Official Mass Effect 3 Topic

For the discussion of video games not produced by, or related to, Toho and their films.

Official Mass Effect 3 Topic

Postby Lone Wolf 117 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:32 pm

Watch the Reveal Trailer Now!

Earth is burning. Striking from beyond known space, a race of terrifying machines have begun their destruction of the human race. As Commander Shepard, an Alliance Marine, your only hope for saving mankind is to rally the civilizations of the galaxy and launch one final mission to take back the Earth.

http://pc.ign.com/articles/113/1139650p1.html

I'm extremely excited for the conclusion to the trilogy; however much I don't want it to be the end of the Shepard story. The reveal tralier will likely be shown tomorrow night during the VGA's.
TK's Most Dedicated Halo Fan
Lone Wolf 117
Ronin

Re: Official Mass Effect 3 Topic

Postby gvamp » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:54 am

We already have an official ME topic

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=912

Kind of figured it'd get annouced pretty soon. Most likely we'll get a teaser tonight on Spike's VGAs.
optimum in mundi
Click this for me: http://rewardgalaxy.com/?ref=637260

gvamp
E.S.P.Spy

Geiger Counter

Postby Lone Wolf 117 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:39 pm

gvamp wrote:We already have an official ME topic

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=912

I'm well aware, but that one's more for the general "discussion" of the series.

I intended this one to be TK's information center for Mass Effect 3 alone. Such as news on plot updates, character classes, new squad members (if there'll be any), and other stuff like that.

Such as:
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/113/1139737p1.html

I know it's not much of an update, but I agree with it entirely and its a nice insight of what to possibly expect.
Lone Wolf 117
Ronin

Postby Gorosaurus Rex » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:47 pm

I'm so excited for this game. I hope it has a lengthy campaign, and wraps up the story well. I have a feeling a lot of people won't make it out of this one alive.
SuperSaiyan4Godzilla wrote:And Godzilla isn't Pixar. The latter deals with children. The former deals with adults who behave like children.
Gorosaurus Rex
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby GodzillavsJason » Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:01 pm

I can't wait for this game too I hope everyone from mass effect 2 is in the third to be honest i havent played one yet but im going too and i hope everyone one lives from mass effect 2 to mass effect 3 except for jack, jack sucks. But i can't wait for this game to come out.
52 wins and 27 loses
TK's Number 1 Mass Effect fan!

I survived both 11/22/13 and 11/25/13 .

GodzillavsJason
Radioactive

Geiger Counter

Postby Lone Wolf 117 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:21 am

Ladies and Gentlemen I give you: Mass Effect 3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WcQvjTcxY0

Might just be the normal promo CG trailer, but it's a mere taste of what's to come.

I'm still wondering how the hell the Reapers entered the galaxy, undetected, and got straight to Earth though.

My Own Speculation:

Reapers have cloaking generators (somewhat unlikely, they don't really have a need for them)

the Reapers entered the galaxy at a point where they would instantly be on Earth's doorstep (the most likely scenario, however Bioware would have to come up with a good explanation)

the Reapers used a Mass Relay on the edge of the galaxy that led straight to the Sol system and fought through our defenses to get to Earth
Lone Wolf 117
Ronin

Postby Gorosaurus Rex » Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:49 am

I'm worried this game will feel rushed. With such an urgent back drop, I feel like we'll miss alot of the quiet stuff that made Mass Effect 1 and 2 so great.
SuperSaiyan4Godzilla wrote:And Godzilla isn't Pixar. The latter deals with children. The former deals with adults who behave like children.
Gorosaurus Rex
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Lone Wolf 117 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 10:58 am

Gorosaurus Rex wrote:I'm worried this game will feel rushed. With such an urgent back drop, I feel like we'll miss alot of the quiet stuff that made Mass Effect 1 and 2 so great.

You know, I don't think the back drop will make it feel rushed and here's why:

What I'm thinking now is that the Reapers attack Earth at the very beginning and basically wipe it out, crush it's defenses into nothing. Then they're just going to sit there and let Shepard go ahead and unite the galaxy and bring them the best fight he can muster.

Now I know that the Reapers are extremely deliberate and thorough (cutting off the Protheans' communications 50,000 years before so they couldn't coordinate), but now I think with the Saren/Sovereign and Collector failures they're forgoing they're cold and calculating "logic" to get a little payback. Now that they have it (ie taking out Earth) they've gotten a little arrogant.

In other words their all like "Hey we just took out the Human homeworld, we're invincible, go ahead and try to stop us" and it's because of this that I think they're going to let Shepard gather whatever backup he can to have one final battle to determine the fate of the galaxy.

And that Gorosaurus is where we'll get our "quiet-all-the-time-in-the-world" moments.

