Monster Discussion: Hedorah (Final Wars)

For the discussion of Toho produced and distributed films or shows released from 1999 to 2015.
Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Monster Discussion: Hedorah (Final Wars)

Post by Beef Bigshot »

What do you guys think of FW hedorah. Do you like his design, hate it, wish we saw more of him, wish he wasnt their at all, say here!
Last edited by Beef Bigshot on Thu Jan 30, 2014 8:30 am, edited 2 times in total.
Resized Image

GodzillaFan1992
Gotengo Officer

Re: Monster Discussion: Hedorah (Final Wars)

Post by GodzillaFan1992 »

Godzilla 1995 wrote:Wish it wasn't there at all. Hedorah was one of two villains Godzilla simply could not defeat, and he was treated like a throwaway joke.

Pitiful.
I agree.

I Really want to punch the Director for being a lazy bum making all those fights in Final Wars short. Seriously how was that to celerbrate Godzillas 50th Anniversity? Especially when Godzilla didn't appear until an hour into the Movie. >.>

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

im personally glad they added him, but not how they portrayed him. it was a cool cameo and i was thrilled in seeing him, i even liked the new design, but i hate how he was just thrown around and treated badly.

It was a disgrace
Resized Image

GodzillaFan1992
Gotengo Officer

Beef Bigshot wrote:im personally glad they added him, but not how they portrayed him. it was a cool cameo and i was thrilled in seeing him, i even liked the new design, but i hate how he was just thrown around and treated badly.

It was a disgrace
The Director who made Final Wars should be fired to be honest. Making all those short fights.....Seriously. Talk about lazy writing.....

The Director: HURR HURR HURR! Even though its the 50th Anniversity of Godzilla. I'm going to make all these fights short just to be a lazy bum and piss fans off! HURR DURR!!!!

Seriously......I REALLY want to punch him in the face.

GodzillaFan1992
Gotengo Officer

Russell: If this director really wanted to please fans. He'd make the fights long and all that. Believe me it he was obviously being a lazy bum and should be fired.

Yes. Because really.....Is making short fights and having Godzilla not appear until an hour a way to please the fans.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1992 on Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GodzillaFan1992
Gotengo Officer

Russell wrote:
GodzillaFan1992 wrote:Russell: If this director really wanted to please fans. He'd make the fights long and all that. Believe me it he was obviously being a lazy bum and should be fired.
...Yeah, okay. If you want to believe this, be my guest.

Doesn't mean it's right.
I just hope he NEVER directs another Godzilla Movie again.

That is all I'll say.

three
Keizer

Post by three »

yea. i just dislike Hedorah but i didn't like his portrayal at all. pathetic monster in FW that took a damn movie in itself to kill before. just..stupid. the whole movie. i remember my friend matt bringing it over and watching it with me. at the end he was like "what did you think man? i loved it." and i was just like...."eeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhh it was cool?". nothing about this movie is good, including Hedorah.
:pokeball: :cookie: :mechagodzilla: "I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen" ~ Charlie Sheen

Gojira is:Very Hiroshima®
axnyslie wrote:I read that too quickly I though you said land MINES. Yes they are still out there so step lightly!
Well, I've read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: 'live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual. ~ Lydia Deetz

sir isaac newton is the deadliest son - of - a - bitch in space.

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

The concept art looks better that what we got, but how they treated Hedorah is the worst crime. It didn't even get a decent fight.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

What a piece of shit kaiju hedorah is. I actually cheered when his ass got handed to him in FW.

Can of Conspiracy
JXSDF Technician

Post by Can of Conspiracy »

goji89 wrote:piece of shit
Can't really argue with that when it comes to Hedorah, but I like him a lot.

The FW design was a cool update, and I really love that funky-jazzy music that plays when G owns him, but other than that, yeah, I'm not a fan of the scene.
goblin shark (plural goblin sharks) [ˈgɒblɪn shärk'], noun:
1. a shark with a long pointed obstruction from forehead and growing to 3.8 meters in length; Mitsukurina owstoni.
2. not a reference to Guiron.

siphunclekaiju54
Ronin

Post by siphunclekaiju54 »

The way he was handled was really embarrassing. The design is pretty cool, and as a fan of Hedorah in general it's cool to see another version of him, but the way he was portrayed in the movie was ridiculous.

I think Hedorah has a lot of promise to be reinvented in the future, especially with CG taking advantage of his amorphous nature and toxic properties. He deserves a lot better.

Kubo
Sazer

Post by Kubo »

siphunclekaiju54 wrote:The way he was handled was really embarrassing. The design is pretty cool, and as a fan of Hedorah in general it's cool to see another version of him, but the way he was portrayed in the movie was ridiculous.

I think Hedorah has a lot of promise to be reinvented in the future, especially with CG taking advantage of his amorphous nature and toxic properties. He deserves a lot better.
You took the words right out of my mouth. His design is right up there with King Caesar and Monster X for this movie, and it's a shame he was tossed aside like he was. How would one even go about trying to control a monster like that anyway?
Giving myself brain damage wishing too hard upon a star.

Twitter: @Dawn_of_the_DED
If you follow me on there, shoot me a DM so I know you're from the forums.

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

I quite liked the updated design in Final Wars, and just wish it wasn't wasted on a cameo where Hedorah gets his ass handed to him.

#BotM

20th Century Boy
Futurian

Post by 20th Century Boy »

I don't like this design. The original Hedorah was pretty much a walking blob of mass and it did a good job at not revealing the limbs too much. In this design, any sense of mass is lost and you can clearly see when the arms, legs, and tail are. This makes it more human-like and les blob-like.

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

personally i dont hate the redesign. the more slender look is kinda appealing with the tail and all, but come on! with the new design, it was perfect for some fight scenes with some punching or some wrestling or something! its really a dissapointment
Resized Image

Dillyziller
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Dillyziller »

I honestly like the eyes on this design more then how they looked on classic Hedorah.
^This post in sexually offensive.

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

Dillyzilla the Kaiju wrote:I honestly like the eyes on this design more then how they looked on classic Hedorah.
yaaaa....about that....heheeh...

i was thinking about it today and whats his face who came up with hedorah was going for a "vagina" look in his eyes during his showa appearance. correct if im wrong here though. anywho, the vag look in this hedorah's eyes is a bit more defined
Resized Image

Shadow
Futurian

Post by Shadow »

^Indeed it is.
Anyway, hard for to hate or like a design when he's not in the movie for more than two freaking minutes.
But that aside, I'd prefer the Showa version.
Half as long, twice as bright.
Resized ImageResized Image
Greatest Advertisement of all time.
Greatest Parody Video of all time.
TK's Resident Master Crazy Narrator and Attack on Titan fan

shippersdreamer
Interpol Agent

Post by shippersdreamer »

Shadow wrote:^Indeed it is.
Anyway, hard for to hate or like a design when he's not in the movie for more than two freaking minutes.
But that aside, I'd prefer the Showa version.
I prefer the Showa version too, but that's only because FW Hedorah didn't get enough screentime to really give the new suit a test.

If that suit was used in a Remake or Sequel to Godzilla v Smog Monster, then it'd be easier for me to do a comparison between the two.
"Look out, it's the most fearsome monster on the planet! Gezora..."

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

You never even get much of a good look at the suit anyways. Whether you like the suit or not, it was a very wasted opportunity for the GFW Hedorah.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.