The Godzilla General Discussion & Speculation Thread

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Underworld54
Terminated
Terminated

Re: The Godzilla General Discussion & Speculation Thread

Post by Underworld54 »

Chris55 wrote:
Underworld54 wrote:I'm all set to go!
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j299/ ... AG0060.jpg
You're going to see the 1998 movie! Ya got trolled!

:)
Haha you noticed that too eh? ;)
Sadly, I must make you aware that anything I say is my opinion.

Contrary to popular belief, I did like Godzilla 2014

GR8GODZILLAGOD
Gotengo Officer

Post by GR8GODZILLAGOD »

Apparently tickets for my amc can be obtained at fandango, except for the debut imax showing, so still have to wait a few days I guess. :sigh:
Living Corpse wrote:Stop feeding the Mutos nukes!

SoleMan
G-Grasper

Post by SoleMan »

nani sore wrote:
SoleMan wrote:I know they won't do it because...well...that would make sense, and sense is something Hollywood ran out of long ago.
How the skreeonk does anything you said in there make sense?
What do you not understand? I admit, it's more of a Godzilla movie, like one of the old ones, but for the most part it could be done in the new movie. You'd just have to be careful in how you set it up.

Here was my thought process, if it helps:
In the old movies, it would've been really cool if they captured all the other monsters and put them on monster island, except for Godzilla who they couldn't capture because he's y'know, the king and all. (Which is what they tried to do in Final Wars, but we know how that turned out)
Then I got to thinking, what if they captured the son of Godzilla, and he was lonely without his father? Well, that'd be stupid because Godzilla would just come in and destroy the entire facility, kill everbyody there and wade off with his kid...or die trying, at the very least.
Then I was wondering how they could implement this same concept into other films, and I cut out monster island and just had them stow the son away in a giant laboratory somewhere. The whole plot of the film could be Godzilla trying to find this lab and get his son back. It could placed in America somewhere, and thus fuel the reason why he's attacking America in this film. Isn't he supposed to have appeared in Japan before this?
Before it can be filmed, drawn, acted or programed, it must be written.

Unit~NoA
G-Force Personnel

Post by Unit~NoA »

GR8GODZILLAGOD wrote:Apparently tickets for my amc can be obtained at fandango, except for the debut imax showing, so still have to wait a few days I guess. :sigh:

the24fan
Yojimbo

Post by the24fan »

I finally got my password to work on here again, so first off a shout out to all my fellow Godzilla fans! Nice to be back in the loop.
On point! Under one month to go gentlemen. Just can't believe we are almost nearing the finish line. Almost brings tears to my eyes to be able to witness my childhood favorite in all his computer animated glory!
As to the discussion about tickets: Just bought mine for the IMAX showing at the AMC Westminister Promenade 24 in Colorado for May 17th! 815pm. As they say at this point: BRING IT ON. :huge:

junkerde
Terminated
Terminated

Re: Godzilla 2014

Post by junkerde »

edit: fixed
Last edited by junkerde on Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

Gojira1963
Gotengo Officer

What if you do not like the movie?

Post by Gojira1963 »

I am not sure if this deserves it's own thread but I didn't know where else this could go. So mods please move if you feel this doesn't deserve it's own thread.

With the movie finally out soon after years of waiting and with everyone excited to see it the thought occurred to me that not everyone on this forum will like it. Statistically speaking I have a hard believing that this movie will be liked 100%
So my question is what will you do, If anything, if you do not like the movie?
Liam F.

My science fiction/Fantasy blog. with Godzilla content! http://foleyfunfilmfacts.wordpress.com/

junkerde
Terminated
Terminated

Re: What if you do not like the movie?

Post by junkerde »

then i will say "wow i did not like the movie".

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

junkerde wrote:i will say "wow i did not like the movie".
Great insight junkerde.

I will be extremely disappointed. Especially considering the failure of 16 years ago and all the money they are putting into it. If the movie is a box office failure you can pretty much kiss Godzilla goodbye. So it needs to succeed!!
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

The Oxygen Destroyer
Monsterland Worker

Post by The Oxygen Destroyer »

Isn't it obvious? Everyone will complain here, Toho Kingdom and everywhere else on the internet, similar to how Godzilla 1998 is scrutinized all the time.

Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

Post by Xx_The_Masquerade_xX »

I will be disappointed, but regardless if the general audience ''loves'' it and it restores Godzilla to his former glory i'll be just fine. I have 28 other Godzilla films to appreciate and what i'm hoping most for this film is for it to inspire not only a trilogy but a new age of fans that will appreciate and keep the character alive for another 50/60 years.

Gojira1963
Gotengo Officer

Post by Gojira1963 »

OperatingRain wrote:Isn't it obvious? Everyone will complain here, Toho Kingdom and everywhere else on the internet, similar to how Godzilla 1998 is scrutinized all the time.
My fear is that GINO haters that also hate this movie will have more intense feelings due to their unresolved GINO issues.
Liam F.

My science fiction/Fantasy blog. with Godzilla content! http://foleyfunfilmfacts.wordpress.com/

laserbones
Ronin

Post by laserbones »

I'll blame ToHo Kingdom, of course. :lol:

Godzilla628
G-Grasper

Post by Godzilla628 »

I would be VERY disappointed. I have been waiting for this movie for almost 3 years now. I doubt that I'm not going like it though.

gzilla46
Futurian

Post by gzilla46 »

Godzilla628 wrote:I would be VERY disappointed. I have been waiting for this movie for almost 3 years now. I doubt that I'm not going like it though.
Yeah. When Toho said they liked it, I'm beginning to think it won't be bad.
Shadow Arena Records:

Wins: 1
Losses: 0

KJ Corp
JXSDF Technician

Post by KJ Corp »

I'll move on and get on with life.

and cry in a corner for a long, long time.

EdGojira
E.S.P.Spy

Post by EdGojira »

I just wouldn't talk about it. I have no doubt that I'll enjoy Cranston's performance either way.
How long has it been? I honestly forgot.
TK's resident Ed, Edd n Eddy fan.
http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/new ... 54/9ae.gif
[pic=http://x1.fjcdn.com/comments/lt+courtes ... fa40b3496a

Ōei
Monarch Researcher

Post by Ōei »

toho are a bunch of dirty hoes.

If i don't like it? idk... i'll move on. hopefully in the next 20 years we'll get another good one.

gzilla46
Futurian

Post by gzilla46 »

Well, what would I do if I didn't like the movie? Well, honestly, I wouldn't really trust Hollywood to do a Godzilla movie anymore. They could do a Ultraman, Gamera, heck even Gorgo movie all they want, but I wouldn't trust them with Godzilla anymore.
Shadow Arena Records:

Wins: 1
Losses: 0