The Godzilla General Discussion & Speculation Thread

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures Godzilla franchise.
User avatar
junkerde
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2415
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:19 am

Re: The Godzilla General Discussion & Speculation Thread

Postby junkerde » Thu May 01, 2014 7:14 am

shows badge

embargo every page
Image

User avatar
phaz0ngoji
Interpol Agent
Posts: 486
Joined: Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:16 pm

Re: The Godzilla General Discussion & Speculation Thread

Postby phaz0ngoji » Thu May 01, 2014 8:10 am

Hey Chris, on a scale of 1-10, how excited are you?

1 being super excited, and 10 being astronomically excited, of course.

Godzillasaurus
Futurian
Posts: 1775
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:47 am

Re: The Godzilla General Discussion & Speculation Thread

Postby Godzillasaurus » Thu May 01, 2014 8:19 am

Chris55 wrote:
Godzillasaurus wrote:Nobody has answered my question yet, why is it such a sin to either proclaim or discuss that the movie is amazing? If we saw a review that said it was amazing, why can't we just post that piece of it? The same thing goes for reviewers, is it going to hurt to just say that without making a full-on review?


How come when it's clearly stated, WHY do you have to persist? We're following an embargo. That's the end of it. Not that hard to understand.


Because nobody ever told me that only stating if the movie was good or not was "against Legendary's rules" ( :roll: )

User avatar
tomcruisectrl
Yojimbo
Posts: 55
Joined: Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:09 pm

Re: The Godzilla General Discussion & Speculation Thread

Postby tomcruisectrl » Thu May 01, 2014 9:12 am

I'd imagine he's at a 27 level

User avatar
Godzilla21
EDF Soldier
Posts: 3381
Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:39 pm

Re: The Godzilla General Discussion & Speculation Thread

Postby Godzilla21 » Thu May 01, 2014 9:13 am

Chris55 wrote:@Phaz: I'd be more excited if I wasn't wasting my time telling people why the site has to follow an embargo. It's gotten past stupid at this point.


You know the Draglord, Gawdziller, and the other mods are doing a good job of taking care of the leaks so you should relax and not deal with all the stupidness.

Also a lot of members of this board are younger so they might not get the concept of an embargo and the industry rules that are in place. Might want to go a little easy on them.
morgoth wrote:What's for sure happening? KK vs. G? because it hasn't been anywhere near confirmed.


Its happening. They are working on pre concept and art. Bet you $100 its going to happen ;)

User avatar
gatorzilla
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2102
Joined: Sun Jul 17, 2011 7:27 am

Re: The Godzilla General Discussion & Speculation Thread

Postby gatorzilla » Thu May 01, 2014 9:33 am

Let's just drop the embargo complaining shall we?

We have PLENTY and i mean PLENTY of other things to talk about.
IN GARETH EDWARDS WE TRUST!
Image

User avatar
Godzillasylum
Yin-Yang Master
Posts: 279
Joined: Sun Jan 08, 2012 4:46 pm
Location: Monster Island

Re: The Godzilla General Discussion & Speculation Thread

Postby Godzillasylum » Thu May 01, 2014 9:35 am

I speculate that Godzilla is going to do amazing when it comes out.. :mrgreen:
Good hunter... May you find your worth in the waking world.

User avatar
junkerde
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2415
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:19 am

Re: The Godzilla General Discussion & Speculation Thread

Postby junkerde » Thu May 01, 2014 10:01 am

Living Corpse wrote:
You know the Draglord, Gawdziller, and the other mods are doing a good job of taking care of the leaks so you should relax and not deal with all the stupidness.


They clearly aren't since your still around after spoiling something for me. -_- And since Godzillaman is still around after being chewed out for posting spoilers. After being warned. Several times.


and since im still around.

but all jokes aside, when is the prescreening at? midnight?
Image

User avatar
Godzilla21
EDF Soldier
Posts: 3381
Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:39 pm

Re: The Godzilla General Discussion & Speculation Thread

Postby Godzilla21 » Thu May 01, 2014 10:17 am

Gawdziller wrote:You taste delicious, LC!

I'd like to note that A. I'm coming off of a leave of absense due to an injury and was taking it easy for a while. Since I don't think you guys wanted me modding you on painkillers, I refrained from banning all of you outright just because I was in lala land and it would have been funny. B. I'm not sure what post from Godzillaman of Godzilla21 you're refering to that's spoiling the movie, since I just decided to jump back in. Where exactly are they spoiling it for you? Instead of complaining about it on the board, maybe you should be, I don't know, reporting them.


A month ago I was posted an accidental spoiler and Living Corpse saw it, got mad, and started calling me names. It was an honest accident and I apologized to him. It seems he's still holding on tight to his resentment though...
morgoth wrote:What's for sure happening? KK vs. G? because it hasn't been anywhere near confirmed.


Its happening. They are working on pre concept and art. Bet you $100 its going to happen ;)

User avatar
Carthormerr
Interpol Agent
Posts: 570
Joined: Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:57 am
Location: Devil's Island

Re: The Godzilla General Discussion & Speculation Thread

Postby Carthormerr » Thu May 01, 2014 10:17 am

2 weeks away. I just can't believe it. Such a long wait, now it's almost over.... It's really hard to take it all in
"A monster can live forever"

tenup
JXSDF Technician
Posts: 762
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:25 am
Location: Bronx Ny

Re: The Godzilla General Discussion & Speculation Thread

Postby tenup » Thu May 01, 2014 10:20 am

tmz live was doing something on Godzilla earlier today. It was nothing special they were just discussing (in their silly joking manner) Godzilla's new appearance in comparison to older incarnations and made the mistake of stating that Godzilla is 50 years old.

