S.H. MonsterArts 3.0

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.

Re: S.H. MonsterArts 3.0

Postby Lain Of The Wired » Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:17 pm

KaijuAlertSystem wrote:
Lain Of The Wired wrote:The only character that I'd ever throw a shit fit over if it was made would be a Dorat, but that's only because those little f*ckers scare the piss out of me...

This summer...SHMA Dorat triple pack!
http://i.imgur.com/VYvbEqr.jpg

You don't know how much I wish you didn't post that....

Yeah, I will ignore this thread like it's the Plague if a Dorat gets released, I'm not even kidding.
RedZillaKing wrote:Welcome to Toho Kingdom new members. My name is Alien Hulk... BUT YOU MAY CALL ME GOD.

Lain Of The Wired
Computer Virus

Geiger Counter

Favourite Kaiju: Godzilla (2014)

Postby Unit~NoA » Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:17 pm

Thats good, I can't sleep tonight now. Are you happy?!

Unit~NoA
Interpol Agent

Geiger Counter

Team: Kinnikuman
Favourite Kaiju: Jet Jaguar, GhidoGoji, KG

Postby Castellan Zilla » Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:19 pm

Oh Showa Ghidorah, your origins were simpler, but less frightening.

Castellan Zilla
Radioactive

Geiger Counter

Favourite Kaiju: Soccadillo

Postby KaijuAlertSystem » Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:24 pm

Death comes swiftly on tiny wings.

On another, only slightly less terrifying note. It's a shame that they haven't been making better use of their already tooled molds for all the various little maser tanks, jets and so forth. I'm of the opinion that two or three of the little things should be included with every figure by default so that people can army build the things just by normal purchases. It'd help out with the diminishing accessories thing, give a lot of people the little vehicles they want, and would help them to justify the tooling costs for a bunch of molds they just have gathering dust right now.

KaijuAlertSystem
Futurian

Geiger Counter

Postby Just Plain Dan » Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:46 pm

^ Love that :lol:

Truthfully, as someone who loves when things are done to get a rise out of people, it would be kinda funny to see a Bagan figure. That, and I like the design of him as well (though I don't know if I'd call myself a fan). Realistically, either Mecha King Ghidorah, Zilla, or the '54 Godzilla would get my vote.
Living Corpse: This is V of victory. Plain Dan has won the thread.

2004Zilla: Plain Dan is at it again. :lol:

GodzillavsZilla: The fact that Just Plain Dan's signature looks like quotes by critics about a movie on the back of a dvd... except we're not critics.... we're much worse :lol:.

2004Zilla: Whenever Plain Dan does something prepare to laugh your ass off.

kaiju_wars wrote:
GodzillavsZilla wrote:... Just Plain Dan is Just Plain Nasty... Dan.

Just plain Dan. He's a just plain guy, on TK.

Just Plain Dan
Interpol Agent

Geiger Counter

Favourite Kaiju: Godzilla 2004

Postby Naruto65 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:07 pm

So I found a different poll system that allows for multiple votes. You will be able to vote up to 10 monsters. The downside is that the current polls votes will be deleted and everyone will have to vote all over again.

Additionally this poll has less restrictions so rules will have to be made. Essentially if anyone votes more than 10 monsters, your answers are deleted and don't count. If it progresses and anyone continues to spam, they'll be blocked from the poll. IF it gets to crazy to be handled the poll will revert to the old system and everyone will only be able to vote 1 monster, per facebook account.

Details on the poll's purpose:

There isn't any one monster that will "win" as the poll is designed to gauge what monsters are relevant now for Tamashii Nations consideration for future releases. This poll doesn't confirm that these monsters will be released. But you never know, the monster you vote for could already be in the works! Happy Voting!

Naruto65
Futurian

Geiger Counter

Postby The Higgs Boson » Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:07 pm

Everyone should just let Bagans be Bagans, and stop arguing over Bagan.

The Higgs Boson
Samurai

Geiger Counter

Favourite Kaiju: Spacegodzilla

Postby miguelnuva » Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:12 pm

Lain Of The Wired wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:If Bagan did get a SHMA I would love to see a Redmon and Erabus in a couple of years

Now THAT most likely will never happen.
Bagan was actually featured in a video game, so he's the only unmade monster that has a chance.

My bad I met Daigoro's mom and Goliath who can be used as Redmoon and Erabus.
The one thing I want to see in life,TOHO buy Gamera.

Shadow Area 1-0

miguelnuva
Kwaidan

Geiger Counter

Postby Plexton » Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:19 pm

What's this about Bagan?

Well, okay...the conceptual version of Godzilla 2000 did open the door for conceptual/unused monster designs in this line, and joking aside, there genuinely are fans of Bagan (I'm actually one of them). We know that fan voting is also something that Tamashii/Bluefin pays attention to, so much like with Biollante if enough people want to see the figure made, it has a shot.

That being said, there are still many, many Godzilla characters to be made; not simply obscure ones like Gorosaurus or Varan, but many popular ones such as Mechagodzilla 74 and Hedorah. One neat thing about this line is that it isn't guaranteed that only the super popular characters will be made (we're only now seeing Heisei Mothra), but I do think that the larger fanbase would prefer to see classic characters first.

