Worst/strangest fan theories

For discussions covering more than one Toho film or show that span across more than one “era.”
JAGzilla
Sazer

Re: Worst/strangest fan theories

Post by JAGzilla »

Wow, I never knew about that footage. Bagan looks more like an Ultra-monster than anything from a Godzilla movie, though.
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Hellspawn28 wrote:Everything is canon because Toho never give out a official canon to the franchise.
Ummm... All the Toho-produced/distributed Godzilla theatrical films are canon. That's not a theory, it's a fact. They're not all in continuity with one another, but none are in any sense unofficial according to the arbitrating body, which is Toho.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Post by MaxRebo320 »

He's lying. Tyler is messing with people who don't know better.
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
https://betacapsulereviews.wordpress.com
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....

Tamura
EDF Instructor

Post by Tamura »

In all honestly, that video fooled even Shinichi Wakasa. I explained to him on his facebook that I made it and that it was a joke.

JAGzilla
Sazer

Post by JAGzilla »

Tamura wrote:I explained to him on his facebook that I made it
:lol:

But seriously, what's it from?
"Stop wars and no more accidents. I guess that's all I can ask." -Akio

Tamura
EDF Instructor

Post by Tamura »

Some Sentai-esque series Toho produced not long after GFW. Part of the prank was that Toho reused this footage of "Bagan" for the show, making it virtually infallible.

MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Post by MaxRebo320 »

:lol: Wow, you'd think people could tell the difference between a huge budget blockbuster and a low budget kid's show!
Beta Capsule Reviews - Your Guide to Ultraman & other Tokusatsu episode-by-episode!
three wrote:leave me be maxrebo! damn you and your ability to play the game here....

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Brian R Culver wrote:
My enty into the worst theories would be those that tried to find some kind of hidden meaning into the mention that Serizawa had dealings with a German scientist.
Hidden meaning? In a Japanese movie bursting at the seams with allegory relating to the second world war, references to Japanese and Germans working together aren't hiding anything, the allusion is right on the surface.
Tokyo, a smoldering memorial to the unknown, an unknown which at this very moment still prevails and could at any time lash out with its terrible destruction anywhere else in the world.

Brian R Culver
Yojimbo

Post by Brian R Culver »

eabaker wrote:
Brian R Culver wrote:
My enty into the worst theories would be those that tried to find some kind of hidden meaning into the mention that Serizawa had dealings with a German scientist.
Hidden meaning? In a Japanese movie bursting at the seams with allegory relating to the second world war, references to Japanese and Germans working together aren't hiding anything, the allusion is right on the surface.
What allusion do you attribute to the fact that the scientist is German? What difference would it make to the film if the scientist was from another country?

Kiryu2012
Keizer

Post by Kiryu2012 »

But if I recall, arn't you the one who said he could see Godzilla and Junior engage in sexual activity?
I was stupid back then.
MaxRebo320 wrote::lol: Wow, you'd think people could tell the difference between a huge budget blockbuster and a low budget kid's show!
These days, very few people could tell the difference at all.
My most wanted fight ever is Discord vs Bobobo-bo bo-bobo.
Godzilla has a regen like Wolverine, a skin like Luke Cage, a hero aura like Captain America, a strength like Hulk, an unstoppability like Juggernaut, an immortality like Deadpool.

There's a 'God' in Godzilla for a reason...
gigan72 wrote:
Kiryu2012 wrote:Stopped someone from committing suicide
Holy shit man.
My DA

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

Brian R Culver wrote:
eabaker wrote:
Brian R Culver wrote:
What allusion do you attribute to the fact that the scientist is German? What difference would it make to the film if the scientist was from another country?
Are you suggesting that there is literally no reason that the line was included? That, in the middle of an allegorical film addressing Japan's involvement in and the consequences of World War 2, a reference to and denial of a Japanese/German joint venture is just the result of the writers mad-libbing? And that Serizawa's hurried denial (in which he seems to be protesting too much) was a performance choice Akihiko Hirata made at random?

The absence of that reference would make no difference to the progression of the plot (and in reading a fictional narrative, we must look at what is included despite apparent plot irrelevance as therefore having been included for other purposes, in this case thematic). It would mean the inclusion of one reference fewer to the historical circumstances of Japan's involvement in World War 2.

The original Godzilla is not a film of neat 1:1 historical parallels. It is not a simile wrapped up in a neat little package. The reference to the German scientist doesn't need to represent some obvious, specific historical figure.

Serizawa's research is leading down a dark path, a path which - while it is ultimately responsible for saving countless lives - the filmmakers did not feel was one mankind ought to tread lightly. While Godzilla is symbolically linked to the atomic bomb, so is the Oxygen Destroyer. The audience is meant to be fearful of Serizawa and his work, before it is even revealed what that work is. Serizawa is coded throughout the first two thirds of the film as a dark, menacing figure, scarred in some way (literally and figuratively) by Japan's past.

When Serizawa is linked with Japan's war time allies, that is an explicit choice made to maintain an association the movie has been building between the circumstances at hand and the circumstances of World War 2.

MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Post by MaxRebo320 »

Ooh! Ooh! I have one! A strange theory that Minilla is an asshole!!

eabaker
Administrator
Administrator

Post by eabaker »

MaxRebo320 wrote:Ooh! Ooh! I have one! A strange theory that Minilla is an asshole!!
Well, what kind of an asshole manages not to age at all between 1967 and 1999?

Clearly, a total asshole.

MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Post by MaxRebo320 »

eabaker wrote:
MaxRebo320 wrote:Ooh! Ooh! I have one! A strange theory that Minilla is an asshole!!
Well, what kind of an asshole manages not to age at all between 1967 and 1999?

Clearly, a total asshole.
James Bond is an asshole too.

MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Post by MaxRebo320 »

Cimmerian Dragon wrote:^ Nah, he keeps his youth via the curative properties of liquor and continuous unprotected sex with countless young partners.
Can't see Minilla getting laid anytime soon.

MaxRebo320
EDF Instructor

Post by MaxRebo320 »

MaxRebo320 wrote: Can't see Minilla getting laid anytime soon.
Cimmerian Dragon wrote:Come on, it's JAPAN!

You know there are plenty of chicks who are into that scene.
Uuuhhhhhh.......

knockinrockin
G-Grasper

Post by knockinrockin »

Living Corpse wrote:When Bond is having sex he isn't really having sex, he's absorbing their life force to stay young, like Shang Tsung's "your soul is mine" deal.

Ash does the same thing in Pokemon, why do you think he's always got at least two people with him?
The weird thing is Ash is with a DUDE and a girl....
DeadpoolsbetterThanU wrote:
Orgasmatron wrote:we finally tried anal and she said she would have it again
Now you live up to that user name of yours!

Shadow wrote:
Chris55 wrote:5'1
640lbs

:lol: Wow, you should get outside sometime, that's if you get fit through the door.