Official "Toho-On-TV" Thread

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
UltramanGoji

Official "Toho-On-TV" Thread

Post by UltramanGoji »

Alrighty, the recent Encore Heisei thread gave me the idea for this thread.

Basically, instead of having multiple threads for Toho/Godzilla/Kaiju movies being shown on TV, why not have one big general (and hopefully stickied!) thread that users can post in whenever they spot a Godzilla/Toho/Kaiju in their TV Guide.

Here's a handy-dandy list that I'll occasionally update with movie airtimes and channels.

I hope everyone finds this useful. Now set those DVRs people!
Last edited by UltramanGoji on Tue Jun 08, 2021 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Oxygen Destroyer
Monsterland Worker

Re: Official "Toho-On-TV" Thread

Post by The Oxygen Destroyer »

I miss when Syfy (Then Sci-Fi Channel) used to air Godzilla films frequently. :( Now most of what they have on is garbage.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Saansilt wrote:Should we list G flicks on Online services such as netflix here? Or would that be a seperate topic?
I think there's a separate topic for that. This is mainly for showings on actual television channels like SyFy or AMC.

ゴジラ
JXSDF Technician

SHOWA Godzilla Marathon (5/16) Epix Drive-In Channel

Post by ゴジラ »

This Memorial Day, Epix Drive-In have announced that they will celebrate the return of Godzilla to the big screen (in Gareth Edwards’s Godzilla, due out on Friday) with a MemROARial Day Godzilla movie marathon.

EPIX Drive-In is a movie channel that features classic and genre movies—action, comedy, sci-fi and horror films from the ‘70s, ‘80’s, ‘90s and beyond, presented uncut and commercial free. You can check below for a full schedule of the day’s lineup (all times EST).

“MemROARial Day Godzilla-Thon” Full Schedule – All Times ​EST

6:00 AM – Ghidorah, the Three- Headed Monster
7:30 AM – Rodan
8:45 AM – Godzilla’s Revenge
10:00 AM – Godzilla, King of the Monsters!
11:20 AM – Godzilla Raids Again
12:40 PM – Ghidorah, the Three- Headed Monster
2:10 PM – Mothra vs. Godzilla
3:40 PM – Godzilla vs. Monster Zero
5:15 PM – Rodan
6:30 PM – Terror of Mechagodzilla
8:00 PM – Godzilla, King of the Monsters!
9:20 PM – Godzilla Raids Again
10:40 PM – Ghidorah, the Three- Headed Monster
12:10 AM – Mothra vs. Godzilla
1:45 AM – Rodan
3:00 AM – Godzilla vs. Monster Zero

Simply put, they are airing all of the Classic Media Godzilla films, with the special inclusion of Rodan. And yes folks you read right, Godzilla's Revenge will be stomping along the marathon as well. Although it will only be shown once while the others have second airings. Epic-Drive In channel is 599, if its not on that number on your guide, then try looking up the channel itself to see if you can find its number.

And special reminder:
Remember, ENCORE is hosting a Heisei Godzilla Marathon as well, starting May 15 and leading into May 16. So fans, if you have the channels you can enjoy back-to-back G Marathons.

GodzillaFreak99
EDF Instructor

Post by GodzillaFreak99 »

The Oxygen Destroyer wrote:I miss when Syfy (Then Sci-Fi Channel) used to air Godzilla films frequently. :( Now most of what they have on is garbage.
Here here. I miss the old Syfy.
"There is no fate but what we make for ourselves."
GodzillavsJason wrote:I am considered to be one of the worst type of people in the world which is being a straight white man.

