Monster Discussion: Hedorah (Final Wars)

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1999 to 2015.
Tohosaurus
E.S.P.Spy

Re: Monster Discussion: Hedorah (Final Wars)

Post by Tohosaurus »

Call be biased because the 1971 movie is among my favorite Godzilla films, but this portrayal of Hedorah made little sense. Hedorah is an alien life form that feeds on humanity's pollution with theoretically no end to its size or power. Here it's given a short cameo wherein it's easily defeated. It makes no sense. Even if it was more powerful and the battle lasted longer, it still is a conspicuously odd selection for a monster that casually resides on Earth. It's literally the equivalent of having King Ghidorah just a normal Earth monster.

I vote yes to seeing Hedorah in a film again, but the character's theme and power demands a top-tier treatment, not a supporting one as shown here. All that aside, I agree with CoC's statement of the background Hedorah music as being likable.
고질라

한국, 일본: 친교

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. -Ian Maclaren

ScootaVaran
EDF Instructor

Post by ScootaVaran »

It's a horrible suit!
For Goodness sakes, there's a penis hanging off it's head!

The quickest way into a woman's bed is through her parents. Have sex with them and you're in. -Zapp Brannigan
For some Coffee inspired art, viewtopic.php?f=19&t=11147

shippersdreamer
Interpol Agent

Post by shippersdreamer »

ScootaVaran wrote:It's a horrible suit!

http://i1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd4 ... ed4549.jpg
W-...I.. :shock: Oh dear..
"Look out, it's the most fearsome monster on the planet! Gezora..."

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

shippersdreamer wrote:
ScootaVaran wrote:It's a horrible suit!

http://i1221.photobucket.com/albums/dd4 ... ed4549.jpg
W-...I.. :shock: Oh dear..
oh my........daddy hedorah?
Resized Image

Stevo_1985
JXSDF Technician

Post by Stevo_1985 »

I personally hate the film, I may have enjoyed it more if they did it more DAM style and not a godzilla meets the matrix. Wasn't only Hedorah who was disrespect if you asked me, every Kaiju was. I can't believe they put the time no to making these costumes for a mere 10 second cameo.

Sorry Kiryu
#Notmymechagodzilla

TyrantGojira
EDF Instructor

Post by TyrantGojira »

Curious... why was there an after credit scene where it shows him attacking a city where it was quite obvious that he was killed?
"Am I glad he's frozen in there and that we're out here, and that he's the sheriff, and that we're frozen out here, and that we're in there and I just remembered we're out here. What I wanna know is where's the caveman?"

Tohosaurus
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Tohosaurus »

TyrantGojira wrote:Curious... why was there an after credit scene where it shows him attacking a city where it was quite obvious that he was killed?
Don't fully remember, but I think some/all of that stuff when the credits rolled was unused footage. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
고질라

한국, 일본: 친교

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. -Ian Maclaren

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

Tohosaurus wrote:
TyrantGojira wrote:Curious... why was there an after credit scene where it shows him attacking a city where it was quite obvious that he was killed?
Don't fully remember, but I think some/all of that stuff when the credits rolled was unused footage. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
it was. their apparently was supposed to me a semi lengthy sequence where hedorah is destroying part of the city and godzilla fights him
Resized Image

Dillyziller
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Dillyziller »

Beef Bigshot wrote:
Tohosaurus wrote:
it was. their apparently was supposed to me a semi lengthy sequence where hedorah is destroying part of the city and godzilla fights him
A shame it was cut too.
^This post in sexually offensive.

shippersdreamer
Interpol Agent

This is a prime example of the movie not having enough love it should've got. It cut out lots of material like showing Hedorah and showing the suit off, and other stuff.

So, is this the same Hedorah or is this a different one?

three
Keizer

Post by three »

Different. Final wars ignores previous installments like most of the other films.

He looked like crap then, he looks like crap now, but this time he fought like crap too. Shame. Shouldn't have been in the film.
:pokeball: :cookie: :mechagodzilla: "I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen" ~ Charlie Sheen

Gojira is:Very Hiroshima®
axnyslie wrote:I read that too quickly I though you said land MINES. Yes they are still out there so step lightly!
Well, I've read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: 'live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual. ~ Lydia Deetz

sir isaac newton is the deadliest son - of - a - bitch in space.

shippersdreamer
Interpol Agent

three wrote:Different. Final wars ignores previous installments like most of the other films.

He looked like crap then, he looks like crap now, but this time he fought like crap too. Shame. Shouldn't have been in the film.
Well considering he ate stuff like pollution...it's possible he's made out of crap..

three
Keizer

Post by three »

shippersdreamer wrote:
three wrote:Different. Final wars ignores previous installments like most of the other films.

Well considering he ate stuff like pollution...it's possible he's made out of crap..

Shitty little tadpole.

Strikes fear Into the hearts of...the Chinese? Until their carbon footprint shrinks of course :P
:pokeball: :cookie: :mechagodzilla: "I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen" ~ Charlie Sheen

Gojira is:Very Hiroshima®
axnyslie wrote:I read that too quickly I though you said land MINES. Yes they are still out there so step lightly!
Well, I've read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: 'live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual. ~ Lydia Deetz

sir isaac newton is the deadliest son - of - a - bitch in space.

MrGameguy
EDF Instructor

Post by MrGameguy »

It sucks that we didn't get to see what this Hedorah could do.
It's even more insulting that it's was died to atomic breath when the showa one was immune to it.
One of the few moments I hated about Final Wars.
Originally known as TourettesGigan.

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

TourettesGigan wrote:It sucks that we didn't get to see what this Hedorah could do.
It's even more insulting that it's was died to atomic breath when the showa one was immune to it.
the music was a nice touch though
Resized Image

MrGameguy
EDF Instructor

Post by MrGameguy »

Beef Bigshot wrote:
TourettesGigan wrote:It sucks that we didn't get to see what this Hedorah could do.
the music was a nice touch though
I didn't like it.
To me, it was like pouring salt on an open wound.

That might be an exaggeration, but you get what I mean. :xilien:
Originally known as TourettesGigan.

Julia Bristow
EDF Instructor

Post by Julia Bristow »

While I'm not much of a fan of the sleek design that Hedorah got in Final Wars but the really god awful treatment that he got in GFW when in the later days of the Showa series he was one of the tougher foes that Godzilla ever faced but here he jobbed to Godzilla in a couple of seconds.
All Movie snobs can just f off IMO

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

It's not fair to Hedorah. I agree. A tough Hedorah could have worked better for the final foe for Godzilla. Hedorah is from space, and we'd see the monster in its glory again, aside from that unappealing suit.
I've got a good mind to join a club and beat you over the head with it.

Then expect something that's fiercer, more cruel, and deadly than anything that's walked the Earth.

Benn_Sonic_exe
Monsterland Worker

Post by Benn_Sonic_exe »

I liked this design. Poor Hedorah, he didn't even get to have a city (Or trailer in Kumonga's case) destroying scene. :(
AKA Jamie.

bobzilla84
Ronin

Post by bobzilla84 »

I wish there had been more of him. If another movie like Destroy All Monsters happens then I`d like to see Hedorah survive till the final fight, like pit 5 on 5 or something.
In a way he really is something Godzilla can never kill, its body structure is made up of pollution and there is an abundance of it here. He`s like T-1000 almost.
does Godzilla poop?