Bandai Ultra Hero & Ultra Monster Series (2013+)

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.
Mr. X
Keizer

Re: Ultra 500 Line Thread

Post by Mr. X »

Hopefully somebody will snap a few closeups of the new ones.
G2000 wrote:
2004Zilla wrote:May God have mercy on this site.
He's given up
2009MECHAGODZILLA wrote:
G2000 wrote:What about leeks? Can we post leeks?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... 3/Leek.jpg
http://orig02.deviantart.net/f900/f/201 ... 9nqjrv.png

Mr. X
Keizer

Post by Mr. X »

Legion1979 wrote:Ok, NOW I see Muruchi, but he's hidden behind...the black guy in the cape. What's his name again? LOL
Good eye! (Empera, BTW) What genius put him there?

And who is that guy at the top-left (next to the spiky thing)? WoO?
G2000 wrote:
He's given up
2009MECHAGODZILLA wrote:

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

Post by PopInPicsPresents »

Legion1979 wrote:Ok, NOW I see Muruchi, but he's hidden behind...the black guy in the cape. What's his name again? LOL
Emperor Seijen :P
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Jomei wrote:Anyway, who's everyone's best girl for X? I'm on team Asuna.
Mama Birdon is bae
Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

Orgasmatron
G-Grasper

Post by Orgasmatron »

Mr. X wrote: And who is that guy at the top-left (next to the spiky thing)? WoO?
thats snowgon from jack, and whats with the top row of paper ultras? how dumb do they think we are!!
formerly known as Godzilla1964

Mr. X
Keizer

Post by Mr. X »

Snowgon, got it. Just to clarify, I was thinking of Bio Planet WoO, not Woo from Ultraman.

Orgasmatron wrote:and whats with the top row of paper ultras? how dumb do they think we are!!
I thought they were real! I mean, don't the figures have a big white outline?

New pic:

http://p.twpl.jp/show/orig/0g94Y
G2000 wrote:
He's given up
2009MECHAGODZILLA wrote:

Orgasmatron
G-Grasper

Post by Orgasmatron »

i think the spark thing is actually pretty cool :)

Mr. X
Keizer

Post by Mr. X »

G2000 wrote:
He's given up
2009MECHAGODZILLA wrote:

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

Why does Doragory have a clown-colored face and why is Fire Golza only half-painted...? I really hope the actual production pieces of these look better...
Size DOES matter!

Primevalgodzilla V2
Futurian

Post by Primevalgodzilla V2 »

Yeah, these things look really cheap (okay, they are cheap, but still) and they aren't that much smaller than Bandai vinyls. They may be really affordable but I want my figures to be at least of a certain quality before they feature on my shelf. I can see real craftsmanship in every 6' Bandai I own, which I don't see here. Gan-Q, Doragory and Golza in particular fare pretty poorly.

That being said, some of these (Red King, Baltan, Zarags, Bemstar etc) look great. But I'm just not feeling alot of this line.
It is a simple story. There is nothing that brings me happiness. Be it believing in others or them believe in me, it did not matter.
What others called happiness simply did not bring me joy.

Mr. X
Keizer

Post by Mr. X »

All the figures from wave 1 look just about as good as the 6" ones.

I doubt Fire Golza, Doragory, and whoever else has a half-assed paint job will look like that on shelves.
G2000 wrote:
He's given up
2009MECHAGODZILLA wrote:

Plexton
EDF Instructor

Post by Plexton »

Awesome, thanks Mr. X!

Yeah, for what they are, I think they look fantastic. This is really the kind of range I've been hoping for in an Ultraman line (as opposed to what we have in, say, the Ultra-Act line), and given how affordable these figures are for the kids, we may even see many more figures produced in short order.

It's also the perfect line to take chances on; have an obscure monster or hero in mind? This line could very easily feature that character, thanks to how cheap the figures are to produce.

