Godzilla: Save the Earth discussion

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
S9y
Monarch Researcher

Re: Godzilla: Save the Earth discussion

Post by S9y »

Anyway to unlock Biolannte on xbox?

The Godzilla King
Interpol Agent

Post by The Godzilla King »

S9y wrote:Anyway to unlock Biolannte on xbox?
No, she was removed from the Xbox version. The files are only present on the PS2 version.

S9y
Monarch Researcher

Post by S9y »

Favorite rage attack? Spacegodzilla is mine

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

Hate to be obvious, but I love G90s's Finisher Breath. Seems so much like he's using his Spiral Ray, just under a different name. Has the slow build-up followed by an incredibly powerful beam of radiation that's so satisfying to KO opponents with.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

Lawsford
Monarch Researcher

Post by Lawsford »

I'm not sure if I asked this question before but...

Could Atari re-release this game on PSN and Xbox Live? (With no changes save for the usual transition into 1080 tv screens)

Could they do this without needing another contract with Toho, or is it entirely out of the question?
This millenium hair is simply fabulous

Oooo I could get used to this look

Omegazilla
Interpol Agent

Post by Omegazilla »

This game is easily my favorite Godzilla game so far. It had decent gameplay and a nice monster roster.

Mr. Strange
G-Force Personnel

Post by Mr. Strange »

Lawsford wrote:I'm not sure if I asked this question before but...

Could Atari re-release this game on PSN and Xbox Live? (With no changes save for the usual transition into 1080 tv screens)

Could they do this without needing another contract with Toho, or is it entirely out of the question?
Short answer: No.

Zentenk
Monarch Researcher

Post by Zentenk »

You all can still play Godzilla: STE on XBOX using XBconnect that I posted here:

http://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewto ... 10&t=19414

You use system link instead of Xbox Live to connect across the internet. I hope some of you can get it set up and we can play some matches.

toho_guy01
Interpol Agent

Post by toho_guy01 »

Mr. Strange wrote:
Saansilt wrote:Orga was broken. Seriously broken.
At the 2013 G-Fest an Orga player won the tournament.

Then I played an exhibition match against him using Gigan, and won. Good match!

I would say that King Ghidorah and Anguirus are closer to "broken" when played expertly than Orga ever is.
Fack KG, Baragon's the broken one here!
That fella that still exists for whatever reason.

Grimlock#1
Monsterland Worker

Post by Grimlock#1 »

Has there been any additional information released about the original storyline for this game that hasn't already been shared in the interview on the main site? It sounds like a really interesting story and I'd like to know more about it. It's a shame it got cut out of the final product.
"Operator, give me the number for 911!"
Space Hunter M wrote:Ah, you and your corns. Great. When you and the MUTO meet, be sure you tell him all about your corn problems.
"MECHAGGGGGGGGGGGGG!"

Godzillasylum
Monarch Researcher

Post by Godzillasylum »

This is and always will be my all time favorite game! I really wish I could verse some people on here. I was serious invincible at this game with Godzilla 2000. I'd always play through the campaign on hard and go 3 V 1 matches and come out on top :mrgreen: oh man those were the days! I always welcomed a challenge, although there really weren't much challenges :huge:
Good hunter... May you find your worth in the waking world.

Zentenk
Monarch Researcher

Post by Zentenk »

Godzillasylum wrote:This is and always will be my all time favorite game! I really wish I could verse some people on here. I was serious invincible at this game with Godzilla 2000. I'd always play through the campaign on hard and go 3 V 1 matches and come out on top :mrgreen: oh man those were the days! I always welcomed a challenge, although there really weren't much challenges :huge:
If you have XBOX you can play on XBconnect.

STE was just well polished, I just got Unleashed for PS2. Man... that sent me back to the mid 90's I thought I was playing a PS1 game... the intro and the select screen? SMH

Godzillasylum
Monarch Researcher

Post by Godzillasylum »

Zentenk wrote:
Godzillasylum wrote:This is and always will be my all time favorite game! I really wish I could verse some people on here. I was serious invincible at this game with Godzilla 2000. I'd always play through the campaign on hard and go 3 V 1 matches and come out on top :mrgreen: oh man those were the days! I always welcomed a challenge, although there really weren't much challenges :huge:

STE was just well polished, I just got Unleashed for PS2. Man... that sent me back to the mid 90's I thought I was playing a PS1 game... the intro and the select screen? SMH
Unleashed was garbage in my opinion. STE was miles ahead of it and the best in the series. They went backwards with Unleashed, it could have been so great but it really toned a lot of things down. Sure it had better graphics but that was the only thing it had over STE, everything else was either crap, taken out, or just didn't blend well.

