The Godzilla General Discussion & Speculation Thread

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
GR8GODZILLAGOD
Gotengo Officer

Re: The Godzilla General Discussion & Speculation Thread

Post by GR8GODZILLAGOD »

Whelp that debunks that Ghidorah post-credits scene rumor.
Living Corpse wrote:Stop feeding the Mutos nukes!

attilagodzilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by attilagodzilla »

I am planning on watching GODZILLA98 before or after i have seen the new movie just to compare the two
one of the few Godzilla fans from holland
Top 5 godzilla movies:
Gojira
Shin Godzilla
GMK
Godzilla vs mechagodzilla 1974
Ghidorah the 3 headed monster

Can of Conspiracy
JXSDF Technician

Post by Can of Conspiracy »

GFAN198423 wrote:
Can of Conspiracy wrote:Guys... can someone please tell me what the word "bogey" means in this context? It's in a spoilerish as hell paragraph.
Military . an unidentified aircraft or missile, especially one detected as a blip on a radar screen.
Gawdziller wrote:In that context, I believe "bogey" is military lingo for an unknown craft.
Godzilla 1995 wrote:Bogey is a term for hostile military aircraft, popularized by the British during the WWII era.
Thanks, guys. This Muto
Spoiler:
shouldn't be able to fly yet
, though.
goblin shark (plural goblin sharks) [ˈgɒblɪn shärk'], noun:
1. a shark with a long pointed obstruction from forehead and growing to 3.8 meters in length; Mitsukurina owstoni.
2. not a reference to Guiron.

Grizilla
Monarch Researcher

Post by Grizilla »

Chris55 wrote:
GR8GODZILLAGOD wrote:Whelp that debunks that Ghidorah post-credits scene rumor.
Never heard that rumor.

Edwards lurks the board. Maybe he'll pop out and laugh at that one.

He lurks the board? I better put some clothes on then!

Grizilla
Monarch Researcher

Post by Grizilla »

^ well if that's how gawdziller is gunna roll. Then

*spread eagles legs* I'm ready for your close up Mr. Edwards!

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

Gawdziller wrote:
Chris55 wrote:
Never heard that rumor.

It was one of Snowden's latest pieces of bullshi...er...I mean exclusive script info.
:eh:

Snowdens stuff has been proven correct up until this point. We will see about the after credits scene when the movie comes out.
Last edited by Godzilla21 on Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

Well I actually printed some peices of his script and I'd say I see some stuff is spot on.
Follow The #MoreMonsterVerse Twitter Movement!

Link: https://twitter.com/ExpandtheMV?s=09

We Can Make A Difference! Fans Have A Voice!

pikmintaro
G-Force Personnel

Post by pikmintaro »

Godzilla21 wrote:
Gawdziller wrote:
Chris55 wrote: Never heard that rumor.
It was one of Snowden's latest pieces of bullshi...er...I mean exclusive script info.
?? Snowdens stuff has been proven correct up until this point. We will see about the after credits scene when the movie comes out.
The trailer proved without a doubt that he did indeed have an old version of the script, even if only one of the scenes in the trailer was in the script it would have been shown to be legit, but we got at least four or five scenes in that trailer that were described in detail in the script, and the info we got from people who saw the newest footage confirms even more of what was in the script (Not to mention the Jakks Pacific Box description of his origin.)

However all the latest stuff he posted... seems the newer stuff was just messing with us, and he didn't have any pictures of the script to prove it the second time either, of course I started questioning it the moment he mentioned
Spoiler:
that the humans would have masers in the film, I mean masers? seriously?
Last edited by pikmintaro on Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. John 15:13"
Favorite Godzilla movies
Showa Mothra vs Godzilla| Heisei Godzilla vs Destroyer| Millenium Godzilla Final Wars

Mr. X
Keizer

Post by Mr. X »

gatorzilla wrote: Making Him a Character with Layers
Gawdziller wrote:
Chris55 wrote:
Never heard that rumor.

Do people still even listen to him?

I could've told ya that was bullshit.
G2000 wrote:
2004Zilla wrote:May God have mercy on this site.
He's given up
2009MECHAGODZILLA wrote:
G2000 wrote:What about leeks? Can we post leeks?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... 3/Leek.jpg
http://orig02.deviantart.net/f900/f/201 ... 9nqjrv.png

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

Gawdziller wrote:
Chris55 wrote:
Never heard that rumor.

Do people still even listen to him?

I could've told ya that was bullshit.[/quote]

You obviously didn't read anything that Pik just said. At least 5-6 scenes that Snowden described were in the trailer.
SpaceG92 wrote:

Mr. X
Keizer

Post by Mr. X »

Godzilla21 wrote:You obviously didn't read anything that Pik just said. At least 5-6 scenes that Snowden described were in the trailer.
No, I didn't, as he posted that at the same time I made my post. Nor do I care. He's still a lying dick.
Chris55 wrote:
pikmintaro wrote:?? Snowdens stuff has been proven correct up until this point. We will see about the after credits scene when the movie comes out.

