Official Trendmasters Thread 2.0

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
SpaceG92
Keizer

Re: Official Trendmasters Thread 2.0

Post by SpaceG92 »

Bumping for a question or two. So if you look at the back of the Godzilla Wars series figure boxes you can see a lineup of figures, however some are different molds and paint jobs. Most noted is Biollante, however i'm more curious about SpaceGodzilla. I wonder why they changed his skin to a lighter blue and his stomach pattern. I can see the stomach being more due to cost reasons as it would cost to much to paint the pattern like that, just wondering if any more images of that particular figure or prototype is still around somewhere.

Reference Image, not my image its a shot form the back of the Godzilla Wars box from eBay.

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

heh, i wanna see that moguera and battra, they look cool
Resized Image

Mr. X
Keizer

Post by Mr. X »

SpaceG92 wrote:Bumping for a question or two. So if you look at the back of the Godzilla Wars series figure boxes you can see a lineup of figures, however some are different molds and paint jobs. Most noted is Biollante, however i'm more curious about SpaceGodzilla. I wonder why they changed his skin to a lighter blue and his stomach pattern. I can see the stomach being more due to cost reasons as it would cost to much to paint the pattern like that, just wondering if any more images of that particular figure or prototype is still around somewhere.

Reference Image, not my image its a shot form the back of the Godzilla Wars box from eBay.
Here ya go: https://www.gforever.net/bbs/topic?p=1950#p1950
G2000 wrote:
2004Zilla wrote:May God have mercy on this site.
He's given up
2009MECHAGODZILLA wrote:
G2000 wrote:What about leeks? Can we post leeks?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... 3/Leek.jpg
http://orig02.deviantart.net/f900/f/201 ... 9nqjrv.png

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Ah why thank you Mr.X, you know i've seen that specific image floating on the internet but I had no idea that was the reference used by TM for their mold and paint. That really clears that up, thanks for that :D

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

I have that card stored somewhere, along with a Doom Island card too (I actually had and played with several Doom Island figures back in like, 2000 or 2001). I knew Spacegodzilla was a painted kit but always wondered where the reference Gigan came from until you stated it was also a kit. Isn't the Battra (on the back of the card) the Bandai vinyl too?

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

I love the big 10 inch Godzilla with light up eyes and roar sound effect. Say what you will about tredmasters but that is one of my favorite godzilla figures

gatorzilla
EDF Instructor

Post by gatorzilla »

Godzillian wrote:I love the big 10 inch Godzilla with light up eyes and roar sound effect. Say what you will about tredmasters but that is one of my favorite godzilla figures
I agree the 10inch Godzilla is one of the best American Godzilla figures
IN GARETH EDWARDS WE TRUST!

Mr. X
Keizer

Post by Mr. X »

ANGUIRU-SAN!

Doom Island Anguirus is best Anguirus.

Gallery/descriptions here: http://toyzilla.prophpbb.com/topic78-100.html#p5019

If anyone has any picture requests, ask away!
G2000 wrote:
2004Zilla wrote:May God have mercy on this site.
He's given up
2009MECHAGODZILLA wrote:
G2000 wrote:What about leeks? Can we post leeks?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... 3/Leek.jpg
http://orig02.deviantart.net/f900/f/201 ... 9nqjrv.png

Monster Zero
Futurian

Post by Monster Zero »

I went to a comic book store this summer, and they had a 10" King Ghidorah in the box for $50. They also had a 10" Mechagodzilla for $35 and three 4" Godzillas for $10 each. Pretty expensive IMO.

Castellan Zilla
Keizer

Post by Castellan Zilla »

Pretty cheap. That Ghidorah goes for 60-75 or more easy on EBay or Amazon.
I will explain slowly why you are wrong.