Godzillasylum
Monarch Researcher

Post by Godzillasylum »

Saansilt wrote:I only had experiance with unleashed on the PS2.
Took massive SAN damage on that one.
(No offence Mr. Strange, I do know of the "4 months to do it" dealie.)
Loved this game. If only it had Junior from GTS.
I would have loved to see Jr. and Burning in STE. Ahh man, I can fantasize all day about adding new things to STE haha, one can dream though :).

Mr. Strange
G-Force Personnel

Post by Mr. Strange »

Godzillasylum wrote:
Zentenk wrote:

Unleashed was garbage in my opinion. STE was miles ahead of it and the best in the series. They went backwards with Unleashed, it could have been so great but it really toned a lot of things down. Sure it had better graphics but that was the only thing it had over STE, everything else was either crap, taken out, or just didn't blend well.
I don't mean to quibble, but I actually think Unleashed improved on StE in a ton of ways - though obviously it did fall short on some aspects, which really hurt the game's overall quality.

But even if StE is a better game overall, we shouldn't ignore the really great features G:U brought to the series - albeit in an imperfect package:

1 - Amazing custom game configuration system.
2 - Faction system.
3 - Improved powerup spawn (folks complained about powerup camping in StE, and I think we did a great job of fixing those issues in G:U)
4 - Better vehicles, military AI, & pathing.
5 - Better building destruction.
6 - Fully physics-based monster movement.
7 - Multi-thread animation system for characters.
8 - Better camera, 3&4 player support, and new game modes.

Godzillasylum
Monarch Researcher

Post by Godzillasylum »

Godzillasylum wrote:
Zentenk wrote:

I don't mean to quibble, but I actually think Unleashed improved on StE in a ton of ways - though obviously it did fall short on some aspects, which really hurt the game's overall quality.

But even if StE is a better game overall, we shouldn't ignore the really great features G:U brought to the series - albeit in an imperfect package:

1 - Amazing custom game configuration system.
2 - Faction system.
3 - Improved powerup spawn (folks complained about powerup camping in StE, and I think we did a great job of fixing those issues in G:U)
4 - Better vehicles, military AI, & pathing.
5 - Better building destruction.
6 - Fully physics-based monster movement.
7 - Multi-thread animation system for characters.
8 - Better camera, 3&4 player support, and new game modes.[/quote]Oh yes, I agree 101%. Unleashed had A LOT of great and newly added great features. If Unleashed took the game that STE had and the qualities of it, Unleashed would have been the better game in my opinion. I admit I did like and enjoy the new features in Unleashed, like the better building destruction as you mentioned above. But what did it for me was the gameplay, personally I felt Unleashed tried to better what STE had but kind of in a way failed at it, I'm not saying Unleashed is a bad game and all, I just was really disappointed in the gameplay aspect of Unleashed.

Mr. Strange
G-Force Personnel

Post by Mr. Strange »

Godzillasylum wrote:Oh yes, I agree 101%. Unleashed had A LOT of great and newly added great features. If Unleashed took the game that STE had and the qualities of it, Unleashed would have been the better game in my opinion. I admit I did like and enjoy the new features in Unleashed, like the better building destruction as you mentioned above. But what did it for me was the gameplay, personally I felt Unleashed tried to better what STE had but kind of in a way failed at it, I'm not saying Unleashed is a bad game and all, I just was really disappointed in the gameplay aspect of Unleashed.
I believe we completely agree then. You'll be glad to know that Colossal Kaiju Combat is aiming to hit exactly that target.

Zentenk
Monarch Researcher

Post by Zentenk »

I don't know if PS2 is different than Wii but for PS2 I enjoyed the gameplay, but the story sucked (text and still shots like it is SNES), horrible music and graphic select screens... STE blew that all away.

Benn_Sonic_exe
Monsterland Worker

Post by Benn_Sonic_exe »

2nd favorite game! Love the more monsters part.
AKA Jamie.

pvphook
Ronin

Post by pvphook »

I just remember the first time playing STE and being super excited when I saw Jet Jaguar as a playable character. I think after buying the game, I practiced on the boxing ring as Jet Jaguar for hours, just trying to figure out the moves in the manual. After that, I could beat Survival Mode no problem. Unleashed in my opinion was a great game, all three were, and I really liked being able to make choices in the story (and it had Varan!) but also playing to unlock monsters was pretty fun too. Overall though, I feel that STE was a true step-up from an already awesome game (DAMM) and had so many maps to play on which still makes it entertaining.
Still the best