Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters Melee (Gamecube/Xbox)

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
Superrex
G-Grasper

Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters Melee (Gamecube/Xbox)

Post by Superrex »

I looked around and I couldn't find any threads talking about the game in general, so I thought it would be a good idea to start a thread on it. So, discuss the game here.
It's my favorite Godzilla game out of all the ones that I have (2) and I keep coming back to it a lot. I think that all the characters are good and all of them are really fun to play as. The version I have is the GameCube version, so I never got to play single player Destruction mode, Kiryu, the Vortaak Homeworld, or Thrashburg, unfortunetely.
Probably the unluckiest guy in the Shadow Arena
Shadow Arena History:
Wins:7
Defeats:8
Chris55 wrote:
wisper15 wrote:I sucks donkey dick.
"He's really bad at it too!"

-The donkey

Superrex
G-Grasper

Re: Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters Melee thread

Post by Superrex »

Godzilla The King wrote:Love the game, it's my second favorite next to Save the Earth.(Although I do enjoy Unleashed.) The music is awesome, the moves seem like they really have force in them. I would love an HD remake.
I agree with the moves having a lot of force. It's so satisfying when you hit a monster and send them flying across the area! It's even better when they hit a building.

As for an HD remake, it would be cool, but, unless another company were to take it up, it probably won't happen.
Shadow Arena History:
Chris55 wrote:

-The donkey

Superrex
G-Grasper

Post by Superrex »

So, what are your favorite and least favorite monsters in the game? Picking a favorite and least favorite is tough because, as I said before, all the characters are good. For my favorites, I think they would have to be one of the Godzilla's, Gigan, Orga, and Mechagodzilla 2. For my least favorites, it's a tie between Destoroyah and Rodan. Destoroyah's moves don't seem to hit as much as other characters and his weapon is my least favorite (despite the fact it's as good as MG2) , but he is strong and can be fun to play as. Rodan is weak both offensively and defensively, but is the fastest character in the game and has a good move set.
Shadow Arena History:
Chris55 wrote:

-The donkey

Monster Zero
Futurian

Post by Monster Zero »

I remember about eight years ago, I would play this as many times as I could. I love the Game Grumps GDAMM videos. They're so funny.

20th Century Boy
Futurian

Post by 20th Century Boy »

This game was awesome. In addition to having all these monsters from the Godzilla movies with accurate roars, fighting styles, and such, I think it was a genuinely good game, with a nice 3D fighting system and solid controls. It was also the first time I've been exposed to monsters like Destroyah and Orga.

Mr. Strange
G-Force Personnel

Post by Mr. Strange »

King Ghidorah is the best.

But my favorites are still Gigan & Rodan.

GalacticPetey
Gotengo Officer

Post by GalacticPetey »

Am I the only one who finds fighting Megalon extremely annoying? Whenever I fight him, he hides underground for a really long time and if he catches you, he uses his throw attack.
I can't believe that Godzilla was the only surviving member of its species, but if we continue conducting nuclear tests, it's possible that another Godzilla might appear somewhere in the world again.

Superrex
G-Grasper

Post by Superrex »

Godzilla3000 wrote:Am I the only one who finds fighting Megalon extremely annoying? Whenever I fight him, he hides underground for a really long time and if he catches you, he uses his throw attack.
It's kind of annoying, but I don't usually get bothered by it. If your having trouble, just wait for him to get close to you and when he's about to grab you, jump. He'll come up and will be tired, giving you a chance to get a hit on him.
Shadow Arena History:
Chris55 wrote:

-The donkey

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Re: Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters Melee (Gamecube/Xbox)

Post by Arbok »

Still one of my favorite games. What I love about it is my favorite character tends to shift a lot more than the other entries. Like for a time I preferred Mechagodzilla, then Mecha-King Ghidorah, then Godzilla 90's and most recently Rodan.

The pacing and overall hecticness of battle seemed to be the series' peak, just needed a larger roster to become the hands down choice as the best entry in the series.
If it bites... don't mess with it!

