Godzilla: Save the Earth discussion

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
space godzilla
JXSDF Technician

Godzilla: Save the Earth discussion

Post by space godzilla »

I searched for any threads about this game and couldn't find any about the game in general. So here we go.
This is probably the best official Godzilla game made. It's got a great roster, and a great selection of arenas. The minigames can be fun sometimes. I like to play it if I want to kick some monster butt and destroy half a city in the process. So what does everyone else think of this game?
Against all the evil that Hell can conjure, all the wickedness that mankind can produce, we will send unto them... only you. Rip and tear, until it is done. - King Novik, DOOM Eternal

MechaZillaClone
GPN Volunteer

Re: Godzilla: Save the Earth discussion

Post by MechaZillaClone »

This was the first video game I bought and played for my original XBOX and will always be my favorite Godzilla video game. Godzilla 2000 was my favorite character for nostalgia value, but Jet Jaguar was my favorite character to play as mainly because of his size changing ability.
Last edited by MechaZillaClone on Sun May 19, 2013 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shadow Arena
Wins-0
Losses-2

20th Century Boy
Futurian

Post by 20th Century Boy »

I bought a PS2 just to play this game, and it was worth it. Lots of monsters, lots of destruction, solid gameplay, and an overall pretty good game. I still play it from time to time.

GigaBowserG
Vice President
Vice President

Post by GigaBowserG »

This and GDAMM are the only two games we play regularly on the Xbox. GStE is probably my favorite Godzilla game... I love the roster, the arenas are diverse and fun, the fighting has some surprising technical elements to it (press the Block button while prone to auto-stand & be invincible for a few frames, great for countering beams), and it feels so similar to GDAMM, which was another fun game.
Mecha M wrote:[after seeing Shin Godzilla's design] Looks like partially cooked carne asada
/crawls back under rock

JKN
Samurai

Post by JKN »

Only thing I didn't like that Unleashed had was a last monster standing match with no lives nor time-limit
-I must be like the only sane person who liked Zilla

Mr. Strange
G-Force Personnel

Post by Mr. Strange »

I thought it was a great game! I always buy extra copies when I see them in the used bin.

Shadow
Futurian

Post by Shadow »

I love this game, the arenas are awesome, having more monsters is sweet. My only beef with this is it's timer, it's too damn short, I want a vast majority of the city to fall with my enemy if not the whole city. So I can roar at the sky while the city lies in ruin along with my opponent.
Half as long, twice as bright.
Resized ImageResized Image
Greatest Advertisement of all time.
Greatest Parody Video of all time.
TK's Resident Master Crazy Narrator and Attack on Titan fan

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

I adore this game so much. The beam weapons actually did shit, monsters had weight, you had a shitload of cities to play in, the mini games were interesting etc. I plan on getting two copies of the game for my 360 slim, just so I'll have a spare once I play the shit out of the first copy :lol:.

#BotM

GodzillaDude
Futurian

Post by GodzillaDude »

I had a lot of fun playing this for a time. Pretty addicting for awhile.
SA
W: 72 L: 72

Instagram: @bloodeejacobreviews

Youtube channel (TV shows, movies, games, horror in general, etc): http://www.youtube.com/c/BloodeeJacob

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

^ I heard that it could work, but the graphics would be extremely choppy :?.

#BotM

Baragon98
Interpol Agent

Post by Baragon98 »

The only thing I don't understand,is why this game and Godzilla Unleashed(PS2) are THE SAME THING?!
"The circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

^ They are very similar, but Godzilla Unleashed for the PS2 is just a poor man's version of STE, and Unleashed for the Wii.

#BotM

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

^What did you tell em? I myself would have told them to just have the game as an exclusive Wii title and/or work on the scrapped PSP version.

#BotM

Baragon98
Interpol Agent

Post by Baragon98 »

Godzilla165 wrote:^ They are very similar, but Godzilla Unleashed for the PS2 is just a poor man's version of STE, and Unleashed for the Wii.
The wii version is a lot better than the PS2 version.Playing STE and godzilla Unleashed for PS is playing the same game with another name
"The circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are."

Starsteam
Keizer

Post by Starsteam »

Baragon98 wrote:
Godzilla165 wrote:^ They are very similar, but Godzilla Unleashed for the PS2 is just a poor man's version of STE, and Unleashed for the Wii.
The wii version is a lot better than the PS2 version.Playing STE and godzilla Unleashed for PS is playing the same game with another name
At least the PS2 version got Battra and Showa Gigan. Sure, they don't compare to the exclusive monsters in the Wii version, but still, I wish the Wii version could of have had ALL the monsters.

Baragon98
Interpol Agent

Post by Baragon98 »

starsteam wrote:
Baragon98 wrote:
At least the PS2 version got Battra and Showa Gigan. Sure, they don't compare to the exclusive monsters in the Wii version, but still, I wish the Wii version could of have had ALL the monsters.
But in Godzila Unleashed (PS2) Battra is Mothra with another skin,and Showa Gigan is in STE

Starsteam
Keizer

Post by Starsteam »

Baragon98 wrote:
starsteam wrote:
Baragon98 wrote: The wii version is a lot better than the PS2 version.Playing STE and godzilla Unleashed for PS is playing the same game with another name
But in Godzila Unleashed (PS2) Battra is Mothra with another skin,and Showa Gigan is in STE
Yeah, I know. But you still got to play as them, no matter how much playing as Battra is the same as playing as Mothra.

Baragon98
Interpol Agent

Post by Baragon98 »

I know,but must be better if they have some different things,and ALL GAME with another gameplay

SUPERTOHOREMIX
Futurian

Post by SUPERTOHOREMIX »

On the lines of Biollante, can someone please explain THIS?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2VmNhQu3WU
Mod? Hack? What sorcery is at work here?!

MDK
Terminated
Terminated

Post by MDK »

TK's resident O L D S H O W A F A N B O Y who is a salty heisei and sticklegs zilla H A T E R and GINO fan S T E R E O T Y P E R and member who threw a T E M P E R T A N T R U M over Vega
Legion1979 wrote:The Godzilla fandom tends to attract three types of people; ignorant kids, social deviants and drunks in their late '20s and older. Lol
SaltPersonified wrote:Says the one who threw a temper tantrum over Vega
If you're forced ignored with me and you see this because you logged out to read my posts you need a life lol