Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters / Kaijuu Daikessen (SNES)

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Re: Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters / Kaijuu Daikessen (SNES)

Post by Beef Bigshot »

Hhhmm I see but you should still take a look at the game, I know AVGN tore that game apart but still. Have you seen this thing called the retro duo( bet you have) it plays snes and nes games and is pretty cheap, I think it can also play famicom games as well( it can) and it's around 40bucks minimum, so yep just something to consider.

PS: this post is kinda so you don't have to like edit the last one when you want to update
Resized Image

Justemporary
Yojimbo

Post by Justemporary »

This will be my last post unless I come across something groundbreaking. Pretty burned out from playing and analyzing it so much and hope someone benefits from the data I went and collected. I ended up hand writing over 50 pages in a little booklet relating to move strategies but I won't bother putting that down because I feel it's a little too in depth and would really steal the novelty of the game away. So, I'll be noting the neater tricks of each character and maybe the system as a whole. Please refer to page 3 of this thread for my earlier inputs up to this point.

Godzilla - I now have a better understanding of how to control him. He's pretty well rounded except in one department. He has quick regular attacks and a projectile for most situations which deals a lot of meter and stun. Out of his special attacks the tail swing is probably the better one even though it doesn't cause chip damage. You can use it as a long distance anti-air if someone decides to jump in. His rage is also an excellent anti-air but it's hard to see those sort of opportunities coming. The rage itself is good a quarter of the screen in to catch fierce projectiles and plow through them due to the long recovery from the other players' special attack. Against Biollante and Super Mechagodzilla you can easily land his rage move from his atomic pulse throw. The input leniency is very generous since you can do the input of the rage and press X later. So you get a rage powered throw plus the rage move itself. On power level 5 this combination is an instant kill. On the rest of the roster, it is possible to do a over the shoulder throw and a well timed rage. Because the opponent can't turn properly while blocking, using the pulse as they get up and stand in it (a "meaty") will basically do them in with a stun followed by a heavy tail swing. On power level 1 in vs mode this combination does anywhere from 44-46% damage so it's pretty lethal if you learn it. On some characters it seems harder to perform though because not everyone gets thrown the same way or is the same size etc. etc.

Anguirus - The rage attacks were mentioned in my earlier post so I won't focus on them again except to give obscure tidbits. Against flying type characters you can do the most damaging rage move in the game. If they fly at eye level and you do a rage to start rolling under them you will hit them numerous times until they're forced to fall down near the ground. A whopping 42% with the power levels set to 1 in vs mode was rather surprising. He's also got quite a few unblockable techniques. A basic rule of the game is there is no "absolute guard". This term refers to when you block, you'll automatically block the rest of the attack if it's consecutive enough. This rule does not exist in this game. If you let go of block you will take the rest of the hits. Another rule related to block stun is also at play. When you block a consecutive attack you may not be able to block low which results in you getting hit. If the move doesn't hit fast enough you can switch from high to low block. Anguirus has tail somersaults that put the opponent in a state of block stun that if they block high their legs will be exposed. This tactic would be cheaper if it actually hit crouching opponents but you can block it both high and low. You can jump forward with a really early heavy tail somersault. Once you land, your tail swings behind and hits the enemy. If they block high you get dibs at their feet once again. To really apply this tactic with him use his down+X forward/backward jump attack. It hits twice so you get a free low hit or a free grab attempt.

Special notes regarding Anguirus is that he has the most normal attacks in the game and can use advanced charging techniques with his alternate rage or back splash. Example: Charge down back, forward back+Y/X. Example: Hold A 3 seconds, back+A (hop), hold A again, and you have your old charge still.

King Ghidorah - He can stomp a total of 10 times and hits pretty hard. Of notable interesting facts, he takes stun like a little girl, so he's easy to dizzy compared to other characters (see
stun list at end).

Gigan - The laser beams need some explanation. Since his playstyle revolves around close combat the laser beams are used to put pressure with small bursts. It's also good for baiting players to jump into prolonged laser beams. The beams differ in speed and strength naturally but the weaker beams cannot combo while the fast beams can't be once they start hitting. Gigan has the best roar in the game in terms of speed but is also very weak to stun. Last note, he has a naturally easy to set up unblockable. If they block a close standing jab you get a free low one.

