S.H. MonsterArts 3.0

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.

Re: S.H. MonsterArts 3.0

Postby Plexton » Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:43 am

Gojira Prime wrote:I know it's early, but would collectors still want the movie suit version of G2000 for Monsterarts? Even though we got the maquette version, would a suit accurate version still be in demand?


While this version of G2K makes for a very nice figure, I personally still want to see the movie suit version; the two aren't that different overall, but they are different enough around the head to have two distinct looks. Mr. Sakai has done stellar sculpts of the film version in the past, so that's not unreasonable:

http://g-dream.cocolog-nifty.com/blog/2 ... -8fee.html

Still, I'm glad the concept version made it into this line, as I know that it has a lot of fans.

Plexton
Futurian

Geiger Counter
 
Posts: 1976
Joined: Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:33 am

Re: S.H. MonsterArts 3.0

Postby RedZillaKing » Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:35 pm

Not sure what the issues were exactly, but a simple head swap wouldn't work. Besides, since Shinichi Wakasa (creator of the actual Godzilla 2000 suit) is the other main sculptor in this line, I'd like to see him render the film accurate figure.
http://www.importingmonsters.blogspot.com
PiPP wrote:Final Wars 2. Now with 1000% less Bagan and 80% more shitty human drama.

RedZillaKing
Kwaidan

Geiger Counter
 
Posts: 6288
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:26 am
Location: Mogeru Pokkiri, Bitches!

Re: S.H. MonsterArts 3.0

Postby Godzilla The King » Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:49 pm

RedZillaKing wrote:Not sure what the issues were exactly, but a simple head swap wouldn't work. Besides, since Shinichi Wakasa (creator of the actual Godzilla 2000 suit) is the other main sculptor in this line, I'd like to see him render the film accurate figure.

All I see thats different is that the head looks even more like the KingGoji head...
"You think you can come here with your fancy words and your fake Australian accent and mess with me General Rango?! Oi mate, you got another thing comin'. I've danced with bigger crocodiles than your mother."-General Rango "The Unknown"My fan-comic

"There is only the Unknown."
User avatar
Godzilla The King
G-Grasper
 
Posts: 1080
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:02 am
Location: In the deepest,darkest corners of your mind

Re: S.H. MonsterArts 3.0

Postby LiquidG » Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:55 pm

Godzilla The King wrote:
RedZillaKing wrote:Not sure what the issues were exactly, but a simple head swap wouldn't work. Besides, since Shinichi Wakasa (creator of the actual Godzilla 2000 suit) is the other main sculptor in this line, I'd like to see him render the film accurate figure.

All I see thats different is that the head looks even more like the KingGoji head...

I find the spines to be slightly smaller on the Sakai version as well as the kick ass King goji head.

OT: so far as small as he is, I find Godzilla Jr or be one of my favorite SHMA so far, still waiting for Spacegodzilla and Biollante.
TK's Resident Jackass

Jomei wrote:The internet is such a great tool that's so full of useless tools.


Retep65 wrote:To LiquidG grow up isn't it a little late for you to be up!
User avatar
LiquidG
G-Force Lieutenant
 
Posts: 2679
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:47 pm
Location: The Third Planet From The Black Hole

Re: S.H. MonsterArts 3.0

Postby ShyGuyPal101 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:59 pm

GIGAN05 wrote:http://youtu.be/xTa56MbTvjw
G2K video.


Thanks for posting this!
Huh I really am kind of dissapointed in him honestly. He doesn't look as bulky as I thought he'd be (since like others are posting he's based off the concept version). I changed my mind in the end and will save up for a different MonsterArts figure. If they ever make an Orga that's not bad looking I'll invest in him instead. Besides, I need to be saving my money up for other stuff anyways.
User avatar
ShyGuyPal101
Samurai
 
Posts: 128
Joined: Wed Jul 17, 2013 7:47 pm

Re: S.H. MonsterArts 3.0

Postby Beef Bigshot » Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:13 pm

ShyGuyPal101 wrote:
GIGAN05 wrote:http://youtu.be/xTa56MbTvjw
G2K video.


Thanks for posting this!
Huh I really am kind of dissapointed in him honestly. He doesn't look as bulky as I thought he'd be (since like others are posting he's based off the concept version). I changed my mind in the end and will save up for a different MonsterArts figure. If they ever make an Orga that's not bad looking I'll invest in him instead. Besides, I need to be saving my money up for other stuff anyways.


ya, im a little disappointed as well. im still going to get him....so i never need to buy another godzilla again from SHMA but his spines sorta look odd
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFD9ZEX ... &index=137
Living Corpse wrote:I like vaginal eyes.

