Most Frustrating Gaming Experience

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.
Godzelda
Interpol Agent

Re: Most Frustrating Gaming Experience

Post by Godzelda »

Well, I've probably had much more frustrating experiences, but the first that comes to mind is Zelda 2... just Zelda 2. I would be okay with the game's extreme difficulty... if they hadn't decided to combine it with having only three lives and going back to the skreeonking castle every time you got a game over! :evil: I managed to make it through the first dungeon (which didn't even feel rewarding, btw, just made me want to go to Kyoto and strangle whoever had the bright idea of making you go back to the starting point with each game over), then realized that, to get to each of the other dungeons, I would probably have to go through caves or parts of the overworld filled with enemies every skreeonking time I died 3 times, and I haven't played it again since. It's the only game in the Zelda series, aside from Phantom Hourglass, perhaps (due to the Temple of the Ocean King), which I haven't enjoyed overall, and I think it fully deserves its reputation as the black sheep of the series.
On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer.
-Satoru Iwata (1959-2015)

Zilla103192
Keizer

Post by Zilla103192 »

Anytime a game saves you in a spot with low health and a bunch of enemies around you. So every time you die, you load it back up and your stuck.

I've had to completely restart games too many times for that reason.
Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark

three
Keizer

Post by three »

ugh. one time as a vampire in TES IV, oblivion, i saved outside in the sunlight as a stage 4 vampire. i kept reloading and dying over and over.

that was the last time i ever let vampirism progress.
:pokeball: :cookie: :mechagodzilla: "I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen" ~ Charlie Sheen

Gojira is:Very Hiroshima®
axnyslie wrote:I read that too quickly I though you said land MINES. Yes they are still out there so step lightly!
Well, I've read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: 'live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual. ~ Lydia Deetz

sir isaac newton is the deadliest son - of - a - bitch in space.

wisper15
Xilien Halfling

Post by wisper15 »

I was playing GTA V for the PS3 online, and this butt fucker kept killing me. I couldn't kill him, he was too high a level, and I couldn't run away, he had seven buddies. :evil:
TK's resident Taurean

MysticalDL
EDF Instructor

Post by MysticalDL »

wisper15 wrote:I was playing GTA V for the PS3 online, and this butt fucker kept killing me. I couldn't kill him, he was too high a level, and I couldn't run away, he had seven buddies. :evil:
What's your level & his crews initials?

Godzilla 2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla 2000 »

Mass Effect 3 Multiplayer, when you're playing with randoms who:

-play vanguard
-suck at the game
-dont do objectives
-are stingy with equipment
-play vanguard
-use the wrong gear
-dont revive you
-dont know how to play their own class
-play vanguard
-die a lot
-use bad weapons
-melee enemies with insta-kill mechanics
-play vanguard
-refuse to take cover
-kill steal
-waste cobra missiles/medi-gel
-play vanguard
-are host and leave just before the end of a wave
-kick you for no reason
-have a mic but say nothing
-play vanguard

Or

-play vanguard and spam charge/nova.

three
Keizer

Post by three »

Godzilla 2000 wrote:-snip-
and that's why i just never bothered with ME multiplayer. i didn't buy it for that, anyway.
:pokeball: :cookie: :mechagodzilla: "I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen" ~ Charlie Sheen

axnyslie wrote:I read that too quickly I though you said land MINES. Yes they are still out there so step lightly!
Well, I've read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: 'live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual. ~ Lydia Deetz

Dillyziller
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Dillyziller »

In Pokemon Y I hate doing WiFi battles with people who constantly switch out their Pokemon. It doesn't make the battle fun or intense it just makes it endless and boring.
^This post in sexually offensive.

three
Keizer

Post by three »

Dillyziller wrote:In Pokemon Y I hate doing WiFi battles with people who constantly switch out their Pokemon. It doesn't make the battle fun or intense it just makes it endless and boring.
yea, but this is off topic. pokemon isn't a game.

it's a way of life.

Dillyziller
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Dillyziller »

three wrote:
Dillyziller wrote:In Pokemon Y I hate doing WiFi battles with people who constantly switch out their Pokemon. It doesn't make the battle fun or intense it just makes it endless and boring.
yea, but this is off topic. pokemon isn't a game.

it's a way of life.
Pokemon is love, Pokemon is life.
^This post in sexually offensive.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

In a game like Fallout or Elder Scrolls you save once, the an hour later you die and the horrifying realization hits you that the game didn't autosave.

Say goodbye to that special armor and unique weapon you found in the dungeon crawling with enemies!
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Vatarian
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Vatarian »

Trying to solo Halo 4 on legendary.

Gar. Some levels are just so goddamn annoying. You literally run out of ammo before your enemy dies.

