New member introductions!

For the discussion of topics not already covered by the other categories.
MutheSquirrel
GPN Volunteer

Re: New member introductions!

Post by MutheSquirrel »

Um... ok. I work security at a college in Crawley, England. I got into Godzilla - or monster movies in general - when I was a wee little sprite in the 80s when I'd watch them with my dad. I'm somewhat of a connoisseur of cheesy movies as well, so the Showa era ones are of particular delight. I've seen most of the movies but a select few still elude me because the genre isn't really as big here so they're on less and very few DVDs are released of them.

I'm on a lot at the moment 'cos I'm stuck on night shifts at work over the holidays, so am posting more than I probably will once I get back to a normal shift. Until then yer just ganna' have to tolerate mu.

GodzillaFreak99
EDF Instructor

Post by GodzillaFreak99 »

I just know this isn't gonna go well at all. -_-
"There is no fate but what we make for ourselves."
GodzillavsJason wrote:I am considered to be one of the worst type of people in the world which is being a straight white man.

MothrasDDT
Ronin

Post by MothrasDDT »

Okay, i'll bite...

Just an old guy who grew up watching Showa era films in the 70's-80's on Saturday afternoon television.
After seeing the 2014 trailer recently I've had an interest in seeing the old movies & the newer genre flicks I've never seen. Stopped at FYE the other day & stocked up on some dvd's. Watched Mothra v Godzilla this morning. I'm hooked...again. Just took 30 years to reacquire the taste.
derka,derka,Ghidorah

Jose_VNS
Ronin

Post by Jose_VNS »

Hello everyone just wanted to introduce myself real quick. Loved the big G since before i can even remember, even got started on a Godzilla vs King Ghidorah half sleeve tattoo recently. Anyways looking forward to posting more and meeting fellow Godzilla fans.

GodzillaFreak99
EDF Instructor

Post by GodzillaFreak99 »

WELCOME ABOARD SWABEY!
"There is no fate but what we make for ourselves."
GodzillavsJason wrote:I am considered to be one of the worst type of people in the world which is being a straight white man.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Jose_VNS wrote:Hello everyone just wanted to introduce myself real quick. Loved the big G since before i can even remember, even got started on a Godzilla vs King Ghidorah half sleeve tattoo recently. Anyways looking forward to posting more and meeting fellow Godzilla fans.
Awesome! Hope you'll post some pictures once it's complete!
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Mecha-SpaceGhidorah
JXSDF Technician

Post by Mecha-SpaceGhidorah »

eabaker wrote:
Jose_VNS wrote:Hello everyone just wanted to introduce myself real quick. Loved the big G since before i can even remember, even got started on a Godzilla vs King Ghidorah half sleeve tattoo recently. Anyways looking forward to posting more and meeting fellow Godzilla fans.
Awesome! Hope you'll post some pictures once it's complete!
Agreed, pictures when you can, even if it isn't complete, would be awesome. I never thought about Godzilla tattoo's until I saw Pacific Rim, but now it just makes sense!
Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man, and let history make its own judgments.
~ Zefram Cochrane (c. 2073)

JK22
Young Farmer

Post by JK22 »

My name is John I grew up watching Godzilla movies on local stations as a kid,I've gotten back into the movie through the higher end digital channels.

Mecha-SpaceGhidorah
JXSDF Technician

Welcome! Pull up a chair, won't you?
Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man, and let history make its own judgments.

NoOneKansai
Ronin

Post by NoOneKansai »

Let's do this then! I'm NoOneKansai, born 1993, German and Swiss citizen, and I've been a huge fan of Japanese sci-fi films and Asian cinema in general ever since. It all started when my mother rented an old, very much censored German tape of "Godzilla 1984" when I was about seven years old, and soon after that, I started watching the films regularly on TV saturday or sunday afternoon. It's the main reason why I got attached to Japanese culture and I've been to Japan quite often now -- also speaking the language more or less, but still studying.

What's special about me? I only care about the original versions and never watch dubbed or cut films, which is hard sometimes because we all know about the release massacres Toho was responsible for while giving the rights to various labels without caring about their output. So I have to buy releases from all over the world -- luckily I'm fluent in German, French and English.

I should have registered here far earlier since I know and like the website for a long time. But oh well, here I am and ready to discuss with you about one of my favourite topics. ;)

Dino-Mario
G-Force Personnel

Post by Dino-Mario »

Well,hello people, i am new here, i'm mexican and i'm happy to be here. I am a big fan of kaiju films and tokusatsu, i also like good sci-fi and fantasy stuff, i'm a gamer,nerd and many other things. My fave Godzilla movie has been always the original 1954 classic.
Last edited by Dino-Mario on Sun Feb 15, 2015 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Bienvenido amigo. Espero que en este sitio te la pases bien.

Heath
Yojimbo

Post by Heath »

Hi all. New here, been lurking for a few days. 42 year old Godzilla fan here, mostly the older movies that came on late saturday nights back when i was a kid. I'm just now starting to work my way through some of the "newer" millenium era flicks. I just bought two SHMA figures: Kiryu and 1964 Godzilla. Love them both!!
I just found this place last week, great site!!!

Mecha-SpaceGhidorah
JXSDF Technician

Welcome all! Here's to joining the party and hoping that 2014 will be the year of Godzilla! Image

Dino-Mario
G-Force Personnel

Post by Dino-Mario »

goji89 wrote:Bienvenido amigo. Espero que en este sitio te la pases bien.
Gracias!!! Thanks!!!

MegaKuma
Ronin

Post by MegaKuma »

You can call me Kuma. I love monsters and have been a fan of drawing and writing about monsters for a long time now. I have many stories of a monster named Kuma who is the terror of the world that I wrote and am still working on.
you and me, have a disease, you affect me, you infect me, im afflicted you're addicted, you and me.

Kaepora Gaebora
Yojimbo

Post by Kaepora Gaebora »

Hi all - Mostly just signed up to talk kaiju figures and SHMonsterArts line. Also very much looking forward to Godzilla (2014)!
I enjoy comics, music, books and my favourite thing in the world is Neon Genesis Evangelion.

:mrgreen:

Dino-Mario
G-Force Personnel

Post by Dino-Mario »

Kaepora Gaebora wrote:Hi all - Mostly just signed up to talk kaiju figures and SHMonsterArts line. Also very much looking forward to Godzilla (2014)!
I enjoy comics, music, books and my favourite thing in the world is Neon Genesis Evangelion.

:mrgreen:
OMG! I really like that anime too

Heath
Yojimbo

Post by Heath »

Jomei wrote:Welcome, folks. I hope you have a good time on the forums. :]

Heath, be sure to swing by the toys section and check out the various threads. There a bunch of collectors on here.

Sorry for the delayed reply Jomei. That's where i am lurking more than anywhere else. I've always been a fan of the toys, but only just recently started buying some.

confstantine
Young Farmer

Post by confstantine »

Greetings from outerspace,
Im Conf & iMake Anime/Manga/Game/Kaiju related music & video