There is no post end credits scene
Yeah I think I'd believe Edwards over someone known for spewing bullshit ("Gamera - The Guardian").
G2000 wrote:
He's given up
2009MECHAGODZILLA wrote:

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

Mr. X wrote:
Godzilla21 wrote:You obviously didn't read anything that Pik just said. At least 5-6 scenes that Snowden described were in the trailer.
No, I didn't, as he posted that at the same time I made my post. Nor do I care. He's still a lying dick.
So you called him a liar before you even knew anything about the script and the trailer? Not very informed of you :D
SpaceG92 wrote:

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

Edwards said he didn't want to have a post credit scene, he seems keen on the movie being contained within the run of the film, no extras you have to stick around for.

I wonder if he'd end this movie like Monsters where it just kind of stops.

pikmintaro
G-Force Personnel

Post by pikmintaro »

Godzilla21 wrote:
Mr. X wrote:
So you called him a liar before you even knew anything about the script and the trailer? Not very informed of you :D
I'm not trying to defend Snowden's character, I think he acted like a childish hypocrite many times, but the information he provided AT FIRST turned out to be true (Or at least a Skreeonk ton of scenes from the trailer which turned out to match his script, and something that people mentioned about the footage they saw from yesterday which I won't mention here), after that I think was all made up by him, I was talking about this in the thread over at Monster Zero, and one of the mods came in and said.
MouthForWar wrote:I'm not sure where Snow's sources came from but now that he's gone I guess I should probably make it public that his IP address matched that of one of the posters from the thankfully defunct troll website some site, who crashed the MZ forums some time ago. Yes, some of his things have come true, but as they say in the Exorcist, evil mixes truths and falsehoods to confuse. Take everything with a grain of salt.
So I think he did get an earlier version of the script somehow, but that's it, I don't have much respect for him though, and I'm going to stop talking about since I think it's time to put it to rest.
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. John 15:13"
Favorite Godzilla movies
Showa Mothra vs Godzilla| Heisei Godzilla vs Destroyer| Millenium Godzilla Final Wars

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

Varan Bon Ziller wrote:Just so we're clear- Looks like his EARLY stuff was legit.

Now he's probably just bullshitting us.

Either way he's an attention whore and douche nozzle.
Not sure how he's a douche. Or excuse me "douche nozzle".

Guy posted some legitimate early script pages and we all got to learn some cool insider stuff about the movie.

The new stuff he posted might be all lies but perhaps things changed from the time he got his "2nd script" to now.

They certainly did change from his first script to now. Ex. Dr. Honda's name being changed to Dr. Swerizawa
SpaceG92 wrote:

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

But Dr. Serizawa appears to be in the movie. Atleast thats what those pics from that Mexico Roadshow thing said.
Follow The #MoreMonsterVerse Twitter Movement!

Link: https://twitter.com/ExpandtheMV?s=09

We Can Make A Difference! Fans Have A Voice!

Starsteam
Keizer

Post by Starsteam »

He wants attention, that's easy to assume. He was like that with the first script too (the only script he had IMHO). The way he spoon-fed us information, he wanted us to keep coming back, look to him. If I had a leaked script I sure wouldn't keep it to myself like that. I'd spill it all in one post.

Now he's out of things to say, and people are no longer giving him their ears. And few will remember or care what he did once May is gone.

Mr. X
Keizer

Post by Mr. X »

He is a doochebag, and anyone defending him and thinking he's not is kidding themselves. Yeah, it looks like he did get an early copy of the script. Many fans would love to have the privilege to access early scripts. But it's been made very clear now he also spreading BS he made up amongst the facts. He's the only one sharing the script to the public and decides to make up stuff, knowing people will believe it and take his word for it because he revealed some actual facts... that's really dick. Luckily we've been fortunate enough to learn that he's doing this before we really did expect to see something like Ghidorah in the post-credits scene.

I would disregard everything he's said, regardless of whether he's been right before in the past. You could get your hopes up, hoping to see something he said would be there, and be horribly disappointed when it's not. Or, you can be pleasantly surprised if it does turn out to be real. Either way, it'd be best to forget him.
G2000 wrote:
He's given up
2009MECHAGODZILLA wrote:

Godzilla628
G-Grasper

Post by Godzilla628 »

Those footage descriptions sound absolutely incredible. Everything sounds so awesome! :D

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

onechildleftbehind wrote:Well, ever wonder why snowden was banished from here in the first place? because he was a douche

and wonder why he was also banned from monster zero forums when he came back? it was also because he was a douche.
He was banned on MZ for having multiple accounts. Against the rules. Not because of his behavior.

And he was being a dick here to people but let's be honest, he was thoroughly attacked by several members here FIRST. He was just reacting and defending himself. Although there is much to be said about his lack of diplomatic responses to those here.
SpaceG92 wrote: