Actors/Actresses you want to see?

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Steven Sloss
Yojimbo

Re: Actors/Actresses you want to see?

Post by Steven Sloss »

I'd love to see Bruce Campbell have a role in the film, because things could get ugly - reeeaaal ugly. Hail to the king, baby.
"Will Earth be ruled by Man or Mysterians? No, only science can rule..."

Proud fan of GODZILLA, GAMERA, ULTRAMAN, and all their rubber-suited brethren since August 2000.

G-Man1989
Yojimbo

Post by G-Man1989 »

As long as an actor fits the role he/she is to play accordingly, I don't mind too much, as long as their acting doesn't suck and their characters aren't half-arsed carbon copies of some other character like a large number of character have been in alot of recent movies (and I mean both Hollywood and Toho with a few exceptions).

As a whole, I'd like to see an American and Japanese cast. In a scene with two or more Japanese characters speaking to each other away from and English speaking American character, they could speak in Japanese translated by English subtitles. Not only would it help acknowledge Godzilla's history as a Japanese Icon (Its Godzilla, you can't take the Japan out of him without totally ruining his character and style), but it can help people get used to watching a Godzilla movie in Japanese with subtitles.

As many of you are hoping for (myself included), that this movie may end up being good (as long as they REALLY live up to their promise to stay true to the franchise, and at least try to incorporate modern Hollywood suitmation on top of that), this can get more American interested in Godzilla and hey can watch the older films on DVD/Blue Ray/whatever in Japanese with subs, as well as any new Toho Godzilla films. A way to market the older films and creating an international atmosphere for a new series.

HayesAJones
Keizer

Post by HayesAJones »

TokyoVigilante wrote:You want military commanders?

You could probably have his mustache play a cameo as Mothra's Cocoon.
Hell, his mustache should just fight Godzilla!

TokyoVigilante
Futurian

Post by TokyoVigilante »

I cannot suspend my disbelief enough to buy Godzilla defeating Sam Elliot's mustache.

I don't care what anyone thinks about that movie, Sam Elliot as General Ross was the highlight.
“I have never listened to anyone who criticized my taste in space travel, sideshows or gorillas. When this occurs, I pack up my dinosaurs and leave the room.” - Ray Bradbury

KaneLocke
EDF Instructor

Post by KaneLocke »

TokyoVigilante wrote:I cannot suspend my disbelief enough to buy Godzilla defeating Sam Elliot's mustache.

I don't care what anyone thinks about that movie, Sam Elliot as General Ross was the highlight.
He played the perfect Ross.

Wouldn't mind seeing him as a military commander again.
Proud father, husband, and son.

Reptile
GPN Volunteer

Post by Reptile »

John Rhys-Davies.

I say this because it seems that after Lord of the Rings he's been mostly working on Scy Fy Original movies. I think the last time got a big screen release was that Uwe Boll movie that managed to be worse than Dungeons and Dragons and...yeah. He's pretty popular with the Sci Fi crowd, or at least widely recognized.

Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

Post by Xx_The_Masquerade_xX »

Hellspawn28 wrote:What about Natalie Portman (Star Wars Episode I-III, V for Vendetta, and Thor) for a female lead role?
She's nice eye candy but that's really it, Unless she does something amazing in ''Black Swan'' besides the lesbian scene with Mila Kunis which i look forward to. Besides she's already in heavy talks to be in the ''Alien Prequel'' at this point.. So i personally wouldn't want her in the upcoming movie.

Off the top of my head i can think of any female actress id want in the upcoming Godzilla film in a main role. That's not me trying to be rude, but most current female actress's can't act worth a shit.. Unless it was someone with experience an actual quality in there performance's then No.

Actually id laugh my ass off if ''Betty White'' got a small Cameo in Godzilla just because that woman can always make me laugh. Hell she made Lake Placid an she was barely in it.

