The Godzilla General Discussion & Speculation Thread

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
PRIMEVAL
Gotengo Officer

Re: Godzilla name speculation

Post by PRIMEVAL »

Gamera.

Janjira54
Gotengo Officer

Re: The Godzilla General Discussion & Speculation Thread

Post by Janjira54 »

Godzilla 2014 Movie Review (Early Screening): http://youtu.be/vRN_3IUvxCc I found this on YouTube. Not sure if real or fake

PRIMEVAL
Gotengo Officer

Post by PRIMEVAL »

NSZ wrote:
PRIMEVAL wrote:Time sure does fly when gossiping on the latest rumor.
You kiddin', with how slow today felt? X_X

Time is only gonna start slowing down now.
The movie is only a month away now, not like before. The wait is real.

pikmintaro
G-Force Personnel

Post by pikmintaro »

Well since it's about a month till the movie comes out today I'm starting my marathon of Godzilla movies starting with Gojira and then Raids Again the next day, and King Kong vs Godzilla the next, and so on and so forth in order of release until I've gone through all 29 movies (Yes I have them all on DVD, even Return of Godzilla although it's a bootleg with subtitles, and yes I am including the 1998 movie just because :p) so I should be finished with all the movies by the time the movie comes out.

I haven't been posting as much because I get a bit tired of the fandom, and there's not much to reveal now, and I will probably post very sparsely from now till the movie comes out (Although I check each day for news.) I'm really excited for the movie, and incredibly hyped, so I will start Gojira now.

Good night ppl!
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. John 15:13"
Favorite Godzilla movies
Showa Mothra vs Godzilla| Heisei Godzilla vs Destroyer| Millenium Godzilla Final Wars

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

pikmintaro wrote:Well since it's about a month till the movie comes out today I'm starting my marathon of Godzilla movies starting with Gojira and then Raids Again the next day, and King Kong vs Godzilla the next, and so on and so forth in order of release until I've gone through all 29 movies (Yes I have them all on DVD, even Return of Godzilla although it's a bootleg with subtitles, and yes I am including the 1998 movie just because :p) so I should be finished with all the movies by the time the movie comes out.

I haven't been posting as much because I get a bit tired of the fandom, and there's not much to reveal now, and I will probably post very sparsely from now till the movie comes out (Although I check each day for news.) I'm really excited for the movie, and incredibly hyped, so I will start Gojira now.

Good night ppl!
More people made fun GFW? :P
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

The One and Only
Futurian

Post by The One and Only »

Ōei wrote:
Godzilla21 wrote:I've only been on this board since last year but I was a lurker since 2010. I'm hoping this movie is a success and this board will be as active as it is now. I've been on Godzilla message boards for many years and have seen many good ones bite the dust due to low participation. Hoping that won't happen here.
TK has been around since the early 2000s and the forums since 2005 if not earlier. From 2006-2009 there was arguably nothing substantial about a new film. just that Hedorah 3-D rumor that had been around since final wars.
I remember reading back on Thursday, August 13, 2009, the first bit of news over at Arrow In The Head.com about Legendary looking at doing the flick. I think I was practically walking on air that day,and much of the weekend. And now we're so close to finally seeing it. I do admit I kind of felt the same way when G-98 was getting ready to stomp into theaters. Despite a lot of crap thrown at it since D&E were announced I thought it was cool to be going to see a G-Flick in the cineplex. One thing that did temper my reaction to the final product though was knowing from some of the material leaked that showed up in G-FAN, and my own guesswork from seeing the trailers. I figured the Godzilla we'd see in that flick would be something different than the one I think hardcore fans,and even the casual fans were expecting. Didn't know how different though.
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

mattman559
GPN Volunteer

Re: Godzilla name speculation

Post by mattman559 »

since in the film the military first became aware of Godzilla in 1954, they undoubtedly have a nickname for it. Theres no reason why that nickname shouldnt be Godzilla. its not like they were completely unaware of him until 2014, and there wasnt several generations of military personnel to come up with something to call him

Pkmatrix
Futurian

Post by Pkmatrix »

Ōei wrote:He's lying.
Janjira54 wrote:Godzilla 2014 Movie Review (Early Screening): http://youtu.be/vRN_3IUvxCc I found this on YouTube. Not sure if real or fake
It was likely a test screening. They'll be doing them at random theaters across the country over the next month, usually under false names and with no announcement/advertisement beyond someone standing in the theater's lobby asking if you want to go to a test screening.