Zachzilla92
Ronin

Post by Zachzilla92 »

If anyone has the Chiller channel, I just noticed that they will be playing quite a few Godzilla films this Thursday, Friday and Saturday. On Thursday night into Friday morning, they will play Megaguirus, GMK and GINO. Starting on Saturday morning and lasting through the entire day, those along with Godzilla vs. Mothra, Against Mechagodzilla, and Tokyo S.O.S. are also going to be playing! I don't know if I've seen Godzilla vs. Mothra on TV before, so that will be a real treat! Just wanted to let everyone know. :D

godzilla1024
Ronin

Post by godzilla1024 »

You know epix is hosting a godzilla-thon!? Here's the link. They make fun of to land emmerich in it!
http://youtu.be/eDVXlR2UMVg

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Zachzilla92 wrote:If anyone has the Chiller channel, I just noticed that they will be playing quite a few Godzilla films this Thursday, Friday and Saturday. On Thursday night into Friday morning, they will play Megaguirus, GMK and GINO. Starting on Saturday morning and lasting through the entire day, those along with Godzilla vs. Mothra, Against Mechagodzilla, and Tokyo S.O.S. are also going to be playing! I don't know if I've seen Godzilla vs. Mothra on TV before, so that will be a real treat! Just wanted to let everyone know. :D
Oh, awesome! Thanks for letting us know. I never pay any attention to the Chiller channel, so there's a good chance I would've missed this. Tokyo S.O.S. is the only one I'll probably watch, though. I have all the others on DVD, or have seen them recently. Haven't seen S.O.S. since roughly 2004, though, and that time I had to watch it on a crappy old computer that could just barely play DVDs, so picture and sound quality were very low. Can't wait to give it another try. :huge:
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

For anyone watching the Chiller marathon right now, Godzilla against Mechagodzilla turned out to be Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla (1974) in disguise!

A real treat for anyone who hasn't seen it yet.

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

godzilla1024 wrote:You know epix is hosting a godzilla-thon!? Here's the link. They make fun of to land emmerich in it!
http://youtu.be/eDVXlR2UMVg
Why can't I get that channel? :cry:
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Co-host (Nick) of G-Force: A Kaiju Podcast
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook

RIP Evan A. Baker :serizawa:

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Probably too late for many people to see this, but I just noticed that Godzilla: King of the Monsters is going to be on TCM tonight at 8:00.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Mecha-SpaceGhidorah
JXSDF Technician

Post by Mecha-SpaceGhidorah »

This is probably too late for most, but Ghidorah, The Three-Headed Monster is on Epix Drive-In right now. Sorry for the late update. :oops:
Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man, and let history make its own judgments.
~ Zefram Cochrane (c. 2073)

toho_guy01
Interpol Agent

Post by toho_guy01 »

A bummer is that I have NONE of the channels you guys have cus I'm in the UK.
That fella that still exists for whatever reason.

Goji12
Monsterland Worker

Post by Goji12 »

i only see Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah 1991 and Godzilla vs. Mothra 1964. I once found Geno
Just thought you should know that

BAM!!!!!

PS, I can smell you

ゴジラ
JXSDF Technician

Post by ゴジラ »

El Rey Network Wrecks the Halls with a Kaiju Christmas Marathon

Next week may be Thanksgiving, but the TV networks are already looking ahead to Christmas, and if youre more interested in wrecking halls than decking them with holly, El Reys plans should be right up your alley. Read on for the details of their Kaiju Christmas marathon, which begins on Christmas Eve.

From the Press Release:Join El Rey Network for a Kaiju Christmas marathon that brings you over 48 hours of giant monster mania featuring the original King of the Monsters, Godzilla. El Rey Network is celebrating the iconic fire-breather with a mega marathon that befits this behemoths pop culture impact.

The Godzilla marathon stomps into homes with the original film that started it all, Gojira on Wednesday, December 24, at 6 PM ET and culminates with Godzilla vs. Biollante on Saturday, December 27, at 3:45 AM ET.

Gojira at 6:00 PM ETIn the very first Godzilla film, a 400-foot-tall mutant dinosaur called Gojira, awakened from the depths of the sea, becomes a rampaging nuclear nightmare, complete with glowing dorsal fins and fiery, radioactive breath. Crushing ships, villages, and buildings in his wake, Gojira marches toward Tokyo.

