(Moge) Godzilla vs. Gypsy Danger

For the discussion of all fantasy matches, Toho or otherwise.

(Moge) Godzilla vs. Gypsy Danger

Postby PopInPicsPresents » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:55 pm

http://www.tohokingdom.com/kaiju/godzilla_heisei.htm#91
vs.
http://pacificrim.wikia.com/wiki/Gipsy_Danger



ARENA:
Hong Kong Bay

RULES:
Weight Scaled

VERDICT:
I think this is a pretty fair match-up. I'm leaning towards Godzilla here. While his T&C are quite lacking, his immense strength, regeneration and beam spamming are what I think will lead to the demise of Gypsy. If Gypsy gets in close, the battle could lean in her favor if the sword comes into play. Besides that I don't really see any other way of Gypsy being able to harm Godzilla.

Godzilla 6/10
Gypsy Danger 4/10
Godzillatheultimate wrote:I LIKE to randomly CAPITALIZE words in my SENTENCES.

PopInPicsPresents
Stop Motion Guru

Geiger Counter
 
Posts: 5726
Team: A. Sousa Productions
Favourite Kaiju: Zetton
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:59 am
Location: Rochester, MA

Re: (Moge) Godzilla vs. Gypsy Danger

Postby TyrantGojira » Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:19 am

PopInPicsPresents wrote:http://www.tohokingdom.com/kaiju/godzilla_heisei.htm#91
vs.
http://pacificrim.wikia.com/wiki/Gipsy_Danger



ARENA:
Hong Kong Bay

RULES:
Weight Scaled

VERDICT:
I think this is a pretty fair match-up. I'm leaning towards Godzilla here. While his T&C are quite lacking, his immense strength, regeneration and beam spamming are what I think will lead to the demise of Gypsy. If Gypsy gets in close, the battle could lean in her favor if the sword comes into play. Besides that I don't really see any other way of Gypsy being able to harm Godzilla.

Godzilla 6/10
Gypsy Danger 4/10


I agree with that notion, what Godzilla lacks in combat skills, he makes up in power and regen. Gypsy's plasma cannon might do some good damage, his sword too, but Godzilla will overall has the edge.
I dont know. DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME!?!
Image Image Image Image Image Image

TyrantGojira
Geek of Glory

Mirror Counter
 
Posts: 1687
Team: Legion of Doom
Favourite Kaiju: Godzilla (2001)
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:20 pm
Location: Omicron Persei 8

Re: (Moge) Godzilla vs. Gypsy Danger

Postby Kaiju-King42 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:30 pm

I don't see Gypsy handling Godzilla's beam well at ALL. He's made of steel, remember?

He might be able to take a couple of hits, but Godzilla really has the advantage here.
Legionmaster wrote:
Captain Aktion wrote:And Northern Appalachian "rednecks" are scarier than anything we have down here.

Like MonsterMaster! :P

Kaiju-King42
The Mighty Lambish

Geiger Counter

Mirror Counter
 
Posts: 3543
Favourite Kaiju: Destoroyah
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:34 pm
Location: Monster Island

Re: (Moge) Godzilla vs. Gypsy Danger

Postby Godzilla165 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:38 pm

^ And? Gyspy isn't going to just let Godzilla spew beams in his face, and won't crumble to the ground just because he's made out of steel. Plus, Heisei Godzilla's atomic breath damage output is poor... Very poor, and takes multiple blasts to actually get results. By that time Gyspy will have closed the distance, and use his superior CQ to his advantage. Godzilla mainly has endurance, regeneration, and upper body strength (which I will admit Gypsy has to really watch out for) going for him here, due to his atomic breath being quite possibly the weakest in the franchise.
However having said this, this fight is pretty even.
Gypsy Danger 5/10
Godzilla 5/10
"Conquest is made from the ashes of one's enemies"

Image


Vatarian:
Or bite KG's dick off, which would be a sight to see.

Godzilla165
Dragon Ninja

Geiger Counter
 
Posts: 3388
Team: Night Watch
Favourite Kaiju: King Ghidorah
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:37 am
Location: Hayabusa Village

Re: (Moge) Godzilla vs. Gypsy Danger

Postby Breakdown » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:44 pm

Kaiju-King42 wrote:I don't see Gypsy handling Godzilla's beam well at ALL. He's made of steel, remember?

He might be able to take a couple of hits, but Godzilla really has the advantage here.


So? Gipsy has far better fighting skills and can probably run circles around the fatass, slow-moving Heisei Godzilla. Godzilla isn't going to like getting slashed by the Chainswords either. Additionally, Godzilla's heat ray isn't that impressive. There's instances where it could barely damage buildings. All it does it make sparks.

Godzilla is undoubtedly stronger, and could easily thrash her if he gets his hands on her.
Vatarian wrote:When the movie comes out on DVD,I'm going to frame a screenshot of his death-grimace and mount it on my wall next to the vial of tears I collected from a thousand angry Broni Friendzonis ranting about how Prime's an amoral psychopath and Bay violated their childhood like some sort of ancient Babylonian sex-demon.


Twinkle twinkle little star; how I wonder what you are...

Breakdown
Enhanced Slasher

Geiger Counter

Mirror Counter
 
Posts: 4493
Team: Stunticons
Favourite Kaiju: Baragon, Gigan, Mechagodzilla, Godzilla, King Seesar
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:42 pm
Location: The Nemesis

Re: (Moge) Godzilla vs. Gypsy Danger

Postby Giratina93 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:05 pm

Gipsy, beating Heisei Goji? My oh my... I don't think that's going to happen. Those chainswords sliced through some pretty frail kaiju... Goji's made of sterner stuff, and even if Gipsy were to get an upper hand in terms of the melee department... Well, there's always the Nuclear Pulse to ruin the mecha. That's even assuming they get past the beam spamming, you know, the same beam that blasted off KG's neck and killed Battra. I don't see Gipsy taking that beam very well, nor dodging the instant firing of it. and that's not even getting into how much of a physical brute Godzilla can be, picking up MG in a poor position to do so and flinging him with ease. There's no way Gipsy's taking this... Godzilla's just too dang durable, and has far more firepower.
You dare try to challenge me? Then we shall see how you fare against a true Archangel!

Image

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.


GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

Giratina93
God of Death

Geiger Counter

Mirror Counter
 
Posts: 3319
Team: Team Revenants
Favourite Kaiju: Legendary Godzilla
Joined: Sat Jul 24, 2010 6:42 pm
Location: Launching boarding parties!

Re: (Moge) Godzilla vs. Gypsy Danger

Postby Breakdown » Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:16 pm

^ You mean the beam that barely damaged buildings?
Vatarian wrote:When the movie comes out on DVD,I'm going to frame a screenshot of his death-grimace and mount it on my wall next to the vial of tears I collected from a thousand angry Broni Friendzonis ranting about how Prime's an amoral psychopath and Bay violated their childhood like some sort of ancient Babylonian sex-demon.


Twinkle twinkle little star; how I wonder what you are...

Breakdown
Enhanced Slasher

Geiger Counter

Mirror Counter
 
Posts: 4493
Team: Stunticons
Favourite Kaiju: Baragon, Gigan, Mechagodzilla, Godzilla, King Seesar
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:42 pm
Location: The Nemesis

Re: (Moge) Godzilla vs. Gypsy Danger

Postby Godzilla165 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:16 pm

A smaller opponent who took Godzilla's beam like a champ in larval form, and a giant golden dragon whose necks were weakened by Godzilla's nuclear pulse aren't that good of feats for the Hesiei atomic ray.
"Conquest is made from the ashes of one's enemies"

Image


Vatarian:
Or bite KG's dick off, which would be a sight to see.

Godzilla165
Dragon Ninja

Geiger Counter
 
Posts: 3388
Team: Night Watch
Favourite Kaiju: King Ghidorah
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:37 am
Location: Hayabusa Village

Re: (Moge) Godzilla vs. Gypsy Danger

Postby kiryu42red » Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:56 pm

i think this would end like GMK. gypsy danger uses every thing she has to wound godzilla, self destructs, only mortally wounds godzilla, and then the military has to kill him off
User avatar
kiryu42red
Interpol Agent
 
Posts: 698
Joined: Mon May 13, 2013 1:10 pm
Location: in a yellow submarine, inside godzilla's stomach.

Re: (Moge) Godzilla vs. Gypsy Danger

Postby miguelnuva » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:02 pm

Godzilla165 wrote:A smaller opponent who took Godzilla's beam like a champ in larval form, and a giant golden dragon whose necks were weakened by Godzilla's nuclear pulse aren't that good of feats for the Hesiei atomic ray.


Just watched the film and Godzilla's beam was doing something to Space Godzilla.

The ray was dominating King Ghidorah the whole fight, Mothra was sent flying from the beam.

Heisei's beam is not weak at all and I have no Idea where your getting it's the weakest.

I have to go Godzilla here though, just because he's slow doesn't mean his T&C are bad and Gypsy make make Godzilla more powerful with the plasma casters aren't they nuclear based?
The one thing I want to see in life,TOHO buy Gamera.

Shadow Area 1-0

miguelnuva
Kwaidan

Geiger Counter
 
Posts: 5865
Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:32 pm

Re: (Moge) Godzilla vs. Gypsy Danger

Postby Godzilla165 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:51 pm

How exactly was it dominating King Ghidorah? Ghidorah took one square to the neck/chest and wasn't even faced, SpaceGodzilla tanked multiple shots, and you're going to say that because the beam sent Mothra: a Kaiju who always gets wrecked by Godzilla's atomic breath in every movie they fight is a worthy feat? Tell me exactly, if Heisei Godzilla's beam is "so strong" then why does it take so many hits to down an opponent, why was Rodan able to take hits like a champ, why wasn't it doing anything to King Ghidorah until Godzilla whipped out the nuclear pulse, why could SpaceGodzilla tank multiple hits as well as Battra in larval form? Heisei Godzilla's atomic breath has a shit damage output, and gets laughed at by even someone like Rodan. This Godzilla has great upper body strength, endurance, regeneration, but has a beam that is like a BB gun. Showa Godzilla's beam caused more damage, and it was mainly super heated vapor.

And yes Heisei Godzilla's T&C are piss poor. If you think bumping, and energy slapping enemies equals "good T&C", then Showa Godzilla, MireGoji, GiraGoji, GMK Godzilla, and FinaroGoji would like to speak to you.
"Conquest is made from the ashes of one's enemies"

Image


Vatarian:
Or bite KG's dick off, which would be a sight to see.

Godzilla165
Dragon Ninja

Geiger Counter
 
Posts: 3388
Team: Night Watch
Favourite Kaiju: King Ghidorah
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2012 9:37 am
Location: Hayabusa Village

Re: (Moge) Godzilla vs. Gypsy Danger

Postby miguelnuva » Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:18 pm

Godzilla165 wrote:How exactly was it dominating King Ghidorah? Ghidorah took one square to the neck/chest and wasn't even faced, SpaceGodzilla tanked multiple shots, and you're going to say that because the beam sent Mothra: a Kaiju who always gets wrecked by Godzilla's atomic breath in every movie they fight is a worthy feat? Tell me exactly, if Heisei Godzilla's beam is "so strong" then why does it take so many hits to down an opponent, why was Rodan able to take hits like a champ, why wasn't it doing anything to King Ghidorah until Godzilla whipped out the nuclear pulse, why could SpaceGodzilla tank multiple hits as well as Battra in larval form? Heisei Godzilla's atomic breath has a shit damage output, and gets laughed at by even someone like Rodan. This Godzilla has great upper body strength, endurance, regeneration, but has a beam that is like a BB gun. Showa Godzilla's beam caused more damage, and it was mainly super heated vapor.

