SpaceG92 Sprites, Pictures, Projects, Customs, ect.

A place for users to show off their creativity in the forms of art, music, movies or games.
SpaceG92
Keizer

Re: SpaceG92 Films, Pictures, Projects and Customs

Post by SpaceG92 »

So...not a vector this time. I've been working still on that and now a side project! Hurrah more work load! So, I had the idea for this for a month or two but gave up due to lack of resources to make it, now I have said resources I received a "spark" to kick start the project again! (Thank you Burninggodzillalord, AWM and Gojifan! Your projects have helped kick start mine again :D) The idea/story has several concepts and I will choose one in abit but as of now I have 3 full stories written down. Each fall into what would be a decent sequel to Super Godzilla. Note this is made on RPG Maker, so expect some RPG elements just tweaked to Super Godzilla standards. Already replaced most of the game sounds to one's used in the movies so you can notice some nods to the films. I have 6 battles/mobs designed and 2 bosses. Again nothing but placeholder art :/ Im working on dialogue scripts now and that will take me...awhile, I have to wait awhile so keep checking back in here for any updates.

Anyways, enjoy a quick teaser for now...*Note: The region of Japan is the southern region and is just a place holder*

Project Title Pending: SUPER GODZILLA 2

A VERY rough beta of Southern Japan with ALOT of placeholder sprites.

*Super Godzilla sprite by Burninggodzillalord*

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

Sooooooooo much super Godzilla how are the battles goin to be like, sorta like the original?

Also this looks pretty good and if this one stays true to the original it will be pretty sweet. I don't no why but I'm a sucker for super Godzilla.
Resized Image

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

Beef Bigshot wrote: I don't no why but I'm a sucker for SUPER Godzilla.
That's probably the reason ;)
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Beef Bigshot wrote:Sooooooooo much super Godzilla how are the battles goin to be like, sorta like the original?
Currently it's on the RPG Maker engine and stay that way since its the only thing im familiar with. If you've ever played BGL's game it's similar to that but scripted and the enemies have a WIDE array of moves to chose. Im tempted to add a few status allements like poison for Hedorah, Stun for Orga ect but that might unbalance the game.

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

Well I was leaning towards nostalgia but yup, that's prob it

Ya but will it be like you can see Godzilla and say ghidorah while fighting or will it be more like BGL and you don't really see your character
Resized Image

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Beef Bigshot wrote:Well I was leaning towards nostalgia but yup, that's prob it

Ya but will it be like you can see Godzilla and say ghidorah while fighting or will it be more like BGL and you don't really see your character
That's being decided upon now actually. It might show your character on the side or under or just a mugshot. Actually straying form topic abit, BGL added a char screen in battles and should be released in his next Beta/Alpha.

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

Hhhmmmm ya while I don't have a problem with not seeing your character but I feel like for the sake of this game you need to be able two because you only have one character.
Resized Image

Burninggodzillalord
Interpol Agent

Post by Burninggodzillalord »

Mang. Super Godzilla 2, Super Godzilla Breakout, Super Godzilla... Remake? Wow i need a catchier name. But damn Super Godzilla out the buttocks.
SpaceG92 wrote:BGL added a char screen in battles and should be released in his next Beta/Alpha.
Currently it will be in the Super G Remake. It may change for the sake of i can.

If you need scripts Search the web. I posted the link to the VX forums because i thought thats what you used. I shoulda probably stopped to read first -.-

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Good project news. I got some sprite material, some of which have been provided by BGL others I had to rip myself. Currently. Im having to doctor up all up/down sprites for Godzilla, the place holder is an Arrow drawn and paint. Im tempted to keep it because it is hilarious! The first "tutorial" world is done in terms of layout and basic design. Alot of sounds have been changed and recorded along with a pending soundtrack.

Enjoy a quick teaser of the first "world" and the over world to go with it 8-)

Burninggodzillalord
Interpol Agent

SpaceG92 wrote:Good project news. I got some sprite material, some of which have been provided by BGL others I had to rip myself. Currently. Im having to doctor up all up/down sprites for Godzilla, the place holder is an Arrow drawn and paint. Im tempted to keep it because it is hilarious! The first "tutorial" world is done in terms of layout and basic design. Alot of sounds have been changed and recorded along with a pending soundtrack.

Enjoy a quick teaser of the first "world" and the over world to go with it 8-)
MONSUTAA ISRANDO?!

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Aye, the current shared opening plot for all 3 of my roughs is after the events of Super Godzilla. Godzilla at the end wades into the sea and for 6 years he was never seen again. This is a small remote island that is uncharted in the Pacific. The island contains Godzilla who uses it as he refuge and so do others...

Burninggodzillalord
Interpol Agent

SpaceG92 wrote:Aye, the current shared opening plot for all 3 of my roughs is after the events of Super Godzilla. Godzilla at the end wades into the sea and for 6 years he was never seen again. This is a small remote island that is uncharted in the Pacific. The island contains Godzilla who uses it as he refuge and so do others...
Nice. sounds good. will only Godzilla/Super Godzilla be playable?

GojiFan93
GPN Volunteer

Post by GojiFan93 »

Hey man nice job just saw this new project you are doing! Good luck to you! :huge:
<-gojifan1993->

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Burninggodzillalord wrote:Nice. sounds good. will only Godzilla/Super Godzilla be playable?
That is the current plan as of now.
GojiFan93 wrote:Hey man nice job just saw this new project you are doing! Good luck to you! :huge:
Thank you :D Same to you.

