmare had more screentime than them, and an impactful one at that.
Mr. Xeno wrote:Even if that was somehow popular enough to warrant a figure, there isn't anything to go off of to make a figure, unless they made up their own design.
I could be mistaken, but wasn't there an entire Nightmare suit produced? I've seen this picture floating around:

Resized Image
"Sorrow begets solitude. The only thing you can have faith in is yourself."
自分に嘘つけば
自分を失うよ

1tisoygoji
Gotengo Officer

Post by 1tisoygoji »

I'd buy a Nightmare Gamera simply because it's a pretty sick design and I just like the look of it.

Mr. Xeno
Futurian

Post by Mr. Xeno »

Heartless wrote: I could be mistaken, but wasn't there an entire Nightmare suit produced? I've seen this picture floating around:

http://i190.photobucket.com/albums/z14/ ... 4ce3a3.jpg
I was literally coming here to post that exact photo. :P I wonder what the people who find G3's design too edgy think of THAT.

Still, I wouldn't expect to ever see an SHMA of that guy unless all the main Heisei Gamera options were exhausted first.

EDIT: Although now that I look a little closer at it, the Nightmare Gamera suits looks like a retooled G'95 suit. Hmm, maybe a Nightmare Gamera isn't all that unrealistic, if that's the case.
Last edited by Mr. Xeno on Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.