NebulaMSpacehunter
Samurai

Post by NebulaMSpacehunter »

Definitely no Megan Fox, no John Cusack, no big name stars in my opinion. I think it should be a relatively unknown cast to put more realism into the movie, and we don't want any famous actors-actresses outshining the real main character: GODZILLA!

xenotactics
Monarch Researcher

Post by xenotactics »

Once again, I can imagine James Spader playing a serious reporter like Steve Martin (from G:KoM).
I don't want to see Bruce Campbell.

KaneLocke
EDF Instructor

Post by KaneLocke »

XxComablack1937xX wrote:Off the top of my head i can think of any female actress id want in the upcoming Godzilla film in a main role. That's not me trying to be rude, but most current female actress's can't act worth a shit.. Unless it was someone with experience an actual quality in there performance's then No.
Two words: Michelle Rodriguez.
Proud father, husband, and son.

Darth Calypso
Gotengo Officer

Post by Darth Calypso »

maybe have some actors who have been in godzilla movies before guest star in it
Think With Your Dipstick Jimmy
My edited images, drawings, music, and SFX

Gorosaurus Rex
EDF Instructor

Post by Gorosaurus Rex »

Hellspawn28 wrote:What about James Franco as the lead role for the movie?
Good actor, really depends on the role he's playing. I am utterly stumped on what human characters we might see on this.
SuperSaiyan4Godzilla wrote: And Godzilla isn't Pixar. The latter deals with children. The former deals with adults who behave like children.

Gorosaurus Rex
EDF Instructor

Post by Gorosaurus Rex »

Hellspawn28 wrote:What about Sharlto Copley (District 9)?
I would love to see him. Copley is fantastic.
SuperSaiyan4Godzilla wrote: And Godzilla isn't Pixar. The latter deals with children. The former deals with adults who behave like children.

fred25_ca
Monarch Researcher

Post by fred25_ca »

I want a modern version of the Steve Martin character. I mean,why not? It makes sense. And James Franco I think is a great idea. But i'm sure there are plenty of other great actors out there that would fit.
My newest monster movie, "Home sweet home":
https://vimeo.com/134487385

The One and Only
Futurian

Post by The One and Only »

One actress I could actually see playing a soldier would be Queen Latifah. The woman can be quite fearsome, and I would not be wanting to be her shit list. :freak: Check her out in Set It Off if you don't believe me.
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

HeiseiGodzilla117
Xilien Halfling

Post by HeiseiGodzilla117 »

fred25_ca wrote:I want a modern version of the Steve Martin character. I mean,why not? It makes sense. And James Franco I think is a great idea. But i'm sure there are plenty of other great actors out there that would fit.
I like that idea A LOT. It would be pretty cool to have Steve Martin as the main human character.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

fred25_ca
Monarch Researcher

Post by fred25_ca »

HeiseiGodzilla117 wrote:
fred25_ca wrote:I want a modern version of the Steve Martin character. I mean,why not? It makes sense. And James Franco I think is a great idea. But i'm sure there are plenty of other great actors out there that would fit.
I like that idea A LOT. It would be pretty cool to have Steve Martin as the main human character.
Plus it would show that they really do know their godzilla, and that they are going back to the original (well, nearly the original, but seeing as this is an american film, it makes sense they'd inspire themself by the american version of the original one).
It all makes so much sense, that i think it would be a miss opportunity not to do it.

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

Akira Tarakada.
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

fred25_ca
Monarch Researcher

Post by fred25_ca »

Chris55 wrote:
Hellspawn28 wrote:Michelle Rodriguez was great in "Avatar" (2010), and "Machete" (2010).
Did she die in Machete? She dies in almost every movie or tv show that's she's done
No, she actually survives. For once indeed, heh.
Can't say i'd like her in Godzilla, though. I think the movie needs to feel the most real possible, and for that, it's gonna need regular people, rather than badass chicks with attitude, which Rodriguez has in spades.

Not that there's anything wrong with badass chicks...

Darkness
Interpol Agent

Post by Darkness »

John Malkovich. 'Nuff said.