Bandai Ultra Hero & Ultra Monster Series (2013+)

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
ZillaMaster91
G-Grasper

Re: Ultra 500 Line Thread

Post by ZillaMaster91 »

Petezilla wrote:The new wave is up for pre-order at amiami again. I just managed to complete an all-in-one order for wave two! Good thing!
Nice! I'm still waiting for Baltan and Gomora from Amiami (I also have Zetton in the same order too), everything else from the first wave I ordered from HLJ and should ship anytime now. I have all of Wave 2 reserved as well, but HLJ didn't have Dyna nor Astra listed. So I reserved those two through Amiami.

Plexton
EDF Instructor

Post by Plexton »

My shipment of these guys just arrived from amiami (along with Ultra-Act Taro!); they really are quite charming, and I suspect a full display will look quite impressive. I'll see if I can post my thoughts on the figures individually a little later on.

Creature22
EDF Instructor

Post by Creature22 »

This line looks really appealing, although I'm not sure how much space three or four would take up. I'm considering getting a couple because they're small and really affordable (and I can see that several of my favorite monsters will be getting the treatment of getting released in this size). Keep the pictures coming!

Mr. X
Keizer

Post by Mr. X »

EXCLUSIVES!

Ultraman Zero Strong Corona mode and Ultraman Zero Luna Miracle mode. Release: July 26th. 525 yen each.

Ultraman Tiga Dark (Clear Black glitter version) and Kemur (Disappearance version). Release: August 12th. 525 yen each.

(Source)

Really digging that Kemur.
G2000 wrote:
2004Zilla wrote:May God have mercy on this site.
He's given up
2009MECHAGODZILLA wrote:
G2000 wrote:What about leeks? Can we post leeks?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... 3/Leek.jpg
http://orig02.deviantart.net/f900/f/201 ... 9nqjrv.png

RedZillaKing

Post by RedZillaKing »

Legion1979 wrote:I just pre-ordered the second wave of monsters at AmiAmi...except for Red King, who is out of stock for some reason. Why Red King?
Yeah I scored everyone I wanted except Red, too. :(

Captain Aktion
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Captain Aktion »

http://captainaktion.tumblr.com/

This website is for noncommercial use only and is not affiliated with, or authorized or endorsed by Toho Co. Ltd.

Forum Rules and Guidelines Excerpt, Section 10:
Staff Accountability
no moderator, administrator, group moderator, forum leader, site staffer, or former member of the aforementioned groups is exempt from scrutiny

Failure by members or ex-members of leadership to avoid such activity may result in termination.

Know The Score

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

^ Guys, just be patient. I've seen all the 500 figures being in-stock several times again after being sold out in meantimes. It took me 4 seperate orders at amiami to get the whole wave combined into one. Red King will probably be up again soon. It's seemingly not like with the ULTRA-ACT figures... ;)
Size DOES matter!

Plexton
EDF Instructor

Post by Plexton »

So, with the exception of Thunder Darambia and Zaragas, I have now reviewed the entire first wave of the Ultra 500 line. Overall, I am quite impressed; these are remarkably high quality toys for such a low price point.

The figures feel solid, and are made out of what is clearly a high-quality vinyl, most likely the same material as Bandai's recent larger-scale figures. As with those figures, the material is a pretty good balance between flexibility and durability, clearly designed for child's play but also hard enough to allow for a reasonable level of accuracy and detail for the sculpts.

The sculpts are impressively well done, all things considered; Bandai could have cut some corners for this line, but many of the figures are extremely similar and actually improvements over their larger counterparts. King Joe, for example, goes above and beyond by having a more intricate colour pattern on his chest displays than the six-inch vinyl. The paint application on my figures are virtually flawless; there is no misapplied paint anyway to be seen, and the production pieces match the prototypes very closely. Even the scale, while still not accurate, isn't too far off between the heroes and the kaiju.

For higher-priced and more complex items it is usually easier to find flaws to criticize, but if this line continues to be produced at this quality and price point I don't really have any complaints. Some fans might be annoyed that the figures are significantly smaller than the previous mainstream Ultraman toy line, but the quality of these figures proves that Bandai hasn't taken a step backward in any appreciable way.

Plexton
EDF Instructor

Post by Plexton »

^Yes, I agree. The only figure you might be able to criticize is Eleking, as he has some unpainted sections where black paint should have been applied. You can argue that Bandai cut corners there, but it's a minor complaint at most.

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

Just for notes: the three new alien characters from that new Ultraman video game "Ultra Frontier" (or so) are gonna be released September 31st:

Baltan Battler Barrel
Guts Gunner Garm
Magma Master Magna

They are in the new '500'-scale, but cost 630 JPY and strangely don't appear to be labeled under the Ultra Monster 500 line... I think that's due to them being fantasticly detailed and painted sculpts and having an additional game card attached. They are up for pre-order at japanese Amazon already.
Size DOES matter!

