Ideas, Advice and Suggestions Thread

A board for users to display their created fiction. Creating a separate topic for comments is suggested.

Moderator: GodzillavsJason

GodzillavsJason
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Ideas, Advice and Suggestions Thread

Post by GodzillavsJason »

Godzilla 1995 wrote:
GodzillavsJason wrote:Care to enlighten us more on this idea? Such as will it apply to everyone even to ones who have a higher skill in writing or people who are first joining this section and who are still in the rookie field?
Perhaps for members who are starting out in the site, and for the case of legibility and proper punctuation. You know, paragraphs, having punctuation marks and such. One couldn't go further than that without opinion on a person's story coming into factor, and that's unfair.
Also, who has a say in accepting which stories get to be allowed in here because if you're thinking of just having one person do it then it would be unfair.
I was going with the assumption it would be you.
I like where your going with this idea and it could be a great way to improve people's writing in the first place.

With the assumption of me saying that I would be the one who decides whose stories go in and whose doesn't. I think that would be unfair if one person decides this so how about a council of five? Ones that are basically comprised of the veteran writers who've been here the longest.
52 wins and 27 loses
TK's Number 1 Fan of Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Evil Dead, The Thing, and Red vs Blue!

GodzillavsJason
Administrator
Administrator

I really like the stages you've implemented there. I almost spat out my drink when seeing Stage 5 in trying to hold my laughter.

I think we can try something out with this on upcoming writers whenever they arrive, but I would still like to implement the council aspect. I understand where you're coming with incoming stories by rookies or very new writers are coming in shortly. I do feel that it wouldn't be right with me deciding which stories get in and which do not. Which is why I still think we should incorporate a three of five person council to make a verdict so it doesn't feel that biased.

Another thing I would like to address is that while this idea is great and I am simply in support of you, 95. Mothrarocks and I have tried a similar thing in 2011 when we tried to make this a user group on we have moderator(s) decide who gets in or not by their story submission. It failed of course due to a lot of people who weren't even apart of this section and wouldn't effect them in the slightest had a strong disagreement with our suggestion. If we did go ahead and went further into this then I have a feeling people would catch drift of this and get all angry about this and report it to the admins.

Now, I'm not saying I'm against the system you made and in fact I'm strongly for it, but let me, you and the others if they wish to tag along to appeal to somebody and the admins on this idea to make this section a user based group.

Again, I really like your idea and I'm happy to see a person who doesn't really post in the section often make a great contribution to this section to try and make it a better place. :)
52 wins and 27 loses
TK's Number 1 Fan of Mass Effect, Dragon Age, Evil Dead, The Thing, and Red vs Blue!

Biogoji
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Biogoji »

GodzillavsJason wrote:I really like the stages you've implemented there. I almost spat out my drink when seeing Stage 5 in trying to hold my laughter.

I think we can try something out with this on upcoming writers whenever they arrive, but I would still like to implement the council aspect. I understand where you're coming with incoming stories by rookies or very new writers are coming in shortly. I do feel that it wouldn't be right with me deciding which stories get in and which do not. Which is why I still think we should incorporate a three of five person council to make a verdict so it doesn't feel that biased.

Another thing I would like to address is that while this idea is great and I am simply in support of you, 95. Mothrarocks and I have tried a similar thing in 2011 when we tried to make this a user group on we have moderator(s) decide who gets in or not by their story submission. It failed of course due to a lot of people who weren't even apart of this section and wouldn't effect them in the slightest had a strong disagreement with our suggestion. If we did go ahead and went further into this then I have a feeling people would catch drift of this and get all angry about this and report it to the admins.

Now, I'm not saying I'm against the system you made and in fact I'm strongly for it, but let me, you and the others if they wish to tag along to appeal to somebody and the admins on this idea to make this section a user based group.

This. I love the idea I think we should suggest it.

Again, I really like your idea and I'm happy to see a person who doesn't really post in the section often make a great contribution to this section to try and make it a better place. :)

GodzillavsJason
Administrator
Administrator

Another suggestion I would like to propose is this.

