Godzilla vs the Wolfman

For the discussion of Toho DVDs, Blu-Rays, CDs, streaming services, VHS’, and other formats where Toho films and soundtracks can be found.

Re: Godzilla vs the Wolfman

Postby MandaSaurus » Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:14 am

Use some CGI to sharpen it up, & voila! I'd buy it! Big G never battled enough 'Furries' anyway. And the Wolfman suit looked pretty good, the Godzilla suit, not so much - but that's where the CGI clean-up comes in!

And tweak the title a bit. "Godzilla vs The Giant Wolfman" Oh, yeah. :D

MandaSaurus
Keizer

Geiger Counter

Postby Starsteam » Sun Aug 18, 2013 10:39 am

Godzillian wrote:
Mr. Xeno wrote:Guys, it's not really that much of a stretch to realize that Toho isn't going to release a fan-film. The over-optimism on these forums can get absolutely ridiculous.

Actually at G-fest the director said he was in negotiations with Toho about a possible blu-eay and.or dvd review

And we all know how slow negotiations with Toho are.

Can't say I see it getting a legit video release, but maybe they will at least let it be uploaded to the internet.
monstersandmaniacs.tumblr.com dinosaurmovies.tumblr.com

Starsteam
That's MR. Asshole to you!

Geiger Counter

Team: Tricephalon
Favourite Kaiju: Gigan

Postby Rockzilla » Sun Aug 18, 2013 1:44 pm

I don't think Batman Dead End ever had a legit dvd release,but it's all over the internet anyways. Although Godzilla vs The Wolfman could be made in to a full 2 hour movie, so I don't know if it would be put on the internet in the same way. I really hope it gets finished and is licensed by Toho. In a perfect world it would also get an old school sounding dub that is reminiscent to glen glen sound.
Rockzilla
Interpol Agent

Postby Goji » Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:39 pm

Manda2012 wrote:Use some CGI to sharpen it up,

Um, no. This is where you immediately lost me.
Goji
Kwaidan

Favourite Kaiju: Godzilla, Hedorah

Postby junkerde » Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:53 am

Goji wrote:
gigan72 wrote:That's the shittiest one you will get. not even complete.

Actually, the link he posted is not only better quality, but is also from *this* year's G-Fest.

This was from last year, when much less footage was shown.

I was fortunate enough to be in the front row both years, so I'm 100% sure of this.

Thanks for believing in me Goji, I knew gigan72 was wrong. Good job.

junkerde
G-Force Lieutenant

Geiger Counter

Postby MandaSaurus » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:30 am

^ Actually that IS a pretty shitty copy. And filming it off of ANOTHER screen? :roll:

MandaSaurus
Keizer

Geiger Counter

Postby junkerde » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:51 am

Manda2012 wrote:^ Actually that IS a pretty shitty copy. And filming it off of ANOTHER screen? :roll:

it is shitty. plus, no one has the original source footage except the guys who showed it, and they sure as hell wont post it online.

gigan72 wrote:Can you point out where the new footage is in your video?

Oh no I wasn't talking about that, I was talking about how the video you linked was more shitty than mine. Point is, there is no good source, they're all shitty as skreeonk.

junkerde
G-Force Lieutenant

Geiger Counter

Postby ebirahsmeg1 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:33 am

While this fan made film has two chances of being released on BR/DVD (slim and none), I think this Legendary Beast Wolfman character would kick Bagan's ass any day of the week :P :huge: :g2k:

OMG, do you think they'll make a SH Monster Arts Legendary Beast Wolfman figure?????!!! :shock:
GIANT CONDOR!!!!!!!! :shock:

"Someone kick me, kick me hard! We're stupid." - Corn on the cob eatin' Hippie (Godzilla vs Gigan)

ebirahsmeg1
Interpol Agent

Geiger Counter

Favourite Kaiju: Gorosaurus

Postby Godzillian » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:21 pm

ebirahsmeg1 wrote:While this fan made film has two chances of being released on BR/DVD (slim and none), I think this Legendary Beast Wolfman character would kick Bagan's ass any day of the week :P :huge: :g2k:

OMG, do you think they'll make a SH Monster Arts Legendary Beast Wolfman figure?????!!! :shock:

What does Bagan have to do with anything?

Godzillian
G-Force Lieutenant

Geiger Counter

Postby junkerde » Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:43 pm

Godzillian wrote:
ebirahsmeg1 wrote:While this fan made film has two chances of being released on BR/DVD (slim and none), I think this Legendary Beast Wolfman character would kick Bagan's ass any day of the week :P :huge: :g2k:

What does Bagan have to do with anything?

I don't know. Bagan is a lost cause, that's for sure.

junkerde
G-Force Lieutenant

Geiger Counter

Postby MandaSaurus » Mon Aug 19, 2013 3:38 pm

I'd buy a Legendary Beast Wolfman SHMA figure, based on this footage. NOT the Goji tho' - ugh. Plenty of OTHER Gojis, already made, or GOING to be made, to pose with the Giant Wolfman!

MandaSaurus
Keizer

Geiger Counter

Postby Pkmatrix » Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:18 am

gigan72 wrote:
Legion1979 wrote:
Manda2012 wrote:I'd buy a Legendary Beast Wolfman SHMA figure, based on this footage. NOT the Goji tho' - ugh.

...It's basically a re-creation of the 1962 Godzilla.

I have also heard some people say that its the ugliest suit they've ever seen and doesn't retain the spirit of Godzilla, but that was in one the comments of one of those You-tube videos of the G-fest footage. It was since taken down.

That's basically the opposite of what every person I've read about who was there and saw the footage said...

Pkmatrix
Futurian

Geiger Counter

Postby Goji » Tue Aug 20, 2013 10:46 am

Why would the opinion of John Doe on Youtube comments mean anything, anyway? Wtf does "retain the spirit of Godzilla" even mean? How does that even apply? It's a recreation of a once existing suit, so that doesn't even kind of make sense.

The KingGoji suit that Nakajima made is one of the best, (if not the best) fan-made Godzilla suit ever constructed, and captured on film/in photos. End of story.
Goji
Kwaidan

Postby Pkmatrix » Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:53 am

gigan72 wrote:
Goji wrote:Why would the opinion of John Doe on Youtube comments mean anything, anyway? Wtf does "retain the spirit of Godzilla" even mean? How does that even apply? It's a recreation of a once existing suit, so that doesn't even kind of make sense.

The KingGoji suit that Nakajima made is one of the best, (if not the best) fan-made Godzilla suit ever constructed, and captured on film/in photos. End of story.

Who the hell is John Doe? And I believe the guy may have only seen GINO.

Which makes it even more curious you brought up the Youtube commenter at all... :?

Pkmatrix
Futurian

Geiger Counter

Postby Goji » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:50 am

Goji
Kwaidan

Postby junkerde » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:20 am

lol i had to laugh you actually had to resort to this

junkerde
G-Force Lieutenant

Geiger Counter

Postby junkerde » Thu Aug 22, 2013 10:05 am

gigan72 wrote:
junkerde wrote:

lol i had to laugh you actually had to resort to this

And I had to laugh at how because I don't know something and am treated at some idiot. Thanks for telling me nicely.

you're welcome, anytime!

junkerde
G-Force Lieutenant

Geiger Counter

Previous

Return to Toho DVDs, Blu-Rays, Audio CDs