In other words, it all comes down to fan feedback; if you want something made, let your voice be heard.

Plexton
Megavirus Monster

Geiger Counter

Team: Team Curry

Postby Mr. X » Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:24 pm

"Mwahahahaha! Another thread is mine!"

ArchdukeSquidlyIII wrote:What's the point of this poll anyways? Is it just for fun, or is Tamashii actually taking the winner into consideration?

Eh, sorta. There's more to it than just for fun.

I think that another poll a while back might have helped push for Biollante, but my memory is really foggy, and I could be wrong.

KaijuAlertSystem wrote:At this point I'm hoping he gets made just to see everyone's reactions.

I would love that so skreeonking much.

I imagine this thread would have to be locked as soon as it was announced, because oh boy...

UltramanGoji wrote:http://i1297.photobucket.com/albums/ag30/UltramanGoji/Misc%20Photos/dorat_zps94def48e.png

Godammit. :lol:

GreenAiden555 wrote:So Biollante is $162 on Amazon now?! That's awesome.

You gotta be skreeonking kidding me.

skreeonk. I can't afford her now. Just my luck.
R.I.P. Craig Windrix, 1978 - 2014

Mr. X
TK's President Resident

Geiger Counter

Team: Science Patrol
Favourite Kaiju: Dancan

Postby KaijuAlertSystem » Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:26 pm

If it makes you feel any better, that Bagan picture had me laughing way harder than it should have.

KaijuAlertSystem
Futurian

Geiger Counter

Postby Naruto65 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:26 pm

Unfortunately the new poll costs money to see the results. Sorry guys, reverting back to the old one. :-/

Naruto65
Futurian

Geiger Counter

Postby Chris55 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:29 pm

Legion1979 wrote:
Lain Of The Wired wrote:
Well guys, looks like we may be actually getting a Bagan figure.

It doesn't look like anything. Bagan has never appeared in a movie and Toho doesn't give a shit about him. So people are voting for him. Doesn't mean Toho will allow it to happen.

This Bagan shit really needs to stop.

If people want to vote for him, that's fine. I think it'd be pretty cool to have a Bagan figure myself. He's made at least one official media appearance which is more than the alternate SHMA G2K design. If it did happen, it won't be for a while anyway. If enough vote and Tamashii sees a demand they can make $ off of, they'll ask Toho. If Toho says no, oh well.
http://www.Transcendence-Movie.com

Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.
Chris55
Site Staff

Geiger Counter

Postby Gahdzilluh » Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:39 pm

naruto65 wrote:Unfortunately the new poll costs money to see the results. Sorry guys, reverting back to the old one. :-/

how do we see the results?
i voted for
titano
godzilla 84
godzilla 89
godzilla 54
godzilla 2k film version
zilla
orga
showa gigan
showa anguris

what can i say? i like my Godzilla incarnations

EDIT: nvm you edited your post as i was typing this. well thats what i would have voted for
Gahdzilluh
Samurai

Postby Naruto65 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:41 pm

Unfortunately the results won't display because you have to pay for them. The original poll was reinstated and retains its original votes.

If someone happens to find a free polling service (doesn't have to be a facebook app) that allows multiple answers with a limit, let me know.

Naruto65
Futurian

Geiger Counter

Postby Godzilla 2000 » Sun Jan 19, 2014 9:53 pm

Lain Of The Wired wrote:You guys give the impression that it's pretty much all you do.
And I'm hearing more people bitch about Bagan than people asking for one

That's actually impossible, because for us to bitch about people asking for Bagan, people need to first ask for Bagan (which is an irredeemable sin in and of itself). When there's smoke, there's fire.

Godzilla 2000
The Establisher

Geiger Counter

Postby KaijuAlertSystem » Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:12 pm

Asking for a toy of a made up monster really is one of the greatest mortal sins. It's somewhere in Exodus I'm sure.

Edit:
*WOOOOP*

Right now Biollante is only $162.08 on Amazon.com, down around $68 from her initial $230 price point. I looked into some things and it turns out you can get refunded. If you call Amazon customer service at 1(888) 280-3321 and give them your basic info and order#, you can then ask them about the 30 day price guarantee. Make sure you have all your account info, the order number and everything. They will then look into the price difference (I was on hold for 3 or 4 minutes), and then you should be able to have your card credited for the $67.91 amount. So if you ordered Biollante from Amazon recently, jump on this now before the price changes back!

Hoping everyone here who ordered Biollante from Amazon will see this.

KaijuAlertSystem
Futurian

Geiger Counter

Postby Varan Bon Ziller » Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:14 pm

It's also one of those really hot button issues these days Y'know.
Varan Bon Ziller
Seatopian Demigod

Geiger Counter

Postby Mr. X » Sun Jan 19, 2014 10:24 pm

Holy shit, there it is.

R.I.P. Craig Windrix, 1978 - 2014

Mr. X
TK's President Resident

Geiger Counter

Team: Science Patrol
Favourite Kaiju: Dancan