S.H. MonsterArts 3.0

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.

Re: S.H. MonsterArts 3.0

Postby Legion1979 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:16 pm

Tamashii can inquire all they want, but I personally think Toho will look at them and laugh when asked about Bagan and Super Godzilla.
Legion1979
Keizer

Postby Kaepora Gaebora » Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:19 pm

Only voted for a handful:
    Varan
    Baragon (Millennium)
    Anguirus (Millennium)
    Rodan (Millennium)
    Godzilla 1989

Pipe dream SHMA figures would be:
    Rainbow Mothra
    Gamera 1999
Kaepora Gaebora
Ronin

Postby gatorzilla » Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:21 pm

naruto65 wrote:Just got back from Bluefin today.

Some great things to come.

*Regarding the poll, they are in fact following it and will be evaluating it through out the year.
-In addition, I'd like to note that duplicate votes will not be counted, per the polls restrictions. If by some way, duplicate votes have made a way through the polls proxy, they will be deleted. At this given moment, all votes are 100% legit. :-)
-Just because a character has a high rank, doesn't mean it will be made. The poll is not meant to find a winner, just what's relevant now.

*Tamashii Nations is aware of the requests for Bagan, and now, Super Godzilla. They are officially inquiring about the characters. :-)

*Bluefin is also following the S.H.MonsterArts figure of 2013 poll found here: http://michalshipman.com/monsterarts/past-releases.html This poll will assist them in knowing which figures were a hit or miss.

Pretty cool stuff! I wouldn't mind a Super Godzilla at all. Only time will tell!
IN GARETH EDWARDS WE TRUST!

gatorzilla
G-Force Lieutenant

Geiger Counter

Postby MandaSaurus » Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:27 pm

Legion1979 wrote:Tamashii can inquire all they want, but I personally think Toho will look at them and laugh when asked about Bagan and Super Godzilla.

They'll laugh HARDER about SuperGodzilla - they WON'T authorize it. I'll bet on THAT.

Bagan is another story - a design that just didn't get made, but almost... Toho will at least think about it, after Tamashii asks, & who knows?

If G54 doesn't come out this year, I'll be VERY surprised.
MandaSaurus
Kwaidan

Postby Jomei » Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:34 pm

Yeah, I can see it now. 2014, the 60th anniversary. Time to release the three most iconic Godzilla characters...

1. Bagan
2. Super Godzilla
3. Godzilla '54

Uh-huh...

Anyway, a Godzilla '62 executed as well as the Yuji Sakai '99 design would be fantastic this year.
Killer with the beat, I know killers in the street
♪(´ε` )

ふT
 わI
 ふM
 わE
(\˳˘ ɜ˘)˳ ♬♪♫
With the steel that'll make you feel like Chinchilla in the heat

ふわふわTIME ♫꒰・‿・๑꒱ ふわふわTIME ꒰˘̩̩̩⌣˘̩̩̩๑꒱♡ ふわふわTIME ٩꒰ ´ᆺ`꒱۶ ふわふわTIME ٩꒰๑ ´∇`๑꒱۶ ふわふわTIME ٩꒰ ˘ ³˘꒱۶~♡ ふわふわTIME ♪( ´θ`)ノ ふわふわTIME ♪~(´ε` )

Jomei
adMinyastrator

Geiger Counter

Team: SOS団
Favourite Kaiju: ___George W. Bush___

Postby Naruto65 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:56 pm

I doubt they would make cut by the end of 2014, but at least they're finally being considered.

I myself am meh on Super Godzilla. Frankly, I'm tired of getting Godzilla incarnations/types. It's 9 to 9! Bring on other monsters! With Godzilla 2014 on the way that'll make it 10 to 9!

Naruto65
G-Grasper

Geiger Counter

Postby Gothicserpent » Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:59 pm

Godzilla14 wrote:Because super Godzilla is a more "better" Godzilla.

G54 is nothing special.

Yeah. One is a lazy design from an obscure video game and the other is an iconic design that changed the Japanese filmworld forever.
"HAY ANGUIRUS"
"WHADDA WANT?"
"SUMPTIN FUNNEH GOIN ON, YOU BETTAH CHECK!"
"OKAY"

GTU wrote:There are so many concept versions of Bagan they could give him his own toyline. That's why I'm banking on a Monsterarts sub-line called SH Baganarts.
Gothicserpent
Interpol Agent

Postby Godzilla 2000 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:00 pm

People will vote for the dumbest shit.

"MonsterArts Showa Gigan? Showa Anguirus? Megalon? Titanosaurus? Pfffft, who wants those guys!? What we need is a Bagan figure. That is clearly the character most deserving of a figure."

Godzilla 2000
The Establisher

Geiger Counter

Postby Cosbydaf » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:02 pm

Godzilla 2000 wrote:"MonsterArts Showa Gigan? Showa Anguirus? Megalon? Titanosaurus? Pfffft, who wants those guys!? What we need is a Bagan figure. That is clearly the character most deserving of a figure."

All 4 of those are currently higher on the poll than Bagan is.

Cosbydaf
Yin-Yang Master

Geiger Counter

Postby Godzilla 2000 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:16 pm

Cosbydaf wrote:
Godzilla 2000 wrote:"MonsterArts Showa Gigan? Showa Anguirus? Megalon? Titanosaurus? Pfffft, who wants those guys!? What we need is a Bagan figure. That is clearly the character most deserving of a figure."

