S.H. MonsterArts 3.0

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.

Re: S.H. MonsterArts 3.0

Postby Plexton » Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:43 am

Gojira Prime wrote:I know it's early, but would collectors still want the movie suit version of G2000 for Monsterarts? Even though we got the maquette version, would a suit accurate version still be in demand?

While this version of G2K makes for a very nice figure, I personally still want to see the movie suit version; the two aren't that different overall, but they are different enough around the head to have two distinct looks. Mr. Sakai has done stellar sculpts of the film version in the past, so that's not unreasonable:

http://g-dream.cocolog-nifty.com/blog/2 ... -8fee.html

Still, I'm glad the concept version made it into this line, as I know that it has a lot of fans.

Plexton
Megavirus Monster

Geiger Counter

Team: Team Curry

Postby RedZillaKing » Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:35 pm

Not sure what the issues were exactly, but a simple head swap wouldn't work. Besides, since Shinichi Wakasa (creator of the actual Godzilla 2000 suit) is the other main sculptor in this line, I'd like to see him render the film accurate figure.
KaijuAlertSystem wrote:So essentially what we learned from the interview is that Tamashii doesn't really give a shit about what their Western fans want to see unless it matches a similar scale of Japanese demand. It doesn't matter that its the US collectors who essentially keep the toyline alive and profitable, because "we make glorious Japan toy for Japanese who don't care" is the modus operandi of Tamashii. I wish I could say I was surprised.

RedZillaKing
Keizer

Geiger Counter

Postby Godzilla The King » Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:49 pm

RedZillaKing wrote:Not sure what the issues were exactly, but a simple head swap wouldn't work. Besides, since Shinichi Wakasa (creator of the actual Godzilla 2000 suit) is the other main sculptor in this line, I'd like to see him render the film accurate figure.

All I see thats different is that the head looks even more like the KingGoji head...
TK's Switzerland!

Bow before King Hydra.
HAIL GHIDRAH!
Up-and-coming parody songwriter and writer.
CaptainStarbird wrote:
gigan72 wrote:MMMMM, HEISEI
-fatass bodies
-big thighs
-some undersized arms
-beam spam
-a mans ass
-messed up timeline
MAKES ME HORNY

UNLIKE THOSE ANOREXIC SHOWA MODELS!

CaptainStarbird wrote:"Look under your chair for a gift, it's a bitchslap!"

I wrote:The fanfictions write themselves...
Godzilla The King
Parfait Master

Team: The S.S. Oxygen Destroyer
Favourite Kaiju: Godzilla 1974/1975

Postby LiquidG » Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:55 pm

Godzilla The King wrote:
RedZillaKing wrote:Not sure what the issues were exactly, but a simple head swap wouldn't work. Besides, since Shinichi Wakasa (creator of the actual Godzilla 2000 suit) is the other main sculptor in this line, I'd like to see him render the film accurate figure.

All I see thats different is that the head looks even more like the KingGoji head...

I find the spines to be slightly smaller on the Sakai version as well as the kick ass King goji head.

OT: so far as small as he is, I find Godzilla Jr or be one of my favorite SHMA so far, still waiting for Spacegodzilla and Biollante.
TK's Resident Jackass

You are not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your skreeonking khakis. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world.

LiquidG
Tsundere Maximus

Team: The Cult Of Kefka
Favourite Kaiju: Mechagodzilla ( Showa )

Postby ShyGuyPal101 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:59 pm

GIGAN05 wrote:http://youtu.be/xTa56MbTvjw
G2K video.

Thanks for posting this!
Huh I really am kind of dissapointed in him honestly. He doesn't look as bulky as I thought he'd be (since like others are posting he's based off the concept version). I changed my mind in the end and will save up for a different MonsterArts figure. If they ever make an Orga that's not bad looking I'll invest in him instead. Besides, I need to be saving my money up for other stuff anyways.
ShyGuyPal101
Samurai

Postby Beef Bigshot » Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:13 pm

ShyGuyPal101 wrote:
GIGAN05 wrote:http://youtu.be/xTa56MbTvjw
G2K video.