I know it's very small but everytime I use GIMP to make it larger it distorts it way more then it should, something I played with in the settings maybe. Anyways, got around to doctoring a sprite rip and after a few test sprites that looks JUST like the Raid's Again Godzilla in terms of derp factor I wound up with this guy. Only think I will change it will look like he is actually walking not moving his tail. As of posting this I went back and fixed his "Block Head" and relocated his jaw so it looks better. I may or may not add a few more images tonight.

Burninggodzillalord
Interpol Agent

SpaceG92 wrote:That is the current plan as of now.
Noiche.
SpaceG92 wrote:Image
Use MSPaint.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Burninggodzillalord wrote:Use MSPaint.
Indeed I did, at least for all the current sprites as of now. Now to work on a back view :-x

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Revamped title menu, I might revamp it one more time but the only thing i'm going to change are the custom menu bars which should be done tomorrow. I will avoid posting another pic of it but it's going to look like the original Super Godzilla :roll: I've been playing around with scripts and stuff so im getting some neat features. Anyhow, till whenever I update again.

Edit: Changed the menu, the selection bars look alot better then before.

Burninggodzillalord
Interpol Agent

SpaceG92 wrote:Revamped title menu, I might revamp it one more time but the only thing i'm going to change are the custom menu bars which should be done tomorrow. I will avoid posting another pic of it but it's going to look like the original Super Godzilla :roll: I've been playing around with scripts and stuff so im getting some neat features. Anyhow, till whenever I update again.
Neato Petito, Jalapeño.

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Well, I had a brain storm while on the way home. Originally, currency was to be used to buy "Natural Upgrades" which would be weapons/armor and accessories (extra attack items, regen while in combat) but decided to scrap the idea because how can I implement a store? It wont work. Then it came to me. Skill system...

Currency will be used to purchase skill's from a respective "tree" of skills. Some can be upgrade past 1 and some are one time upgrades. Some upgrade a previous skill more. Some are passive increases and other's are random events. A brief rundown below.

Offensive, Defensive, Tactical
-------------------------------------
Offensive governs attack abilities, passive base attack increase and is for a highly brutal play style but you lack the survival of the other tree's. Sample skills in the Offensive tree's are;

Unstable Nuclear Fission (1/3) : Godzilla's heart is a mini nuclear reactor. Thus creating the act of Nuclear Fission, this increases his heart's ability to create fission and increasing his SPECIAL DAMAGE. (Can be upgraded a total of 3 times) Passive
Brutal Punch (1): Godzilla put's more power in his basic punch attack. Dealing XX more damage per punch and has a small chance of stunning the opponent. Replaces ability "Punch"
Improved Atomic Breath (1/3) : Godzilla's puts more effort in his Atomic Breath attacks, dealing more damage but at the cost of more energy per use. (Can be upgraded 3 times) Passive
Spiral Fire (1) : Requires 3 Points in "Improved Atomic Breath", Left over energy from the Super Godzilla Cell's have left Godzilla with an extremely powerful breath attack. Though not as strong as his Nova Beam it still is highly effective. New Ability
Meltdown (1) : Requires 3 points in "Unstable Nuclear Fission" and "Spiral Fire", As Godzilla's heart exerts more fission he becomes increasingly unstable. Randomly his SPECIAL ATTACK stat will increase as the battle goes but this ability deals more passive damage each turn. Passive

Defensive governs Godzilla's survival and the ability to last longer at the cost of some damage. This tree relies on outlasting your opponent and slowly taking away their health while recovering yours. Example skills are;

Hardened Hide (1/3) : Godzilla's natural skin evolution and battle scars cause his wounds and skin to harden after every battle, getting tougher each time. Can be upgraded 3 times. Passive
Demoralizing Roar (1) : Godzilla roars loudly even at the toughest of enemies, lowering their moral in battlem decreasing their ATTACK STAT and SPECIAL ATTACK. Ability
Regenerator G1 (1) : Godzilla's special ability is to recover from injuries extremely rapidly, this is the next step in his already high regeneration. Restores health while in battle slowly. Ability
Organizer G1 (1/3) : Requires "Regenerator G1", The next evolution of Godzilla's cells, it could be from the left over Super cells or his natural cell regeneration. This increases his ability to heal in combat. Can be upgraded 3 times. Passive, Ability
Nuclear Pulse (1) : When Godzilla's atomic breath backfires or when he is in trouble he can surge nuclear energy of that of a atomic breath all through out his body hurting all of those within reach. This deals damage to all monsters and stuns them for 1 turn. Ability

Tactical is a hybrid tree. Balancing both Offense and Defense which can be used with a good player to counter and manage their own in battle. Some skills are; (Mostly Showa Godzilla ability's and moves)

Tail Slide
Enchanted Regeneration
Counter Punch
Reflex's
Magnetic EMP Pull

Another thing I wanted to mention, certain bosses will have a weakness. When a certain ability is used on them a box will pop up "This ability had an abnormal effect on <monster>" dealing more (x1.5) the damage it normally would. Knowing your opponents weakness is key for the above tree and can tip the scale against extremely powerful bosses like Mechagodzilla 2 and Hedorah.

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

TAIL SLIDE!!!!! HOLY SH********T
Resized Image