Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters / Kaijuu Daikessen (SNES)

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Re: Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters / Kaijuu Daikessen (SNES)

Post by Beef Bigshot »

Using the movable atomic breath is weak but it's just so cool. Also it's ideal to use against mothra but since I use the computer, the controls are pretty hard
Resized Image

Justemporary
Yojimbo

Post by Justemporary »

I look forward to hearing about.when you finally get the hard copy and get to experience the controls as they should be. Out of all the characters Biollante's is still my favourite.

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

WHAT THE FFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU BIOLLANTE IS YOUR FAVORITE SHE SUCKS SO BAD. yes she has a few good moves but she is easily without a doubt the easiest character to beat in the game. all you have to do is knock her to the "ground" and spam atomic breath. you can easily take away 3/4 the health bar while she is down only once. any-who sorry for pooping on your favorite character i apologies

to make up she does have an excellent sprite
Resized Image

Justemporary
Yojimbo

Post by Justemporary »

Lol. I won't deny that she is bottom tier. Still, you have a lot to learn about the capabilities of the entire roster. It's true, you can theoretically pin her down with atomic breath from full screen but she's strong from that range. You just don't know it. I thought the same thing way back.

Most projectile fights happen with beam to beams. Biollante lobs those acid balls and recovers in time to block. If she hits you with one while you get hit it's not a good situation. Granted, she can't hit everyone from full screen so she has to inch forward a notch. The barrier she uses also saves her from block damage so it's no good fighting her with too many projectiles . . . . unless you're fighting the cpu ;p

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

As much as a I enjoy the Biollante character, can't say I have been a fan of her in the games you can play as her (Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters or Godzilla: Unleashed). Still, she is pretty unique character without the jumping and provides something a little different.

My favorite character from this game was easily Gigan, as I found him the easiest to do combos with thanks to his mid-air attack lead ins.
If it bites... don't mess with it!

Justemporary
Yojimbo

Post by Justemporary »

Gigan has some really strong tools. He also has the fastest fireball release. Too bad it's so weak as well. Recovery is friggin' awesome. I had Anguirus use his ball move and just watched Gigan take like 15 hits standing and then use the rage combo. Speaking of Anguirus, he has the most normal attacks in the game. He's pretty well equipped.

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

Agreed^^^

Anyone rather her be like a sub boss after you beat like three monster or something

Also, switch biollante with rodan maybe? (poll?)
Resized Image

Justemporary
Yojimbo

Post by Justemporary »

She seems like the funnest character to beat up on. It's always nice to have one of those in a fighting game. Still, Rodan would definitely have been a nice choice. After all, from what I can see they modeled many moves off of Battle Legends and had a sprite model to work off of. The game has 3 kaijuu able to fly in the game already so maybe they thought it was excessive? Ah well, we're dealt this lot. This weekend if I get a chance I'll put up a long video of all the characters fighting Super MG or something. I definitely find him challenging to defeat because he has so much range and fast moves. Wish King Kong was in it but he's not exactly Toho stuff and not super huge . . . unless you count that one Godzilla fight where he was suddenly Godzilla size.

OH! I have a question for everyone. So, has anyone watched the Godzilla vs Super Mechagodzilla movie? I watched it but didn't like it as much as the King Ghidorah one. My question is whether anyone knows what the hell flies off of Super MG's back when he wins? Is it some sort of escape pod? Always thought it was maybe Gouten in the background letting you know there was another boss. I had a lightbulb go in my head thinking maybe, just maybe it was that lame pterodactyl flying device from the movie. This mystery thing only shows up when the win pose is with the Garuda attached by the way.

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

He he then it is the lane pterodactyl thing. It's truly suprising how much detail is in this game, same with the nes monster of monsters game
Resized Image

Justemporary
Yojimbo

Post by Justemporary »

I'm still finding the depth of the game rather nice. Noticed a strange anomaly that I have yet to go test out. For Gigan's rage he can get stuffed by physical attacks. I thought Megalon's napalm bombs started as one because you can't absorb it with Super MG. Just watched Gigan plow through the whole thing. Trying to come up with another way to test it so I'll probably try it against Mechagodzilla's barrier and see if he gets hit or if it bounces. If it hits Mechagodzilla it will make that projectile seem really inconsistent. Better check on Godzilla's rage startup as well just to make sure.

Oh right, speaking of Megalon, I noticed a lot of character moves need low blocks that I didn't notice before. Megalon's rage napalm bomb starts hitting low when it flares up, but if you block high, the block stun won't let you block low anymore so you'll get hit if you don't remember that. Same goes for Mechagodzilla, King Ghidorah and Biollante's rage attacks. There's parts of their attacks that hit you low so it's always better to block low.

Oh, I noticed along with Anguirus, Godzilla, King Ghidorah and Gigan were missing a normal attack in their move list. Just a regular jumping+Y attack.

Anguirus has an unblockable setup. I always thought I was tricking the computer into doing something stupid but I went and tested it out against myself. Anguirus has a jump attack where he curls down for two hits. Once again, the opponent is put in such a long state of block stun that they can't begin blocking low in time and Anguirus recovers faster. So, theoretically he can get a free grab attempt or guarantee a low jab because that's his only low hitting move. Neato.

Another thing about grabs I noticed is that this game in general depends on button mashes to break out of anything. So a Godzilla bite throw that usually does something like 8 bites can be reduced to 3 by pressing the buttons. Usually those throws are easier to execute but the tradeoff is that they're easy to reduce in terms of damage. Mashing is what accelerates getting up as well. If you try just using the d-pad you won't get up faster. Breaking out of throws needs exactly 4 presses of a button. Doesn't matter which, you can alternate or repeat but 4 will break out except in one circumstance. A little rare in the game but you can both grab one another simultaneously, and whoever does their inputs for their hold attack wins. There's no breaking out of the monster hug otherwise lol.

Other than that, my notes so far have gotten to Gigan next and I've written my Godzilla, Anguirus and King Ghidorah notes. I'll let you all know if I find anything else surprising. Once I'm done I'm done though and moving onto another game.

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

Notes.... Do you mean your writing like a synopsis on each monster and also DANG IT...my freakin eyes!
Resized Image

Justemporary
Yojimbo

Post by Justemporary »

I am writing my personal notes because I'm no fan of the faqs available. The descriptions on this site are the most thorough even if they're incomplete. Sorry about the eyes, I just have lots to show. I finally learned the proper distance to land Godzilla's rage. A quarter of the screen distance should do the trick.

Finished Gigan's section. He's pretty beast. He also has the fastest roar out of all the characters. He can stun you with 9 up close just to give you an idea while King Ghidorah needs like 35 or something just to put things into perspective. Also, Mothra doesn't stun so easy which may lead to further tests. Second place for roars goes to Biollante's surprisingly.

Went and did some tests on Gigam's beams. They're normal strength so Megalon's bombs don't plow through. Also, only very powerful projectiles can push his rage bomb back. Against Godzilla's rage it actually manages to cut it down by two.

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

Hhhmm this game is pretty freakin hard on any difficulty but the AI is pretty intelligent. Got example if I go crazy and start pressing a bunch of buttons and doing a myriad of attacks, the computer will back away. So next time if you get trapped in a corner just start punching wildly and your opponent will back away. Also it seems to stall them a bit as well. Meaning you can actually kinda stop them from even using a ranged attack sometimes
Resized Image

Justemporary
Yojimbo

Post by Justemporary »

You get the cartridge yet? You'll fing it easier hopefully. And it's true, the CPU reacts to certain things pretty consistently. Very few characters have combos so you really need to have a good understanding of all your moves. Try learning anyone else? That quarter distance I mentioned for Godzilla was the distance to mow through their fireballs and land those hits by the way.

Also noticed something I hadn't with Megalon. Usually projectiles will send his napalm bomb back. What I didn't notice was that its still active when it moves back so it can nullify some more portions of beams before it falls down and goes boom.

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

Sadly no cartridge yet, gots no money. You can do a little trick with megalon. If he shoots a napalm bomb, if it hits you it will slow down and fall. This gives you a fair amount of time to get out of the way and get maybe one hit with a ranged attack
Resized Image

Justemporary
Yojimbo

Post by Justemporary »

That's correct. You get time to try and grab him as well. That way if he breaks out you put more distance from him. On expert difficulty he'll combo off his napalm bombs whether you block or not so his design completely changes.

So you must be playing some sort of emulator right? Do you get two player mode? If you do you can try this against Mothra out of spite. Anguirus' rage when done against her floating a bit off the ground forces him to hit so many times he starts rolling under her and forcing her up into the corner. I did a good 41 percent damage on her with the lowest power settings in vs mode. Fun stuff.

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

God I love this game, sadly Its the only game I have ever rage quitted from
Resized Image

Justemporary
Yojimbo

Post by Justemporary »

You are lucky. There's no frustration like game frustration man. I am currently on my Mothra notes. Only two more characters left after and I will be done with it for a while and go into My Godzilla sleep mode .-. Haven't noticed too many new things these last few days. I did however find two instances for Godzilla to land his rage move. It is character specific and only works on Biollante and Super MG. do a nuclear pulse and the rage right after since those two are easy targets still when knocked down.

One other thing I noticed was Gouten's rages. I never did like using him so I notice things a lot easier. The rage where he drills ca. Be slightly steered up or down. His other one pulls targets in or itself towards the target. I regret to say this but in the end I will probably hurt yours and everybody else's eyes and post my last notes in my typical fashion. That or update and edit my previous first post in this forum thread.

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

Glad to hear your almost done^^

When you do start doing a different game I would say take a look at Godzilla monster of monsters, I've noticed that the game actually has quite alot of work put I to it
Resized Image

Justemporary
Yojimbo

Post by Justemporary »

I don't own a Nes or do emulators. Angry video game nerd jaded me with his review lol. Naw, seriously, this Godzilla game is all I need. I dig fighters and this game just manages to strike the right balance. Next Snes game I have on my list is Battletoads in Battlemaniacs though. Still, I enjoy what I've managed to contribute and where I have chosen too here. Think I'll wait a while before picking it up again. Writing gets repetitious and I look forward to finishing it and making a little playthrough hopefully. Everyone against Super MG.

I caught another one of those block stun tricks with Anguirus though. Jump over the enemy and do a heavy tail somersault. When you land your tail will swing late and hit behind you. You can block this move any way you want but if you block high Anguirus gets a free low hit. Still loving the Godzilla combo I found earlier.