That senior members (Bdog, Giratina93, Hayes, SenseiteriyakiVTim85, Kiryu2012 and myself) could always take on apprentices (The newer writers). What I mean is by being their beta readers such as me already doing beta reading for pta917's stories. If we do that then I would have already taken pta917 as my apprentice and the senior writers would take one apprentice each. I find this to be helpful to increase not only the apprentice's writing, but possibility the master's writing even more and develop a good friendship just like mine and pta's.
52 wins and 27 loses

Biogoji
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Biogoji »

GodzillavsJason wrote:Another suggestion I would like to propose is this.

That senior members (Bdog, Giratina93, Hayes, SenseiteriyakiVTim85, Kiryu2012 and myself) could always take on apprentices (The newer writers). What I mean is by being their beta readers such as me already doing beta reading for pta917's stories. If we do that then I would have already taken pta917 as my apprentice and the senior writers would take one apprentice each. I find this to be helpful to increase not only the apprentice's writing, but possibility the master's writing even more and develop a good friendship just like mine and pta's.
I think we should suggest these ideas in the ideas for tk thread.

GodzillavsJason
Administrator
Administrator

In due time Bio. I want to wait first when 95 is here so we can pitch it both together along with any of our FF "staff" who wish to join our pitch. I also want to make sure a lot of our "staff" likes the idea first.
52 wins and 27 loses

three
Keizer

Post by three »

i don't get the feeling hayes will be around often. college can do that to ya (it's why i'm dead on the forums for entire days sometimes).
:pokeball: :cookie: :mechagodzilla: "I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen" ~ Charlie Sheen

Gojira is:Very Hiroshima®
axnyslie wrote:I read that too quickly I though you said land MINES. Yes they are still out there so step lightly!
Well, I've read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: 'live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual. ~ Lydia Deetz

sir isaac newton is the deadliest son - of - a - bitch in space.

three
Keizer

Post by three »

Godzilla 1995 wrote:
GodzillavsJason wrote:In due time Bio. I want to wait first when 95 is here so we can pitch it both together along with any of our FF "staff" who wish to join our pitch. I also want to make sure a lot of our "staff" likes the idea first.
Need me for something?
we all need another coffee, and i take my sugar with coffee and cream (preference for hazelnut). well? hop to it!!!
:pokeball: :cookie: :mechagodzilla: "I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen" ~ Charlie Sheen

axnyslie wrote:I read that too quickly I though you said land MINES. Yes they are still out there so step lightly!
Well, I've read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: 'live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual. ~ Lydia Deetz

GodzillavsJason
Administrator
Administrator

Godzilla 1995 wrote:
GodzillavsJason wrote:In due time Bio. I want to wait first when 95 is here so we can pitch it both together along with any of our FF "staff" who wish to join our pitch. I also want to make sure a lot of our "staff" likes the idea first.
Need me for something?
Yes, since I feel that you came up with the idea I think you should be apart of the pitching process to the General TK forum ideas to make this into a user group and to incorporate your idea into the mix.
52 wins and 27 loses

GodzillavsJason
Administrator
Administrator

Excellent plan, I'll be sure to that momentarily.
52 wins and 27 loses

GodzillavsJason
Administrator
Administrator

Godzilla 1995 wrote:
GodzillavsJason wrote:Excellent plan, I'll be sure to that momentarily.
You got it. Waiting on your shot to fire.
I already pitched the basis of what it is so here is your que to go in and if they ask any questions, we will simply answer all they have to ask.
52 wins and 27 loses

GodzillavsJason
Administrator
Administrator

Godzilla 1995 wrote:Already sent and posted. Hope it leads to something.
You and me both pal. I really hope it does lead to something.
52 wins and 27 loses

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Post by RamshackleRanger »

Has anyone thought about a teaser thread? For those who aren't quite ready to post their FF, but want to get it hyped. Because That could be extremely useful.

GodzillavsJason
Administrator
Administrator

SenseiTeriyakiV wrote:Has anyone thought about a teaser thread? For those who aren't quite ready to post their FF, but want to get it hyped. Because That could be extremely useful.
That might not be a bad idea actually. You or I can make it and then I can sticky it.

How's that sound? :)
52 wins and 27 loses

wisper15
Xilien Halfling

Post by wisper15 »

^That sounds like a great idea! Would really help writers out here that aren't making a sign-up story, as few people know those are occurring.
TK's resident Taurean

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Post by RamshackleRanger »

GodzillavsJason wrote:
SenseiTeriyakiV wrote:Has anyone thought about a teaser thread? For those who aren't quite ready to post their FF, but want to get it hyped. Because That could be extremely useful.
That might not be a bad idea actually. You or I can make it and then I can sticky it.

How's that sound? :)
I'll go ahead and make it.

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

Yay, fanfiction thread ideas!
Follow The #MoreMonsterVerse Twitter Movement!

Link: https://twitter.com/ExpandtheMV?s=09

We Can Make A Difference! Fans Have A Voice!

Tim85
EDF Instructor

Post by Tim85 »

I actually had a story idea come about last night. Thought I'd throw it out here and see if it sticks.

I was reading Injustice: Gods Among Us Book 1 (awesome read by the way) last night. For those who aren't in the know: it's a prequel story to the video game of the same name where Superman goes berserk and takes control of the world. While I was reading it, I thought of what would happened Kaiju did the same thing. After I finished the book I came up with a basic premise.

Like Injustice, it takes place in a different universe. War of the Kaiju still occurred but the monsters remained on the Earth and the machine that brought them to life are both occasionally used by the League. Kaiju and Wonder Woman got married earlier then in the other universe. Hippolyta is going to the UN for Themyscria to be acknowledged as a sovereign country. When she arrives, a terrorist attempts to assassinate her. While in the hospital, Tim and Diana see on the news on where this terrorist fled and the country harboring him refuses to release him. The Justice League refuses to get involved because it's a political issue. Hippolyta dies in the hospital and asks both her children (she considers Tim a son) to "avenge her" before she passes. Kaiju and Wonder Woman lead an army of monsters on an attack on the country harboring the terrorist and capture the leader, the individual who killed Hippolyta, and the country's president and deliver them to the UN. The JLA condemns their actions and discharge them both. Kaiju and Wonder Woman announce that along with the Amazons and the monsters; declare that they will span the globe and put a stop to all the seemingly endless violence going on in the world. Soon a war breaks out around the world with Kaiju, Wonder Woman, and all their allies taking on the JLA and those who side with them that ends with Kaiju essential taking over the world and bringing about an end to war. But as with every regime, there's always a resistance....

Like I said, this is a basic premise and I have yet to expand on it.
I was mentioned in the SciFi Japan article about the appearence of extras on the Godzilla vs. Megalon DVD.

http://www.scifijapan.com/articles/2012 ... p-mystery/

GodzillavsJason
Administrator
Administrator

@Tim85. An AU story of Injustice? Sounds very intriguing and I would like to see something like that done by you. Go ahead and make it dude since you already have my full support for you to make the story already. :)

@Everybody.

I've got an idea on something we can do in a per-say of voting; well two things actually. One, I will make a separate topic for temporary on a certain matter I saw a few people address here and I feels as that subject should have it's own thread to discuss further.

Two, I was thinking that we can do something like The National Film Registry of the Library of Congress. What we can do here is vote on just about every story submitted here and which ever five stories have the highest votes will be recorded in a separate topic. It will be done every year with five new ones added to library of topic and of course stories younger than nine months cannot be voted until they pass their nine month anniversary.

What do you guys think of that idea?
52 wins and 27 loses

three
Keizer

Post by three »

hm. well the area gets little action so i don't see the point in delaying things for so long. 9 months feels like an eternity when 10 people at the most will vote on anything, ya know?