The Merchandise Thread

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

viewtopic.php?f=9&t=26327&p=1472505
UltramanGoji
Seatopian Daikaiju

Re: The Merchandise Thread

Postby UltramanGoji » Sun Feb 17, 2019 11:25 am

daveblackeye15 wrote:Well I see four.

There's only two figures. Two copies of each on display, one loose and one in box.

GFAN198423
E.S.P.Spy

Postby GFAN198423 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 12:17 pm

JAKKS Pacific Lineup courtesy of @collectjurassic on Instagram.

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Keizer

Postby Tyrant_Lizard_King » Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:11 pm

I thought they changed the spines on the giant Godzilla?
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

_JNavs_
E.S.P.Spy

Postby _JNavs_ » Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:14 pm

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:I thought they changed the spines on the giant Godzilla?

Only on the 12 inch, not the 24 inch
Sith Apprentice.

LegendZilla
Kwaidan

Postby LegendZilla » Sun Feb 17, 2019 5:53 pm

Imagine a figure of Godzilla with the same scale as that big figure with the articulation of the Figuarts.
Formerly Kaijucole in 2006.

GFAN198423
E.S.P.Spy

Postby GFAN198423 » Sun Feb 17, 2019 6:19 pm

It's curious, why make a 6" scale Rodan and Ghidorah, but no Godzilla or Mothra?

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Postby Maverick Centigrade » Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:23 pm

Totally hate how there will NOT be 12 inch versions of the other monsters. Who the skreeonk makes decisions like that?!
Last edited by Maverick Centigrade on Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
So then Worf suddenly has a purple space bazooka...

BARAGONBREH
G-Grasper

Postby BARAGONBREH » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:23 am

Ghidorah looks bad. The color is totally monotone and his heads are weirdly boxy looking.

Why are Mothra's wings white, red and black here? That is not the color scheme from the film lol.

Overall, poor work.
Shadowfyre wrote:Everything you say sucks all the time.

gottatalktothefake wrote:I’m kinda disappointed, I just expected to LOVE it. I just thought it was an alright 6/10.

MechaGoji Bro7503
E.S.P.Spy

Postby MechaGoji Bro7503 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:25 pm

They're kids toys, kids aren't gonna pick them up and be like: "I say Rupert, these figures are not up to par with what's seen on screen" and not buy them lol.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

Dv-218 wrote:This is so sad, Alexa play "Bio-Wars".

Dr. Professor wrote:If I had a dollar for every "SAVE MOTHRA" joke, I'd be able to buy Legendary Pictures, renew the license for Godzilla, acquire the rights to the rest of the Toho monsters, and make a Godzilla film that totally bombs without even putting a dent in my bank account.

"Wake the fruck up Godzilla, we got a city to burn." - Goro Maki, 2016.

Maritonic

Postby Maritonic » Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:26 pm

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:They're kids toys, kids aren't gonna pick them up and be like: "I say Rupert, these figures are not up to par with what's seen on screen" and not buy them lol.

It's poor work, Mecha, and they should be ashamed of themselves for selling these to kids who are going to have so much fun with them!
Resized Image

Everything Will Proceed Cyclically

goji89 wrote:So.......are we gonna Kinkshame the skreeonking birds or what?

_JNavs_
E.S.P.Spy

Postby _JNavs_ » Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:27 pm

MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:They're kids toys, kids aren't gonna pick them up and be like: "I say Rupert, these figures are not up to par with what's seen on screen" and not buy them lol.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Sith Apprentice.

MechaGoji Bro7503
E.S.P.Spy

Postby MechaGoji Bro7503 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:28 pm

Maritonic wrote:

It's poor work, Mecha, and they should be ashamed of themselves for selling these to kids who are going to have so much fun with them!

No, just no. Kids should not be able to have fun. That's hogwash.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

Dv-218 wrote:This is so sad, Alexa play "Bio-Wars".

Dr. Professor wrote:If I had a dollar for every "SAVE MOTHRA" joke, I'd be able to buy Legendary Pictures, renew the license for Godzilla, acquire the rights to the rest of the Toho monsters, and make a Godzilla film that totally bombs without even putting a dent in my bank account.

"Wake the fruck up Godzilla, we got a city to burn." - Goro Maki, 2016.

_JNavs_
E.S.P.Spy

Postby _JNavs_ » Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:29 pm

Maritonic wrote:

:lol: :lol: ,Imagine catching an attitude over a kids toy because the colors you saw from a 2 minute trailer doesn't match with what's shown from a toyline for minors
Last edited by _JNavs_ on Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sith Apprentice.

Maritonic

Postby Maritonic » Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:30 pm

_JNavs_ wrote:
Maritonic wrote:

:lol: :lol: ,Imagine catching an attitude over a kids toy because the colors you saw from a 2 minute trailer doesn't match with what's shown from a toyline for minors

Hey! These are $10 toys aimed at children! They should look just as good as the $180 SHMA figures, okay! How DARE they look like fun, nostalgic toys? I wouldn't buy them for MY son!

I WILL buy them for myself though cause he's too young for toys and these look fun.

Added in 26 seconds:
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:
Maritonic wrote:

No, just no. Kids should not be able to have fun. That's hogwash.

NO FUN ALLOWED! IF ITS NOT FOR ME I DON'T LIKE IT!!!
Resized Image

Everything Will Proceed Cyclically

goji89 wrote:So.......are we gonna Kinkshame the skreeonking birds or what?

_JNavs_
E.S.P.Spy

Postby _JNavs_ » Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:36 pm

Maritonic wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote:
Maritonic wrote:

Hey! These are $10 toys aimed at children! They should look just as good as the $180 SHMA figures, okay! How DARE they look like fun, nostalgic toys? I wouldn't buy them for MY son!

I WILL buy them for myself though cause he's too young for toys and these look fun.

I'm absolutely FURIOUS that these do not have 65 points of articulation and real feel 3D detailing throughout. Why should I spend my well earned $10 on such ludicrous childrens products?

Although you could use these as those hanging spinny things if your kids are young enough to still be in cribs
Sith Apprentice.

Dr. Professor
EDF Soldier

Postby Dr. Professor » Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:41 pm

"I concur, Reginald. I am quite disappointed to see that Jakks Pacific put such poor work into these toys!"
goji89 wrote: :shock: ...Sweet Yeet

Resized Image

BrazilianKaiju
Yojimbo

Postby BrazilianKaiju » Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:50 pm

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:I thought they changed the spines on the giant Godzilla?

This is the 2014 model. No? Look his feet.

GFAN198423
E.S.P.Spy

Postby GFAN198423 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:18 am

More looks at the JAKKS line from figures.com.

Godzilla 1986
JXSDF Technician

Postby Godzilla 1986 » Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:43 am

Large size Jakks sighted in the UK. Dunno if they were supposed to be out this early or not, but either way, the merch train has started!

"What are your thoughts on the Godzilla gijinkas?"

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Keizer

Postby Tyrant_Lizard_King » Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:28 pm

So Randy said a Neca Ghidorah is not impossible but there's just no plans at the moment. So at least they aren't entirely ruling him out in the future.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Return to “MonsterVerse (2014-Present)”