Megalon - Weak to stun but fierce in close combat like Gigan. The drill punches are not that great because they can be blocked low mid way even if you do get hit. Maybe as an air counter it will work better. He also has a very powerful initial hit to his rage. You must low block it because the block stun it puts you in won't let you crouch block.

Mechagodzilla - N/A. Nothing to report really. Dashing low fierce gives it a lot more range.

Biollante - One of the few characters that can actually pull combos believe it or not. Like block stuns, there are moments where you can't turn around fast enough without getting hit. Against Biollante, Anguirus can use his rage attack and finish with a mid-air somersault tail. In many cases Biollante cannot turn around fast enough to block properly. However, Biollante has one of the best attacks to combo with into unblockables and theoretically an unlimited onslaught. After her heavy dash attack it appears it's impossible to block if she does an early attack. Soo, since she can combo off her acid sap balls . . . it probably means another dash attack and loop all over again. This tactic makes it actually possible to use her acid sap spray.

To close up my notes on her I guess it's nice to mention she only needs to block high since she's so large. Takes off some stress and technically can't land those unblockables on her as easily from stun blocks and all. In a mirror match if you do her strongest throw the damage actually makes sense. Another nice touch of details and thought put into the game. Just wish it applied more.

Mothra - Not much I have to say except for her most complex throw. Damn, does it ever stun. It deals more than have the stun bar for one hit. Dash upwards at an angle and use a heavy swoop to create an unblockable setup.

One last note is that the input for her Battra rage needs charging. You must charge down 3 seconds but it does not have to be on the ground. The rest of the input on the other hand must be performed on the ground though. I have more luck pressing downfoward rather than just forward at the end of the input. Maybe it's just my controller though that makes that particular input easier to execute.

Super MG - Not much to say except you can disengage the Garuda and input its projectile attack before it fully reaches its maximum flight height. Like Mechagodzilla (74') he can throw a torpedo to bait jumps and use his buster beams. It will punish both jump ins or neutral jumps.

Gouten - . . . Meh. The shock move hits like 24 times it's crazy. Not much to mention except it is a really cheap character albeit interesting.

So, I guess I had less to talk about than I thought. There's probably a lot of little things I neglected to mention but really I don't think I have anything ground breaking except for the new roar resistance chart . . . which I will leave to Arbok to make hopefully. This list really showcases how ridiculously bad or good some of the rosters' stun is. The list will work in the following order: A) Godzilla, B) Anguirus, C) King Ghidorah, D) Gigan, E) Megalon, F) Mechagodzilla (74'), G) Biollante, H) Mothra, I) Super MG, and J) Gouten. So, in essence, like the character select screen to some extent.

Roar Resistance (the results were taken several times with each kaijuu yelling into the face of the other kaijuu in the order mentioned above and Gouten gets a test for each stance).

----------G----A---K---Gi---M--74'--B---Mo--MG---Gt.
G--------35---34--17--13--11--17--37--61---33--36+21
A--------12---12--10---9---8---10-15--16---13--15+11
K--------14----15--10--9---8---10--15--16--13---15+11
G---------7----7----7---6---6---7---7---8----7----7+7
M--------13---12--10---9---8----9--13--14--13---12+10
74'-------22---22--14---11--10--14--23--28--21---22 15
B----- ---9-----9---8----7---7---8---9---9----8----9+8
Mo-------18---18--13---11--10--12--18--23---18--17+14
MG-------18---19--12---10---9--12--19--23---17---15+13
Gt--------N/A. Drills faces only.

So, here's that chart. Apologies for it but I hope you can appreciate it the way I do. It doesn't turn out the way I had it all typed :cry: But just look at Mothra's resistance. It consistently beats everyone else. And it makes sense that a lot of strong melee characters can get stunned fast otherwise they'd be fairly unstoppable. It's also funny when you start reading the numbers vertically. Godzilla, what happened? Why does your roar suck the most? I found that pretty hilarious. And Biollante getting 2nd place for roars? Man. She can really stack that stun once you realize how to make those unblockable setups which makes her somewhat threatening now.

