Favorite Visuals

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
MDK
Terminated
Terminated

Favorite Visuals

Post by MDK »

Post here about your favorite visuals.
Ex:Godzilla's shadow appearing in his awesome entrance in Terror of Mechagodzilla.
TK's resident O L D S H O W A F A N B O Y who is a salty heisei and sticklegs zilla H A T E R and GINO fan S T E R E O T Y P E R and member who threw a T E M P E R T A N T R U M over Vega
Legion1979 wrote:The Godzilla fandom tends to attract three types of people; ignorant kids, social deviants and drunks in their late '20s and older. Lol
SaltPersonified wrote:Says the one who threw a temper tantrum over Vega
If you're forced ignored with me and you see this because you logged out to read my posts you need a life lol

Pkmatrix
Futurian

Re: Favorite Visuals

Post by Pkmatrix »

I've got a lot, but a few I can think of off the top of my head...

- Osaka on fire from Godzilla Raids Again. Tokyo on fire from the first film is great too, but I love the extreme long shot they use in GRA just a bit more. ^_^

- Mt. Aso erupting in Rodan.

- Biollante. Just, Biollante. Everything about her is just pure visual awesomeness. 8-)

MDK
Terminated
Terminated

Post by MDK »

Living Corpse wrote:Godzilla standing right behind the Diet Building mere moments before smashing it in Gojira.
THIS
But I LOVE the final battle in Godzilla VS Destoroyah And the titular character's death.
TK's resident O L D S H O W A F A N B O Y who is a salty heisei and sticklegs zilla H A T E R and GINO fan S T E R E O T Y P E R and member who threw a T E M P E R T A N T R U M over Vega
Legion1979 wrote:The Godzilla fandom tends to attract three types of people; ignorant kids, social deviants and drunks in their late '20s and older. Lol
SaltPersonified wrote:Says the one who threw a temper tantrum over Vega
If you're forced ignored with me and you see this because you logged out to read my posts you need a life lol

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

A lot of moments in Biollante, specifically most of the final battle (in particular when she first emerges from the ground) and visually, even if simple, I always love the first time Godzilla and Biollante meet... with the military seeing the rose way in the distance and Godzilla marching through the trees. Great stuff.

I also love Kiryu's entrance in the final battle for Godzilla Tokyo SOS, blasting Godzilla from above before landing. His shoulder toss of Godzilla was always neat as well in the film.

Bye Bye Jupiter has a lot of great visual effects as well, that stand up very well even today despite the fact that the film itself is pretty meh (I think the most exciting thing is seeing the stock footage from Ghidorah, the Three-Headed Monster).
If it bites... don't mess with it!

Tapkaara
Monarch Researcher

Post by Tapkaara »

Gosh, I could pick any number of memorable images from Godzilla '54. But here's one I always like, though it's possible no one else in here has ever thought about it much. After Godzilla's attack at the rail road, there is a shot of him from behind as he is walking away. There is no music, but you hear his roar. I always thought this was very powerful; he leaves all of this destruction and this is the last thing you see as he leaves his dastardly work. You look at him with a certain awe.

And I always like this shot from KK v G:

"Music should never show disdain for its audience."
- Akira Ifukube
My website, the OFFICIAL English language website about Akira Ifukube: http://www.akiraifukube.org

Laserface121
Monarch Researcher

Post by Laserface121 »

Monster X's transformation into Keizer Ghidorah.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

The original birth of King Ghidorah.

Tone of shots from DAM, both human and kaiju. That's just a beautifully composed movie.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Arbok
Kingdom Mikado
Kingdom Mikado

Post by Arbok »

Living Corpse wrote: Godzilla vs Gigan: ... the side view camera panning while the space monster march onward...
Agree this is a pretty cool sequence that often gets overlooked, and one that hadn't really been done before. Seeing King Ghidorah and Gigan advance as the camera follows them, while Ghidorah is effortlessly blasting the nearby Maser Cannons, is a great visual.
If it bites... don't mess with it!

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

^ I agree; I wouldn't mind seeing that used more.

Although it's been a long time since I saw DAM, I do remember one cool scene during the Tokyo destruction sequence. Godzilla is enveloped in a pillar of smoke, and as he turns 180 degrees around to fire his atomic ray again, the smoke curls around with his body.

Kubo
Sazer

Post by Kubo »

Always love the pyrotechnics in fights like Ghidrah, the Three Headed Monster, Godzilla vs. Gigan, Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla, and Terror of Mechagodzilla. The combination of wind and Gravity Bolts in Ghidrah make the destruction of Tokyo one of my favorite scenes in all of Godzilla. In GvGi, there are several nice explosions and shots of the suits. Anguiras's arrival on Japan is one of those. The suit looks like an absolute mess (and in the close ups, it's pretty terrible), but from faraway, the green-dirty-brown color of Angy's skin is good-looking. Mechagodzilla gives us the industrial fight, where we get a firework show of flames. On top of that, the scene where Fake Godzilla stomps through the apartments is also cool. Nothing spectacular, but it's funny to watch him not go around that lone building. Terror gives us the scene of Mechagodzilla and Titanosaurus ravaging Tokyo, literally uprooting streets and buildings. Beautiful work by Nakano.

More to come...
Giving myself brain damage wishing too hard upon a star.

Twitter: @Dawn_of_the_DED
If you follow me on there, shoot me a DM so I know you're from the forums.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Love it when they shoot kaiju from a low angle against the real sky (as opposed to a backdrop), as with Titanosaurus at the beginning of Terror of Mechagodzilla.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

ScootaVaran
EDF Instructor

Post by ScootaVaran »

Tapkaara wrote:Gosh, I could pick any number of memorable images from Godzilla '54. But here's one I always like, though it's possible no one else in here has ever thought about it much. After Godzilla's attack at the rail road, there is a shot of him from behind as he is walking away. There is no music, but you hear his roar. I always thought this was very powerful; he leaves all of this destruction and this is the last thing you see as he leaves his dastardly work. You look at him with a certain awe.

And I always like this shot from KK v G:

When I was little that scene actually frighten me. It was one of the few shots to make Godzilla seem large and scary looking. That slow walk to the coast line just made even more creepy to me. Probably the only time Godzilla ever scared me.

I'm going with the infamous kangaroo kick from Destroy all monsters. Such a great scene.
The quickest way into a woman's bed is through her parents. Have sex with them and you're in. -Zapp Brannigan
For some Coffee inspired art, viewtopic.php?f=19&t=11147

Ligerzilla2014
G-Grasper

Post by Ligerzilla2014 »

Everything that has already been said plus this scene from final wars

Moonewe73
Ronin

Post by Moonewe73 »

Some of my favorite scenes, short that they are, are when you see the monsters from far away. By means of animation, models/puppets, or the actual suits. Seeing these giants from a distance surrounded by open space. A few examples:

- Rodan doing that loop in the air in Rodan (1956)

- Godzilla way on the horizon before the metal nets drop on him in Mothra vs. Godzilla (1964)

- When Mothra is starting to fly off to Rolisica after he hatches in the blue sky in Mothra (1961)

- When Gaira rises up from the sea at the airport or that shot of him caught in the fishing nets with people on the beach in War of the Gargantuas (1966).

- When Miki lands on that helicopter pad to stop Godzilla with her psychic abilities and you see Godzilla far out at sea in G vs. Biollante (1989)

There's more I could list, but those kind of shots always give me that feel of scope and size than seeing the kaiju up close IMO.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah - The fucking gorgeous shot of the nuclear sub approaching the backlit Godzilla underwater.

junkerde
Terminated
Terminated

Post by junkerde »

Gino humping a building, so much love, and that lightning strike was PERFECT!

godzilla98rules
EDF Instructor

Post by godzilla98rules »

Well here are a few that come to my head (No specific order):

Gojira: Godzilla approaching the wall of electrical towers. Almost all of Godzilla's shots.......

Godzilla vs King Ghidorah 91: As mentioned above, Godzilla's appearance as he prepares to destroy the sub.

Godzilla vs Mothra 92: Godzilla rising out of Mt. Fuji

Son of Godzilla: The end where Godzilla and Minilla share their body heat and begin to hibernate.

Godzilla vs Megalon: THE TAIL SLIDE KICK!!

Terror of Mechagodzilla: Godzilla's Appearance. Tokyo being destroyed.

GMK: The finale with Godzilla's heart.

And I'm sure someone's going to bite me for this but:

Godzilla 1998/GINO: Godzilla's Appearance. Godzilla biting into the truck full of fish.

There are many more, but this will work........
godzilla98rules's Digital Paintings & More: http://godzilla98artworks.weebly.com/index.html
GeekyAustin: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQloD4 ... EJpzdZq3ag

Resized Image Resized Image

R.I.P. George Root III

Godzilla6014
G-Force Personnel

Post by Godzilla6014 »

This is probably an answer you guys are used to hearing from a fan like myself but anytime in a Godzilla film when there's a battle. Always an entire fight sequnce between the monster is my favorite visules as well as any scene where there destroying cities. There was even a time when I just watched the battle scene from the movies and it was a blast. :g2k:
Legionmaster wrote:Yeah how dare people talk about the things they like. What assholes.