Official Godzilla Trailer/TV Spots Thread

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
GojiMet86
GPN Volunteer

Re: Official Godzilla Trailer Thread

Post by GojiMet86 »

Lain Of The Wired wrote:
ScootaVaran wrote:
Varan Bon Ziller wrote:WINGS = RODAN
You guys are nuts. It's clearly the Gaint Condor!
I thought so too, but after a hardcore analysis, I've come to the conclusion that it MUST be Gyaos
I object to your inherently flawed study. You are clearly biased against Dagahra.

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

It is crazy how much the flying Muto looks like Rodan. It looks nothing like your flying insects.
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

Motorheadbanger
Monsterland Worker

Post by Motorheadbanger »

ScootaVaran wrote:look closer....
My God, It's true!
Nonsense. Just look at it; it's as big as a battleship, so it must be the Giant Claw.
Rex Dart, Eskimo Spy

Tim85
EDF Instructor

Post by Tim85 »

Awesome, just awesome. I was speechless after seeing it. This is definitely a Thursday night early screening for me for sure! I'm going to see if I can drag a few buddies as one of them, while not a Godzilla fan, has the movie under his "to see" on Facebook. I hope to save an empty seat next to me for Dad.

Mr. Edwards: so far, so good.
I was mentioned in the SciFi Japan article about the appearence of extras on the Godzilla vs. Megalon DVD.

http://www.scifijapan.com/articles/2012 ... p-mystery/

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

Wow, I'm not even joking anymore, it's almost in the same exact flight pose, lol. :lol:
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

Berzerkgodzilla
G-Grasper

Post by Berzerkgodzilla »

Get off work. See this. Nothing but pure and utter joy. :huge:

blaze
Samurai

Post by blaze »

Lol the giant claw

Rodan's design is just a generic pterosaur costume, anything with wings and reptilian-like will look like Rodan, don't look too much into a shot of the MUTO from very far away in which we can't distinguish anything but it's shape.

AVERY GUERRA
JXSDF Technician

Post by AVERY GUERRA »

Godzilla165 wrote:Because we know now that Rodan has secretly been able to bloody swim all this time, right guys? :lol:
Wow have you never seen the first "Rodan"?? The kaiju dives under water to avoid jets and stays under the water for some time...No one's saying he can swim but that the creatures looks to be diving into the ocean after defeating the jets much like in the original "Rodan":

Exactly why I don't often comment on forums but to share news.. I never knew before joining them how nerds[fanboys/geeks - and I use that term to describe myself too] can actually be such bullies too...I always thought that bullies picked on the nerds... Someone offers an opinion or a thought on something then everyone feels they have to team up and tear them a knew one or all get together and riff on them because they feel they're some sort of expert on Japanese made films from their parents' basement in Trashtown, Tennessee. I really feel for the newbie fans this film draws to the kaiju fan boards...Those that aren't "experts" on the subject. Once they come on and make some uneducated comment on the films then the wolf pack comes in for the kill. It's sad that these message boards that are formed for friendly conversation and sharing but are mostly just used to troll and attack. Anyways, I was just offering food for thought. No, wings don't necessarily equal "Rodan" but the resemblence to me and obviously many others hence that "io9" article is a bit uncanny. Anyways just a thought I wanted to share to hopefully get some nice conversation/friendly speculation started on the idea or to get others to speculate on what the mysterious kaiju is. Not something I posted to draw this ridiculous backlash that always seems to occur.

Last edited by AVERY GUERRA on Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PraetorianGuard
Samurai

Post by PraetorianGuard »

Did anyone notice the Mothra twins in the wreckage in the Las Vegas scene around 34? If you zoom in to the left, you see two very similar figures wearing pink. Could that be an easter egg?

ScootaVaran
EDF Instructor

Post by ScootaVaran »

They were firefighters.

* To slow.

Not gonna lie though, It would cool if it was a little *nudge, nudge, wink, wink* to the fans.
Last edited by ScootaVaran on Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The quickest way into a woman's bed is through her parents. Have sex with them and you're in. -Zapp Brannigan
For some Coffee inspired art, viewtopic.php?f=19&t=11147

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

blaze wrote:Lol the giant claw

Rodan's design is just a generic pterosaur costume
Generic pterosaur?
and this...
Oh my god... you're right, he looks JUST like a generic pterosaur...
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

PraetorianGuard wrote:Did anyone notice the Mothra twins in the wreckage in the Las Vegas scene around 34? If you zoom in to the left, you see two very similar figures wearing pink. Could that be an easter egg?
Chris55 pointed out they were firefighters I think. I had guessed (when pointed out) that they were just dancers.