(Editing will continue later?)

I made another list/chart. It basically shows who does the most damage with their rage attacks against block, how much stun it builds, and how much meter is given followed by damage, stun, and meter once again for hitting. If anyone feels they want to see those numbers I will find some time to put that in here like I did the stun/roar tier chart. Until then, keep fit and have fun.

Since I probably won't be returning, you may contact me easily under my youtube account: Toomnyusernae.

(2013 June update)
Curiouser and more curiouser. I was doing some research for another game and found Japanese websites had interesting data and decided to follow it up for this game. Stumbled on a page not unlike the movelist on tohokingdom only it seems to have some inputs I'm not aware of. If anyone could translate interesting tidbits that would be most appreciated. Look, even Megalon's fourth throw is shown! Super Mechagodzilla has 3 rage attacks? This requires some looking into . . .

http://www14.atpages.jp/gamemonster/kai ... n_top.html

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

As of yesterday I am a proud, very proud owner off this game!

I popped this sucker in the ol' retro duo, and wow! I have played this on emulator but with an actual controller, it actually much more difficult, figures.....but that was fixed when I fiddled with the controls. I played threw the game with Godzilla and beat it. Honestly it was very difficult even with lowest difficulty on. FREAKIN MOTHRA!!!! Dear lord she is hard. I lost to her at least ten times, seriously ten times! Then I FINALLY beat her aaand fought mechagodzilla 2 and he was piss easy!!! I beat without losing once soooooo ya, great final boss.....

Then I played around with gigan and got bored. Finally I decided to play with ghidorah and beat the whole game in like ten minutes.....figures.

Honestly though, one of the best games I've ever played. I like how it can be really slow paced or extremly hyper overdrive paced. To say the least, I'm very happy with my purchase
Resized Image

Justemporary
Yojimbo

Post by Justemporary »

I picked up a boxed copy in a famicom lot recently. The link for the strategy guide posted earlier is better but in time I plan to scan it for the internets. Oh, and you're still new to the game, but give it time. You'll find Gouten so damn cheap. Good luck.

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

Thanks! Since I've purchased and got the game I've gotten much better but I'm still bad with hold related attacks, oh well! But with a code I got the gotengo and I was playing with friends so I was pretty mad when they figured out that they could just spam missiles and own me (cuz my usual strategy is to bludgeon the other person until I get special) so I guess you know my frustration.

I do have a question, does Antibes game glitch up in two player. For me I have to switch the controls around because if you press the same button At the same time as the second player, the game pauses. So if we both pressed B, the game pauses. It's really weird.

Oh and flying characters are really glitchy for me. Other than mothra, flying mechaG and the gotengo are a bit unstable and glitch all over the screen. So I think I either have a pretty interesting cartridge or I'm having problems everyone else has. On the bright side I've learned to deal with the glitches!

So far I'm thoroughly impressed with the game
Resized Image

Justemporary
Yojimbo

Post by Justemporary »

I believe you have a faulty cartridge which is a bit of a bummer. If during one player the game functions fine then it ain't too bad. Try that Hum. vs Com. trick in 2 player mode and see if it glitches just as much. At least then you'll have a versus mode to work with.

What is Antibes?

Justemporary
Yojimbo

Post by Justemporary »

The character design of showa Mecha G. is very fun. Nothing but projectiles. The input leniency of the game makes it less frustrating which makes this one of my favourite fighting games period.

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

Justemporary wrote:I believe you have a faulty cartridge which is a bit of a bummer. If during one player the game functions fine then it ain't too bad. Try that Hum. vs Com. trick in 2 player mode and see if it glitches just as much. At least then you'll have a versus mode to work with.

What is Antibes?
antibes is the god monster that decends from the heavens to fight you after you have beaten the game as mecha gabera or super giant condor.....or maguma. he is the most ultimate monster ever and i struggled to beat him....................NNNNAAAAAAAAAWWWWWW, its just a typo
Resized Image

Justemporary
Yojimbo

Post by Justemporary »

Beefy, your Squirtle is so trolly. Pick up any new strategies as of late in the game? The game is still too fresh for me so I won't go back to it any time soon until something crazy new comes up.