All 4 of those are currently higher on the poll than Bagan is.

Bagan shouldnt even be on the poll in the first place, and it honestly shouldnt even be getting any votes anyway. It's currently at #16, putting it above such notable choices as G84, G80, Hedorah, Rodan, MechaG75, Ebirah, Manda, Kumonga, and Minya.

Disgusting.

Godzilla 2000
The Establisher

Geiger Counter

Postby Naruto65 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:23 pm

I really hope Toho allows Tamashii Nations to create Bagan. It would be so sweet for so many reasons. Could you imagine what a Sakai sculpt of it would look like? :-D

Naruto65
G-Grasper

Geiger Counter

Postby Cosbydaf » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:27 pm

naruto65 wrote:I really hope Toho allows Tamashii Nations to create Bagan. It would be so sweet for so many reasons. Could you imagine what a Sakai sculpt of it would look like? :-D

It would be pretty cool, and a first. If it happened, I think they'd probably go with the grey suit version, but I'd really like a brown one.

Cosbydaf
Yin-Yang Master

Geiger Counter

Postby Godzillian » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:28 pm

There are much better choices of kaiju that you know were actually in movies that can be made into figures. After bagan whats next? Gigamoth? Ghost Godzilla?

Godzillian
G-Force Lieutenant

Geiger Counter

Postby Gothicserpent » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:29 pm

Godzillian wrote:There are much better choices of kaiju that you know were actually in movies that can be made into figures. After bagan whats next? Gigamoth? Ghost Godzilla?

Redmoon.
"HAY ANGUIRUS"
"WHADDA WANT?"
"SUMPTIN FUNNEH GOIN ON, YOU BETTAH CHECK!"
"OKAY"

GTU wrote:There are so many concept versions of Bagan they could give him his own toyline. That's why I'm banking on a Monsterarts sub-line called SH Baganarts.
Gothicserpent
Interpol Agent

Postby Godzilla 2000 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:31 pm

Godzillian wrote:There are much better choices of kaiju that you know were actually in movies that can be made into figures. After bagan whats next? Gigamoth? Ghost Godzilla?

Who else but the most deserving one of all? Deutalios.

I mean, guys, he made numerous appearances in TK toons. I think that speaks for itself on just important this character is. All those other "actual" characters can wait.

Godzilla 2000
The Establisher

Geiger Counter

Postby Chris55 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:33 pm

Godzilla14 wrote:
G54 is nothing special.

Fan card. Turn it in.
http://www.Transcendence-Movie.com

Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.
Chris55
Site Staff

Geiger Counter

Postby Naruto65 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:36 pm

Do those characters even have a mass fan following?

Naruto65
G-Grasper

Geiger Counter

Postby Starsteam » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:36 pm

As long as Super Godzilla has his beam, I'd buy him.

monstersandmaniacs.tumblr.com dinosaurmovies.tumblr.com
ImageImage

Starsteam
That's MR. Asshole to you!

Geiger Counter

Team: Tricephalon
Favourite Kaiju: Gigan

Postby Plexton » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:41 pm

Godzilla 54 is currently well in the lead, and I can definitely say I'd be interested in purchasing that figure. In addition to being the very first Godzilla design, it has a very "Charles R Knight" look, giving it a charming retro dinosaur feel. It would also be another Showa character, which this line needs more of.

It's a bit funny that we all have such fond memories of Super Godzilla for the SNES, given that the game itself could at times be very frustrating. Even so, Super Godzilla is currently #2, and while I imagine that many would prefer to see other Godzilla designs first, there is no denying that Super Godzilla is rather distinct. I'd be interested in this character as well.

In third place is Titanosaurus, a figure I would wholeheartedly approve of and one I'd certainly purchase. Titanosaurus has been requested for quite some time now, and since Biollante was made after fan feedback I wouldn't be surprised if Titanosaurus follows suit.

As for Bagan (who certainly gets talked about a lot in this thread), there are at least three distinct versions of the character that can claim the title of 'official design'; the suit version, the final concept version, and the Super Godzilla video game version. For a quick look at each, you can check out the awesome sculpts by the very talented AWMGodzilla62:

http://skullbrain.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=43000

If the design is considered, I'm honestly not sure which version Tamashii would go with. The video game version probably has the strongest claim, but I think my favourite is the suit version.

But Bagan still is a pretty long shot, all things considered. If Super Godzilla is made, he should totally need to have his beam though; a massive clear plastic explosion with Godzilla's face at the end = awesome.

Plexton
Megavirus Monster

Geiger Counter

Team: Team Curry

Postby Legion1979 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:42 pm

Is there a chance that discussion can swing back to discussing new releases, upcoming releases and shit that actually has a chance of getting made? I don't care what anyone says. A form of Godzilla from the very end of one video game that was made over 20 years ago is NOT going to made into a figure, no matter how many people vote for it. For every one person who votes for something like that, I guarantee there are going to be at least 5-6 people who are going to go, "What the f@ck is this shit??"

As it stands you could probably delete the last 8 pages or so and it wouldn't make a difference.
Legion1979
Keizer

Postby Godzilla 2000 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:42 pm

naruto65 wrote:

Do those characters even have a mass fan following?

Does Bagan?

I'm pretty sure it's like 20 people.

20 very loud, obnoxious, noisy people.

Godzilla 2000
The Establisher

Geiger Counter

PreviousNext

Return to Toho Toys and Models