Weapons can't hurt Godzilla, but can he feel them?

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
gzilla46
Futurian

Weapons can't hurt Godzilla, but can he feel them?

Post by gzilla46 »

Everyone knows that the army's weapons can't hurt him, but can he still feel them hitting his skin? I mean, just because he's invincible doesn't mean he can't feel things touching him. They're different things. Do you think Godzilla can still feel the army's weapons even though they don't hurt him. If so, what do they feel like? Do they feel like someone poking you? Does it feel like bug bites? What do you think?
Shadow Arena Records:

Wins: 1
Losses: 0

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

Re: Weapons can't hurt Godzilla, but can he feel them?

Post by PopInPicsPresents »

It's quite obvious he can feel them. The Showa Godzilla didn't like getting hit by artillery in the slightest. I'd go as far as to say they hurt him. Heisei Godzilla seemed to shrug off artillery fire but didn't like getting hit with laser fire or cadmium missiles. The first Millennium Godzilla was hurt by the Full Metal Missile Launchers. The second didn't like getting hit by the Griffon fire. GMK Godzilla shrugged off everything besides the D-3 missiles. Those hurt him. Kiryu Goji was hurt by masers. FW Godzilla was hurt by anything man made.
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Jomei wrote:Anyway, who's everyone's best girl for X? I'm on team Asuna.
Mama Birdon is bae
Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

Dillyziller
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Dillyziller »

I bet it feels like a VERY small pinch.
^This post in sexually offensive.

gzilla46
Futurian

Post by gzilla46 »

Dillyzilla the Kaiju wrote:I bet it feels like a VERY small pinch.
That's what I was thinking.
Shadow Arena Records:

Ligerzilla2014
G-Grasper

Post by Ligerzilla2014 »

Weapons tickle him. That's why his roar got so high pitched during the heisei series. He was really just squealing with delight.

gzilla46
Futurian

Post by gzilla46 »

ligerzilla2014 wrote:Weapons tickle him. That's why his roar got so high pitched during the heisei series. He was really just squealing with delight.
Really? That's why his roar was high pitched in Godzilla vs SpaceGodzilla? I thought it was because they were trying to make him look like the hero in that one.
Shadow Arena Records:

edgaguirus
Keizer

Post by edgaguirus »

I'm sure he feels something. The missiles may feel like being stung, while things like shells feel like a small punch.
The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.

The strength of the vampire is that people will not believe in him.

Giga Kaiju
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Giga Kaiju »

It would be the equivalent of being punched (when a kaiju attacks him), a litte pinch (from a missile), a slap (maser or similar weapon).

Im' guessing.
UNSTOPPABLE FURY. UNTHINKABLE POWER. UNBREAKABLE WILL.
tymon wrote:Man, it really makes me laugh when I remember that all this drama is centered around a fictional, giant atomic monster. Damn you, Godzilla!
Gawdziller wrote:Doesn't matter what's moot or not. We'll just move onto the next thing to bitch about, then tangent onto something unrelated and bitch about that, and get trollbaited back on topic so we can bitch some more. It's the circle of life.

TyrantGojira
EDF Instructor

Post by TyrantGojira »

Tank shells to Godzilla are equal to somebody throwing really small pebbles at you.
"Am I glad he's frozen in there and that we're out here, and that he's the sheriff, and that we're frozen out here, and that we're in there and I just remembered we're out here. What I wanna know is where's the caveman?"

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

PopInPicsPresents wrote:It's quite obvious he can feel them. The Showa Godzilla didn't like getting hit by artillery in the slightest. I'd go as far as to say they hurt him. Heisei Godzilla seemed to shrug off artillery fire but didn't like getting hit with laser fire or cadmium missiles. The first Millennium Godzilla was hurt by the Full Metal Missile Launchers. The second didn't like getting hit by the Griffon fire. GMK Godzilla shrugged off everything besides the D-3 missiles. Those hurt him. Kiryu Goji was hurt by masers. FW Godzilla was hurt by anything man made.
FinaroGoji was hurt by man made weapons? Could have fooled me, because he sure has hell shrugged off the Ataragon's fire in the beginning, and he obviously tanked two gigantic explosions. If anything, he and GMK Godzilla are on par/rival each other in durability.

#BotM

RedZillaKing

Post by RedZillaKing »

Pretty sure PiPP meant wasn't. PiPP don't shiv.
Last edited by RedZillaKing on Wed Mar 13, 2013 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Legionmaster
Xilien Halfling

Post by Legionmaster »

Maybe he has no sense of feeling, and all the roaring and flinching is just muscle memory.
bleep bloop