Thanks for posting this!
Huh I really am kind of dissapointed in him honestly. He doesn't look as bulky as I thought he'd be (since like others are posting he's based off the concept version). I changed my mind in the end and will save up for a different MonsterArts figure. If they ever make an Orga that's not bad looking I'll invest in him instead. Besides, I need to be saving my money up for other stuff anyways.

ya, im a little disappointed as well. im still going to get him....so i never need to buy another godzilla again from SHMA but his spines sorta look odd
THIS THREAD JUST GOT BEEFED
RedZillaKing wrote:What the f***?? Three this is even worse than the hopelessly one sided Gwangi versus MX thread. What is Gwangi, a lamb to be sacrificed for everyone's sick amusement?

Beef Bigshot
Monster Of Monsters!

Mirror Counter

Favourite Kaiju: King Ghidorah

Postby Gojira Prime » Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:14 pm

I had someone ask me if the different beam effects from previous Monsterarts could be used for G2000. The answer is "yes", however the beams are aimed downward due to the restrictions of the head not being able to look higher up.

Gojira Prime
Samurai

Team: G-Force
Favourite Kaiju: Sad Titanosaurus

Postby Jomei » Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:16 pm

naruto65 wrote:Bagan would sell like hot cakes. The fandom, the s.h.monsterarts main source of profit, is starved of ANY merchandise of the creature. The only thing I can think of keeping tamashii from making it is Toho.

I don't think either company will lower themselves to actually putting out a Bagan figure. There's not enough hot spring water in Japan to remove the stink of shame that would cling to the executives who signed off on this unmade beam-spamming fatty.
Killer with the beat, I know killers in the street
♪(´ε` )

ふT
 わI
 ふM
 わE
(\˳˘ ɜ˘)˳ ♬♪♫
With the steel that'll make you feel like Chinchilla in the heat

ふわふわTIME ♫꒰・‿・๑꒱ ふわふわTIME ꒰˘̩̩̩⌣˘̩̩̩๑꒱♡ ふわふわTIME ٩꒰ ´ᆺ`꒱۶ ふわふわTIME ٩꒰๑ ´∇`๑꒱۶ ふわふわTIME ٩꒰ ˘ ³˘꒱۶~♡ ふわふわTIME ♪( ´θ`)ノ ふわふわTIME ♪~(´ε` )

Jomei
adMinyastrator

Geiger Counter

Team: SOS団
Favourite Kaiju: ___George W. Bush___

Postby Godzilla The King » Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:23 pm

Jomei wrote:
naruto65 wrote:Bagan would sell like hot cakes. The fandom, the s.h.monsterarts main source of profit, is starved of ANY merchandise of the creature. The only thing I can think of keeping tamashii from making it is Toho.

I don't think either company will lower themselves to actually putting out a Bagan figure. There's not enough hot spring water in Japan to remove the stink of shame that would cling to the executives who signed off on this unmade beam-spamming fatty.

As opposed to the made beaming spamming fatties of the Heisei era?
OT. Really want to buy a figure from this line, any suggestions?
TK's Switzerland!

Bow before King Hydra.
HAIL GHIDRAH!
CaptainStarbird wrote:
-fatass bodies
-big thighs
-some undersized arms
-beam spam
-a mans ass
-messed up timeline
MAKES ME HORNY

Godzilla The King
Parfait Master

Postby Monster Zero » Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:24 pm

Godzilla The King wrote:
Jomei wrote:

As opposed to the made beaming spamming fatties of the Heisei era?
OT. Really want to buy a figure from this line, any suggestions?

Godzilla 1964 is pretty nice.
TK's resident Pink Floyd, Smurf, Dan vs., Chucky, Spaceballs, Creepshow, and Rave Master fan. Also, the laziest describer.
:g64: :mechagodzilla: :gigan: SHOWA!
Best dub ever:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X25wFqYY1LM
ROOMIES!!!

Monster Zero
The Destroyer of Universes

Geiger Counter

Team: Team Elie
Favourite Kaiju: Hedorah

Postby GIGAN05 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 1:25 pm

From all the G2K photos I have seen, it seems this figure is void of the Derpy eye syndrome from the past Godzilla's. That's neat.

Ether way, got to mess around with Kiryu properly. I really do like it, but not as much as other people. Infact I disagree with it's candidacy for figure of 2013.
TK's Resident Judge.

