Godzilla 2014 toys and collectibles.

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Creature22
EDF Instructor

Godzilla 2014 toys and collectibles.

Post by Creature22 »

A page to discuss the movie merchandise (unless one has already been made).

ArchdukeSquidlyIII
G-Force Personnel

Re: Godzilla 2014 toys

Post by ArchdukeSquidlyIII »

There's already a merchandise thread in the 2014 film sub-section, but it's cool to finally see the prototype.

http://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewto ... =9&t=10091
Please refer to me as jiggy22 (or just jiggy!)

tymon
Futurian

Post by tymon »

Does anyone know which company produced that prototype?
JAGzilla wrote:And then there was The Giant Condor. He...seemed very dedicated to what he was doing?

Dillyziller
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Dillyziller »

tymon wrote:Does anyone know which company produced that prototype?
I hope NECA.
^This post in sexually offensive.

whatever
Ronin

Post by whatever »

I'm wondering if that's a prototype for a model set. The place where the hip connects to the leg is a square shape, so the legs wouldn't be able to move once attached. So I don't think it's neca, as most of their stuff is articulated.

KaijuAlertSystem
Gotengo Officer

Post by KaijuAlertSystem »

Whatever it is it's just an early sculpt. I could see it being NECA actually as the scale and level of detail looks to be about right for their stuff. The articulation comes later.

ShyGuyPal101
Monsterland Worker

Post by ShyGuyPal101 »

According to where I first saw these, the company is called True Cast, but NECA is a client of theirs.

While on-topic of G2014 toys, (I probably asked this before) was there confirmation by Bandai they would make 6" vinyl figures akin to their Creations line?

Dillyziller
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Dillyziller »

The NECA line is the one I'm looking forward to the most. Because there not to pricey. And there articulation level is just right for me.

Starsteam
Keizer

Post by Starsteam »

I think that there were already TWO threads for G14 merch in this section of the forums but they became inactive due to... lack of merch.

I'm looking forward to to the Bandai stuff the most, as they're cheap and easier to find. Then the 31" figure, the heroclix, and if money allows, the NECA stuff.
I think that sculpt is probably for some Neca figure, likely for basic textures before the joints and stuff are added in.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

I have very little interest in buying any of this stuff. But if I really end up liking how Godzilla looks, I'll pick up the MonsterArts figure.

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

I actually really like the new design; he's so HUGE. He's kind of like a huge elephant type of Godzilla. So I'll be looking forward to the new merchandise for sure.

Dillyziller
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Dillyziller »

Godzilla seems to be standing like this.
I made it look like shit but thats how it will look when put together.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

The 'elephant-like' feet make biological sense. Elephants are the largest, heaviest land animals today, & look at their feet. Also, look at the biggest of the dinosaurs, like Diplodocus & Brachiosaurus. They had feet like that too. It may not be aesthetically pleasing to some fans, but Gareth Edwards said that his movie would be 'gritty & realistic'. He wants to stay as faithful to Toho as possible, but insert some realism where he can. I applaud his decision.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Manda2012 wrote:The 'elephant-like' feet make biological sense. Elephants are the largest, heaviest land animals today, & look at their feet. Also, look at the biggest of the dinosaurs, like Diplodocus & Brachiosaurus. They had feet like that too.
But Godzilla isn't a quadruped land mammal or a sauropod...

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

Legion1979 wrote:
Manda2012 wrote:The 'elephant-like' feet make biological sense. Elephants are the largest, heaviest land animals today, & look at their feet. Also, look at the biggest of the dinosaurs, like Diplodocus & Brachiosaurus. They had feet like that too.
But Godzilla isn't a quadruped land mammal or a sauropod...
Well, I guess he is now. :-|
Personally, I like the elephant feet and overall design. Much better than the chicken feet of the 1998 version.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

Curious to see ALL the toys, but the only one I'm buying for sure, is the SHMA one.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

^ Good point, Varan. Unless at some point in the movie, he's lying down & in the process of getting back up, I wouldn't expect to see Goji on all fours.

Do we know yet who is releasing that model above? ^^

Unit~NoA
G-Force Personnel

Post by Unit~NoA »

Manda2012 wrote:Do we know yet who is releasing that model above? ^^
Im not so sure on this but, it seem like the picture behind the disassembled Godzilla figure are parts of Starcraft II Premium Series 2 Action Figure Kerrigan's spider legs and normal legs, and the manufacturer; DC Unlimited.

KaijuAlertSystem
Gotengo Officer

For now the merchandise I plan to seek out for Godzilla 2014 includes the chibi figures (to go with my current Bandai Creation set), the NECA line (both 7" and 18" will go great with the Pacific Rim stuff) and of course the SH Monsterarts version.

I'm keeping my mind open though. The playset sounds fun, but as an adult I have trouble justifying that sort've thing for myself as I don't really play with my toys.

KaijuAlertSystem
Gotengo Officer

It might be good fodder for buildings or some such. It really all depends. I'm working with limited space for now and have to balance it between SH Monsterarts, Robot Damashii, Three A, NECA and D-arts stuff. So I can't afford to fill up space with stuff that wont have a lasting appeal to me beyond an initial "cool" factor.