The Latest Movie/TV show You Watched Topic 2.0

For the discussion of movies and TV shows not distributed by Toho.
Hedorah
Xilien Halfling

The Latest Movie/TV show You Watched Topic 2.0

Post by Hedorah »

Inception (2010) -
A bunch of guys "steal" secrets by going into peoples dreams, they end up being hired to plant an idea in some guys head. I don't wanna spoil much, GO SEE IT ASAP if you haven't!

6/5
#1 DEXTER FAN ON TK!

Godzilla 2000 wrote:tl;dr is just l33tsp34k for "you talk too damn much."
I wrote: Fuck the Dave the isn't footings happen

Titanosaurus101
Yojimbo

Re: The Latest Movie You Watched Topic 2.0

Post by Titanosaurus101 »

Death at a Funeral

A very varied film, heh. Some parts of it were really funny, other parts were gross out humor. Basically, the film is about a funeral within a very messed up family. A guy tries to blackmail them, a guy is accidentally slipped marijuana, and a lot of other stuff. Overall, I still think it was a pretty good film. 7/10.

Monty Python and the Holy Grail

I saw it with some friends. This film is definitely a comedic classic and has been rip offed/homaged too many times to count. It of course, is about some Knights who decide to search for the Holy Grail after God makes them do it to motivate the peasants or something like that. My favorite parts are the Tale of Sir. Lancelot, the Killer Rabbit, and the Black Knight scene. My only complaints are the occasional repetitive humor. 9/10

The_Olden_Thing
Monarch Researcher

Post by The_Olden_Thing »

Watched "Punisher: War Zone" earlier. Fun flick, better than either of the previous films. I did feel there wasn't as much focus on Castle as there should have been, particularly his troubles with killing the FBI agent. So as a result, he came off as a bit flat, not helped by Ray Stevenson's performance; Ray gives it good, but he could've injected a little more variety into Castle's persona.

Still, its a fun, bloody good film. Jigsaw's speech to the gangsters is comedy gold.

Rockzilla
Interpol Agent

Post by Rockzilla »

The Losers

It was like a really mediocre A team.

Spirit Ghidorah 2010
Xilien Halfling

Post by Spirit Ghidorah 2010 »

Wall-E (2008)-
The movie depicts a dystopian society where overpollution has forced humanity to go on an exodus to space. Wall-e is a clean-up robot, staying on Earth to clean up the trash. After a few decades, another robot named EVE lands on Earth to check if any plant life has started to sprout. The two robots then go on an adventure.

The main thing which made me love this movie was how it brilliantly told alot without the robots really saying anything. Along with that, there were many clever gags, fantastic visuals, and a (going to lose man points here) sweet underlying love story. Of all the Pixar films I've seen, it's my personal favorite. But please, stop beating the whole "don't pollute" message into my head; I'm still reeling from Avatar. 9.8/10

Toy Story 3 (2010)-
Basically, Andy's going to college, and his faithful toys are inadvertently sent to a daycare. At first, it looks like paradise. But things soon take a quick downturn.

I'm going to get torn apart for this, but this movie was not the gem which I expected it would be. Don't get me wrong, it was damn good, and the ending truly wowed me, but for some reason the middle of the movie just did not completely click with me. Still, I thoroughly enjoyed it, and it was a great way to close a trilogy, but it just wasn't enough for me to literally leave me speechless. Sorry, guys. 9.1/10
He/him/his

#Pro-Choice #ACAB #TransRights #BlackLivesMatter #vaccinate #EatTheRich #TheSatanicTemple

Cinematic Kaiju
Interpol Agent

Post by Cinematic Kaiju »

In theaters... Inception. Amazing movie.

On DVD... Batman Forever lol
"The only sensible way to live in this world is WITHOUT rules."
-The Joker
Heath Ledger

Gorosaurus Rex
EDF Instructor

Post by Gorosaurus Rex »

Despicable Me: A criminal mastermind has to adopt three children to help bring his evil plan to fruition. While it has its moments of cuteness and clever humor, too much of the film is bogged down in immature humor and derivative plot points. The villain also lacks any true sense of menace. 2.5/5 or -B
SuperSaiyan4Godzilla wrote: And Godzilla isn't Pixar. The latter deals with children. The former deals with adults who behave like children.

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

The Crazies 2010. I didn't actually pay attention to this in the beginning but I caught enough of it to know what was going on. Pretty cool flick nice horror film.

American Pie. I hadn't seen it in awhile and so I rented it off of Netflix. Still hold up well for an Animal House esque film.