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

Yaaaa, I figured the squirtle squad leader just captured the essence of "Beef Bigshot" in that gif!
So my basic basic strategy is to lay down the hurt by alternating between one or two light attacks and usually one heavy attack until the stun bar on the enemy is filled, then drops. Then when the guy is down, I time a few ranged shots to maximum damage. Then I'll get bored and take a few hits, JUST to use the special attack for some variety. To say the least, my offensive heavy strategy is VERY not good while fighting anguirus. Especially when usin goji. Angy ducks under every spiral blast unless you catch him off guard while he is a bit away from you. He always blocks so it's VERY hard to land any good hits on him. It takes me at least 15 seconds to deal a large amount of damage, but for angy, it takes 30 to only deal a quarter of that damage. Anguirus and mothra are the hardest for me.

Right now I have beaten the game with most of the characters(or played as them enough, except for biollante) so I'm trying to MASTER Godzilla then ghidorah, then gigan and so on. I'm pretty good with him now but I can't grasp the concept of grappling. The combo's, I just don't want to study them for some reason
Resized Image

Justemporary
Yojimbo

Post by Justemporary »

Practice mon'. I'd say Godzilla is fun once you understand his moves a bit better. Anguirus is definitely one of the hardest fights because of his low jab. I'm sure you've been stunned once or twice and don't know how to attack. You'll have to practice with Angy to see how he fairs against jump ins. And yet that damn low jab or grab starts the whole cycle over again. You really should learn grabs though. Goji has some strong quick ones that deal nice damage and follow ups. If you really want to be ambitious try his back throw into rage. I forget which throw it was but it turns their back towards you and if you time the rage correctly they are unable to block it.

Against Mothra just jump and make a waterfall of atomic breaths. Sure to knock her down low enough for you to swing with your tail. I'm glad you went and learned a bit of everyone. When you realize how cheap Biollante is you'll have a new respect for her.

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

she has the potential of being a cheap, slightly annoying character, but i cant be bothered.

ya that arial atomic breath attack could be useful but im not used to it yet and whenever it happens, its by accident. im like WOAHHHH!!!!! i mostly try the moveable atomic fire attack when dealing with her, but thats just me cuz im fond of it
Resized Image

Justemporary
Yojimbo

Post by Justemporary »

The input of special moves is very lenient. You ought to do a speed test especially since you have the cartridge now. Just roll the motion from down to back, wait a second and press attack. Happy atomic breath just like that. I myself am fond of the atomic breath too but from my experience it's a fairly fickle move. Not only does it create quite a bit of recovery depending on how you use it (I'm guessing MAXIMUM!!), it does lousy damage, it's situational as an air counter (Mothra fight is appropriate) but it also gives a lot of meter to the opponent to do their rage attacks. You're better off using the jab version because even if you pump out the breath all the way you'll still be able to recover better. The different strength attacks tend to hit more and as a result do a bit more damage but at a particular recovery cost.

Still, I don't want to interfere with your fun. Fully encourage playing it in a stylish manner. After all, it's a game so go enjoy it how you see fit. For me the breath is funnest when you land a lot of hits so naturally I use it on anyone I've managed to stun. An interesting way to use it on non-fliers is to do the shoulder throw where their back is turned towards you and just use a weak breath to set them back. If I remember right, it's unblockable. Best of luck improving against Anguirus. He still gives me quite a bit of trouble compared to the rest of the roster when I choose Godzilla.

Have you been successful landing Godzilla's rage move? It's probably one of the more satisfying ones to pull off.