Primevalgodzilla V2
Futurian

Legion1979 wrote:I'm also going to point out, again, that these are 500 yen figures. Hell, many of us have been able to pre-order these for as little as 365 yen. We were paying more for those unpainted, boxed, PVC "Super Godzilla" series figures in the '90s. I'm not expecting these to look as good as the standard 6" line, and I think it's wrong for anyone else to be either. The quality and variety of what we're getting in such a short period of time is astounding, and it's really terrific that Bandai is paying so much attention to Showa-era characters we've never gotten before in the standard line.

I'm sure that's not going to stop the inevitable bitch-fests come September: "The legs don't move!" "The detail is too soft!" "These are too small!" "This one doesn't scale with that one!" Yadda yadda yadda. The best so far was over at Club Tokyo, where someone considered it an insult how long-time collectors waited so long for obscure characters only to get them in a smaller scale.
I don't consider it an insult and am glad folks like Baraba and Bemstar are finally getting decent vinyls, and Mochiron and Snowgon are getting Bandais at all, and these are definitely worth the money, but I do want my figures to be of a certain standard before they go on the shelf (unless its a really old one). I realise this differs from collector to collector (ie;Some only collect X-plus and Model Kits, some are okay with BCs), and I probably won't be able to resist grabbing a few of these if they turn up in the collector's shops, but I that's my current stand on things.
It is a simple story. There is nothing that brings me happiness. Be it believing in others or them believe in me, it did not matter.

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

On a japanese Ultraman-related blog it was stated that in the japanese Tsuburaya Shops they shell out all the 6" Ultra Hero & Monster Series figures (which have been restocked there for ages, literally) to be ultimately replaced by the 500 line(s) from now on. That basically means that, yes, the 6" line(s) will be abandoned by BANDAI. Or at least put on hiatus for a long(er) time.
Size DOES matter!

Primevalgodzilla V2
Futurian

Now that I'm peeved over. I don't care for 5' or 4' figures- nowadays I collect mostly 6' and 8' figs. This...doesn't bode well.

Orgasmatron
G-Grasper

Post by Orgasmatron »

i know some of you are probably going to disagree, but we would be saying the same thing if the original line we knew and loved first was the 4-5" scale figures and they were replaced by 6" figures

Plexton
EDF Instructor

Post by Plexton »

Changing the scale of the line does make sense; with the rising cost of materials, and consumer space at an increasing premium, North American toy makers switched from a standard 6 inch scale to a smaller standard 4-5 inch scale a number of years ago. In Japan, where space is even more of a premium, smaller toys have already been popular for decades, and so this line fits more naturally into the current market.

Of course, much as certain North American companies still make 6 inch figures for adult collectors, so too does Bandai produce the 6 inch Ultra-Act line (remember that the Ultra-Acts are actually fairly inexpensive, before their outrageous secondary market prices).

RedZillaKing

Post by RedZillaKing »

I'm seriously considering quitting while I'm ahead here. I was interested because these were only gonna be 0.5 inches shorter than the former standard. From recent pics some don't even look like they clear the 5' mark. No thank you. :(

BandaiBandit
Monarch Researcher

Post by BandaiBandit »

From what I read these figures are 140mm, which 5.51 inches in height.
I'm going to stock them, they look good to me!
Godzilla Toys Never Get Old, Just People That Own Them!

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

RedZillaKing wrote:I was interested because these were only gonna be 0.5 inches shorter than the former standard. From recent pics some don't even look like they clear the 5' mark. No thank you. :(
Yes, it's quite a lewtdown for me, too... :(
It's seemingly an unwritten rule that we just can't have any in-scale BANDAI vinyl figure series, unfortunately.

However, I'll still get them since i own a lot of the roughly 4" Hyper-sized figures from the PHVS sets and stuff. At least the small-sided 500 monsters seem to scale way better with these instead.
I just noticed that that's actually a smart move by BANDAI since that way they might get people to collect all three scales (6", 5" & 4"), just to be able to disyplay screen-accurately scaled characters on your shelf... ;)
Size DOES matter!

Petezilla
Gotengo Officer

Post by Petezilla »

^ We didn't at all expect them to be in scale this time. We just simply hoped they were for the very first time... ;)

However, I can live with it. I have many 6" and 4" BANDAI vinyls to satisfy most of my accurate scale needs ~
Size DOES matter!