Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters / Kaijuu Daikessen (SNES)

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
Zilla103192
Keizer

Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters / Kaijuu Daikessen (SNES)

Post by Zilla103192 »

topic for IMO the greatest Godzilla game ever made...

It has amazing graphics for the limits it has. The sprites are extremely faithful to their sources.

The story is... meh... there is no story... o well

The sound is spot on. Music is faithful.

The only few quirks i have...

The roster should of been bigger... but every Gfan thinks this for every G game...

Some coloring choices were odd... grey biollante... brown anguirus... idk...

So let me know what you thinnk about the game.
Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark

Gigan X3
Futurian

Re: Godzilla Kaijuu Daikessen

Post by Gigan X3 »

This is the best of all Godzilla games, and I can't find anything truly wrong with it, everything was done nicely, I think there's another version of this game for another console with more monsters, I remember seeing it in TK's main videogame page or something like that.
Chris55 wrote:
Biollante wrote:WHY DID THE TERMINATOR STEAL THE BIKER'S GLASSES IN TERMINATOR 2? IT SERVED NOOOOO PURPOSE, WHERE'S THE EXPOSITION?
He was going to kill the T1000 with SEXINESS

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

Biollante should suck less.

My only disappointment is no Rodan. Him being missing is a big deal. I'm not even really fond of Rodan and probably wouldn't play as him, but he's still one of Godzilla's biggest allies.
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

Is it just me, or was the game unnecessarily difficult? :eh:
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

Zilla103192
Keizer

Post by Zilla103192 »

Showa Gyaos wrote:Is it just me, or was the game unnecessarily difficult? :eh:

OMG it was rediculoisly hard! i even played on PRATICE MODE and had several game overs!

and when you go up against mothra... SHES A BEAST!
Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark

Gigan X3
Futurian

Post by Gigan X3 »

JVM wrote:Biollante should suck less.

My only disappointment is no Rodan. Him being missing is a big deal. I'm not even really fond of Rodan and probably wouldn't play as him, but he's still one of Godzilla's biggest allies.
I don't see what's wrong with her.
Showa Gyaos wrote:Is it just me, or was the game unnecessarily difficult?
I think it's quite easy.
Chris55 wrote:
Biollante wrote:WHY DID THE TERMINATOR STEAL THE BIKER'S GLASSES IN TERMINATOR 2? IT SERVED NOOOOO PURPOSE, WHERE'S THE EXPOSITION?

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

Gigan X3 wrote:
JVM wrote:Biollante should suck less.

I don't see what's wrong with her.
Showa Gyaos wrote:Is it just me, or was the game unnecessarily difficult?
I think it's quite easy.
The first time I played I picked her since I figured she'd be the best fighter. Did craptastic, then tried over with Godzilla and got father, but still lost. It's mentioned in the main site review as well she's bottom tier.
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

I love this game even though it's very hard.

I notice though as you progress on beating monsters the game gets more difficult. The one thing I hate about this game is you have to do complex button combos to do special moves something I've always hated about fighting games, mainly because I suck at pulling them off correctly.
Proud owner of a Xbox Series X, Switch OLED and PS5.

PC Specs
CPU: Intel i9 10900k, Motherboard: MSI Gaming Carbon Wi-Fi, Case: Corsair 4000D airflow, RAM: G.Skill DDR4 32GB (16GBx2), GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti Vision, Storage: WD SN750 1TB, Mouse and Keyboard: Logitech G502 Lightspeed Mouse and Logitech G905 Keyboard.

Gigan X3
Futurian

Post by Gigan X3 »

gvamp wrote:I love this game even though it's very hard.

I notice though as you progress on beating monsters the game gets more difficult. The one thing I hate about this game is you have to do complex button combos to do special moves something I've always hated about fighting games, mainly because I suck at pulling them off correctly.
Seems to be the system that always makes game at least decent, it is complicated and it does take time to pull off properly but it has its payoffs, once you learn the trick, a lot of games open to you. :huge:
Chris55 wrote:

Zilla103192
Keizer

Post by Zilla103192 »

i just cant seem to be able to use Godzillas Red Beam... ive tried the combo.. but its not working.

yes i have the rage meter full.

and to add on the the difficulty of usinf these combos...its a ROM

Gigan X3
Futurian

Post by Gigan X3 »

zilla103192 wrote:and to add on the the difficulty of usinf these combos...its a ROM
And what would that mean?
Chris55 wrote:

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

Gigan X3 wrote:
zilla103192 wrote:and to add on the the difficulty of usinf these combos...its a ROM
It means he's not playing it on a console but on a computer. A ROM is basically a rip of a cartridge game that you can play on your computer or in some cases video game systems that have been modded.
Proud owner of a Xbox Series X, Switch OLED and PS5.

