2013 X-Plus Vinyl Figures Discussion Thread

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.

Which Figure Should X-Plus Absolutely Release in 2013?

1. Battra
10%
2. Destroyah
17%
3. Gabara
16%
4. Guiron Gamera villain
2%
5. Gyaos Gamera villain
2%
6. Kamakiras
9%
7. Megaguirus
10%
8. Orga
10%
9. Space Godzilla
23%
10. Viras Gamera villain
1%

Total votes : 105

Re: 2013 X-Plus Vinyl Figures Discussion Thread

Postby g robot » Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:49 am

I just wish Xplus would stay in order, they jump from showa to Millenuim to Hensi.
Know I wish, I had gotten that G 2004.
g robot
Samurai

Postby kaiju king » Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:59 am

Well, I'm well into to the showa age group, LOL. & what I'm really wanting is kickass representations of Gabera,Kumunga, and alike. But to me ,the Heisei series had some of the most interesting kaiju designs since the the '70s. But x-plus does have to take the demographics that there trying to appeal to into consideration.

Maybe grobot is just wants a little continuity in the releases. I do. Start from 54 and work your way up. Stay with one movie,finish it out then move to the next. But I guess that would be to predictable. Just wish they (x-plus) would explain the method to there madness.
kaiju king
Yin-Yang Master

Postby king_ghidorah » Sat Dec 22, 2012 7:59 am

Legion1979 wrote:
Everyone has done Heisei Gamera figures, to the point where it's gotten really boring. How many '95-'99 figures of Gamera does the world even need? I'm glad the older monsters are getting some attention with high-end toys. However, as much as I want them, I have to pass. $$ just isn't there for this sort of thing.

Oh, I agree completely. I think it's been done to death and been done well. There's really not any Hesei era Gamera character that need new figures. I was just trying to say that the reason it has been done to death is because it sells well. I think companies have been backing off though.

Hesei era Gamera is kind of like Daimajin. I love both trilogies, but once you have a great figure of each Gamera design, and a Daimajin, there's really nothing that keeps me wanting to collect multiple versions of the characters.

I have a small Gamera 96 mini-collection but that's because I'm nuts. Honestly, I'm not huge on having multiple versions of characters, especially not when they're high-end, detailed toys (Gamera 96 and EX Gomora are my two exceptions). The best thing about Artstorm, Gigabrain, M1 and Marmit...is that they allow you to get multiple versions of your favorite characters without it ever seeming to be repetitive. I'd love a Artstorm, Gigabrain or M1 96 Gamera. :(

Heck, I really want Gigabrain to do some non-Toho characters. A Daimajin or Guilala from them would be pretty awesome.
king_ghidorah
Yin-Yang Master

Postby g robot » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:06 am

Legion1979 wrote:
g robot wrote:I just wish Xplus would stay in order, they jump from showa to Millenuim to Hensi.
Know I wish, I had gotten that G 2004.

They...what...?

They don't really jump around that much at all. They've done two Millennium figures (both Godzillas, if you don't count the resin Kiryu) and a handful of Heisei Godzillas and Biollante. Aside from that, it's been nothing but a metric shit-ton of Showa figures, many of them done twice in two different sizes. I don't believe the 2002 Godzilla figure sold that well. I don't see X-Plus spending much time in that era. People want Showa, and that's what we've been getting.

Not getting the complaint.

OK then why are we not finnish with Dam lineup, how many of us are still waiting.
g robot
Samurai

Postby king_ghidorah » Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:14 am

Legion1979 wrote:Besides, X-Plus already did Legion and Irys. ;)

That's what I'm saying playah!! Lol.
Those figures are great. No need to replace them. I mean, why the F would I want a Legion that took up a whole coffee table??? The old figures are ultra-detailed, affordable and decent on space. I've heard a few people say they can't wait to have X Plus Legions and to that I say we already F'n have it!!! Just because something is old-ish doesn't make it bad or in need of an upgrade.
king_ghidorah
Yin-Yang Master

Postby MasonWerx » Sat Dec 22, 2012 3:18 pm

Legion1979 wrote:I'd say the Yog monsters

Yogs would be cool. I would hope that they would do them in a 18 or so cm size and do a 3 pack. It would save me money and make sense because the yogs aren't as big as Godzilla or Gamera Kaiju just judging by the film so they should be a smaller size.
MasonWerx
Interpol Agent

Postby kaiju king » Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:47 am

^to masonwerx : I don't mean to sound trivial, but if they were to make the Yog trio in the 25cm scale they would be at around 18cm. In the showa series Godzilla was at about 50 meters,Gezora was at about 30. So I think your wish would come true. Does anyone have the bandai museum Yog figures? I got all tree and they look pretty damn good.Kamebas neck actually extends in & out pretty cool. Some of the best bandai IMO.
kaiju king
Yin-Yang Master

Postby Planetxman » Sun Dec 23, 2012 10:52 am

The Bandai Museum Yogs are GREAT toys. I wish Bandai Museum continued that line. I still love the '62 Godzilla. But then the X-Plus '62 came out and blew it away,
When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the Earth.
Planetxman
JXSDF Technician

Postby MasonWerx » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:29 am

kaiju king wrote:^to masonwerx : I don't mean to sound trivial, but if they were to make the Yog trio in the 25cm scale they would be at around 18cm. In the showa series Godzilla was at about 50 meters,Gezora was at about 30. So I think your wish would come true. Does anyone have the bandai museum Yog figures? I got all tree and they look pretty damn good.Kamebas neck actually extends in & out pretty cool. Some of the best bandai IMO.

