Is it bad to be a Godzilla fan and like the American remake?

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
Rody
Xilien Halfling

Re: Is it bad to be a Godzilla fan and like the American rem

Post by Rody »

Varan Bon Ziller wrote:Technically speaking it is better than stuff like Megalon or Gigan.
I respectfully disagree. Godzilla vs. Megalon and Godzilla vs. Gigan aren't high-quality movies, but Jun Fukuda & company understood and respected the source material, and did the best that they could with what they were given. Both films are very recognizable as Godzilla films, albeit goofier, less funded entries to the franchise.

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Rody wrote:
Varan Bon Ziller wrote:Technically speaking it is better than stuff like Megalon or Gigan.
I respectfully disagree. Godzilla vs. Megalon and Godzilla vs. Gigan aren't high-quality movies, but Jun Fukuda & company understood and respected the source material, and did the best that they could with what they were given. Both films are very recognizable as Godzilla films, albeit goofier, less funded entries to the franchise.
And, at least in the case of Gigan, the cinematography and editing are easily of comparable quality to that of GINO.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

Post by PopInPicsPresents »

I really like the movie, couldn't care less about the monster being called Godzilla though ;) It's always held a special place in my heart considering it's what got me into Godzilla in the first place.
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Jomei wrote:Anyway, who's everyone's best girl for X? I'm on team Asuna.
Mama Birdon is bae
Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

gzilla46
Futurian

Post by gzilla46 »

PopInPicsPresents wrote:I really like the movie, couldn't care less about the monster being called Godzilla though ;) It's always held a special place in my heart considering it's what got me into Godzilla in the first place.
A little bit for me, too.

Though it was ONE of the first like I said, it wasn't THE first. The first I saw was Godzilla 1985. The one with Raymond Burr.
Shadow Arena Records:

Wins: 1
Losses: 0