Beef Bigshot
Prophet of Bagan our lord and savior who almost was and is to come

Mirror Counter
 
Posts: 3613
Joined: Sat Jan 12, 2013 3:19 pm
Location: noitacoL

Re: S.H. MonsterArts 3.0

Postby Gojira Prime » Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:14 pm

I had someone ask me if the different beam effects from previous Monsterarts could be used for G2000. The answer is "yes", however the beams are aimed downward due to the restrictions of the head not being able to look higher up.

User avatar
Gojira Prime
Samurai
 
Posts: 120
Joined: Tue Mar 27, 2012 8:51 pm

Re: S.H. MonsterArts 3.0

Postby Jomei » Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:16 pm

naruto65 wrote:Bagan would sell like hot cakes. The fandom, the s.h.monsterarts main source of profit, is starved of ANY merchandise of the creature. The only thing I can think of keeping tamashii from making it is Toho.


I don't think either company will lower themselves to actually putting out a Bagan figure. There's not enough hot spring water in Japan to remove the stink of shame that would cling to the executives who signed off on this unmade beam-spamming fatty.
Killer with the beat, I know killers in the street
♪(´ε` )

 ふT
 わI
 ふM
 わE
(\˳˘ ɜ˘)˳ ♬♪♫
With the steel that'll make you feel like Chinchilla in the heat

Jomei
adMinyastrator

Geiger Counter
 
Posts: 7153
Joined: Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:44 pm
Location: 萌え町

Re: S.H. MonsterArts 3.0

Postby Godzilla The King » Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:23 pm

Jomei wrote:
naruto65 wrote:Bagan would sell like hot cakes. The fandom, the s.h.monsterarts main source of profit, is starved of ANY merchandise of the creature. The only thing I can think of keeping tamashii from making it is Toho.


I don't think either company will lower themselves to actually putting out a Bagan figure. There's not enough hot spring water in Japan to remove the stink of shame that would cling to the executives who signed off on this unmade beam-spamming fatty.

As opposed to the made beaming spamming fatties of the Heisei era?
OT. Really want to buy a figure from this line, any suggestions?
"You think you can come here with your fancy words and your fake Australian accent and mess with me General Rango?! Oi mate, you got another thing comin'. I've danced with bigger crocodiles than your mother."-General Rango "The Unknown"My fan-comic

"There is only the Unknown."
User avatar
Godzilla The King
G-Grasper
 
Posts: 1080
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:02 am
Location: In the deepest,darkest corners of your mind

Re: S.H. MonsterArts 3.0

Postby Monster Zero » Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:24 pm

Godzilla The King wrote:
Jomei wrote:
naruto65 wrote:Bagan would sell like hot cakes. The fandom, the s.h.monsterarts main source of profit, is starved of ANY merchandise of the creature. The only thing I can think of keeping tamashii from making it is Toho.


I don't think either company will lower themselves to actually putting out a Bagan figure. There's not enough hot spring water in Japan to remove the stink of shame that would cling to the executives who signed off on this unmade beam-spamming fatty.

As opposed to the made beaming spamming fatties of the Heisei era?
OT. Really want to buy a figure from this line, any suggestions?


Godzilla 1964 is pretty nice.
TK's Resident Pink Floyd and Smurf fan.
CRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!
Image

Monster Zero
G-Grasper

Geiger Counter
 
Posts: 1240
Joined: Fri Aug 16, 2013 10:57 am
Location: On the other side of the Wall.

Re: S.H. MonsterArts 3.0

Postby GIGAN05 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:25 pm

From all the G2K photos I have seen, it seems this figure is void of the Derpy eye syndrome from the past Godzilla's. That's neat.

Ether way, got to mess around with Kiryu properly. I really do like it, but not as much as other people. Infact I disagree with it's candidacy for figure of 2013.

GIGAN05
King Of The Monsterarts!

Geiger Counter
 
Posts: 1683
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:56 pm

Re: S.H. MonsterArts 3.0

Postby MegaEvilSaurus666 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:04 pm

I think this Godzilla 2000 figure is beautiful:

(sorry for the size of the image)
Is that about as high as his head can go?
That's good enough as he's looking up in the first place.
User avatar
MegaEvilSaurus666
Yin-Yang Master
 
Posts: 202
Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:02 pm
Location: 6 Feet underground, looking for things.