Yeah, that's what I was saying. (I said 18 cm "size") They should be around 17-18 cm to fit with the scale of the 25 cm scale series. I have a feeling though that if X-plus does make those characters they won't be smaller. I'm guessing that they will overlook that for some reason.

Also I don't have the Bandai Museum yogs, but I do have the marmit yog kits. Kamebas' neck extends in and out on the marmit as well. I wish that you could take pics of the Bandai Museum yogs. There are no pictures of them that I can find on the internet. They must be super rare.

Planetxman wrote:The Bandai Museum Yogs are GREAT toys. I wish Bandai Museum continued that line. I still love the '62 Godzilla. But then the X-Plus '62 came out and blew it away,

Yeah, bandai needs to stop discontinuing their best lines. Bandai Museum got discontinued and then apparently years later the Soul of Soft vinyl line got discontinued. I guess that they just weren't selling well enough.
MasonWerx
Interpol Agent

Postby Planetxman » Sun Dec 23, 2012 11:53 am

I'll always regret selling that Yog Set. But times were tough and The Real Estate Market fell apart. A really bad time for me. I sold 90% of my collection over the course of about 2 years.
When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the Earth.
Planetxman
JXSDF Technician

Postby kaiju king » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:36 pm

That's what makes this a great forum, ask and u shall receive. Thanks for the
pictures, & quick too.
kaiju king
Yin-Yang Master

Postby MasonWerx » Sun Dec 23, 2012 12:51 pm

Cool. I finally get to see the bandai museum yogs. I was beginning to think that they didn't exist

Check out my Marmit Yogs:

MasonWerx
Interpol Agent

Postby kaiju king » Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:18 pm

Man that Ganami is kinda camouflaged in front of that Rodan. I'm really liking the color choice of that Kameba. Did you paint it or did it come from marmit like that?
kaiju king
Yin-Yang Master

Postby RedZillaKing » Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:20 pm

There's no Kamoebas in the poll! Insulting!!! Spacegodziller it be, then!
http://www.importingmonsters.blogspot.com
PiPP wrote:Final Wars 2. Now with 1000% less Bagan and 80% more shitty human drama.

RedZillaKing
Kwaidan

Geiger Counter

Postby MasonWerx » Sun Dec 23, 2012 1:29 pm

Best watch your step, Redzillaking. You're on my turf now, bro. Gang War!

@ Kaiju King --- Its my paint job. I still haven't finished the claws. Most of my models, I haven't finished the claws. I need to get an airbrush and then strip the paint off their claws and do the claws with an airbrush. BTW, do you know of a good way to strip paint? without damaging the vinyl? is there a specific paint remover for that kind of thing?

Also, here is the prepainted version of the same Kameba, with his neck all the way in.

See how the claws look airbrushed? That is what I want to do for my models that have unfinished claws.
MasonWerx
Interpol Agent

Postby kaiju king » Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:02 pm

If your paint is acrylic (which I highly recommend) on a vinyl kit, I've used mineral spirits. I think its a little less harsh than lacquer thinner of goof off. But vinyl pretty resilient. Just brush it on a couple times and you'll start seeing paint come off. If you used enamel (God forbid) on vinyl you'll put your stripper on,remove it with a cloth.of course wiping away from the foot. Claws are important in making a kaiju look good. Question! What's that creature in a striking pose in front of Kameba?
kaiju king
Yin-Yang Master

Postby burninggoji » Sun Dec 23, 2012 5:37 pm

i picked up the kamebas recently, i love it especially when you can move his neck all the way out or not. My concern is the ganime where i notice the antennae can break off quite easily and recently i saw a gezora where one of the back tentacles broke off.
burninggoji
Ronin

Postby MasonWerx » Mon Dec 24, 2012 11:32 am

kaiju king wrote:If your paint is acrylic (which I highly recommend) on a vinyl kit, I've used mineral spirits. I think its a little less harsh than lacquer thinner of goof off. But vinyl pretty resilient. Just brush it on a couple times and you'll start seeing paint come off. If you used enamel (God forbid) on vinyl you'll put your stripper on,remove it with a cloth.of course wiping away from the foot. Claws are important in making a kaiju look good. Question! What's that creature in a striking pose in front of Kameba?

Ok, I'll find some of the mineral spirits at hobby lobby. And yeah, I use acrylics.

The little figure striking the pose is Barugon from the Konami SF Gamera collection Vol.2. I have volume 1 as well minus the flying Gamera. They are stylized blind-box toys. I try to stay away from collecting gashapons or mini toys, but I've made an exception for a few really stand out toys.
MasonWerx
Interpol Agent

Postby kaiju king » Tue Dec 25, 2012 12:00 pm

^ TO MASONWERX : Barugon,that's what I thought. Wasn't sure tho. & wasn't sure of the manufacturer. I guess I should of done my home work again. That virus is one of the better ones I've seen. Cool collection. So why aren't you into the gashapons or candy toys?k
kaiju king
Yin-Yang Master

Postby Lain Of The Wired » Tue Dec 25, 2012 1:26 pm

Can you upload a better picture of your Guiron, it looks odd...

Lain Of The Wired
Computer Virus

Geiger Counter

Postby Mr. X » Tue Dec 25, 2012 3:32 pm

Lain Of The Wired wrote:Can you upload a better picture of your Guiron, it looks odd...

I'll do it instead, only because I already have a pic at the ready:

Love these things. Sweet redesigns.
R.I.P. Craig Windrix, 1978 - 2014

NSZ wrote:I still say they can't be an advanced civilization if they don't have pants.

http://mr-x-the-psychotic-fanatic.tumblr.com/

Mr. X
"Oh, a wise guy, eh?"

Geiger Counter

PreviousNext

Return to Toho Toys and Models