2013 X-Plus Vinyl Figures Discussion Thread

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.

Which Figure Should X-Plus Absolutely Release in 2013?

1. Battra
10%
2. Destroyah
19%
3. Gabara
16%
4. Guiron Gamera villain
2%
5. Gyaos Gamera villain
2%
6. Kamakiras
8%
7. Megaguirus
9%
8. Orga
11%
9. Space Godzilla
22%
10. Viras Gamera villain
1%

Total votes: 108

MasonWerx
Interpol Agent

Re: 2013 X-Plus Vinyl Figures Discussion Thread

Post by MasonWerx »

g robot wrote:Looks like lot of friends went over to facebook. Well anyway, I've posted some pics non-related x-plus. My latest project, Frankie & Baragon resin and Billiken Mecha Kong with LED's, maybe the last resin I will do.

Good work! I like it.

And yeah, alot of the activity has shifted to the facebook page. You're one of the few remaining holdouts, I guess. I go by Dan Mason on facebook (my first and middle names). You'll see me there if you decide to join.

Doombot
Yojimbo

Post by Doombot »

Hey that MechaniKong is awesome, can I ask how you did that?

Planetxman
Interpol Agent

Post by Planetxman »

King Caesar
Kumonga
When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the Earth.

ZillaMaster91
G-Grasper

Post by ZillaMaster91 »

Pre-ordered both a little earlier! GREAT looking figures, can't wait to get them when they come out.

g robot
GPN Volunteer

Post by g robot »

To Doombot I don't in anyway try or to be rude, radioshack can help you out if decide to create anything with led's and just learn how to solder.

To Masonwerx Last night I tried to join the group and was told by Brad Simmons that "unfortunately I didn't meet the standard requirements to join the group" . I wasted my time creating a facebook account, sorry if I disappointed you.

GCrusher
G-Force Personnel

Post by GCrusher »

g robot wrote: To Masonwerx Last night I tried to join the group and was told by Brad Simmons that "unfortunately I didn't meet the standard requirements to join the group" . I wasted my time creating a facebook account, sorry if I disappointed you.
I think they only accept profiles that are 100 days old, they are way too high browed there. So you're not missing much.
Both resources here and there provide a good forum to learn about and interact. There are some pretty high- browed comments made in this thread and others. When people are passionate, have nothing else to do or are seeking attention and validation we have been known to come across one way or another. Just try back after x-days and you'll be fine.
The only difference I've seen between the two is that forum seems to post more personal collection photos and they do screen, as you have found out, to keep the interest in their topic sincere. Here like other fan sites, haters will hate. That's all they wish to control/avoid.

Where did the KS pics come from? X-Plus hasn't even posted them to their site yet, and its up for per order on Hobby Search too!

Brad Simmons
Monarch Researcher

Post by Brad Simmons »

g robot wrote:To Doombot I don't in anyway try or to be rude, radioshack can help you out if decide to create anything with led's and just learn how to solder.

To Masonwerx Last night I tried to join the group and was told by Brad Simmons that "unfortunately I didn't meet the standard requirements to join the group" . I wasted my time creating a facebook account, sorry if I disappointed you.
Hi g robot,

As Frank has mentioned (thank you Frank), we try to keep certain types of individuals out of our group. Namely, pathological liars, people who steal photos from the Net or our members and claim them as their own, etc., etc. One of the ways we do this is by assessing the length a Facebook account has been opened. We've had numerous attempts to join the group by an individual we banned for the reasons mentioned above. Unfortunately, sometimes that means inadvertently turning away legitimate fans who are responsible individuals and by no means wish any ill will. It's not a hard and fast rule and one I will make exceptions to once I'm confident of the individual who has applied. If you would like to reapply, I will approve your request for admission. My apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you. We would love to have you join us. You've been a positive contributing member of TK for a while now. :)

GCrusher
G-Force Personnel

Post by GCrusher »

I have seen this on a few X-Plus figures and I am wondering what it is...

It's a straight bump going down Godzilla's chest, and I can't find out what it is.
Bandai and other figures have it too. I think it's their interpretation of the suit, it's just that maybe it's more prominent in their figures? I'm not sure if that's what you're pointing out.

Destroyer
G-Grasper

Post by Destroyer »

Got these two in the mail today.

I put more pics in the 'What Toy Did you just Buy' thread.
Making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil. ~Ephesians 5:16

Twitter: https://twitter.com/Destroyer_199

Owner of http://destroyer14.com/

Editor/Reviewer for http://www.unleashthefanboy.com/.

GCrusher
G-Force Personnel

Post by GCrusher »

Does the Final Wars G really have a purple tongue?

Dillyziller
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Dillyziller »

GCrusher wrote:Does the Final Wars G really have a purple tongue?
Yes
^This post in sexually offensive.

GCrusher
G-Force Personnel

Post by GCrusher »

That purple tongue seems odd, is it supposed to be purple?

This is what I'm most looking forward to the remainder of the year! Yea baby! King Seesars for everyone!!
I wonder if we'll see a 30cm scale down the line as well?
Interested in comparing the detail between them and finally moving past the original Bandai and the stylized Marmit.

Benagon
Samurai

Post by Benagon »

The facebook group used to let everybody in, but a certain person kept stealing other peoples' collection photos and claiming they were his own, so he eventually got banned and kept trying to rejoin. He ruined it, so blame should go to him.

tymon
Futurian

Post by tymon »

Destroyer wrote:Got these two in the mail today.

I put more pics in the 'What Toy Did you just Buy' thread.
Ah man, X-Plus really nailed those two designs. Amazing.
JAGzilla wrote:And then there was The Giant Condor. He...seemed very dedicated to what he was doing?

Steph3dfx
Monarch Researcher

Post by Steph3dfx »

Kumonga looks like a great replica and I would love to add more monsters to my DAM x-Plus setup but ................. I hate spiders and that thing looks like a creepy badass.
I wonder the reaction of girlfriend and the like around this figure proudly displayed ................. :shock:
Also the footprint of this figure is hugh, taking a lot of precious shelf's space.

It looks like the ears up option on both Baragon and KC will be a f@king RIC boy exclusive unlike Godzilla 68 closed mouth option on regular version. :mad:
I'm very dissapointed.

Jon
GPN Volunteer

Post by Jon »

Indeed. I thought the extra ears would be on the standard release for King Caesar and that Okinawa statue would be the only exclusive. Anyway, I wanted him with the hanging ears so it works out. I definitely want Baragon with standing ears though. I sound like a f'n dog breeder talking about the ears on these.

Ghidorahs3rdHead
Samurai

Post by Ghidorahs3rdHead »

So, the statue doesn't come with the Seesar being released? That's unfortunate..

Jon
GPN Volunteer

Post by Jon »

Probably will come with the Ric-Boy, along with the alternate ears.

Steph3dfx
Monarch Researcher

Post by Steph3dfx »

X-plus web page updated :

http://www.ric-toy.ne.jp/top.html

http://www.ric-toy.ne.jp/blog-rojiura/

No update on Baragon for the moment :(
It will probably be included in the next batch of figures.
I prefer KC without the ears up, but I feel the opposite about Baragon.

Planetxman
Interpol Agent

Post by Planetxman »

When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the Earth.