Clash of the Titans 2010. Was a pretty meh film but looks amazing in HD. The Kraken scene was a little lack luster.

Tonight watching American Pie 2 and American Wedding.
Proud owner of a Xbox Series X, Switch OLED and PS5.

PC Specs
CPU: Intel i9 10900k, Motherboard: MSI Gaming Carbon Wi-Fi, Case: Corsair 4000D airflow, RAM: G.Skill DDR4 32GB (16GBx2), GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti Vision, Storage: WD SN750 1TB, Mouse and Keyboard: Logitech G502 Lightspeed Mouse and Logitech G905 Keyboard.

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

American Pie 2- A decent sequel that's pretty on par with the first one but just couldn't surpass it. Had some funny stuff in it. 7.5 out of 10.

American Wedding- The worst in the trilogy (I count the D2DVD titles as spinoffs) not really that good at all and doesn't hold up well. Still had it's moments but not enough to make it memoriable. 6.0 out of 10

This Film is Not Yet Rated. It's a documentary about the movie rating industry. It's actually pretty entertaining and such and I highly recommend checking it out. 9 out of 10

Hexed- A terrible early 90s comedy about a hotel desk clerk who's tired of being a nobody so he makes up this story that he dated this famous supermodel and finds out she's going to be staying at the hotel. Needless to say shennigans incure and yeah. It's really boring and stupid. 4.5 out of 10.

PC Specs
CPU: Intel i9 10900k, Motherboard: MSI Gaming Carbon Wi-Fi, Case: Corsair 4000D airflow, RAM: G.Skill DDR4 32GB (16GBx2), GPU: Gigabyte RTX 3080 Ti Vision, Storage: WD SN750 1TB, Mouse and Keyboard: Logitech G502 Lightspeed Mouse and Logitech G905 Keyboard.

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

Grizzly (1976) -- A monstrous grizzly bear is responsible for numerous brutal killings in and around a state park. A ranger and a naturalist try to track down the giant, but soon discover that the evil animal is just as capable of evading them as much as making its presence felt in the community. It will take wit, strength, and perseverance to destroy the devil bear. It's not a matter of "if" it will attack....but when.

The movie has it's flaws, but it was enjoyable nonetheless. The special effects were simplistic, but were carried out very well. Grizzly was the top-grossing independent film of 1976, and rightly so; I must say that this animal rivals Jaws. 9/10
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

Aquanoids- A crappy movie that's sort of like Humanoids from the Deep and not in a good way. 5 out of 10

Creatures from the Abyss- A cheesy Itallian horror movie that's so bad it's good. The film also goes by the name Plankton. Things I've learned about this movie: fish that eat radioactive plankton gain the ability to assimilate DNA ala The Thing, it also increases their lebedo<sp> and if their aren't females around the fish turn gay. Oh and people who eat the toxic plankton will turn into fish monsters while having sex. 8 out of 10 for cheesiness.

PC Specs

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

The Evil Dead (1983) -- Ash Williams, and a group of teenagers in a remote cabin play an audio recording from a man who released evil spirits with the Book of the Dead. Nothing seems chaotic until the recording plays the man vocally stating incantations from the book. As a result, the teens are possessed by demonic spirits one by one. Ash Williams and the remaining teenagers try to live through sunrise, but can the odds are against them.

Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell produced The Evil Dead, and the result: A movie that looks like it was made by two people who decided to make their own home-fashioned film. The movie has spawned two sequels, several comic book spin-offs, and even a few video games. A large cult following also formed after its release. I enjoyed it, but there are obvious flaws, which add to the cheesiness, but still keep me interested. Acting is overdramatized, but the effects were superb for the time. 7/10
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

Gorosaurus Rex
EDF Instructor

Post by Gorosaurus Rex »

Lottery Tocket-A poor teenager buys a winning lottery ticket and soon becomes the object of attention for this small ghetto town. While not really a bad film, its so incredibly average that I cannot really endorse it. I didn't really have any laughs throughout the whole film, with the only real bit of comedy coming at the film's expense. However, it is incredibly obvious I was not the target audience for this film, so I cannot be that hard on it.

2/5

Letter Grade: C
SuperSaiyan4Godzilla wrote: And Godzilla isn't Pixar. The latter deals with children. The former deals with adults who behave like children.

Gorosaurus Rex
EDF Instructor

Post by Gorosaurus Rex »

I was with a group of friends I hadnt seen in a while, and one of them wanted to see it, and it was the only movie playing at the time.

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

Gorosaurus Rex wrote:I was with a group of friends I hadnt seen in a while, and one of them wanted to see it, and it was the only movie playing at the time.
You guys should have went and seen Piranha 3D that movie was bad ass.

Piranha 3D-Saw this last week with my friend and his brother see the P3D thread for my thoughts on it. 9 out of 10.

Kick Ass- Didn't really look appealing to me from the TV spots or the trailers but watched this on Blu-Ray last night and I really enjoyed the movie defiently going to be adding it to my collection very very soon. 8.5 out of 10

American Pie: The Book of Love- The latest direct to home video American Pie film was actually pretty enjoyable, it got back to it's roots but still couldn't capture the charm of the first two films. Though it ranks higher IMO than American Wedding and the other three direct to video AP films. At least they're making a 4th theatrical film with most of the original cast so maybe that'll be good.

PC Specs

mecha-gino
Futurian

Post by mecha-gino »

Inception - an absolute masterpiece that makes my head explode when I think out it.

A head explosion out of five.
R.I.P My Old Sig. 2011 to 2016

DrKaiju1954
G-Grasper

Post by DrKaiju1954 »

The Last Exorcism-I was expecting a lot for this movie,yes it scared me and really creeped me out but some parts were just staight up lame.I give it a solid 7/10
"You're trespassing in my reality. Ask permission next time."

Gorosaurus Rex
EDF Instructor

Post by Gorosaurus Rex »

gvamp wrote:
Gorosaurus Rex wrote:I was with a group of friends I hadnt seen in a while, and one of them wanted to see it, and it was the only movie playing at the time.
You guys should have went and seen Piranha 3D that movie was bad ass.

Piranha 3D-Saw this last week with my friend and his brother see the P3D thread for my thoughts on it. 9 out of 10.
Wanted to. It wanst showing at the theater we were at.

gvamp
Xilien Halfling

Post by gvamp »

The Real Wolfman- It's a documentary about La Bete du Gevaudan where basically they say a farmer trained a hyena to kill all those people in France. One of the theories suggested that the church gave the farmer the hyena so that they could scare the villagers into going back to church since a lot of people had forsaken it at that time. 7.5 out of 10

Ghidorah The Three Headed Monster- I watched the Japanese version with subs from the CM disc and I prefer the English version over the Japanese, maybe it's because it's the version I grew up with and they're pretty much identical save for a few extra human scenes but yeah. Still a great entry into the Showa series. I do agree with some the complaints about shoddy writing for example the shock therapy why make a machine that goes well over enough to kill a human? Though those are just minor nit picks, still one of my favorite films from the series. 8.5 out of 10

Beware the Moon- The new documentary on the An American Werewolf in London BD. It's pretty well done documentary would have been nice if it where in HD but alas didn't hinder the viewing. If you pick up the BD of this film or the DVD reissue then do check it out. 8 out of 10

Sex Drive- I don't know why but I really like this movie. I tend to watch it about once a year sometimes more. This time I watched the Unrated Version which I recommend (along with the directors) that you see the R version first then the jokes stand out better.

PC Specs

Arrow
Gotengo Officer

Post by Arrow »

Zombieland
Columbus seeks to survive a world overrun by zombies by living out the guidelines to survival he created for himself.

A truly hilarious movie that plays with and outright subverts several Zombie-movie cliches. A perfect blend of witty dialogue and gore, as well as some hilarious action scenes. Bill Murray's appearance was icing on the cake. The opening (Metallica's "For Whom the Bell Tolls" played over footage of people fleeing crazed zombies) alone makes this film a worthwhile experience. One of my favorite comedies.

4/5.

Deep Blue Sea
I was just re-watching this film recently and (surprise, surprise) I still love it. LL Cool J (Preacher) was my favorite, but all the actors and actresses are fun to watch. I love the premise and how it sets itself apart from the stock and standard shark movie. It's a frightening situation - trapped in a sinking facility with super-smart man-eating sharks hunting you. There are some great one-liners here ("you ate my bird"; "did someone order the fish"). It's got flaws and there are some great leaps in logic (why didn't Susan just hold her hand above the water?), but I honestly didn't care. I was enjoying myself far too much to pay attention. Admittedly, the CGI scenes of the sharks attacking their prey can be pretty bad, but most of the shark effects are well-done. The movie's paced pretty decently and there's rarely a dull moment. Fun movie is fun.

It's no Jaws but face it - there will probably never be a shark movie that good in a real long time.

So my advice to you: if you ever find yourself at home on a Saturday night put this film on, get some popcorn, and enjoy a decent action thriller featuring plenty of deaths.

3.5/5