Then again I could be totally wrong, only time will tell.
Lone Wolf 117
Ronin

Re: Official Mass Effect 3 Topic (Watch the Reveal Trailer)

Postby Proofpoochie » Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:25 pm

Yes! Finally! I can't wait! I'm glad we won't have to wait that long.
Xbox Live Gamertag: Proofpoochie
Proofpoochie
JXSDF Technician

Postby Hellspawn28 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 12:39 pm

Hard to believe they are doing another when the second game came out 12 months ago.
Hellspawn28
Seatopian Demigod

Postby Gorosaurus Rex » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:36 pm

The thing is is that Mass Effect was designed as a trilogy. The story has been in writing for years. Also, in 2 the team made a really good game system. Fix some bugs, streamline it, make the new missions, voice act. Doesn't take THAT long.
Gorosaurus Rex
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby gvamp » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:09 pm

Lone Wolf 117 wrote:
Gorosaurus Rex wrote:I'm worried this game will feel rushed. With such an urgent back drop, I feel like we'll miss alot of the quiet stuff that made Mass Effect 1 and 2 so great.

You know, I don't think the back drop will make it feel rushed and here's why:

What I'm thinking now is that the Reapers attack Earth at the very beginning and basically wipe it out, crush it's defenses into nothing. Then they're just going to sit there and let Shepard go ahead and unite the galaxy and bring them the best fight he can muster.

Now I know that the Reapers are extremely deliberate and thorough (cutting off the Protheans' communications 50,000 years before so they couldn't coordinate), but now I think with the Saren/Sovereign and Collector failures they're forgoing they're cold and calculating "logic" to get a little payback. Now that they have it (ie taking out Earth) they've gotten a little arrogant.

In other words their all like "Hey we just took out the Human homeworld, we're invincible, go ahead and try to stop us" and it's because of this that I think they're going to let Shepard gather whatever backup he can to have one final battle to determine the fate of the galaxy.

And that Gorosaurus is where we'll get our "quiet-all-the-time-in-the-world" moments.

Then again I could be totally wrong, only time will tell.

Maybe the ending of ME2 was a diversion so they could attack Earth?
optimum in mundi

gvamp
E.S.P.Spy

Geiger Counter

Postby Lone Wolf 117 » Tue Dec 14, 2010 1:15 pm

gvamp wrote:Maybe the ending of ME2 was a diversion so they could attack Earth?

If you're referring to Shepard's assault on the Collector base then I don't think so, 'cause right after we wipe 'em out we see the Reapers wake up out in dark space and start the long trek towards our galaxy.

I will; however, admit that it's unknown at what exact period of time the Reapers wake up, although it's heavily assumed that it is RIGHT after Shepard stops the Collectors.

But if you're referring to the Reaper fleet awakening and moving on our galaxy, then maybe as the main Reaper force enters the Milky Way it tips off Citadel space and calls for a battle on the fringe of the galaxy, which would be the perfect diversion for a smaller fleet to attack Earth.

I do have to say, though, that as sound as a diversion theory is I don't think it's the plot route Bioware is taking with ME3.
Lone Wolf 117
Ronin

Postby gvamp » Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:51 pm

Supposdely ME2 DLC planned to be released will bridge the gap between ME2 and ME3 so I say just wait for that.
optimum in mundi

gvamp
E.S.P.Spy

Geiger Counter

Postby Gorosaurus Rex » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:02 pm

DLC is taking forever. Shadow Broker was fun, but damn I need my Mass Effect fix.
Gorosaurus Rex
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby Leunames » Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:53 pm

Less than 24 hours away. I have a bunch of saves from me2 that i need to sift through and see which one i import first. I know for sure i have a shepard that ever since i picked up me 1 in 2007, has been nice to the aliens: save the rachni queen, aid the krogan, save the destiny ascension. I did destroy the collector base at the end of me 1 though.

Anyway, EXCITED for this epic game.
Bandai 8" King Seesar w/tag
Bandai 6" Orga w/tag
Bandai GMK Theater exclusives
for sale @ skreeonk.com marketplace

Leunames
Interpol Agent

Geiger Counter

Postby Crocodile » Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:22 pm

Eh I have multiple saves, but honestly
Don't expect my choices to matter, so I'll just playthrough with different classes.
Tik Tock, Tik Tock

Riders > Ponies
Crocodile
G-Force Lieutenant

Postby GodzillavsJason » Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:44 pm

I can't wait to get this game and I'm almost done with doing one last play through before ME3 comes out
52 wins and 27 loses
TK's Number 1 Mass Effect fan!

I survived both 11/22/13 and 11/25/13 .

GodzillavsJason
Radioactive

Geiger Counter

Postby miguelnuva » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:47 am

I'm going to do one more save file.

Have one for me I'm paragon with slight renegade

My brother is full renegade, my cousin is the same as me but a little more renegade and I'm making a new save with all the wrong choices on purpose.
The one thing I want to see in life,TOHO buy Gamera.

Shadow Area 1-0

miguelnuva
E.S.P.Spy

Geiger Counter

Postby HeiseiGodzilla117 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:45 am

Pre-Ordered this as a b-day present for my brother. He's a HUGE Mass Effect fan. I like it too, so I'm looking forward to playing it.
HeiseiGodzilla117
E.S.P.Spy

Next

Return to Video Game Hub