And yes Heisei Godzilla's T&C are piss poor. If you think bumping, and energy slapping enemies equals "good T&C", then Showa Godzilla, MireGoji, GiraGoji, GMK Godzilla, and FinaroGoji would like to speak to you.


1. When did I say his T&C were good? I said they were alright.

2. Godzilla hit King Ghidorah in the fight and KG had to take to the air, Godzilla had King Ghidorah in trouble more than KG had Godzilla in trouble. THe only other Godzilla to even faze a Ghidorah with his ray was GMK Godzilla.

3. Because Rodan was durable, it took to Plasma Genrades to punch a whole in Rodan and point blank range and he still didn't die. Battra is a tank i Larva form, SpaceGodzilla is arguable the strongest monster in the Heisei series and is in the top 5 strongest TOHO kaiju period and he didn't want to keep tanking the ray. Showa's ray caused more damaged because he opponents were weaker, same with every other Godzilla, no other Godzilla could survive what Heisei Godzilla did save FW Godzilla Ozaki charged.
The one thing I want to see in life,TOHO buy Gamera.

Shadow Area 1-0

miguelnuva
Kwaidan

Geiger Counter
 
Posts: 5865
Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:32 pm

Re: (Moge) Godzilla vs. Gypsy Danger

Postby Kaiju-King42 » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:53 pm

Gyaos wrote:^ You mean the beam that barely damaged buildings?


:lol:

That's a special effect failure. I'd hate to sound like an RZK but that's a really bad argument.
Legionmaster wrote:
Captain Aktion wrote:And Northern Appalachian "rednecks" are scarier than anything we have down here.

Like MonsterMaster! :P

Kaiju-King42
The Mighty Lambish

Geiger Counter

Mirror Counter
 
Posts: 3543
Favourite Kaiju: Destoroyah
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:34 pm
Location: Monster Island

Re: (Moge) Godzilla vs. Gypsy Danger

Postby Breakdown » Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:33 am

Kaiju-King42 wrote:
Gyaos wrote:^ You mean the beam that barely damaged buildings?


:lol:

That's a special effect failure. I'd hate to sound like an RZK but that's a really bad argument.

So is "It's a special effects failure". It's not that this is a one time thing, it happens consistently with Heisei Godzilka's beam.
Vatarian wrote:When the movie comes out on DVD,I'm going to frame a screenshot of his death-grimace and mount it on my wall next to the vial of tears I collected from a thousand angry Broni Friendzonis ranting about how Prime's an amoral psychopath and Bay violated their childhood like some sort of ancient Babylonian sex-demon.


Twinkle twinkle little star; how I wonder what you are...

Breakdown
Enhanced Slasher

Geiger Counter

Mirror Counter
 
Posts: 4493
Team: Stunticons
Favourite Kaiju: Baragon, Gigan, Mechagodzilla, Godzilla, King Seesar
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:42 pm
Location: The Nemesis

Re: (Moge) Godzilla vs. Gypsy Danger

Postby Berzerkgodzilla » Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:00 am

You know, I've always wondered why people can't just stop and think "Hey, maybe, just maybe Godzilla can control the intensity of his beam?" I'd think Godzilla would put a little more juice into it when using it against another Kaiju. Then again though, with Heisei Goji the charge time is basically nonexistent and he consistently fires it near instantly throughout.
Your friendly neighborhood Burger King crew member.
User avatar
Berzerkgodzilla
Futurian
 
Posts: 1514
Joined: Tue Aug 30, 2011 2:33 pm
Location: Pittsburgh

Re: (Moge) Godzilla vs. Gypsy Danger

Postby JAGzilla » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:25 am

The beam strength is irrelevant. The fact of the matter is that this version of Godzilla is borderline indestructible. If hours swimming through magma with a continent pressing down on him didn't do any damage, neither will anything a Jaeger can do.