ArchdukeCaligula
Monsterland Worker

Post by ArchdukeCaligula »

monster zero wrote:I went to a comic book store this summer, and they had a 10" King Ghidorah in the box for $50. They also had a 10" Mechagodzilla for $35 and three 4" Godzillas for $10 each. Pretty expensive IMO.
I have been looking for a 10 inch Ghidorah and MechaGodzilla forever. I remember getting an unopened Trendmasters King of the Monsters Godzilla at a swap meet with my dad in around 2004 or 2005. I took it out of the package and 2-4 weeks later I broke it and took it apart. Needless to say, I wasn't a very smart child
HayesAJones wrote:
ArchdukeCaligula wrote:The Giant Behemoth(does that thing have a name)
He answers to Franklin.
JAGzilla wrote:^ What... the skreeonk… has gone wrong in your life that this level of hatred is directed at a cartoon three-year-old? :lol:

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Which isn't all that weird considering it's a pretty rare figure.

Starsteam
Keizer

Post by Starsteam »

I always wondered this, but how wide was the retail availability of the pre-GINO Trendmasters Godzilla toys? Cause I don't remember ever seeing any in stores. Were they mostly just KB Toys/TRU located, or did I just not get out enough as a kid?

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

You probably just didn't get enough, because I remember seeing Godzilla '98 everywhere. :lol:
I think KB/Toys R Us were the main places for Trendmasters stuff, but merchandise was available in other places too. Heck, according to my dad, they had a large bin of stuffed Godzilla toys at my local Safeway, which explains how my brother and I each got one as kids.

Castellan Zilla
Keizer

I remember pre-Godzilla 1998 Trendmasters appearing in Kmarts and Bradlees when I was a kid. I remember my Mom got me a 5 inch Godzilla, Mecha King Ghidorah and Biollante. Good times.

Starsteam
Keizer

Post by Starsteam »

Creature22 wrote:You probably just didn't get enough, because I remember seeing Godzilla '98 everywhere. :lol:
I think KB/Toys R Us were the main places for Trendmasters stuff, but merchandise was available in other places too. Heck, according to my dad, they had a large bin of stuffed Godzilla toys at my local Safeway, which explains how my brother and I each got one as kids.
I remember seeing the 98 ones everywhere, just not the normal Godzilla figures. The only non-GINO TM Godzilla toy I got as a kid one the 6" Godzilla Wars Goji, which was a birthday present from someone who probably did get out a lot more.

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

Ah, okay.
Yeah, Godzilla '98 was everywhere but there was a lot more stuff to get. I do remember seeing all of the King of the Monsters toys in stores as a kid, but Godzilla Wars not as much (I figure sales probably dropped so stores didn't order as many). My brother did have the bendable Spacegodzilla though, I know that was from the Godzilla Wars line.

Castellan Zilla
Keizer

Might want to rewind to about twenty years ago and look at the stores that existed back then.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Fedco I think sold them back then (Now defunct. If you remember Fedco then props :D). I remember Sav-on's carrying the Godzilla Wars line figures and the Gamera figures. The best place at least for me to pick these up were KB Toys, the utter gold mine for Godzilla next to TRU.

For some slam the figures get, I really wish I kept mine in better care the only surviving one near intact was SpaceGodzilla, minus paint wear the only thing that "broke" was his arm. The glue seal faded away I guess with age and the arm is loose again. I still have Godzilla, Battra, Biollante, a utterly wrecked MechaGodzilla 2 and Anguirus somewhere but most of them have chips, marks and other things wrong with them. If money allows it I eventually want to start picking up the 4" line again, these figures were my childhood and they all hold extreme nostalgia value.

If you saw a boxed TM 4" figure for $10 grab it, that's a good price. I found a couple with the box in semi rough shape for 14 each in the antique store. Now if only I can find a cheap boxed 4" Doom Island SpaceGodzilla :P (I know it's not going to happen)

FlawedCoil82
G-Force Personnel

Post by FlawedCoil82 »

Godzilla14 wrote:Were they at walmart or target?
I didn't have a Target around when I was a kid. But I definitely remember getting many at Wal-Mart, as well as Meijer, K-Mart and Hills. Once the 98 film came and went, I was able to find 10" Mechagodzilla and Mecha King Ghidorah at Family Dollar.
Katatonia, Within Temptation, Klone, Tool, Poets Of The Fall, Lacuna Coil, Flaw, Breaking Benjamin, The Birthday Massacre, My Epic, Autumn, A Perfect Circle, Evanescence, Bush, Silverchair ('94-'01), Evergrey, Metallica, etc.