2013 X-Plus Vinyl Figures Discussion Thread

For the discussion of Toho toys, models, figures and other collectibles of this nature.

Which Figure Should X-Plus Absolutely Release in 2013?

1. Battra
10%
2. Destroyah
19%
3. Gabara
16%
4. Guiron Gamera villain
2%
5. Gyaos Gamera villain
2%
6. Kamakiras
8%
7. Megaguirus
9%
8. Orga
11%
9. Space Godzilla
22%
10. Viras Gamera villain
1%

Total votes: 108

MasonWerx
Interpol Agent

Re: 2013 X-Plus Vinyl Figures Discussion Thread

Post by MasonWerx »

Jon wrote:Does anyone know if the Real Master Series Manda with the Gotengo is the same scale as the 30cm Manda?
I'm pretty sure its 30cm scale as well, but I'm not 100% sure.

Planetxman
Interpol Agent

Post by Planetxman »

When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the Earth.

SUPERTOHOREMIX
Futurian

Post by SUPERTOHOREMIX »

Planetxman Wrote:

I think Ridley Scott would like to have a stern word with you :P.

Great looking Kumonga though.

ZillaMaster91
G-Grasper

Post by ZillaMaster91 »

Kumonga looks really neat, but I don't think I'll be purchasing him. To be honest, I don't really care much for Kumonga - in regards of having a figure of him in my collection. I am much more focussed on getting the new 25cm Baragon sculpt, and the 25cm King Seesar.

MasonWerx
Interpol Agent

Post by MasonWerx »

Its giant, to say the least. If I get it I'll have to get creative about displaying it.

g robot
GPN Volunteer

Post by g robot »

Wait I,m little confused, is that kumonga the same in the shadows on Ric-Toy and or is it 25 or 30 cm because it looks extra large.

MasonWerx
Interpol Agent

Post by MasonWerx »

Yes, I've been told this is the 25 cm. Its either really, really big or that guy in the picture is really, really small.

Alot of people were wanting Kumonga, but alot of them may be hesiitant now that they see it will take up as much shelf space as Biollante.

Edit: I'm not sure where this picture came from. It isn't on ric-toy's blog so it might be a false alarm.

Re-edit: I guess that the pic is from ric-toy's twitter page. What the hell is twitter anyway? I've looked at it and it seems like the most counter-intuitive social networking site that I've ever seen.
Last edited by MasonWerx on Fri May 31, 2013 8:01 am, edited 2 times in total.

Planetxman
Interpol Agent

Post by Planetxman »

MasonWerx wrote:Yes, I've been told this is the 25 cm. Its either really, really big or that guy in the picture is really, really small.

Alot of people were wanting Kumonga, but alot of them may be hesiitant now that they see it will take up as much shelf space as Biollante.
I definitely want it but am having a hard time figuring out where to display him.
When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the Earth.

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

Are there any statuetts of Manda 2004? Any at all perhaps wrapping around the Gotengo?

PS, if the King Caesar comes out, can someone do me a favor and PM me with a link to it, I've been waiting for this for awhile, LOL
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

g robot
GPN Volunteer

Post by g robot »

After seeing that kumonga I can't even image a Ghidorah figure size to keep it upright, but I guess it will be a Real Masters exculsive with stand.
I just can't see it being a stand alone figure.

MasonWerx
Interpol Agent

Post by MasonWerx »

g robot wrote:After seeing that kumonga I can't even image a Ghidorah figure size to keep it upright, but I guess it will be a Real Masters exculsive with stand.
I just can't see it being a stand alone figure.
I can think of a possible way to create a stand alone vinyl Ghidorah. Take the way that they designed the wings on Mothra out of a rigid material and then incorporate an endo skeleton within the figure to support those wings at the feet. The heads and tails would need to come detached so that the box isn't the size of a washing machine It would still be a big box though.

And the price is going to be high for all the extra rigging of the endoskeleton, plus the fact that it has three heads and will be huge.

g robot
GPN Volunteer

Post by g robot »

MasonWerx That sounds to be the concept way of doing it, I just was hoping Xplus don't use the same poly resin as in the manda and gotengo to do a ghidorah figure. I try to stay away from resin because I'm always moving figure's around the shelf also the manda/gotengo was a purchase for me but I've heard some people say poly resin is very fragile.
Did you pre order the manda/gotengo?

Destroyer
G-Grasper

Post by Destroyer »

Anyone else find it odd that the pre-orders for Godzilla 04 and Gamers 95 haven't come up for finalization yet?
Making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil. ~Ephesians 5:16

Twitter: https://twitter.com/Destroyer_199

Owner of http://destroyer14.com/

Editor/Reviewer for http://www.unleashthefanboy.com/.

MasonWerx
Interpol Agent

Post by MasonWerx »

g robot wrote:MasonWerx That sounds to be the concept way of doing it, I just was hoping Xplus don't use the same poly resin as in the manda and gotengo to do a ghidorah figure. I try to stay away from resin because I'm always moving figure's around the shelf also the manda/gotengo was a purchase for me but I've heard some people say poly resin is very fragile.
Did you pre order the manda/gotengo?
It depends on the quality of the material to some degree. Some resin statues are more durable than others, but there is no doubt that resin figures are easily broken, even the ones that are made of a less brittle material. If they release a new resin Ghidorah, I won't buy it.

My 25 cm x-plus Megalon fell off of a seven foot high shelf onto a hardwood floor and somehow did not get damaged at all so vinyl is definitley my preference. The good thing about resin is that its so rigid and therefore it won't change shape from gravity or heat like vinyl so it won't develop leaning problems like vinyl does, but I still don't trust myself with them.
Destroyer wrote:Anyone else find it odd that the pre-orders for Godzilla 04 and Gamers 95 haven't come up for finalization yet?
Mine are in stock, but I'm still waiting for the invoice.

ZillaMaster91
G-Grasper

Post by ZillaMaster91 »

Destroyer wrote:Anyone else find it odd that the pre-orders for Godzilla 04 and Gamers 95 haven't come up for finalization yet?
I got my In-Stock notice and Paypal receipt from Hobby Search yesterday.

Also, turns out that I may be able to get Kumonga after all! I'll just keep NECA's 18" Gypsy Danger figure in my 'Pile of Loot' at BBTS till August when I'm able to pay for it. That way, I'm free to get Kumonga, huzzah!

MasonWerx
Interpol Agent

Post by MasonWerx »

I guess that Hobby Search is busy right now. I'm still waiting on my invoice. I just looked up what Gypsy Danger is. It is a mecha from pacific rim, I guess. I hope that movie is the shiznite!

Destroyer
G-Grasper

Post by Destroyer »

I pre-ordered G04 and Gamera 95 at Ami Ami, so I'm just waiting for that e-mail.

I might have to pick up that Kumonga, looks big.
Making the most of every opportunity, because the days are evil. ~Ephesians 5:16

Twitter: https://twitter.com/Destroyer_199

Owner of http://destroyer14.com/

Editor/Reviewer for http://www.unleashthefanboy.com/.

MasonWerx
Interpol Agent

Post by MasonWerx »

I just got the invoice from Hobby Search.

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

I think I might just pick up FinaroGoji and Manda. Does anyone know the release date for FinaroGoji?

#BotM

Gooberzilla
Interpol Agent

Post by Gooberzilla »

Kumonga will be mine! :mrgreen:
“The arrogance of man is thinking nature is in our control, and not the other way around.” "Let them fight."