GIGAN05
Goji-Manga Hunter

Geiger Counter

Postby MegaEvilSaurus666 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:04 pm

I think this Godzilla 2000 figure is beautiful:

(sorry for the size of the image)
Is that about as high as his head can go?
That's good enough as he's looking up in the first place.
MegaEvilSaurus666
Yin-Yang Master

Favourite Kaiju: Godzilla (2002)

Postby Brooklyn's Revenge » Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:39 pm

Has anyone here ever bought a custom effect from Can of Beams? If so what did you think? I've seen some on eBay and my interest is peaked.

http://canofbeams.com/

Brooklyn's Revenge
Samurai

Geiger Counter

Postby RedZillaKing » Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:48 pm

Godzilla The King wrote:As opposed to the made beaming spamming fatties of the Heisei era?

Those "made beam-spamming fatties" have a huge advantage on Bagan. They were actually in actual films, actually. Bagan would sell like shit cakes.
KaijuAlertSystem wrote:So essentially what we learned from the interview is that Tamashii doesn't really give a shit about what their Western fans want to see unless it matches a similar scale of Japanese demand. It doesn't matter that its the US collectors who essentially keep the toyline alive and profitable, because "we make glorious Japan toy for Japanese who don't care" is the modus operandi of Tamashii. I wish I could say I was surprised.

RedZillaKing
Keizer

Geiger Counter

Postby kiryuzilla » Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:56 pm

Do you guys think the wolfman has a chance of getting released?
kiryuzilla
Yin-Yang Master

Postby LiquidG » Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:58 pm

Hmmmmmm let's see...an unmade monster form a FAN FILM.....seems legit :D
TK's Resident Jackass

You are not your job. You're not how much money you have in the bank. You're not the car you drive. You're not the contents of your wallet. You're not your skreeonking khakis. You're the all-singing, all-dancing crap of the world.

LiquidG
Tsundere Maximus

Team: The Cult Of Kefka
Favourite Kaiju: Mechagodzilla ( Showa )

Postby Godzilla The King » Wed Jan 01, 2014 3:59 pm

RedZillaKing wrote:
Godzilla The King wrote:As opposed to the made beaming spamming fatties of the Heisei era?

Those "made beam-spamming fatties" have a huge advantage on Bagan. They were actually in actual films, actually. Bagan would sell like shit cakes.

I was making a joke since all it seemed hypocritical to make that joke when almost all the monsters are Heisei, fatties with thunderthighs...
TK's Switzerland!

Bow before King Hydra.
HAIL GHIDRAH!
CaptainStarbird wrote:
-fatass bodies
-big thighs
-some undersized arms
-beam spam
-a mans ass
-messed up timeline
MAKES ME HORNY

Godzilla The King
Parfait Master

Postby Varan Bon Ziller » Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:26 pm

This is a joke right?
Varan Bon Ziller
Seatopian Demigod

Geiger Counter

Postby gigan72 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:28 pm

Totally. Even though its a fan-film, unreleased, few images are even seen, and barely anyone knows that it exists, i'm sure we'll get a release from S.H. Monsterarts.
Gojira tai Mosura wrote:Gigan72 gets on my nerves because he likes Gigan.
That's a terrible thing. Burn him alive.

kaiju_wars wrote:Oh calm your Sex-E Coco dildo slapping sugar tits.

Fan of Star Wars, G.I. Joe, MST3K, Attack on Titan, Jaws, Tremors, Friday the 13th, Transformers and Beavis and Butt-Head
TK's resident Gigan nut :gigan:
Tumblr
Ask Gigan!
Flickr
11-22-13

gigan72
クロウT.ロボット

Geiger Counter

Mirror Counter

Team: Jurassic Park
Favourite Kaiju: Gigan

Postby MegaEvilSaurus666 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:39 pm

kiryuzilla wrote:Do you guys think the wolfman has a chance of getting released?
Image Link: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Ak1rDFkG0jU/U ... poster.jpg

No.
He has a smaller chance than the Giant Condor.
I would like to see a Giant Condor, but sadly, it's just a giant bird, as it's name suggests. There's a real bird named the giant condor anyway.
MegaEvilSaurus666
Yin-Yang Master

Favourite Kaiju: Godzilla (2002)

Postby atomiccrusader » Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:17 pm

I really don't think Bagan would be made into a figure. As someone already said, he's an obscure monster only known by hardcore fans. If (through some unlikely twist of fate) Bagan did get a SHMA figure, I have a feeling that it would be a web exclusive, or a figure that can only be obtained at some special event (like Comic-Con).
And Then A Skeleton Popped Out!

atomiccrusader
Yojimbo

Geiger Counter

PreviousNext

Return to Toho Toys and Models