PraetorianGuard
Samurai

Maverick Centigrade wrote:
PraetorianGuard wrote:Did anyone notice the Mothra twins in the wreckage in the Las Vegas scene around 34? If you zoom in to the left, you see two very similar figures wearing pink. Could that be an easter egg?
Chris55 pointed out they were firefighters I think. I had guessed (when pointed out) that they were just dancers.
Well, maybe it was a slight nod to the Mothra twins if anything...

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

I fucking love the fact Godzilla's big fatass body causes tsunamis when entering bays. That there was an "OH SHIT" moment for me on my first viewing.

ScootaVaran
EDF Instructor

Post by ScootaVaran »

PraetorianGuard wrote:
Maverick Centigrade wrote:
Well, maybe it was a slight nod to the Mothra twins if anything...
Yeah, alot of us was hoping for that, but then dreamkiller Chris55 came along..

JK
The quickest way into a woman's bed is through her parents. Have sex with them and you're in. -Zapp Brannigan
For some Coffee inspired art, viewtopic.php?f=19&t=11147

Sir Butterbeans
G-Force Personnel

Post by Sir Butterbeans »

Maverick Centigrade wrote:I skreeonk love the fact Godzilla's big fatass body causes tsunamis when entering bays. That there was an "OH SHIT" moment for me on my first viewing.
Godzilla's not fat. He's just big-boned.
My Favorite Album...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVV_3Z1mp_c&app=desktop

Josh Homme wrote:Fear is the hand that pulls your strings
a useless toy, pitiful plaything
TK's Resident Gorillaz and QOTSA Fan!

Giga Kaiju
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Giga Kaiju »

My reaction while watching the trailer, pretty much.

UNSTOPPABLE FURY. UNTHINKABLE POWER. UNBREAKABLE WILL.
tymon wrote:Man, it really makes me laugh when I remember that all this drama is centered around a fictional, giant atomic monster. Damn you, Godzilla!
Gawdziller wrote:Doesn't matter what's moot or not. We'll just move onto the next thing to bitch about, then tangent onto something unrelated and bitch about that, and get trollbaited back on topic so we can bitch some more. It's the circle of life.

20th Century Boy
Futurian

Post by 20th Century Boy »

AVERY GUERRA wrote: Exactly why I don't often comment on forums but to share news.. I never knew before joining them how nerds[fanboys/geeks - and I use that term to describe myself too] can actually be such bullies too...I always thought that bullies picked on the nerds... Someone offers an opinion or a thought on something then everyone feels they have to team up and tear them a knew one or all get together and riff on them because they feel they're some sort of expert on Japanese made films from their parents' basement in Trashtown, Tennessee. I really feel for the newbie fans this film draws to the kaiju fan boards...Those that aren't "experts" on the subject. Once they come on and make some uneducated comment on the films then the wolf pack comes in for the kill. It's sad that these message boards that are formed for friendly conversation and sharing but are mostly just used to troll and attack. Anyways, I was just offering food for thought. No, wings don't necessarily equal "Rodan" but the resemblence to me and obviously many others hence that "io9" article is a bit uncanny. Anyways just a thought I wanted to share to hopefully get some nice conversation/friendly speculation started on the idea or to get others to speculate on what the mysterious kaiju is. Not something I posted to draw this ridiculous backlash that always seems to occur.
Online bullying at newbies is certainly disheartening and is the reason why I didn't join this board right away despite spending half a year lurking on it. But it's something that just comes with the Internet and I've since learned to accept that. Personally, one of the main reasons I'm still here is to counterbalance the negative feedback against newbie fans. If all the "decent" people stop interacting on forums like these, they're all filtered out and we're left with nothing but bullies who pick on the newbies. So quitting because of bad behavior isn't always the best way to go. At the very least, the nice people could set examples and others may follow on this accepted behavior. I've seen some people here treat new members quite nicely recently and I've also seen the opposite. We should follow the example of the former and break the balance. ;)

Anyways, I doubt anybody cares because I am but one of the hundreds of G-fans who saw the trailer today, but I am going to share my thoughts because I don't want to do any homework right now! :lol:

-First time I saw it, I was too much in awe to comprehend anything. My brain didn't absorb anything because my excitement overshadowed my ability to think, so I had to watch it again! >.>

-The CGI isn't that bad, but it doesn't look up to standards for 2014 either. 'Tis but a trailer, though.

