Best suit for the job

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
Goji
Xilien Halfling

Re: Best suit for the job

Post by Goji »

One of these days, I'm going to take some screen caps from GMK to show how little of this "potbelly" is even seen on screen, and how exaggerated some of the complaints are. Why must Godzilla always have the stance/look of an anthropomorphic dinosaur?

I mean, Godzilla '92-'95 had jelly rolls, for Christ sake, yet somehow I rarely ever see anyone complain about this. Why is that?
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
Chrispy_G wrote:I'll say it one last time, Trump wins in a landslide.
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

I figured it's taken for granted now that Heisei Godzilla looks ridiculous.

I agree that Sokogecki-Goji needs some tweaks, but overall I think it nails the more villainous side of the character. It's one of my ideal Godzilla designs.

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

The complaints are overblown, and frankly, it's gotten old. People wanted another "mean" Godzilla. We got one. Apparently, it wasn't good enough.

How the hell do you please anyone in this fandom anymore? Is it even possible?
UltramanGoji wrote: Cranky because you got mad I implied GFW isn't a good movie aren't you
I'll gladly eat crow if it doesn't turn out that way....but at this point it feels painfully obvious, as it has for months.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Goji wrote:The complaints are overblown, and frankly, it's gotten old. People wanted another "mean" Godzilla. We got one. Apparently, it wasn't good enough.

How the hell do you please anyone in this fandom anymore? Is it even possible?
Oh, the thing looks 'mean' as hell. I'm not saying it doesn't. I love the head, it's just that the body that could've used some work. And it's not even bad from most angles; the movie's camera work generally did a good job of showing the good sides of all the suits.

And imperfections aside, it's because the suit looks as evil as it does that I don't want to see it again. It fits GMK's unique take on Godzilla, but would be too much for the GxMG version.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Goji
Xilien Halfling

Post by Goji »

Sorry, I should have specified I wasn't directing those comments at you. My bad.

I agree that it might have been odd to see that particular Godzilla suit used again, and really the only reason I initially picked it was because I simply do not care for the other Millennium Godzilla suits, outside of the KiryuGoji (but that's one I definitely wouldn't have wanted to see in 6 different movies). To be honest, I don't think any of the Millennium suits could really get away with being in 6 movies.

IIRC, the only reason the GMK suit wasn't in used in GxMG was because it was simply too big in comparison to the Kiryu suit.
Last edited by Goji on Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Now that Goji has brought it up I think the GMK suit could have worked on all the films had pupils been added save GMK.

My original idea with the thread was to try and give showa and the Millennium a more uniform suit like how Heisei had.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

They don't necessarily need to be uniform.

I like consistency, but one size doesn't fit all.