Actors/Actresses you want to see?

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
chefzilla65
Ronin

Re: Actors/Actresses you want to see?

Post by chefzilla65 »

I think it would be cool if Steve Martin had a cameo.
Godzilla would be heading his way and he could say into his cellphone "This is it George!!"

Gorosaurus Rex
EDF Instructor

Post by Gorosaurus Rex »

For some reason I would love to see Jeff Goldbum in this film...
SuperSaiyan4Godzilla wrote: And Godzilla isn't Pixar. The latter deals with children. The former deals with adults who behave like children.

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

I got an idea... why don't we put Matthew Broderick in it? He'd be great for a Godzilla movie, wouldn't he! :P
Showa Gyaos wrote:
Godzillawolf wrote:I don't know how anyone else feels about this, but I'd like Will Smith, he's my favorite actor and he's done great in serious movies before, while also managing to retain an air of comedy to the character he brings. That and he's one of the few actors that play serious roles that I know by name.
I agree that Will Smith would be a great person for this movie, but I hope he would leave most of the comedy out.
If Will Smith is in this movie, I will boycott it. I am not even kidding. Will Smith is a good actor, but he's still in my opinion, the most overrated modern actor. Not to mention the movie he's most well known for, I Am Legend pretty much was raped of it's meaning for monetary gain.
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

Godzillawolf
G-Grasper

Post by Godzillawolf »

JVM wrote:I got an idea... why don't we put Matthew Broderick in it? He'd be great for a Godzilla movie, wouldn't he! :P
Showa Gyaos wrote:
Godzillawolf wrote:I don't know how anyone else feels about this, but I'd like Will Smith, he's my favorite actor and he's done great in serious movies before, while also managing to retain an air of comedy to the character he brings. That and he's one of the few actors that play serious roles that I know by name.
I agree that Will Smith would be a great person for this movie, but I hope he would leave most of the comedy out.
If Will Smith is in this movie, I will boycott it. I am not even kidding. Will Smith is a good actor, but he's still in my opinion, the most overrated modern actor. Not to mention the movie he's most well known for, I Am Legend pretty much was raped of it's meaning for monetary gain.
And that was his fault how? The actor, even the lead actor, has little control over the movie unless they're allowed to adlib their lines, that's normally as lucky the actor gets. So don't blaim Will Smith for the movie being much diffrent than the original movie. Just like I don't think anyone blaims the actors in GINO for the movie being that far diffrent than the original, at least I don't, since they've not got much control at all over the movie.

I respect your opinion that he's overrated, but I just disagree with the example given.

HeiseiGodzilla117
Xilien Halfling

Post by HeiseiGodzilla117 »

^^ There was an old "I am Legend" film? I knew there was a book... not an older film though.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

HeiseiGodzilla117
Xilien Halfling

Post by HeiseiGodzilla117 »

Wow, I did not know about that. And I'm a fan of Vincent Price. Anyways, I don't really want any big name actors in this film. Because then I'm afraid it might focus too much on the actor instead of Godzilla. As long as the cast does a good job, I could care less. If I HAD to pick an actor... I guess Robert Downey Jr... only because he's my favorite actor.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

And that was his fault how? The actor, even the lead actor, has little control over the movie unless they're allowed to adlib their lines, that's normally as lucky the actor gets. So don't blaim Will Smith for the movie being much diffrent than the original movie.
It's not his fault, but around here it's brought up as one of the greatest movies of recent times/all time, and Will Smith is popular - again, locally - pretty much solely for his appearance in that one movie. Pretty meh movie, and not one of Smith's best performances. I have beefs with Smith otherwise, including The Karate Kid, but my point is the actor is nobody to cite as one of "the greatest actors ever" - the little of Smith's work I do like is from his earlier years when he was comedy-focused. I don't like his serious acting - it usually comes out a mixed bag, with some bits feeling great and some feeling exaggerated.
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

Gigan X3
Futurian

Post by Gigan X3 »

Hellspawn28 wrote:What about Adrien Brody?
I like him. Him in Kong, Now in Godzilla, that's sexy.
Chris55 wrote:
Biollante wrote:WHY DID THE TERMINATOR STEAL THE BIKER'S GLASSES IN TERMINATOR 2? IT SERVED NOOOOO PURPOSE, WHERE'S THE EXPOSITION?
He was going to kill the T1000 with SEXINESS

Mulder
JXSDF Technician

Post by Mulder »

Jeff Goldblum and who ever played alan grant he and Jeff would be good scintists.

Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

Post by Xx_The_Masquerade_xX »

Mike55 v2 wrote:Jeff Goldblum and who ever played alan grant he and Jeff would be good scintists.
Your thinking of Sam Neil, Im not sure how putting them both in Godzilla would be because then people will bitch it's to much like ''Jurassic park'' which was Zilla's problem in the first place. It was more of a Tribute to Jurassic park then to Godzilla.

So i think both of them being in the movie is a long shot but both are great actor's an i wouldn't mind seeing either one of them in the next Godzilla movie. They'd both be good at the role of a scientist

Steven Sloss
Yojimbo

Post by Steven Sloss »

Hellspawn28 wrote:What about Adrien Brody?
Great choice. He has plenty of genre experience, both as action heroes (PREDATORS, KING KONG) and scientists (SPLICE), plus he's a damn fine actor. I'd love to see him slip into a scientist role. He'd be a great choice for an Akihiko Hirata/Serizawa type.
"Will Earth be ruled by Man or Mysterians? No, only science can rule..."

Proud fan of GODZILLA, GAMERA, ULTRAMAN, and all their rubber-suited brethren since August 2000.

Gorosaurus Rex
EDF Instructor

Post by Gorosaurus Rex »

I would rather not see Brody in this film. Having him in both Godzilla and Kong would seem repetetive. To be honest though, because Godzilla is a series without any definitive human roles its hard to pick any actors that can really fit into the film. Depending on the chracters written for the movie dozens of different actors could work.
SuperSaiyan4Godzilla wrote: And Godzilla isn't Pixar. The latter deals with children. The former deals with adults who behave like children.

xenotactics
Monarch Researcher

Post by xenotactics »

NSZ wrote:
HeiseiGodzilla117 wrote:^^ There was an old "I am Legend" film? I knew there was a book... not an older film though.
The old film was called "The Last Man on Earth" starring Vincent Price. And the vampiric traits are oh so more obvious than in "I am Legend".

Omega Man with Charlton Heston. These were all based on Richard Matheson's story "I am Legend". He also wrote about a number of "end of the world" scenarios for the Twilight Zone back on the late 50's/early 60's. That was a big part of his oeuvre.

omgitsgodzilla
E.S.P.Spy

Post by omgitsgodzilla »

I can see Jeff Goldblum being like Raymond Burr in G85, like he's the only one who sees the utter futility of trying to kill Godzilla.
RED MENACE
Projects YouTube Patreon

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

omgitsgodzilla wrote:I can see Jeff Goldblum being like Raymond Burr in G85, like he's the only one who sees the utter futility of trying to kill Godzilla.
Jeff Goldblum would kick major ass.

But I'm afraid I don't see it happening.

Gorosaurus Rex
EDF Instructor

Post by Gorosaurus Rex »

I dont see Cloony working in a Godzilla film. It doesnt seem like his type of project.

TokyoVigilante
Futurian

Post by TokyoVigilante »

That and those roles were from his "Take any work I can get to feed myself" days that all actors go through.
“I have never listened to anyone who criticized my taste in space travel, sideshows or gorillas. When this occurs, I pack up my dinosaurs and leave the room.” - Ray Bradbury

TokyoVigilante
Futurian

Post by TokyoVigilante »

He could work, but he seems to be in mostly lighter and comedic roles. I prefer John Krasinski because he can pull off dramatic parts, and his comedic touches are subtle.

Plus I just really like The Office.
“I have never listened to anyone who criticized my taste in space travel, sideshows or gorillas. When this occurs, I pack up my dinosaurs and leave the room.” - Ray Bradbury

The One and Only
Futurian

Post by The One and Only »

^I'd hardly call Midnight Meat Train a light, comedic role for Cooper. And he's in the upcoming horror flick Case 39. For the commander of the military operation I'd love to see R. Lee Ermey(Full Metal Jacket, Seven, Switchback, R. Lee Ermey's Lock & Load) leading the charge against the Big-G. I was let down a bit with a lot of things in X-Men:The Last Stand when the powers that be just had him do a voice over when giving the troops their orders to equip themselves when dealing with Magneto's Brotherhood. I was secretly hoping to see Magneto and Ermey have some sort of face off. Onesided for sure, but have them butt heads nonetheless. Another gentleman with a heck of a lot of cred in the fan community would be Tom Atkins(The Fog, Night of the Creeps, Lethal Weapon, My Bloody Valentine 3D) for the milyary commander. Or a guy who often seems to be a bit type casted in the roll, Robert Patrick(Terminator 2, The Unit, Stargate Atlantis:The Rising, CopLand, The Faculty ).
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

TokyoVigilante
Futurian

Post by TokyoVigilante »

You want military commanders?

You could probably have his mustache play a cameo as Mothra's Cocoon.