-Finally seeing Godzilla's face in actual movie footage was satisfying. I was never a huge fan of this design, but that face was really something...

-I think it's pretty dumb that all those hydrogen and atomic bomb tests in the Pacific all turned out to be attempts to kill Godzilla. The nuclear tests were pretty well documented; just open up a report on of one online (there are many released by the government) and you'll see that they're pretty well-documented. I know it's just a movie, but overriding that part of reality does not go down well with my suspension of disbelief. Did I just use a triple negative???

-Oh yeah, and it's pretty awesome!

PraetorianGuard
Samurai

20th Century Boy wrote:
AVERY GUERRA wrote: Exactly why I don't often comment on forums but to share news.. I never knew before joining them how nerds[fanboys/geeks - and I use that term to describe myself too] can actually be such bullies too...I always thought that bullies picked on the nerds... Someone offers an opinion or a thought on something then everyone feels they have to team up and tear them a knew one or all get together and riff on them because they feel they're some sort of expert on Japanese made films from their parents' basement in Trashtown, Tennessee. I really feel for the newbie fans this film draws to the kaiju fan boards...Those that aren't "experts" on the subject. Once they come on and make some uneducated comment on the films then the wolf pack comes in for the kill. It's sad that these message boards that are formed for friendly conversation and sharing but are mostly just used to troll and attack. Anyways, I was just offering food for thought. No, wings don't necessarily equal "Rodan" but the resemblence to me and obviously many others hence that "io9" article is a bit uncanny. Anyways just a thought I wanted to share to hopefully get some nice conversation/friendly speculation started on the idea or to get others to speculate on what the mysterious kaiju is. Not something I posted to draw this ridiculous backlash that always seems to occur.
Online bullying at newbies is certainly disheartening and is the reason why I didn't join this board right away despite spending half a year lurking on it. But it's something that just comes with the Internet and I've since learned to accept that. Personally, one of the main reasons I'm still here is to counterbalance the negative feedback against newbie fans. If all the "decent" people stop interacting on forums like these, they're all filtered out and we're left with nothing but bullies who pick on the newbies. So quitting because of bad behavior isn't always the best way to go. At the very least, the nice people could set examples and others may follow on this accepted behavior. I've seen some people here treat new members quite nicely recently and I've also seen the opposite. We should follow the example of the former and break the balance. ;)

Anyways, I doubt anybody cares because I am but one of the hundreds of G-fans who saw the trailer today, but I am going to share my thoughts because I don't want to do any homework right now! :lol:

-First time I saw it, I was too much in awe to comprehend anything. My brain didn't absorb anything because my excitement overshadowed my ability to think, so I had to watch it again! >.>

-The CGI isn't that bad, but it doesn't look up to standards for 2014 either. 'Tis but a trailer, though.

-Finally seeing Godzilla's face in actual movie footage was satisfying. I was never a huge fan of this design, but that face was really something...

-I think it's pretty dumb that all those hydrogen and atomic bomb tests in the Pacific all turned out to be attempts to kill Godzilla. The nuclear tests were pretty well documented; just open up a report on of one online (there are many released by the government) and you'll see that they're pretty well-documented. I know it's just a movie, but overriding that part of reality does not go down well with my suspension of disbelief. Did I just use a triple negative???

-Oh yeah, and it's pretty awesome!
Doesn't that play into the cover up theory though? The government can document something but leave out key facts...even when classifying things, you usually leave out highly sensitive/compartmentalized information in generic reports.

20th Century Boy
Futurian

Post by 20th Century Boy »

^ Yeah, but there's more to it than just covering it up. The nuclear test reports contain every tiny detail about the test detonations, right down to the kilotons on each trial and effects of the waves emitted and a detailed summary of the impact. I've seen some while doing some school reports, and they look really difficult to fake. Still, it's just a movie, I guess.