The neat thing is that this guy may have seen a version of the movie that we WON'T see, because they'll be making edits in response to the test audiences' reactions. I'm jealous! :P :lol:
Chris55 wrote:Early screenings haven't started yet that I know of. BUT I guess it depends on what country this guys is from since distributors handle the film their own way for promo
I'll be really surprised if these aren't test screenings, considering how late it is. I mean, the premiere is only three weeks from today and the general release in only four weeks. If they're going to do test screenings for this movie, now is the time to do it.

HannibalBarca
Gotengo Officer

Post by HannibalBarca »

That video was so pointlessly vague that it could literally have been made by anybody.
In my opinion, of course.

Pkmatrix
Futurian

Post by Pkmatrix »

HannibalBarca wrote:That video was so pointlessly vague that it could literally have been made by anybody.
Ah. I didn't watch it for fear of too many spoilers. :P

HannibalBarca
Gotengo Officer

Post by HannibalBarca »

All he said was "I thought it would be bad, but it was good; it was more japanese than the 1998 american remake; the effects were japanese in nature (???) and the cinematography was good; the pacing was fine; the performances were above average." Nothing substantive or important.
In my opinion, of course.

Godzillasaurus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Godzillasaurus »

I hope that is legit. And I hope that, if it is, the movie that he saw wasn't too far off from ours

Janjira54
Gotengo Officer

Post by Janjira54 »

Yeah, he was very vague through out the whole review. But if he's being truthful, its a very good sign

Ōei
Monarch Researcher

Post by Ōei »

I have big doubts.

SoleMan
G-Grasper

Post by SoleMan »

Okay, so an idea came to me today. Here's what I think would be the perfect ending:

Godzilla goes through everything: destroys most of America, fights the other monsters, kills the military and all opposition. At the end he goes to Area 51 or something similar (Underground, y'know) tears up the whole place, kills everybody there, and rips open one of their tanks to reveal Goji Jr. trapped in their clutches. He saves his son and heads out into the ocean with him.

I apologize if anyone else came up with that and said it loudly, but I really think that would be cool. I know they won't do it because...well...that would make sense, and sense is something Hollywood ran out of long ago.
Before it can be filmed, drawn, acted or programed, it must be written.

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

SoleMan wrote:Okay, so an idea came to me today. Here's what I think would be the perfect ending:

Godzilla goes through everything: destroys most of America, fights the other monsters, kills the military and all opposition. At the end he goes to Area 51 or something similar (Underground, y'know) tears up the whole place, kills everybody there, and rips open one of their tanks to reveal Goji Jr. trapped in their clutches. He saves his son and heads out into the ocean with him.

I apologize if anyone else came up with that and said it loudly, but I really think that would be cool. I know they won't do it because...well...that would make sense, and sense is something Hollywood ran out of long ago.

Um.... :eh:
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

Dorkzilla
GPN Volunteer

Post by Dorkzilla »

SoleMan wrote:Okay, so an idea came to me today. Here's what I think would be the perfect ending:

I am glad that you do not appear to be anywhere near to Hollywood. Or any big script-writing groups in general.

EdGojira
E.S.P.Spy

Post by EdGojira »

How long has it been? I honestly forgot.
TK's resident Ed, Edd n Eddy fan.
http://i3.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/new ... 54/9ae.gif
[pic=http://x1.fjcdn.com/comments/lt+courtes ... fa40b3496a

junkerde
Terminated
Terminated

Post by junkerde »

Dorkzilla wrote:

I am glad that you do not appear to be anywhere near to Hollywood. Or any big script-writing groups in general.
I agree with you Dork

LiquidG
Terminated
Terminated

Post by LiquidG »

TK's official member of the "Three L's of the Apocalypse"