GodzillaFreak99
EDF Instructor

Post by GodzillaFreak99 »

How tall are these figures?
"There is no fate but what we make for ourselves."
GodzillavsJason wrote:I am considered to be one of the worst type of people in the world which is being a straight white man.

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

October + November lineup:

Ultra Hero 500

#22 Ultraman Nice
#23 Father of Ultra
#24 Ultraman King

Ultra Monster 500

#47 Kanegon
#48 Miracle Seijin
#49 Akumanja Seijin
#50 Dorako
#51 Telesdon
#52 Evil Tiga
#53 Super Gotsuvu
#54 Baltan Seijin (Basical Ver.)
#55 Miclas
#58 Dark Rugieru (a brand new alien character)
#DX Super Grand King (brand new character, bigger sized figure)
#DX Ultra-Eve! Tyrant Set (incl. 500-scale figures all 7 monsters, which Tyrant is composed of: Icarus Seijin, Hanzagiran, Red King, King Crab, Barabas, Seagorath, Bemstar, but not Tyrant himself)
Size DOES matter!

Orgasmatron
G-Grasper

Post by Orgasmatron »

super grand king? whaaa

and where is agira > : (
formerly known as Godzilla1964

godzilla898
G-Force Personnel

Post by godzilla898 »

Super Grand King?
Maybe he'll be the same size as the one from the 6" line :P
nani sore wrote:Oh my skreeonk god, g898. You are amazing.
GTU wrote: Does that matter? Like 80% of this forum is homoerotic subtext.

Mr. X
Keizer

Post by Mr. X »

Petezilla wrote:October + November lineup:

Ultra Hero 500

#22 Ultraman Nice
#23 Father of Ultra
#24 Ultraman King

Ultra Monster 500

#47 Kanegon
#48 Miracle Seijin
#49 Akumanja Seijin
#50 Dorako
#51 Telesdon
#52 Evil Tiga
#53 Super Gotsuvu
#54 Baltan Seijin (Basical Ver.)
#55 Miclas
#58 Dark Rugieru (a brand new alien character)
#DX Super Grand King (brand new character, bigger sized figure)
#DX Ultra-Eve! Tyrant Set (incl. 500-scale figures all 7 monsters, which Tyrant is composed of: Icarus Seijin, Hanzagiran, Red King, King Crab, Barabas, Seagorath, Bemstar, but not Tyrant himself)
DORAKO?

That made my day. Ooh, and a Telesdon, too. Bandai's 6-inch Telesdon is terrible.

And you can never go wrong with more Baltans...
G2000 wrote:
2004Zilla wrote:May God have mercy on this site.
He's given up
2009MECHAGODZILLA wrote:
G2000 wrote:What about leeks? Can we post leeks?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... 3/Leek.jpg
http://orig02.deviantart.net/f900/f/201 ... 9nqjrv.png

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

A small letdown regarding the Dorako figure: the wings are folded closed and are molded into the figures' back. Otherwise it's excellent. And the new Telesdon looks awesome:

Size DOES matter!

Captain Aktion
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Captain Aktion »

Legion1979 wrote:I'm shocked there isn't a Gudon or a Twin Tail in this line yet.
Yeah, and did I miss a Gesura from this line at some point?

*sigh* I wish I had my figures...they've been in NYC customs for the last, like, ten days.
http://captainaktion.tumblr.com/

This website is for noncommercial use only and is not affiliated with, or authorized or endorsed by Toho Co. Ltd.

Forum Rules and Guidelines Excerpt, Section 10:
Staff Accountability
no moderator, administrator, group moderator, forum leader, site staffer, or former member of the aforementioned groups is exempt from scrutiny

Failure by members or ex-members of leadership to avoid such activity may result in termination.

Know The Score

Plexton
EDF Instructor

Post by Plexton »

Legion1979 wrote:I'm shocked there isn't a Gudon or a Twin Tail in this line yet.
Actually yeah, where are those two? They'll probably be in the line sooner or later, but you'd expect them to be in the first or second wave.

Orgasmatron
G-Grasper

Post by Orgasmatron »

i didnt acknowledge that akuma guy from leo when i read it on the list, we need more leo monsters he looks awesome

also the dorako looks really nice imo, even with the wings folded

if they did a black end i would flip out : )
formerly known as Godzilla1964

U-Tom
Monarch Researcher

Post by U-Tom »

The 6 inch Telesdons are alright, I mainly just like the EX verison I can understand it's hard to come by though.
Miracle Seijin, Akumanja Seijin, Dorako, Telesdon, Super Gotsuvu, Dark Rugieru and DX Super Grand King will be definte buys! That Miracle Seijin looks goofy fun! Now DX Super Grand King...is that going to be in size like Gingato Zetton and boxed like him as well? :eh: