Godzilla vs. The Wolfman

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
Goji
Xilien Halfling

Re: Godzilla vs the Wolfman

Post by Goji »

Why would the opinion of John Doe on Youtube comments mean anything, anyway? Wtf does "retain the spirit of Godzilla" even mean? How does that even apply? It's a recreation of a once existing suit, so that doesn't even kind of make sense.

The KingGoji suit that Nakajima made is one of the best, (if not the best) fan-made Godzilla suit ever constructed, and captured on film/in photos. End of story.
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
Chrispy_G wrote:I'll say it one last time, Trump wins in a landslide.
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

Pkmatrix
Futurian

Post by Pkmatrix »

gigan72 wrote:
Goji wrote:Why would the opinion of John Doe on Youtube comments mean anything, anyway? Wtf does "retain the spirit of Godzilla" even mean? How does that even apply? It's a recreation of a once existing suit, so that doesn't even kind of make sense.

The KingGoji suit that Nakajima made is one of the best, (if not the best) fan-made Godzilla suit ever constructed, and captured on film/in photos. End of story.
Who the hell is John Doe? And I believe the guy may have only seen GINO.
Which makes it even more curious you brought up the Youtube commenter at all... :?

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

junkerde
Terminated
Terminated

Post by junkerde »

lol i had to laugh you actually had to resort to this

junkerde
Terminated
Terminated

Post by junkerde »

gigan72 wrote:
junkerde wrote:
lol i had to laugh you actually had to resort to this
And I had to laugh at how because I don't know something and am treated at some idiot. Thanks for telling me nicely.
you're welcome, anytime!

Gothicserpent
Gotengo Officer

Re: Godzilla vs. The Wolfman

Post by Gothicserpent »

So was the film finished and parts of it were lost? Or is it just under legal bindings?
"HAY ANGUIRUS"
"WHADDA WANT?"
"SUMPTIN FUNNEH GOIN ON, YOU BETTAH CHECK!"
"OKAY"
GTU wrote:There are so many concept versions of Bagan they could give him his own toyline. That's why I'm banking on a Monsterarts sub-line called SH Baganarts.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Wonder what Toho thinks of this movie. I'm sure they are well aware of it.

ILL GREEN
Gotengo Officer

Post by ILL GREEN »

Mac wrote:It's not a reproduction, its the actual suit. The director was future special effects director Kawakita.

Here's a better picture, credit goes to The Giant Pacific Octopus over at Club Tokyo for scanning this:
http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/7866/WolfManvsG_2a.jpg
Ok, I'm just going by this pic. I think this movie was a pilot when the whole Godzilla vs. Frankenstein/Kong concept was still on paper. No way did the suit last 30 years and still look fresh. Either that or the makers were really skilled in making a replica.

I know Frankenstein was suppose to be Godzilla's opponent but was scrapped for Kong, but maybe in between Franky and Kong, Toho decided on a furry kaiju and went with the wolfman and experimented with a pilot.

Still, it remains a mystery.

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

Uh, there's no mystery at all. The *new* was built by director Nakajima himself with materials provided by some of his friends still working at Toho, back in the '80s.

ILL GREEN
Gotengo Officer

Post by ILL GREEN »

Can you link that document?

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

People need "proof" at this point? I figure by now the details of "Wolfman vs Godzilla" have been pretty well established.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

Are you guys aware that Toho intends to buy this film from Nakajima( the director )as soon as he finishes editing it down to 90-100 minutes? And release it on DVD/Blu-Ray! I think that they were sufficiently impressed...

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Manda2012 wrote:Are you guys aware that Toho intends to buy this film from Nakajima( the director )as soon as he finishes editing it down to 90-100 minutes? And release it on DVD/Blu-Ray! I think that they were sufficiently impressed...
Can you source that

Bigdog
JXSDF Technician

Post by Bigdog »

This fan film would be great as a special feature in a 2-3 disc edition of the new Godzilla film, to be honest if it gets finished.

Legion1979
Justiriser

Post by Legion1979 »

Manda2012 wrote:Are you guys aware that Toho intends to buy this film from Nakajima( the director )as soon as he finishes editing it down to 90-100 minutes? And release it on DVD/Blu-Ray! I think that they were sufficiently impressed...
Where in the world did you hear that?

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

Bigdog wrote:This fan film would be great as a special feature in a 2-3 disc edition of the new Godzilla film, to be honest if it gets finished.
That would never happen. Besides, the pairing of those two together would be extremely jarring, and random.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Where did this rumor that Toho wants to buy the film for a straight to video release come from? No one has ever been able to give a solid source for it and its really doesn't seem like someone toho would do

Pkmatrix
Futurian

Post by Pkmatrix »

Legion1979 wrote:
Where in the world did you hear that?
I believe it was in an interview with the director, Nakajima. It wasn't on Sci-Fi Japan, though...I don't have them on hand, but it may have been in either MAT #10 or Famous Monsters #269. Or maybe even G-Fan? I don't remember. I'll recheck my copies when I get home. I think it was also stated during the Wolfman v. Godzilla panel at last year's G-Fest. I recall reading some mention of someone else pushing for this with Toho's studio heads...I want to say it was Kawakita, but again I don't have any of this in front of me and don't remember all that well. It was discussed at the time (this being around last July or August), but I haven't thought much about it since considering the lack of news.

EDIT: I should also point out that, the way I remember it, Toho had NOT agreed to release the movie to DVD. All that had happened was Nakajima opening negotiations with Toho to see if he could be allowed to release it if he finished it, and that Kawakita was backing him.

EDIT 2: Okay, I'm now fairly certain it was in Famous Monsters $269, so if you have that take a look and see if you can find it. Otherwise, when I get home I'll see if I can find it and I'll quote it here.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

So any details on the films plot ever come out (other then Godzilla fighting a werewolf)?