PC Specs
CPU: Intel i9 10900k, Motherboard: MSI Gaming Carbon Wi-Fi, Case: Corsair 4000D airflow, RAM: G.Skill DDR4 32GB (16GBx2), GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti Vision, Storage: WD SN750 1TB, Mouse and Keyboard: Logitech G502 Lightspeed Mouse and Logitech G905 Keyboard.

Gigan X3
Futurian

Post by Gigan X3 »

gvamp wrote:
Gigan X3 wrote:
It means he's not playing it on a console but on a computer. A ROM is basically a rip of a cartridge game that you can play on your computer or in some cases video game systems that have been modded.
Yeah I know that but that should be helpful for those who don't anyway, What I meant was, how is that related to difficulty? It's easier to cheat on an emulated game.
Chris55 wrote:

Zilla103192
Keizer

Post by Zilla103192 »

i never had a snes or famicom... so i dont know which computer keys represent each console buttons...

all i know is that i mash the arrow buttons and a,s,z,x and after like 10 minutes i get a blue atomic ray that covers small distance... and after more mashing ill get a streak if blue bullets... lol

either way...its my favorite Godzilla game.

i really love the graphics. The creators were very faithful to the source material. i just dont like some of the coloring on the sprites... like bio is grey... and angy is brown... but its not big enough to make me dislike the game at all...

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

This is a good game, a lot better than Battle Legends despite the latter having a larger roster.

The controls are simply better, and although it drew criticism compared with Street Fighter, I felt the slower pace was good for the subject matter of giant monsters.
If it bites... don't mess with it!

Gigan X3
Futurian

Post by Gigan X3 »

zilla103192 wrote:i never had a snes or famicom... so i dont know which computer keys represent each console buttons...

all i know is that i mash the arrow buttons and a,s,z,x and after like 10 minutes i get a blue atomic ray that covers small distance... and after more mashing ill get a streak if blue bullets... lol

either way...its my favorite Godzilla game.

i really love the graphics. The creators were very faithful to the source material. i just dont like some of the coloring on the sprites... like bio is grey... and angy is brown... but its not big enough to make me dislike the game at all...
You can always change the configuration to your liking, you should instead of mashing, try doing the hadouken motion.

Chris55 wrote:

EleKaiju
GPN Volunteer

Post by EleKaiju »

I played it on a ROM as well, and I loved it. Anguirus is my favorite because you don't need to remember how to use crazy beam attacks, and I just really like Anguirus.
"rofl rofl not to diss but that is varans cousin, totally looks like varan with some diffs but that is varans cousin. dang."

derp

Leunames
G-Force Personnel

Post by Leunames »

EleKaiju wrote:I played it on a ROM as well, and I loved it. Anguirus is my favorite because you don't need to remember how to use crazy beam attacks, and I just really like Anguirus.
I also played on the ROM. frankly playing on the rom is a lot more difficult than playing on the console since all the special attacks require street fighter-esque button combos. It's one thing to do those on a direcitonal pad with your thumbs but another entirely on the keyboard's awkward and uncomfortable layout.

Aside from that, awesome game. i loved the little touches, like how Biollante can't jump, but to compensate, no monsters can throw her.

godzilla1996
Monsterland Worker

Post by godzilla1996 »

I had this game on an emulator, and it was lots of fun. And yes, it is really hard. However, I still beat lots of monsters. But Mothra, Mechagodzilla, and Megalon are beasts
Formerly known as godzilla2001.
Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. Yeah moderators!
@ omgitsgodzilla, the double rainbow means that Godzilla is on some really good shit

YawnMasta
Interpol Agent

Post by YawnMasta »

I played as Godzilla in this, and Angurius rofl-stomped me so many times
Shadow Arena Scores

1-7 Shit
Ko'd once. On the second turn no less