What City Should Great G Destroy!?

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505

What City Be Destroyed By Legendary Godzilla?

New York
18%
Chicago
8%
Denver
1%
Jacksonville
3%
San Antonio
2%
Washington D.C.
12%
San Francisco
26%
Los Angeles
28%
Portland
3%
Charlotte
1%

Total votes: 130

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

I think we can all agree, for the love of all that is good and holy, NOT NEW YORK CITY.
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

GotengoXGodzilla
EDF Instructor

Re: Location

Post by GotengoXGodzilla »

I hope that its done mostly in Japan, since thats a tradition among Godzilla films. However, I would also like a few exotic locations which Godzilla has never been too before. Like, Europe, or the Middle East or Antarctica.
Check out my film blog - Seeing Is Believing

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

Then where? Chicago might be good I suppose, lots of skyscrapers there. San Francisco would be neat, but the cityscape isn't nearly as built up in contrast. Seeing Godzilla take out the Golden Gate Bridge would always be interesting, though.
If it bites... don't mess with it!

Legionmaster
Xilien Halfling

Post by Legionmaster »

GotengoXGodzilla wrote:or Antarctica.
GFW!
bleep bloop

GotengoXGodzilla
EDF Instructor

Post by GotengoXGodzilla »

Legionmaster wrote:
GFW!
Yeah...that film sucked. It doesn't count. :P
Check out my film blog - Seeing Is Believing

Legionmaster
Xilien Halfling

Post by Legionmaster »

My issue with it taking place in Tokyo or such, is that in order to cater to an American audience, they'd have to force some good ole white folk in there. Which is really annoying to see. If they just go with Japanese characters, it feels a little exploitationy that they speak English. They won't make it subtitled. I could understand a first attack in Tokyo, but I think the climax would much better be seen in LA.
bleep bloop

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

Balitmore or Chicago would be awesome 'specially as a Chicagoan myself.

San Francisco would be an interesting choice as well.

My bets are on NYC though -_-
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

^ So? I had the same thoughts on Cloverfield, but it was in NYC anyway.

tokyostateofmind
Monarch Researcher

Post by tokyostateofmind »

Well, my dream for this film would be to have a Japanese foundation. Since it is japanese origin (the franchise), then the nature should be kept. There have been many American movies that have taken place in Japan, and various other Asian locations (Kill Bill, Lost In translation...) that have done fairly well. Now the entire movie doesn't have to take place, but a good chunk of it should take place within Japan, and most likely cross over to the United States. I think that since they are going for a more "Realistic" version, i think that we will see many different locations around the world responding or even experiencing Godzilla or any other kaiju/monster sightings and/or attacks. With this simple t-shirt release, I am so glad that the behemoth of a ball will begin to roll and even more updates will come along.

Zilla103192
Keizer

Post by Zilla103192 »

Im putting my bet on NYC or LA.
Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark

bananaoil
G-Force Personnel

Post by bananaoil »

Little Rock, Arkansas. Or perhaps he can completely rid us of Texas.

Regardless, it will probably be a warmer coastal city, and I believe the safest best will be LA.
Daikaiju is better with rainbows!!!

Godzillawolf
G-Grasper

Post by Godzillawolf »

I would like to see not just one city but maybe a bunch of cities. Godzilla roams, he just doesn't stay in one place.

vaporchu
Monarch Researcher

Post by vaporchu »

GotengoXGodzilla wrote:
Legionmaster wrote:
GFW!
Yeah...that film sucked. It doesn't count. :P
Whadja talkin' 'bout? It sucks, but it's one of the most fun films released in the franchise since....like, the Showa Era.

Anyways...I can agree with the whole start in Japan, climax in America idea. The film will have its climax take place in America, but it would be a nice treat to see part of the film take place in Japan.

GojiFan1954
Young Farmer

Post by GojiFan1954 »

Yeah...that film sucked. It doesn't count. :P[/quote]

How could you saw such a thing!!!!

g2kmaster
JXSDF Technician

Post by g2kmaster »

I saw Atlanta. Here's why:

-I live 2 hours from Atlanta. My town is an air force base. good chance to go ahead and film some army stuff
-AT&T/Bell South stuff is down here. That goes down and a good chunk of people in the US are without communication
-Coca Cola will be taken down. A nice crowd pleaser, like when the White House was taken down in Independence Day
-in going with a nuclear theme, Atlanta is supposed to be getting a new nuclear power plant soon
-Atlanta International Air Port is one of the world's most important air ports

Atlanta is fresh and is very important for a lot of things. If stuff in Atlanta goes down, it will not be without meaning.

Legionmaster
Xilien Halfling

Post by Legionmaster »

Why not Philly then? And the general Delaware Valley area. MacGuire Airfoece Base is the last stop in the USA for planes going to the Middle East. Pepsi is here. Limerick has a nuclear plant, and good ole TMI isn't too far away. Philly International is a massive airport and one of the largest on the east coast. And Philly also has a booming film industry. :P
bleep bloop

g2kmaster
JXSDF Technician

Post by g2kmaster »

Philly would be a good idea. Love to see the Rocky statue get squashed by Goji, hehe.

g2kmaster
JXSDF Technician

Post by g2kmaster »

LA and New York have been done to death. They need to break the mold...

tokyostateofmind
Monarch Researcher

Post by tokyostateofmind »

It better be Philly, its where I go to school and I vowed I will be in this movie. I am sure I am not the only one who didn't want to be seen running away from imaginary kaiju. But I do agree with the reasons why Philly should be chosen. Although it isn't specifically off the coast, it is pretty close to the beach. The thing is that G would probably have to go on destroying a bit of the Jersey Shore, I live in Jersey so I am more excited to see those' "guidos" from the MTV show to be spooked, although, they better not have a cameo. It depends on The Situation they are put in (i swear these puns were unintended)
Last edited by tokyostateofmind on Sat Jul 24, 2010 11:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Legionmaster
Xilien Halfling

Post by Legionmaster »

Is Snooki the myster monster opponent!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
bleep bloop