Re: S.H. MonsterArts 3.0

Postby Brooklyn's Revenge » Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:39 pm

Has anyone here ever bought a custom effect from Can of Beams? If so what did you think? I've seen some on eBay and my interest is peaked.

http://canofbeams.com/
User avatar
Brooklyn's Revenge
Samurai
 
Posts: 138
Joined: Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:57 pm
Location: Unfamiliar surroundings

Re: S.H. MonsterArts 3.0

Postby RedZillaKing » Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:48 pm

Godzilla The King wrote:As opposed to the made beaming spamming fatties of the Heisei era?

Those "made beam-spamming fatties" have a huge advantage on Bagan. They were actually in actual films, actually. Bagan would sell like shit cakes.
http://www.importingmonsters.blogspot.com
PiPP wrote:Final Wars 2. Now with 1000% less Bagan and 80% more shitty human drama.

RedZillaKing
Kwaidan

Geiger Counter
 
Posts: 6288
Joined: Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:26 am
Location: Mogeru Pokkiri, Bitches!

Re: S.H. MonsterArts 3.0

Postby kiryuzilla » Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:56 pm

Do you guys think the wolfman has a chance of getting released?
User avatar
kiryuzilla
Samurai
 
Posts: 172
Joined: Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:51 pm

Re: S.H. MonsterArts 3.0

Postby LiquidG » Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:58 pm


Hmmmmmm let's see...an unmade monster form a FAN FILM.....seems legit :D
TK's Resident Jackass

Jomei wrote:The internet is such a great tool that's so full of useless tools.


Retep65 wrote:To LiquidG grow up isn't it a little late for you to be up!
User avatar
LiquidG
G-Force Lieutenant
 
Posts: 2679
Joined: Tue Aug 06, 2013 10:47 pm
Location: The Third Planet From The Black Hole

Re: S.H. MonsterArts 3.0

Postby Godzilla The King » Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:59 pm

RedZillaKing wrote:
Godzilla The King wrote:As opposed to the made beaming spamming fatties of the Heisei era?

Those "made beam-spamming fatties" have a huge advantage on Bagan. They were actually in actual films, actually. Bagan would sell like shit cakes.

I was making a joke since all it seemed hypocritical to make that joke when almost all the monsters are Heisei, fatties with thunderthighs...
"You think you can come here with your fancy words and your fake Australian accent and mess with me General Rango?! Oi mate, you got another thing comin'. I've danced with bigger crocodiles than your mother."-General Rango "The Unknown"My fan-comic

"There is only the Unknown."
User avatar
Godzilla The King
G-Grasper
 
Posts: 1080
Joined: Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:02 am
Location: In the deepest,darkest corners of your mind

Re: S.H. MonsterArts 3.0

Postby Varan Bon Ziller » Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:26 pm




This is a joke right?
Varan Bon Ziller
Seatopian Demigod

Geiger Counter
 
Posts: 11829
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:23 am

Re: S.H. MonsterArts 3.0

Postby gigan72 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:28 pm


Totally. Even though its a fan-film, unreleased, few images are even seen, and barely anyone knows that it exists, i'm sure we'll get a release from S.H. Monsterarts.
Lain Of The Wired wrote:
Gawdziller wrote:Dude! If you're going to get dirty, take it to the Sex thread

Or Gawdziller's bedroom!

Gawdziller wrote:I like the way you think, Lain.
Now take those pants off so I can finally see what made me laugh today.

11/22/13
Image
TK's resident Gigan nut

gigan72
EDF Soldier

Geiger Counter

Mirror Counter
 
Posts: 3839
Team: Showa Gigan
Joined: Thu Jun 27, 2013 4:26 pm
Location: I have no idea....

Re: S.H. MonsterArts 3.0

Postby MegaEvilSaurus666 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:39 pm

kiryuzilla wrote:Do you guys think the wolfman has a chance of getting released?
Image Link: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Ak1rDFkG0jU/U ... poster.jpg

No.
He has a smaller chance than the Giant Condor.
I would like to see a Giant Condor, but sadly, it's just a giant bird, as it's name suggests. There's a real bird named the giant condor anyway.
User avatar
MegaEvilSaurus666
Yin-Yang Master
 
Posts: 202
Joined: Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:02 pm
Location: 6 Feet underground, looking for things.

Re: S.H. MonsterArts 3.0

Postby atomiccrusader » Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:17 pm

I really don't think Bagan would be made into a figure. As someone already said, he's an obscure monster only known by hardcore fans. If (through some unlikely twist of fate) Bagan did get a SHMA figure, I have a feeling that it would be a web exclusive, or a figure that can only be obtained at some special event (like Comic-Con).
And Then A Skeleton Popped Out!

atomiccrusader
Ronin

Geiger Counter
 
Posts: 36
Joined: Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:11 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Toho Toys and Models

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: JAGzilla, Jiragozira14, nani sore