Godzilla takes this.
"When you're serious about having fun, it's not much fun at all!" -Calvin
User avatar
JAGzilla
EDF Soldier
 
Posts: 3705
Joined: Mon Apr 18, 2011 6:45 pm
Location: Georgia

Re: (Moge) Godzilla vs. Gypsy Danger

Postby demoylition » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:54 am

Although I agree that this godzilla's non-metdown breath is lacking, I think its still enough dangerous enough to harm Gypsy. Close up, Gypsy will probably beat around godzilla(unless gypsy makes a wrong move and lets godzilla get a hold of it). However, this godzilla can take quite the beating before getting knocked out. This battle will probably end with a nuclear pulse from Godzilla when he feels seriously dangered. After that, Gypsy won't be much of a threat.
Shadow Arena: 2 win 1 loss
User avatar
demoylition
Interpol Agent
 
Posts: 724
Team: Blood Magpies
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:08 pm
Location: Middle of Nowhere

Re: (Moge) Godzilla vs. Gypsy Danger

Postby Kaiju-King42 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:06 am

Gyaos wrote:So is "It's a special effects failure". It's not that this is a one time thing, it happens consistently with Heisei Godzilka's beam.


Ahuh.

Well, if we're taking things like that into account now, we better add a new power to Showa Ghidorah's list for his amazing ability to generate wires when exposed to the atmosphere of Planet X. Or Titanosaurus' miraculous size changing abilities. And let's not forget to add in the ever-elusive "Giant Doll Monsters" that were briefly seen attacking a store in Godzilla vs Gigan. Or Ghidorah's ability to petrify his own body like a plastic toy in the same movie.
Legionmaster wrote:
Captain Aktion wrote:And Northern Appalachian "rednecks" are scarier than anything we have down here.

Like MonsterMaster! :P

Kaiju-King42
The Mighty Lambish

Geiger Counter

Mirror Counter
 
Posts: 3543
Favourite Kaiju: Destoroyah
Joined: Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:34 pm
Location: Monster Island

Re: (Moge) Godzilla vs. Gypsy Danger

Postby TyrantGojira » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:46 am

Wait, Dosen't Gypsy have a Nulcear core? Could Godzilla just absorb the radiation from it to become stronger?
I dont know. DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME!?!
Image Image Image Image Image Image

TyrantGojira
Geek of Glory

Mirror Counter
 
Posts: 1687
Team: Legion of Doom
Favourite Kaiju: Godzilla (2001)
Joined: Thu Apr 05, 2012 2:20 pm
Location: Omicron Persei 8

Re: (Moge) Godzilla vs. Gypsy Danger

Postby Breakdown » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:58 am

TyrantGojira wrote:Wait, Dosen't Gypsy have a Nulcear core? Could Godzilla just absorb the radiation from it to become stronger?

This was brought up before and was debunked.


@ KK42

Your point? How does that at all corelate with Heisei Godzilla's beam strength which has been consistently shown to be weaker than his predecessor's.
Vatarian wrote:When the movie comes out on DVD,I'm going to frame a screenshot of his death-grimace and mount it on my wall next to the vial of tears I collected from a thousand angry Broni Friendzonis ranting about how Prime's an amoral psychopath and Bay violated their childhood like some sort of ancient Babylonian sex-demon.


Twinkle twinkle little star; how I wonder what you are...

Breakdown
Enhanced Slasher

Geiger Counter

Mirror Counter
 
Posts: 4493
Team: Stunticons
Favourite Kaiju: Baragon, Gigan, Mechagodzilla, Godzilla, King Seesar
Joined: Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:42 pm
Location: The Nemesis

Next

Return to Fantasy Matches

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Godzilla165