User avatar
Underworld54
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2008
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:06 pm

Re: The Godzilla General Discussion & Speculation Thread

Postby Underworld54 » Thu May 01, 2014 10:21 am

If Chris were to break an embargo he'd be blacklisted. Frankly, and to no offense to any of you, but y'all aren't worth it. Everyone who agrees to embargo is entrusted to have good ethics, Chris should be commended for showing that his ethics are strong.
Sadly, I must make you aware that anything I say is my opinion.

Contrary to popular belief, I did like Godzilla 2014

User avatar
Underworld54
G-Force Lieutenant
Posts: 2008
Joined: Sat Jul 14, 2012 5:06 pm

Re: The Godzilla General Discussion & Speculation Thread

Postby Underworld54 » Thu May 01, 2014 10:26 am

Godzilla21 wrote:
Chris55 wrote:@Phaz: I'd be more excited if I wasn't wasting my time telling people why the site has to follow an embargo. It's gotten past stupid at this point.


You know the Draglord, Gawdziller, and the other mods are doing a good job of taking care of the leaks so you should relax and not deal with all the stupidness.

Also a lot of members of this board are younger so they might not get the concept of an embargo and the industry rules that are in place. Might want to go a little easy on them.

That would be fine if the members here weren't explained to ad nauseum about what an embargo was. We've been dealing with embargos for this movie for how long now? 6 months?
Sadly, I must make you aware that anything I say is my opinion.

Contrary to popular belief, I did like Godzilla 2014

User avatar
Godzilla21
EDF Soldier
Posts: 3381
Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:39 pm

Re: The Godzilla General Discussion & Speculation Thread

Postby Godzilla21 » Thu May 01, 2014 10:30 am

Underworld54 wrote:
Godzilla21 wrote:
Chris55 wrote:@Phaz: I'd be more excited if I wasn't wasting my time telling people why the site has to follow an embargo. It's gotten past stupid at this point.


You know the Draglord, Gawdziller, and the other mods are doing a good job of taking care of the leaks so you should relax and not deal with all the stupidness.

Also a lot of members of this board are younger so they might not get the concept of an embargo and the industry rules that are in place. Might want to go a little easy on them.

That would be fine if the members here weren't explained to ad nauseum about what an embargo was. We've been dealing with embargos for this movie for how long now? 6 months?


Maybe some people weren't here 6 months ago. Some people may have.... You know.... been doing other things like working, going to school, having a girlfriend/boyfriend, hanging out with friends. Not every patrols these boards 24-7.
morgoth wrote:What's for sure happening? KK vs. G? because it hasn't been anywhere near confirmed.


Its happening. They are working on pre concept and art. Bet you $100 its going to happen ;)

Godzillasaurus
Futurian
Posts: 1775
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:47 am

Re: The Godzilla General Discussion & Speculation Thread

Postby Godzillasaurus » Thu May 01, 2014 10:30 am

Actually, they did. Time and time and time again.


I don't remember them verifying if they were talking about ALL reactions or just reviews though...

Also a lot of members of this board are younger so they might not get the concept of an embargo and the industry rules that are in place. Might want to go a little easy on them.


That would be fine if the members here weren't explained to ad nauseum about what an embargo was. We've been dealing with embargos for this movie for how long now? 6 months?


I am fully aware of the embargo, but it just seems so stupid that Legendary won't even let one give a simple reaction (like if they said "the movie is awesome! Go see it!"). So don't claim that I am just some kid who likes Godzilla and does not know anything else

Godzillasaurus
Futurian
Posts: 1775
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:47 am

Re: The Godzilla General Discussion & Speculation Thread

Postby Godzillasaurus » Thu May 01, 2014 10:45 am

Well that makes sense. But it still does not seem logical on Legendary's behalf to keep good reviews a secret

But anyway, when exactly is the screening today?

User avatar
Godzilla21
EDF Soldier
Posts: 3381
Joined: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:39 pm

Re: The Godzilla General Discussion & Speculation Thread

Postby Godzilla21 » Thu May 01, 2014 11:06 am

Godzillasaurus wrote:Well that makes sense. But it still does not seem logical on Legendary's behalf to keep good reviews a secret

But anyway, when exactly is the screening today?


Just stay tuned to the TK twitter account and the boards Godzillasaurus. You will see fun stuff in no time.
morgoth wrote:What's for sure happening? KK vs. G? because it hasn't been anywhere near confirmed.


Its happening. They are working on pre concept and art. Bet you $100 its going to happen ;)

User avatar
Eunectes
Futurian
Posts: 1579
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:10 am

Re: The Godzilla General Discussion & Speculation Thread

Postby Eunectes » Thu May 01, 2014 11:06 am

Stop all this positive thinking. Only negativity is allowed in here.

User avatar
Maverick Centigrade
Kwaidan
Posts: 6006
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2013 8:14 pm
Location: Hargenteen

Re: The Godzilla General Discussion & Speculation Thread

Postby Maverick Centigrade » Thu May 01, 2014 11:08 am

Eunectes wrote:Stop all this positive thinking. Only negativity is allowed in here.


I've seen that written before...but where...
So then Worf suddenly has a purple space bazooka...

User avatar
Eunectes
Futurian
Posts: 1579
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 10:10 am

Re: The Godzilla General Discussion & Speculation Thread

Postby Eunectes » Thu May 01, 2014 11:09 am

Das because it is written somewhere else.


Return to “Legendary Series (2014-Current)”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest