Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters / Kaijuu Daikessen (SNES)

For the discussion of Toho video games and video games of Toho related characters only.
Justemporary
Yojimbo

Re: Godzilla: Destroy All Monsters / Kaijuu Daikessen (SNES)

Post by Justemporary »

Naw he's right. I went through the same caution too. The other super famicom Godzilla game that comes up is the Super Godzilla game.

Oh Arbok, when it does come time to add info to the kaijuu daikessen section just refer to the post I made on the third page. I periodically edit that post for ease of reference to all the new findings. To my surprise, that shock anchor throw Super Mechagodzilla is very faithful to the movie itself. They actually switch from blue to yellow once he dons the Garuda. Pretty nifty.

Fun fact of the day, Godzilla can just barely run underneath Super MG's mega buster ray.

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

Thanks guys appreciate it. Helped alot
Resized Image

Justemporary
Yojimbo

Post by Justemporary »

I've gone off the game for a day and gotta say it's addicting when you become good at it. I think I'll go on a minor hiatus to give you some time for discovery and to develop your own style. Don't wanna steal all the fun ;p If you have any questions about problems against the computer or even execution drop a message. Good day for now lads . . . and lasses.

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

Oh I hate the end part of the game. Always have megalon and mothra last. I always go with megalon and get the crap beat outta me with napalm bombs then after him I have to fight mothra which everyone hates doing. Strange, mothra was so weak in G:MOM but now she is god mode.....hhhhhmmmm
Resized Image

Justemporary
Yojimbo

Post by Justemporary »

Megalon has a tendency to use his air drill move which gives you dibs to hit him on the way down. He uses napalm bombs but a back dash will give you some breathing room. Depends on who you're using.

Mothra is sorta tough. If she starts to fly high you can expect some of those dive attacks. She can't block so use one of your moves to knock her down. Who are you using and what difficulty are you playing?

Dillyziller
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Dillyziller »

Well I was going to download a rom but then I thought screw it because NoName is making a remake so ill check that out when its done.
^This post in sexually offensive.

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

im on freakin easy difficulty
Resized Image

MDK
Terminated
Terminated

Post by MDK »

Dillyzilla the Kaiju wrote:Well I was going to download a rom but then I thought screw it because NoName is making a remake so ill check that out when its done.
NoName's remake will probably be different so get the original. And the music rocks too.
TK's resident O L D S H O W A F A N B O Y who is a salty heisei and sticklegs zilla H A T E R and GINO fan S T E R E O T Y P E R and member who threw a T E M P E R T A N T R U M over Vega
Legion1979 wrote:The Godzilla fandom tends to attract three types of people; ignorant kids, social deviants and drunks in their late '20s and older. Lol
SaltPersonified wrote:Says the one who threw a temper tantrum over Vega
If you're forced ignored with me and you see this because you logged out to read my posts you need a life lol

Dillyziller
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Dillyziller »

^
I know it will be different. I bet it will still be like the original but maybe even better.
^This post in sexually offensive.

Justemporary
Yojimbo

Post by Justemporary »

Beef Bigshot wrote:im on freakin easy difficulty
My advice is go to 2 Player mode. Choose your character (who are you using?) and for player 2 hold select and then press "A". Alter the settings and when you begin the fight player 2 will be "Com 2". Saves some time for fights. If you change the difficulty in the options to "Practice" the cpu will play less aggressively. At least this way, you can switch it up and not have to commit to using one character.

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

Aah thx
Resized Image

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

Justemporary wrote:The chart has to wait a while I think.
Well when you are ready, just hit either me or GigaBowserG up so we can add it to the site. Moving some of my game stuff into my new apartment which should make this easier.
If it bites... don't mess with it!

Justemporary
Yojimbo

Post by Justemporary »

You guys are in luck. Just finished with Tournament Fighters and will now be dissecting Kaijuu Daikessen in earnest. Not that there's much to do. That chart isn't consistent so I'll have to find some sort of way to sort it out.

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

What are you doing^^^^

Why are you dissecting this game so much, just curious
Resized Image

SpaceG92
Keizer

Post by SpaceG92 »

Beef Bigshot wrote:What are you doing^^^^

Why are you dissecting this game so much, just curious
Some people like seeing in depth data on the game and it can help the main site update it's information about the game. Examples, how moves work, how they can be countered.

Some people like the Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter hard core players use this information a lot to see combo's coming up and how long of an opening they have until the enemy can react. Fun stuff, anyways, darn that Super Mechagodzilla. He taunts me with his uberness! I fought against him early yesterday and I just about threw my controller at the screen. :dizzy:

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

Thanks for explaining, he he when I fought him I just sat in the corner and blasted with atomic breath alot so he never had time to counter. Just back in the corner and blast away. I know he has the shield thing but you can kinda make him never have a chance to use it . If he gets close just tail whip him away. If he falls just do alot of damage on him while he is helpless. He really isn't all that hard. Not like mothra
Resized Image

Justemporary
Yojimbo

Post by Justemporary »

The more you discover about a game and the better you get leads to a different level of enjoyment. I played this game since I was little and coming back to find stuff I didn't know about and seeing it from a different perspective makes it a lot of fun. Knowing how to land moves you seldom get is fun too and it depends on the player and the game too. It's game just happens to jive with me lol.

When you get better you'll start jumping from character to character and the game just gets bigger. By no means master it, but don't miss out on the other 90% of the game.

You mentioned atomic breath so I'll assume you're using Godzilla. I actually found him the most difficult to learn lol.

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

SpaceG92 wrote:Some people like the Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter hard core players use this information a lot to see combo's coming up and how long of an opening they have until the enemy can react. Fun stuff, anyways, darn that Super Mechagodzilla. He taunts me with his uberness! I fought against him early yesterday and I just about threw my controller at the screen. :dizzy:
Yep, some people go hardcore into their games and fighters tend to attract that more than others. I find it fun to just dissect and discover anyway, but maybe that's my personality. Sometimes the feeling of discovery is a game unto itself. I also find this to be one of the "deeper" early Godzilla games, but of the reason why I enjoy it over the larger rostered Turbo Duo fighter.
If it bites... don't mess with it!

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

Yup I only use the big G cuz 1. I like his atomic fire attack that you can aim 2.I'm very used to his move set, I play on my Mac so playing as other characters is....meh 3. He is Godzilla.

I really do need to branch out but when I did I picked anguirus. Got my ass handed to me and went back to Godzilla who I've already beaten the game with. He is still fun to me somehow. It might be the sprites...who knows

As SNES goes, the graphics are incredible. They are what made decide to start making custom sprites and crap
Resized Image

Justemporary
Yojimbo

Post by Justemporary »

For Godzilla it's hard to find a good time to use his controllable breath move. I usually use it as an air counter or to take down Mothra but if you pay close attention it's not only very weak, creates a lot of recovery depending on how much you use and what strength you use, it also builds up their rage meter really fast. More often than not I prefer to use the weak version for breaking fireballs and only the weak version because it comes out faster and recovers better. When the cpu is down I use the tail swing, it reaches faster and does good damage.

I think if I have a bit of time this weekend I'll go make a video of me using everyone against Super Mechagodzilla. Then you can see certain strategies I've developed or my play style I should say.