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

thanks! see, with all your advanced knowledge of this game, you can pretty much destroy anyone with shear strategy. me, i just stupidly bludgeon monster till they give and i use atomic breath lol

and oh ya buddy, that rage move is VERY satisfying. when the red nuclear pulse slams into mothra, followed by the beam. mmmm very satisfying
Resized Image

Justemporary
Yojimbo

Post by Justemporary »

The only lousy part about the red beam is that it's hard to hit Mothra properly with it .-. I think one of the better times I landed it was against Super MG. The fights between the two are always the funnest somehow. At one point the Com. had full meter and I was looking for a chance to fire away. For whatever reason, I decided I'd just use it from fullscreen. It just so happened that Super MG used it's rage attack from full screen a second before I used mine. So, it's move plows through energy based moves but I caught him with the initial pulse. And then, stun, and then, I WON. Wish I had more of these moments recorded or something. Sometimes you feel like they'll never happen again.

I remember there was a point where I just played for the sake of playing. Lots of good fighting games I use to play and some of them didn't have good guides of any sort. I decided to look into one of them more thoroughly and that sort of snowballed for gaming in general for me. You might not not get to the point of wanting to know the games inside and out but I find when you get older you want to make them count and amplify their fun in different ways.

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

wow, thats a good story. every time i fight him, i have to keep laying down attacks or he will destroy me. fighting super mechagodzilla feels like fighting a weaker bagan from superG. he seriously gave me a the same anxious feeling i got from fighting bagan
Resized Image

Justemporary
Yojimbo

Post by Justemporary »

I never played SuperG but it's been a long time since I felt that sense of trepidation from fighting end bosses. Funny thing is I tend to lose to Super MG the most so I tend to choose fighting against them the most in vs mode. If I have the willpower I think I'd just make a video of random fights, facts or tricks or at least try and capture some sweet moments. Too bad I don't have another pair of hands to make it smoother and have to resort to pausing ;p There's a lot of cool rage against rage scenarios I digged as a kid. Which move would overcome the other?

I had a friend over a while ago and showed him this game and how easy it was to perform special attacks. He instantly digged it. We did a Biollante vs Megagodzilla fight and I showed him a sweet scenario of Biollante's rage plowing through Mech's from full screen and then having him raise the shield against the sap balls. Let's just say he was impressed at how epic those sort of moments feel. Air counters with Godzilla's rage is satisfying but using the pulse to break fireballs and then land all 5 segments of the red beam is where it's at.

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

Ya this game produces ALOT of good moments. My friend CANNOT at all grasp the concept of specials. He usually will use mechaG. Regardless, we have had some fun moments. Like when we supercharged SMG's chest gun. It fired a beam for a solid five seconds.........it was awesome. You should teach a friend to only spam beams, then use SMG, and absorb all the beams for a minute, THEN BLAST AWAY!!!!! it's one of the runners things ever

Oh and I highly recommend that you play supergodzilla. It's a pretty fun game if you ignore how ackward it is. I'm a slow(and bad) player and I beat it in like an hour. The final fight is really fun! Although that fight against mechagodzilla is annoying as all get out
Resized Image

Justemporary
Yojimbo

Post by Justemporary »

I'm not sure I can go to SuperG since I've played this game already lol. I definitely recall being frustrated with it. Very glad to hear you got a buddy to play this game with though. I still have no idea what it feels like but am glad I at least have a cpu to play against. And lemme tell you, the cpu does some real funky stuff. Most of the tricks I learned was from the computer doing it against me. Definitely made me respect Biollante afterwards.

For the longest time I used Mothra because of the Battra move. She was especially fun to use because she could stuff energy moves. Like if King Ghidorah was going to use his rage I'd just throw some dust into the top corner and he'd hit himself ;p Glad I went and explored the other characters though.

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

I WILL NEVER RESPECT BIOLLANTE!!!!!!!! ya i still gotta do the cpu trick but playing with a friend is.....eh. to say the least, he cant grasp the concept of button combinations........so he usually spams missiles at me with either MG or the gotengo......OH and both characters are glitched do to my faulty cartridge as well!!! goody. actually MG only messes up when in flying mode and the gotengo.......is a laggin piece of sh**.

to say the least, the gotengo is a bit unfair. there is pretty much nothing you can do against it do to the missies it fires, AS A BASIC ATTACK!

i do need to learn a few more tricks regarding this game though. my usual strategy will either work beautifully, or fail miserably.
Resized Image