Godzilla: King of the Monsters at 8:15 PM ETAmerican reporter Steve Martin witnesses a 400-foot amphibious monster, brought back to life by underwater nuclear testing, go on a rampage through Tokyo.

Rodan at 10:30 PM ETA giant pterodactyl whose wings create massive, destructive winds as it flies by makes its way to Japan.

Ghidorrah: The Three-Headed Monster at 12:15 AM ETThe citizens of Tokyo are subjected to an ill-tempered atomic mutant: the triple-headed Ghidrah, who breathes electric volts in all directions.

Godzilla Raids Again at 2:15 AM ETTsukioka and Kobayashi fly scout planes for a small fishing fleet, based in Osaka. A mechanical problem forces Kobayashi to set his plane down on remote Iwato island, and as he and Tsukioka are trying to make repairs, they are drawn to the sound of a horrendous conflagration and discover two enormous dinosaurs battling each other amid the snowy wastes of the island.

Godzilla vs. Monster Zero at 4:00 AM ETFollowing discovery of the mysterious Planet X in our solar system, a joint U.S./Japanese space exploratory mission is organized. The explorers discover aliens who claim their planet has been under constant attack from the powerful Monster Zero.

Godzilla vs. Mothra at 6:00 AM ETA battle royale between two of Japans most dangerous threats.

Godzillas Revenge at 8:00 AM ETA precocious little boy has real-life traumas including harassment by bullies and kidnapping by a gang of bank robbers. He escapes these dilemmas mainly by taking frequent naps, during which he dreams of journeys to Monster Island to partake in Godzillas exploits.

Terror of Mechagodzilla at 9:45 AM ETA race of malevolent aliens bent on world domination unleash the ultimate weapon of destruction on mankind, leaving them with no hope for survival but the power of the mighty Godzilla.

Godzilla vs. Biollante at 11:30 AM ETAfter rising from his volcanic grave, Godzilla is threatened by a mutated rosebush.
http://www.whatrends.com/story/entertai ... on/109688/

GojirO
G-Force Personnel

The El Rey Network

Post by GojirO »

I wasn't exactly sure where to post this but for those who would like to know, The El Rey Network (The network from Robert Rodriguez AND who just aired GODZILLA VS. BIOLLANTE) is going to aia Godzillathon on Christmas Eve. 3 Days, 10 Movies, all day carnage.

So check to see if you have the channel and be excited.
Rest in Peace Victoria

GojirO
G-Force Personnel

Re: The El Rey Network

Post by GojirO »

CaptainStarbird wrote:You already know I'm checking for it.
You told me about this. :lol:
but this message is for EVERYONE
Rest in Peace Victoria

GojirO
G-Force Personnel

Post by GojirO »

check every cable service, satellite service, CHECK EVERYTHING O_O
Rest in Peace Victoria

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

I was going to post this yesterday, but I couldn't find which ones where playing. Anyhow, my parents recorded an episode the the X-Files and they ended up telling me. Let's see what they are going to play :D

BNSF1995
Samurai

Post by BNSF1995 »

The movies El Rey will play are as follows (in order of release date):

*The original Godzilla (listed on TV Guide as Godzilla, and on El Rey webiste as Gojira)
*Godzilla Raids Again
*Godzilla, King of the Monsters!
*Rodan
*Mothra vs Godzilla (listed as Godzilla vs Mothra)
*King Ghidorah, The Three-Headed Monster
*Invasion of Astro Monster (listed as Godzilla vs Monster Zero)
*All Monsters Attack (listed under original US title, Godzilla's Revenge)
*Terror of MechaGodzilla
*Godzilla vs Biollante

I've set all of them to record on DVR, except Godzilla, King of the Monsters (seen it at least three times), Rodan (seen it, found it a little boring), Godzilla's Revenge (because it's pure crap), and Godzilla vs Biollante (already recorded it earlier last week).