TitanoGoji

Post by TitanoGoji »

In my opinion, This is better than save the earth. i have unlocked every monster and arena. I also had a hard time unlocking Kiryu(heard of it but didn't believe it).I also liked how i could put my own custom music tracks into the game (Wish they did that in save the earth)

Godzilla2k4life
Ronin

Post by Godzilla2k4life »

I still own this game. The first to have two Godzillas at the same time. Anguirius, Megalon and Gigan are in Showa form, King Ghidorah, Mechaghidorah, Rodan, and Mechagodzilla are in their Hensei form and the addition of Orga from the Millenium era.

Giga Kaiju
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Giga Kaiju »

My favorite game of the Godzilla-Atari Trilogy. First Godzilla game I played, epic as hell.
UNSTOPPABLE FURY. UNTHINKABLE POWER. UNBREAKABLE WILL.
tymon wrote:Man, it really makes me laugh when I remember that all this drama is centered around a fictional, giant atomic monster. Damn you, Godzilla!
Gawdziller wrote:Doesn't matter what's moot or not. We'll just move onto the next thing to bitch about, then tangent onto something unrelated and bitch about that, and get trollbaited back on topic so we can bitch some more. It's the circle of life.

Starsteam
Keizer

Post by Starsteam »

Does anybody know where I can find the TV spot that had a announcer and the boxing ring and it went something like "On this side, Godzilla, and on the other, King Ghidorah!"

I only saw it once on TV, yeeeears ago (when the game came out obviously) and I can't find it anywhere.

Darth Nightmaricus
Yojimbo

Post by Darth Nightmaricus »

I just finished a walkthrough for it on GameFAQs. Meaning, I wrote one. Haven't gotten the Controls or Cheats sections done yet. Pretty exciting to beat it so many times...

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

I remember as a kid, I was told in order to unlock orga(who i had no idea who he was at the time, which was exciting. He was like the new Bagan :mrgreen: ) i had to beat the campaign with every character in a row non-stop. Now i cant remember for the life of me if that was the actual requirement but i had to do it twice because the first time, i only got 2/3 the way their and had to stop for some reason. I remember that sweet moment finally unlocking Orga and looking at him in the character select screen.

Unlocking characters in this game was SO fun and fulfilling, especially since i didnt really use the internet and kinds had to figure it out myself. I got alot of great memories from this game
Resized Image

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

Living Corpse wrote:The requierment is beat the game with everyone to get Mechagodzilla, then beat it with Godzilla 2000 one more time after that.
WELL! i did all that work for nothing!
Resized Image

Darth Nightmaricus
Yojimbo

Post by Darth Nightmaricus »

Can someone provide me with a list of cheats for the GameCube American version for my guide? Thanks.

This next part is filled with spoilers for the Heisei series, BTW.
And secondly, I have a handy dandy theory about the Atari games series: Godzilla 90's=Adult Godzilla Junior. Wasn't the Heisei Godzilla famous for his appearances in the 80's, not the 90's? Plus, Godzilla clearly didn't like humans that much, why would he defend them instead of attacking both sides? Godzilla Junior respected and cared about humans, even as an adult, it's logical he'd defend them from a Vortaak invasion. Plus, he would've given his all against Destoroyah, the creature
Spoiler:
WHO ORPHANED HIM AND KILLED HIM AS WELL. Considering he killed Junior's entire family
, that says something. He'd also give his all against SpaceGodzilla, as they have a history together. You know what I mean, it's just a logical concept.

SonofX51
Yojimbo

Post by SonofX51 »

For some reason DAMM will not work on my 360, it gets to the license screen then freezes. I know the game works on it, i've gotten it to work before. Happen to anyone else? Disc works fine on my Original Xbox.
"I now walk in the shadows between worlds...and it is there I have finally glimpsed upon what lives in the dark corners of the earth..." -Call of Cthulhu DCOTE.

XBL: HaioFighter92 Steam: HaloFighter92 3DS/Wii code: PM me

Godzilla Lover101
Gotengo Officer

Post by Godzilla Lover101 »

The Vortaak Homeworld is a cool arena. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4zL3cyS1kMQ
America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.

The Godzilla King
Interpol Agent

Post by The Godzilla King »

Actually that's the Xbox version of the game. The Vortaak Homeworld is exclusive to the Xbox, and Kiryu is also in the Xbox version.