ScootaVaran
EDF Instructor

Post by ScootaVaran »

Those Following Missions in sandbox games. Ugh, I hate those things and they happen in every damn sand-box game out there.
"Follow that guy"
"You're to close!"
"You're to far away!"
:mad:
The quickest way into a woman's bed is through her parents. Have sex with them and you're in. -Zapp Brannigan
For some Coffee inspired art, viewtopic.php?f=19&t=11147

Biogoji
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Biogoji »

ScootaVaran wrote:Those Following Missions in sandbox games. Ugh, I hate those things and they happen in every damn sand-box game out there.
"Follow that guy"
"You're to close!"
"You're to far away!"
Agreed, thank god for Los Santos' beautiful design in GTA V, make me do those missions in GTA IV with dull and grey liberty city and you can get fucked.

GhidoGoji
Gotengo Officer

Post by GhidoGoji »

ScootaVaran wrote:Those Following Missions in sandbox games. Ugh, I hate those things and they happen in every damn sand-box game out there.
"Follow that guy"
"You're to close!"
"You're to far away!"
That is the single most annoying aspect of Assassin's Creed games. Oh great, the dude I'm following's gonna stop for the 6th time on this trip to turn around and make sure no one's following him even though there's a huge crowd of people that could all be stalking him. The fact that the Assassins wear the most obvious outfit of all time while trying to sneak up on people doesn't help, either.

Pokemon fans might be able to relate to this one: I found a Shiny Sandslash in HeartGold - My second Shiny. My first was actually when I found Shiny Meowth, but on my friend's Japanese Soul Silver he'd ordered online before the games released in the US. I had caught that one for him, so now I wanted this one for myself. I mean, look at how cool it is:
Awesome, right? Then I realized I was in the Safari Zone. Pokemon fans can probably guess how the encounter ended (This thread is for frustraiting experiences, so it shouldn't be too difficult). Last Shiny I've ever found, and that was four years ago.
MandaSaurus wrote:@Maritonic: No, most people's aren't. But I have an eye for detail that few here can match. I've been collecting longer than most of you have been alive. I'm also nearsighted, which means that I see things up close CRYSTAL-clear, which means I can point out details & differences like the guy who sculpted the item. So, forgive me if there's only a handful of folks in these forums whose opinion I put on a par with MINE...

toho_guy01
Interpol Agent

Post by toho_guy01 »

You guys think Late Monster Hunter is bad? Try thinking about a time when you were a newcomer to Monster Hunter. I spent HALF A HOUR or so on Barroth, BARROTH. I Have no idea how I get all the cool badass stuff because all I have is a bone sword and shield.
That fella that still exists for whatever reason.

Demon Lord Gira
Administrator
Administrator

Post by Demon Lord Gira »

toho_guy01 wrote:You guys think Late Monster Hunter is bad? Try thinking about a time when you were a newcomer to Monster Hunter. I spent HALF A HOUR or so on Barroth, BARROTH. I Have no idea how I get all the cool badass stuff because all I have is a bone sword and shield.
That's when you upgrade your stuff through farming for materials. Any monster is doable if you upgrade your stuff up high enough. For example, farming for the Peco weapons or Royal Ludroth weapons before dealing with Barroth is highly recommended, since he has a weakness to fire. In short, be sure to research what monster you are fighting first, them make the appropriate equipment to handle it.
Come read my latest Fanfiction: Daily Life at the Cheshire Cafe

GotengoXGodzilla wrote: It could be said that kaiju regeneration is like human dodging, basically.
GotengoXGodzilla wrote:That's not Mothra, that's an ugly goddamn demon!

SUPERTOHOREMIX
Futurian

Post by SUPERTOHOREMIX »

Other then Crazy Gadget from SA2 ...

Heres one, and it comes close. Sonic Heroes, Team Dark on Final Fortress. I can remember shouting at the screen after dying endlessly.

Maybe theres a few Monster Hunter momen- The Chimera Twins ( Lunastra & Teostra ) and TIGREX from MHFU ...

UUUUUUUUGGGGHHHHH -

DrBreakfastMachine
Interpol Agent

Post by DrBreakfastMachine »

The Couple's Mask sidequest in Majora's Mask was a serious hazard to my health. No part of it is particularly challenging but it's such a long sequence of events and if you screw up anything you have to do the whole thing over. There's nothing worse than sitting through all the boring parts for the tenth time, reaching the final part and then finding out that one pixel of Link's hat wasn't covered by the rock you have to hide behind so the thief sees you and runs off, ruining the whole thing. Majora is one of my favorite games of all time but that quest is just too tedious and has too little margin for error given the length.

My number one though is the hallway in the first Castlevania game where you have to fight two axe-throwing knights who each have more than twice as much health as you while dodging a heavy and never-ending stream of medusa heads, then immediately fight the grim reaper, who's easily the second hardest boss in the game, with whatever sliver of health you have left from the hallway. Never gotten past that, likely never will.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

The Monster Wars mod for Fallout: New Vegas. It's fun as hell and some of the stuff they added is really cool but it gets a bit ridiculous sometimes. Level 1? Let's put a gigantic glowing green Radscorpion that can insta-kill you and constantly emits high levels of radiation that also heal it. On top of that, let's have 3 other normal Radscorpions accompany it.

The most sinister thing I've come across in this game so far is an Enclave controlled Deathclaw WITH POWER ARMOR and an arm mounted chainsaw. Come on man, those things are bad enough without all that.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns